Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Who Said All was Fair in Love and War ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
Disclaimer: I own nothing
 
Confusion, Desperation
 
Robin got home that night, dazed and confused. Was he in love with someone he knew nothing about?
 
What did he know about her?
 
He decided to work it all out on paper.
 
What We Really Know about Alison Jones.
 
Her Name is Alison Jones.
She lives with her uncle ad her mother
He dad died when she was five
Her Dad is Gary Jones, the former richest man in Jump City
Mr. Jones and Slade knew each other
Alison is a Time Shadower that doesn't know much about her powers
Alison is fourteen years old
 
That was pretty much it. He almost put “Alison is a good kisser,” but that was more of an opinion than a fact.
 
Robin couldn't sleep that night. He couldn't think he couldn't stay still, he was nervous, although he didn't know why. He finally got to sleep but seemingly ten seconds later he was reminded why he was nervous.
 
“Friend Robin, say it isn't so!” cried Starfire, rushing into his room.
 
“Star?” he asked, squinting to see clearly (from afar.)
 
“Please, Robin?” Starfire begged.
 
“Please what?” asked Robin.
 
“Tell me it isn't true!” Starfire sobbed into his shoulder.
 
“Tell you what isn't true?” asked Robin.
 
“What Cyborg said in his sleep,” cried Starfire.
 
“What's he say?” asked Robin secretly wanting to kill him.
 
“That you and Alison…” the rest of her sentence was muffled by crying.
 
Robin didn't know what to do. He hugged her and patted her on the back. There wasn't anything to say. Starfire looked him in the eye and knew it was true, everything Cyborg said, and she stormed out.
 
Robin sat back down, in utter shock. He didn't know what to do. He rubbed his forehead in exasperation. He decided he needed to talk to the one person who knew everything about him. Raven.
 
He knocked on her door. It opened a crack and Raven appeared.
 
“Yeah?” she asked.
 
“Uhh…can we talk?” asked Robin.
 
“Sure,” said Raven, stepping out and closing the door being her. They went up to the roof and sat there for a few minutes, Raven wondering what was going on, and Robin wondering what to say.
 
“I don't know what to do,” said Robin after a few minutes.
 
“About what?” asked Raven.
 
“Alison and Starfire,” said Robin.
 
“What happened?” asked Raven.
 
“To tell you the truth I don't know,” said Robin, shrugging.
 
“It might help to tell the whole thing from the beginning instead of picking out the least humiliating parts,” said Raven.
 
“Okay, well, you have to promise not to tell anyone,” said Robin.
 
“I'm the queen of keeping secrets,” said Raven.
 
“Well, it started with the beginning of the titans when I met Star. You could say it was love at first sight. Until yesterday I never gave it a second thought, I thought I'd always love Star and only love Star. But then something weird happened…” said Robin starting to trial off.
 
“What happened?” asked Raven.
 
“Last night, a girl made me dance with one of her friends. I did, and I ended up kissing her, not realizing it was Alison. This morning Starfire found out,” said Robin.
 
“How did she find out?” asked Raven.
 
“Cyborg is sleep talking again,” said Robin as if it were nothing new.
 
“Yikes,” said Raven, not knowing what else she could say.
 
“What am I going to do?” Robin asked.
 
“I don't know. I mean, Starfire is your friend. She's always going to be here. Alison, well, we have to watch her for about a year otherwise she might get herself into a lot of trouble…” Raven said.
 
“You aren't helping a whole lot,” said Robin.
 
“I'm not the right person to talk to about this stuff,” said Raven.
 
“So who do I talk to?” asked Robin.
 
“It kills me to say this, it really does, but Beast Boy might really help,” said Raven.
 
“Ugh,” Robin sighed, promising himself never to talk to Beast Boy about this. However, next thing he knew he was in Beast Boy's room explaining the whole thing to him.
 
“Well, looks like you have a class A love triangle going' here,” said Beast Boy.
 
“Is that bad?” asked Robin.
 
“Well, it's bad because you have to hurt someone. It's good because now you have a choice. Here it is: you apologize to Starfire and tell her it will never happen again, proclaim your love for her, and always feel safe because you already know Starfire is deeply in love with you or you can just no say anything to Starfire and go with Alison, hoping she loved you,” said Beast Boy.
 
“Sounds like I'm going with Star,” said Robin, getting up.
 
“You sure about that,” asked Beast Boy.
 
“What could go wrong?” asked Robin.
 
“Well, anything can go wrong with love. But right here you could apologize and possibly break Alison's heart and then suddenly realize that Star is meant to just be a friend, but then find out Alison isn't quite as forgiving as Starfire is,” said Beast Boy.
 
“How do you know this stuff?” asked Robin.
 
“Two words: Chick Flick. It's amazing what you learn,” said Beast Boy.
 
“So is there a third choice?” asked Robin.
 
“Well, this is the safest one, but it'll take a toll on you…” said Beast Boy.
 
“What is it?” asked Robin.
 
“Just be friends with both of them. Just friends,” said Beast Boy “Basically, apologize to Star, but skip the part where you proclaim you love for her and talk to Alison the way you did before last night.”
 
“Great idea!” said Robin, rushing out of the room.
 
Starfire was ticked off. She was in her room, throwing things around star bolts uncontrollably fling about. How could he? They weren't dating, per say, but she's told him to wait for her. How could he just walk up to a girl he barely knew and just kiss her while she was gone? Just like that?
 
Suddenly there was a knock at her door. “Uh, Star?” asked Robin on the other side of the door.
 
“Robin,” cried Starfire, almost out of joy. She threw open the door and let him in. Her room was completely askew, but that didn't matter to either of them.
 
“Listen, Star, I'm really sorry about last night, I promise, it won't ever happen…” Robin began.
 
“It is al right Robin, I have to confess, I love you too!” cried Starfire, hugging, him.
 
“Uh, I love you too Star,” said Robin.
 
Beast Boy couldn't help bout “over hear” on the way to the bathroom. It wasn't his fault they couldn't learn to shut a door.
 
What, they were proclaiming their love? How did that happen?
 
Great, now he was confused. Wait, was that something new? Wait, what had he been doing? He shrugged and walked to the kitchen to get some tofu bacon and eggs. A moment later Starfire and Robin walked into the room. Robin caught his eye and gave him a helpless look.
 
OH YEAH, the voice in the back of his mind exclaimed. That wasn't supposed to happen.
 
But what could poor Beast Boy do? He had love problems of his own. He looked over at Raven.
 
Soon, he thought. It was only a matter of time.