Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ There go the brides ❯ Deception ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
The next morning, the titans met at the chapel, and the groom and his bride were there to meet them. At the same time, all other weddings had been postponed at Robin's request so that Blackheart would be sure to come to their wedding only.
The titans thanked the couple for helping them out. “Listen, Robin…” said the groom. “If anyone should be thankful, it's us.”
The bride agreed, “We've know you titans as long as we can remember. You've saved this city countless times, which means you've saved our lives as well. It's a real privilege to be able to pay you guys back and help catch a bad man.”

Robin shook both their hands. “Thanks…” he simply said “All right… let's go over the plan once again.”
Before long, everyone had taken up their positions, and the wedding began. The bride walked down the aisle. She looked ravishing as the few people who attended the wedding gazed at her. She reached the groom and the ceremony began.
The titans kept looking casually around for any signs of their enemies, and when the minister asked, “If there is reason why these too should not be wed, let them speak now.”
A loud crash was heard outside and the doors burst wide open and in ran a swarm of Blackheart's men, and Blackheart himself. “Yes, I'd like to say something…” he snickered.
“Well so would I…!” snapped Robin as he and the titans leapt out from their hiding places, “Titans, go!”
The civilians took cover as the fight waged on. The groom held his bride as she quivered in fear. While the other titans dealt with the soldiers, Robin took Blackheart head on. The two of them rushed, and leapt about with their fists and feet flying with skilful martial arts. “You're not getting that bride!” snapped Robin.
WHAMM! They had engaged in a strength struggle. “Who's going to stop me…?” sneered Blackheart as he swiftly broke up the struggle, and blasted Robin hard with his power. The other titans charged at him, only to have them get smashed, pummelled and kicked out of the way. Terra didn't dare try to attack him head for fear of the baby.
“Hmm, mm, mm…! This is too easy.” Blackheart sniggered. It was almost a little too easy, but he didn't care. He motioned for his men to capture the bride, which they had, and as they exited, the titans tried to go after them, only to get forced back inside by another blast of power.
Blackheart laughed at their foolish attempts to try and get at him, and then gazed at the groom, “Looks like, if you'll pardon the pun….” He mocked “The best-man has won over the groom. Hmm, mm, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah…! Let's go, men!” then the soldiers were gone before anyone noticed.
The titans rose to their feet, and looked more impressed than disappointed. “He has fallen for it.” Starfire said.
“Sure has…” smirked Cyborg. He checked his wrist computer and got a reading on the transmitter the bride was wearing. “There they are…”
“Let's go.” Beast Boy said with a sinister expression.
They all headed off, and keeping sure to keep a fair good distance so Blackheart wouldn't suspect he was being followed.
The bride was taken to an abandoned building on the far side of town. The bride felt nervous as she looked around the laboratory. The captain headed up the long flight of stairs to the upper-areas. “Throw her in the cell with the others.” he ordered and then slammed the door.
The four soldiers dragged the bride over towards the cell where the others were being held, but before they could throw her in; the bride pulled a fast one and began to fight back. The soldiers all knocked unconscious, and had no time to fight back or call for the captain.
The bride smirked and then transformed into Copy-Cat. He called Robin on the communicator and told him where he had been taken.
“We'll be there shortly.” Robin answered. “Do you see Raven anywhere?”
“No… but I have found the brides.” Copy-Cat answered. They were all lying unconscious on the floor inside their cell. That was to be expected from having so much of their energy drained. Suddenly, Copy-Cat's foresight tingled. “Copy-Cat, what is it?” asked Robin.
Copy-Cat didn't answer and just kept still.
“Copy-Cat…? Copy-Cat…?”
Copy-Cat slowly turned round and could see several other brides walked towards him, groaning, and growling like zombies, and the brides inside the cell rose to their feet acting in the same condition.
Copy-Cat could sense their minds, and realized. “They are being controlled!” and that meant he couldn't fight them for risk of harming innocent young girls.
Rather than attacking him, the brides lead Copy-Cat upstairs to Blackheart. “Copy-Cat…!” Raven called form her cell.
“Raven…!” he boyfriend answered.
Blackheart stepped forward. “Well, this certainly is a pleasure. Though an unexpected one.” He said. “What have you done with these brides?” Copy-Cat demanded to know.
“Can't you read my mind?” mocked Blackheart. “I must commend you for actually finding my little hideout; I never expected such a deception, but I'm afraid you've only made things far worse for yourself. The brides are under my control, a simple task for their being drained of so-much energy. They respond to my orders only. They are my slaves, now, and forever! Once I am through here… I shall send them out to wreak havoc on the city, and no one would dare attack them.”
Blackheart looked at the energy jar, and it still wasn't full enough. “No matter… it will do. Soon your friends will be arriving, and when the do… I'll be ready.”
Copy-Cat was stuck, and Raven was still locked in her cell, but what Blackheart hadn't noticed was Copy-Cat had kept his communicator switched on the whole time they were talking…

…and the titans, who were already outside, had heard the whole thing. “That's just what you think, Blackheart.” Robin snickered, and the other Titans shared the same expression.