Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Who Said All was Fair in Love and War ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Titans Or any of the song.
 
Masquerade.
 
The Titans arrived at the party the next night. The Jones Manor was the biggest house in Jump City, and from the inside it looked a lot bigger. Maybe it was only because they felt completely lost. The lighting in the ballroom was set up like a club and everyone was dancing. There were a least a hundred people there, pretty much all of Jump City's teens There was a D.J. in the front of the room taking request and the music was so loud Raven couldn't think.
 
“Well, nothing to do now but party,” said Beast Boy, pulling Raven out onto the dance floor. With her weight and the weight of the dress Starfire had made her wear, it was a miracle he could pull that off. The dress was black with way too many ruffles for one dress and to top off that there was a big pink sash in the middle. Raven hated it
 
Cyborg got comfortable in the corner of the room, figuring he'd be there all night because who would ever ask a half robot to dance. Starfire went to go fid the bathroom, telling Robin to wait for her right there, leaving him completely alone. HE heard some giggling behind him and felt someone tap on his shoulder.
 
“What?” he asked, spinning around.
 
“Hey, you look pretty lonely,” said a girl with reddish hair.
 
“I'm waiting for someone,” he said.
 
“Who, your girlfriend?” asked the red-head.
 
“No, she isn't my girlfriend, she's just a friend. She went to go find a restroom,” said Robin, slightly annoyed.
 
“Well, in that case, she might be a pretty long time. The bathrooms in this place are so packed it'd be easier to go to McDonalds across the street and just go there. Of course by now that's probably packed too,” said the girl.
 
“I'll keep that in mind,” said Robin, turning away.
 
“Wait,” said the girl, running after him.
 
“What,” he asked.
 
“Well, since you're waiting, you may as well dance with someone else. I know this girl who needs someone to dance with,” said the girl.
 
“Well…” said Robin.
 
“Please?” begged the girl.
 
“alright,” said Robin.
 
“Yesss,” said the girl, pulling him over to a girl who was standing against the wall watching everyone else. Which reminded him…
 
“Hey,” he said, stopping for a second.
 
“Yeah?” asked the girl.
 
“I need you to do something,” said Robin.
 

“What?” she asked.
 
“See that guy over there?” said Robin, nodding in Cyborg's direction.
 
“Yeah?” asked the girl.
 
“He's a friend of mine. He's really cool. Could you just, like, uh, dance with him?” asked Robin.
 
“Sure,” the girl answered.
 
“Thanks,” said Robin.
 
“Okay, the girl in the green with the blonde hair. That's her,” said the red head, leaving to dance with Cyborg.
 
Robin took a deep breath and walked over to the girl.
 
“Hey,” he said.
 
“Hi,” she replied sadly.
 
“So, uh, you wanna, um, dance?” he asked.
 
“Sure,” she said. They got out on the dance floor just as the song changed to a slow song. The stood there for a second, then the red-head caught his eye. She mouthed the words “be proactive” in his direction. Hesitating for another moment, he wrapped his arms around her waist, and less than a moment later he felt her wrap her arms around him as well.
 
He looked over at Cyborg, who looked like he was having the time of his life with the red head and then nearby he saw Beast Boy and Raven dancing together. Beast Boy looked like he was having a great time and Raven looked like she was trying for the life of her not to. He looked over at the girl he was dancing with and noticed that she looked deep in thought.
 
“You okay?” he asked.
 
“Fine, I guess,” she replied.
 
“What's wrong?” he asked.
 
“Have you ever been in a situation where someone knows more about you than you do, and suddenly you don't know who you are anymore?” she asked.
 
“Uh, kind of, except for me it was someone wanted me to do something because he thought I'd be good at it because I was just like him ad I didn't want to be like him and suddenly I found myself doing stuff I'd never normally do,” Robin answered.
 
“Like what?” she asked curiously.
 
“Trust me, you don't want to know,” he said.
 
“Okay then…” she said.
 
Robin then found himself doing one of the dumbest things he'd ever done, but the one thing he'd never regret as long as he lived. He kissed her. Right there, in front of everyone in the world. He'd let Starfire kill him later when she found out. Right now he just wanted this feeling to last as long as it could. He'd never describe it, he didn't know how, but I'll guess that it was a butterflies in the stomach, weak kneed, cliché kid of kiss that you hear about all the time, but it's so rare that it ever happens. The kind that starts suddenly, and ends just when you realize that your life isn't a fairy tale, and you start telling yourself that there is no such thing as happily ever after. The kiss ended along with the song and they both let go of each other.
 
