Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Who Said All was Fair in Love and War ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two
 
Disclaimer: I don't own teen titans
 
Pizza
 
They were at the pizza place, and they were all silent. The girl hadn't even touched the pizza on her plate. She just stared out the window nearby. She looked slightly different that she had in the dream, but you could tell it was her. Her silky blonde hair cascaded down her back in the same waves, the same large green eyes. The difference was that now Raven was close enough to see the freckles, to see that the girl was much too thin, to see that she had the same dark circles under her eyes that Raven had.
 
She couldn't have been any older than Raven, who was fifteen. This girl was tiny, as in short and skinny. She wore a light green tank top and a pair of faded jeans. Everyone at the table was staring straight at her, but she didn't seem to notice. She just stared straight out the window, seeming almost like she wasn't breathing, just staring out at the busy street.
 
The pizza place they were at wasn't the normal place that they went to. Beast Boy had insisted on going somewhere different. This place had the same concept, but different decoration. It was dimly lit with posters of old singers and actresses on the walls, most of them autographed to a guy named George, who Raven assumed owned the place because it was called George's. From the windows you could see everyone in the downtown area, doing their shopping or working or whatever it was normal people did downtown.
 
“Sooo, dude, do you wanna tell us your name or what?” said Beast Boy, breaking the seemingly year long silence, and for once, Raven was glad he existed. Even though he had no idea what was going on, he played along.
 
“I'm Alison,” said the girl, finally turning to look at them. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and looked Beast Boy in the eye.
 
“Pleased to meet you,” said Beast Boy. She just smiled and slightly nodded.
 
“You know the team. Raven, Cyborg, Robin, Starfire, and me, Beast Boy,” he said.
 
“Of course, how could I not? I just have one question. What do you guys want from me? I mean, this is all really random.” asked Alison.
 
“Ask Raven,” said Cyborg, who still had no clue what was going on, jerking his thumb towards Raven
 
Alison looked at Raven questioningly. For a long moment, Raven wondered where to begin.
 
“Okay look, would you happen to know a Slade?” asked Raven. She decided to be straight forward with the question. She needed answers to help her finally sleep tonight.
 
“My dad did, when he was alive. He died when I was five,” said Alison, looking down.
 
“How?” asked Beast Boy. The others shot him a look tht said how could you be so rude.
 
“In an accident,” said the girl. At least, as far as she remembered, it was an accident.
 
“I'm sorry,” said Robin.
 
“Truly, we are,” said Starfire.
 
“How long has Slade been talking to you?” asked Raven, trying to change the subject.
 
“Slade's only been talking to me since I turned fourteen days ago. He walks up to me at random times, even broke into school, just to tell me about coming of age and destiny. It really creeps me out,” she explained.
 
Raven looked at Robin, who shrugged. How could he shrug at a time like this? When she needed him to SAY something…
 
“Is there any kind of weird thing you can do?” asked Raven.
 
“I can do a back hand spring and my toe's double jointed if that's what you mean,” said Alison almost laughing.
 
“No, I mean like, powers,” said Raven.
 
“Well,” said Alison, trailing off.
 
“What is it?” asked Raven.
 
“There is this one thing I can kind of do, but I don't really know how I do it,” she said.
 
“What is it?” asked Raven, repeating herself.
 
“Watch,” said the girl. She reached for one of the roses that hadn't quite bloomed yet in the vase ad simply touched it with her index finger. It began to bloom slowly, than quicker and quicker until it was as big as the others.
 
“Glorious!” exclaimed Starfire.
 
“Depends on how you look at it,” said Alison, sighing.
 
“What do you mean?” asked Robin.
 
“Sure my powers can make a flower bloom faster, but that just means that it'll die faster as well. Slade explained that to me. HE tried to convince me that my powers we're destined to be evil. He says when used on a person they could…” Alison trailed off in mid sentence.
 
“Kill,” Raven finished for her. She'd heard something, or read something about this before…
 
The girl nodded, looking as though she was going to cry.
 
“Who are you living with right now?” asked Robin.
 
“My mom and my uncle,” said Alison, blinking away the tears.
 
“Are you sure you're safe there?” asked Cyborg.
 
“I think so,” she said. Suddenly they heard a ringing sound. Alison reached into her pocket an pulled out her cell phone.
 
