Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Who Said All was Fair in Love and War ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
Disclaimer: This is purely based on someone else's work. I own nothing but weird ideas.
 
Shadower
 
Raven and Cyborg were in the T-Car on their way to pick up Alison.
 
“I don't know what she'll do,” said Raven suddenly. She'd been worrying about it for hours. She thought for a second it might e easier to just forget Alison, but she knew that if she did that she'd never be able to sleep again.
 
“This'll be pretty awkward,” Cyborg agreed.
 
“I have to help her, Cyborg. It's been making me lose sleep for weeks. And now that I know what she can do I can't not help her because Slade's after her and with her under his power, who knows what he'll do,” said Raven. Cyborg nodded, not knowing what to say.
 
They pulled up in Alison's drive way. It was a pretty decent house. It was a two story house, with a large yard and a ton of steps to get to the house. All the houses down town were like that, it wasn't all that unusual. They finally got to the top and Raven took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. Alison answered.
 
“Hey guys,” she greeted.
 
“Ready?” asked Raven.
 
“Yeah,” said Alison, stepping out the door and shutting it behind her.
 
“Aren't you gonna say bye?” asked Cyborg.
 
“They aren't here now,” said Alison.
 
“You're home alone during the day?” asked Cyborg, leading them back to the T-car.
 
“Only during the summer,” said Alison, shrugging.
 
They got in the car and drove to the Tower in silence. Raven was going through what she was going to say. She was nervous as to how Alison would react not to mention that she couldn't figure out how to phrase it.
 
Before Raven knew it they were in the tower, everyone sitting on the couch, looking at her, waiting for her to say something.
 
“You're probably wondering why you're here,” Raven began lamely.
 
“Yeah,” said Alison.
 
“First, you have to promise not to freak or anything, and you have to let me explain completely before you flip out and run off,” said Raven.
 
“Uh, oh, sounds really bad,” said Alison.
 
“Just promise,” said Raven, rolling her eyes in exasperation.
 
“I promise,” said Alison.
 
“Okay, I don't really know how to say this; it isn't something you do every day. I guess I have to start from the beginning,” Raven started.
 
“Sounds good,” said Alison.
 
“It started a few weeks ago. I had a dream. It wasn't really a dream, it was a nightmare, about a girl. She was being chased by a man who wanted to kill her. No matter what I did, I couldn't help her. After that night, everything was different. I lost a lot of sleep. I couldn't come up with sarcastic things to say that I used to do effortlessly. I found myself doing things that I'd never do. First, I let someone other than myself in my room. One night I woke up screaming about three or four days after the dreams started. Robin knocked on my door and I let him in, like it was totally normal. The next day I told him everything about my dreams. I never tell people about my dreams,” said Raven.
 
“That's what was going on,” said Beast Boy, like he suddenly understood.
 
“Two days ago, I had a dream that the girl was being chased by Slade, and that was it for me. I couldn't take it. I had to find this girl and help her; I'd had too many bad experiences with Slade not to. Weirdly enough, without even trying, the very next day I saw the girl walking down the street on my way back here form that grocery store,” Raven continued.
 
“Me?” asked Alison.
 
“Yes. When I found out you knew who Slade was I knew I needed to get you out of that. Especially after I found out what you were,” Raven answered.
 
“What am I?” asked Alison, curiously.
 
“You're a Time Shadower. With practice you could go back in time, make things older, younger, anything. You're even immortal,” said Raven.
 
Alison stared at her like she was insane.
 
“The thing I'm scared about is that someone out there may try to take advantage of you, try to use you to hurt yourself or someone else. That's why I needed you to know about this,” said Raven.
 
Alison remembered her father, and Slade, and that one night, shivered, and looked down hoping no one noticed.
 
“You okay?” asked Robin.
 
“Yeah, why?” asked Alison.
 
“No reason,” he said.
 
“Anything else anyone has to add?” asked Raven.
 
“I don't think so,” said Cyborg.
 
“Be careful, my new friend,” said Starfire, giving Alison a bone crushing hug.
 
“In that case, we better get going,” said Raven.
 
“Can I come?” asked Beast Boy.
 
“Why?” asked Raven.
 
“Just because,” said Beast Boy.
 
“Just because why?” asked Raven.
 
“Because I'm feeling really cooped up,” said Beast Boy in a whiney voice.
 
“Fine,” groaned Raven. They got in the T-car and drove back to Alison's house, Beast Boy chattering abut any random thing.
 
“Dude, it's the mall! That's like the best place ever!” he exclaimed out of no where.
 
“Yeah, it is,” said Alison.
 
They pulled up in Alison's driveway. She got out of the car and was about to shut the door but she remembered something.
 
“Oh yeah, umm, it's sort of like short notice, but I was hoping you all could make it,” said Alison handing Raven a card.
 
“uhh,”
 
“Bye,” said Alison, walking up the steps.
 
“Bye,” said Beast Boy.
 
“What is it?” Cyborg asked.
 
“Look,” said Raven.
 
Masquerade Ball
 
When: 6:00 on July 7th
 
Where: The Jones Manor on 28th Place
 
Why: Alison Jones's birthday
 
“Wait,” said Cyborg.
 
“What?” asked Beast Boy
 
“She owns the Jones Manor on 28th?” asked Cyborg.
 
“I guess,” said Beast Boy.
 
“She's Gary Jones's daughter,” said Cyborg.
 
“Why should that matter?” asked Beast Boy.
 
“Gary Jones had appeared to have dies of old age about nine years ago,” said Raven.
 
“So?” asked Beast Boy.
 
“Everyone in Jump City knew he was only 29 because he was the richest man in the city” said Cyborg.
 
“Are you saying…” Beast Boy began.
 
“That Gary Jones was aged to death by his daughter,” Raven finished.
 
“Alison was only five at the time, which means either she was put up to it or it was an accident,” said Cyborg.
 
“So which was it?” asked Beast Boy.
 
“I'm not sure,” said Raven.
 
“Okay, this might sound stupid, but if Alison and her family own that Jones Manor, why wouldn't they live in it?” asked Beast Boy as they pulled up to the tower.
 
“The thing about 28th place is that it looks nice, but there's a ton of crime int that area. That's why we pass the Jones Manor so much,” said Cyborg.
 
“Oh,” said Beast Boy.
 
“Hey,” Robin greeted them as they walked into the living room.
 
“Hey, we actually might have plans tomorrow night,” said Raven, rolling her eyes.
 
“What?” asked Robin. Raven showed him the invitation.
 
“Wait…she owns the Jones Manor of 28th?” asked Robin “She Gary Jones's dau…”
 
“Dude, they already explained it,” said Beast Boy.
 
“Sorry,” said Robin.
 
“So, we goin' to a masquerade ball or what?” asked Cyborg.
 
“I guess so,” said Robin.
 
“Glorious! Raven, we must go to the mall of shopping to look for the perfect apparel,” exclaimed Starfire, dragging Raven out the door.
 
“Robin won't look any different at a masquerade because everyday it a masquerade for him,” said Beast Boy.
 
“I'll figure out a way,” said Robin.
 
“Sure you will, dude,” said Beast Boy.