“Hey, there's the birthday girl,” Robin heard a guy's voice say. A tall jockish guy walked over to the girl he'd been dancing with, along with all is friends and pulled off the girl's mask.
 
“Hey, Alison, we've been looking all over the place for you,” said one of the jock's friends.
 
“Robin? Oh, glorious, you have found Alison!” exclaimed Starfire from behind him.
 
“Hey, Ali, who are the dorks?” asked one of the Jocks, punching her playfully in the arm.
 
“They happen to be friends of mine,” said Alison, giving the jocks the look.
 
“Uh, we have to, uh, go,” said the lead jock nervously.
 
“Uh, sorry about that,” said Alison.
 
Robin was about to tell her it was okay until he realized she mean the jocks.
 
“It is okay, friend Alison, they are, jerks, yes?” asked Starfire.
 
“Yep, jerks,” said Alison.
 
She looked at Robin, making them both blush.
 
“Hey, you three! Gosh, Robin, how lucky are you? Alison and Starfire? MAN YOU ARE ON A ROLL!” said Beast Boy. A new song had started up. Robin noticed that most of the music so far had been rock instead of rap.
 
“Hey Beast Boy,” said Alison.
 
“DUDE! Let's go find Cyborg and we can all dance together!” said Beast Boy.
 
“Marvelous!” said Starfire.
 
The rest of the night whenever Alison and Robin brushed elbows or even looked at each other, they both blushed and immediately looked away. If anyone noticed they didn't say anything about it.
 
Since the kiss, Robin's brain had gone into overdrive. What if Starfire found out? What if his friends got mad at him? What if he could never have a normal conversation with Alison?
 
Was he in love with Alison?
 
He did think she was pretty cool. She was nice and all, but he couldn't be in love could he? He didn't really feel the same way around her than the way he felt about Starfire. Right?
 
In fact, the way he felt around Alison was the total opposite of how he felt around Starfire. Around Starfire he felt comfortable, totally safe, like he could say or do anything. Alison made him uncomfortable. Not jst because of the “incident” either. He didn't know what it was, he just felt lie he needed to be careful about what he said. He didn't honestly know her that well. That had to be part of it.
 
“This is so weird, but I love this song!” said Beast Boy as “Everytime We Touch” by Cascada came on
 
“It's good you admit that!” said Robin.
“Most guys never would. That's hot,” said Alison.
 
Robin felt a jolt in his chest. He almost groaned out loud. That couldn't be jealousy? No, it was only heartburn from that chili dog at lunch. It wasn't so much he was embarrassed about the kiss. It was that how did he not realize it was Alison.
 
Maybe it was really that he did realize it was Alison and that he kissed her because deep down he knew it was her. He'd never admit that to himself.
 
Then he started to wonder, what was going through her head. Was she still thinking about it? Did thinking about it give her the same butterfly feeling it gave him?
 
Later Alison and the titans were the last people at the Manor. It was 2:30 in the morning and as Raven would say, way past Beast Boy's bed time. Everyone was somewhere else. Cyborg and Raven were fixing up the car after a few of the jocks had egged it (Cyborg was furious). Beast Boy was in the bathroom on the other side of the house, Starfire was in the one closest to the ballroom, leaving Robin and Alison alone. By this point everyone but Robin had taken off their masks.
 
Why wasn't Alison saying anything? Why couldn't he think of something to say to her? How had anyone ever thought of something to say to someone else?
 
They were outside watching Raven and Cyborg clean the egg off the car.
 
“So, uh, great weather, huh?” said Robin. Don't blame him. If it'd been you would you have come up with something better?
 
“Yeah, I guess so,” said Alison.
 
“We're good to go!” said Cyborg. Both Beast Boy and Starfire came out of the front door.
 
“Bye Alison,” said Beast Boy.
 
“Bye,” said Alison, hugging him.
 
“You gonna be okay?” asked Cyborg.
 
“Yeah, I'm spending the night here,” said Alison.
 
“Alright, see ya.”
 
“Good Night.”