“Crap, it's her, I have to go,” said Alison.
 
“But you haven't even eaten,” whined Beast Boy.
 
“I really have to go, you can reach me at this number, almost anytime since it's the summer,” said Alison pulling out a pen and writing a phone number on a napkin and handing it to Robin because he was the closest.
 
“Where are you going?” he asked.
 
“Bye,” she said, running off.
 
“She seemed eager to leave,” said Cyborg.
 
“I'm still worried,” said Raven.
 
“Can someone PLEASE explain what just happened?” asked Beast Boy.
 
“I had a dream that Slade was after that girl. Later I saw her ad I just went for it and wouldn't you know it, he's after her,” said Raven.
 
“So that's the thig that you've been screaming about every night?” asked Cyborg.
 
“Pretty much,” said Raven.
 
“We probably need to head back,” said Robin
 
“I have a lot of research to do. I think I've seen that kind of power somewhere before.” said Raven just as the t-communicator started beeping.
 
“You go do your research, Raven, we'll get this,” said Robin “Titans go!”
 
Raven didn't even have time to say thank you. They all flew off too quick for her.
 
She got to her room and started going through her books like mad. She'd seen it before. It was still in her head, but which book had it been? She searched book after book, never finding it. Finally she picked up an old dusty book and turned to a random page. There it was: the Time Shadower.
 
“The Time Shadower is a rare case when a child is born on a specific day of the year, at a specific time, every million years. A case like this is so rare not much is known about the Time Shadower. What we do know is that they have to power to change time They can make something older of younger, they can see the past, see the future. They can go back in time, never forward, and they are immortal. Many people try to capture them a year after they turn fourteen because that's the time where they can be swayed one way or another, or be manipulated to work for a master. There have been cases where a Shadower does not have control over his or her powers and has actually killed someone…”
 
That was all Raven needed. So now she knew what Alison was and why Slade was after her. Now she had to figure out how to stop him.
 
Raven realized that she needed Robin because he had Alison's number. She bookmarked the page and went out to the living room to call Robin on the communicator just as he and the other titans smashed through the door. She screamed and got under the coffee table.
 
“Raven, you do not have to fear, it s your friends!” said Starfire, which scared Raven more because it sounded just like the horror movie she'd gone to see just the other day.
 
Raven straightened out her cloak and stood up. “I was just going to call you guys, I figured it out,” she said.
 
“Cool,” said Robin.
 
“SWEET,” said Cyborg and Beast Boy.
 
“ GLORIOUS!” cried Starfire.
 
“I kinda need to call her though, do you still have her number Robin?” asked Raven.
 
He nodded.
 
“Can I have it?” asked Raven.
 
“I don't know Raven, I was kind of hoping that maybe I could keep it,” said Robin.
 
“You have to be kidding,” said Raven, seeing the jealous look in Starfire's eye.
 
“Not really,” said Robin, getting out the napkin.
 
“She's too young for you dude,” said Beast Boy.
 
“Only by two years,” said Robin, giving Raven the napkin.
 
“Just tell her that you need to see her sometime tomorrow,” said Beast Boy.
 
“We don't want to overload her with information,” said Cyborg.
 
“Good idea,” said Raven, regretfully. She couldn't wait till this was over so she could be herself again.
 
She dialed the number and after three rings Alison picked up. “Hello?”
 
“Who is it?” asked a girl in the background.
 
“It must be that guy she met at Jason's end of the year party,” said another giggling.
 
“Which one?” asked the first, as both of them started giggling even harder.
 
“Shut up you two,” said Alison.
 
“Hey, Alison, it's Raven,” said Raven.
 
“Oh, hey, what's up?” asked Alison.
 
“Well, uh, the Titans and I need to talk to you tomorrow. It's important,” said Raven.
 
“Um, okay,” said Alison.
 
“Uh, we can pick you up and take you to the tower,” said Raven.
 
“Okay, my address is…” Alison began.
 
“Wait in need to get a pen and paper, said Raven, elbowing Beast Boy in the side.
 
“Okay shoot,” she said.
 
“2831, 4th street SE, Jump City,” said Alison.
 
“Okay then, see you tomorrow,” said Raven.
 
“Alright, bye,” said Alison.
 
“Bye,” said Raven, hanging up.