Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Dirty Blood ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Julia abuse just yet ;)

Dirty Blood

Chapter 2

by

Mako Thunderbird

Jin waited for the ambulance to come and pick up Michelle's body, before heading back to Japan to figure out a way to get Julia back.

"How..?" asked himself, guilt and sadness completely filling him, "I wasn't able to protect her...how do I expect to save her? First my mother, now Julia....why is it that I always curse the ones I love? Well....I won't let it happen again. Julia...I'm going to find you."

------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------

It was Twelve noon by the time his plane arrived in Tokyo, and Kazama was exhausted. He didn't care. Julia needed him. He was going to get her back.

"Oh...what do I know... just saying I willl won't make it happen.." he bowed his head again. He just couldn't get rid of the guilt that he wasn't there to save them...

Just there, he stopped dead in his tracks.

A banner, hang high above a usually vacant building, read in Japanese and American, read...

...The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5.

His hear skipped a beat, and, wasting no time, the young man began to run, run as fast as he could toward the building.

He reached for the door....and stopped. Wait...I'm not stupid...If I enter, then I'll be in more danger than I am. Heihachi'll get me for sure. Wait...Julia...this is my key to getting Julia! I see it now...they kidnapped Julia...to draw me in! It's the only way, I suppose...I have to get her outta there.

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

The room had a buffet, a few tables, and the entrance fee table, all run by a few of Heihachi's corps. He glared at them, that fire that was rage was still burning.

"Jin??! Is that you?" Startled, he turned around. In front of him was a pretty Chinese girl, about 20, with pigtails. She ran up and hugged him.

"Hey, Ling. How've you been?" he asked casually.

"I thought you'd NEVER ask! I've had a WONDERFUL life! Everything that's happened has been great!"

Jin sighed and closed his eyes again. Yep, she's still, bright, perky, lovable Ling Xiaoyu...

"Why...Jin? Whassa matter?" He looked back at her. " It's Julia..." he trailed off. "Ooooh, that's right! Didja tell her how ya felt?"

He sighed once more. "No...I never got the chance, actually."

Ling was about to ask why, but seeing the hurt in Jin's eyes, kept her mouth shut.

"Well...nice seeing you again Jin! I gotta go register now though." Jin waved and half-smiled as she ran to the registration table.

He looked around; plenty of familiar faces, along with a few new ones. He sat down at a table that was partly occupied with a face buried in the news, and a cup of tea on the table.

"Williams," Jin said, recognizing the person behind the paper.

"Kazama." Nina answered, eyes glued back to the paper. She picked up her cup and sipped her tea; not making any effort to start a conversation with him.

"So...you entering the tournament?"

It took her a few minutes to answer; she obviously wasn't feeling like a conversationalist. "No. I have a son, and I'd like to give him support." She pointed to Steve, who was signing at the registration table. "Ah." The youth replied.

Hmm....Nina's very observant, sneaky, and knows a lot....I also forgot that she was an assassin. Maybe...just maybe...she could help me...should I....Oh, what the hell, I have to get to Julia, and quick....and she's just the one to help.

"Nina....I'd like to ask a favor of you. A big one. I know we haven't been on the friendliest terms, and that we don't know each other that well, but..."

Silence. It was almost as if Nina was completely ignoring him. He continued anyway, he'd figured she was listening.

"I'd...like you to assassinate someone for me."

She put her paper down. "You'd 'like'? Try again, pal." She resumed her paper reading.

"(Whatever...) Alright, alright. I WANT you to assassinate someone for me. I have money, and lots of it. Trust me, no matter what you ask for, I'm wiling to pay, because the person I want dead

I can't hate enough, for how he's screwed up my life."

She set her paper down once more. "That's more like it...let me guess...Heihachi Mishima."

She saw the "how did you know?" look on the handsome youth's face. "Hey, I get around. Unfortunately, you're a little late, Kazama. I've retired. Not in that business anymore. I never seem to do it right. And to do that, I'd have to enter the tournament. Meaning that I may have to face my own son, which I would not want. My apologies." with that, she put her paper back up and went back to reading.

Great. Fabulous. I'll never get to her in time...say, wait a minute...

"Nina, I know you're retired.....my grandfather can wait. I NEED your help. I know that assassins have to be..."

..."furtive, sly, and sneaky?" Nina finished, " I think I can see where you're going...." she then cut Jin off for a moment in deep thought. "Hmm...I guess it wouldn't be too bad. Tell me, what exactly do you want me to do, Kazama?"

Jin thought out clearly. "I need you to..." Nina looked toward the Tekken force. "Let's step outside," she said.

"Alright. I need you to spy on the Zaibatsu, and help me win the tournament. IN other words, take out (without killing) anybody, as soon as I'm about to lose...please, I need your help."

Nina looked at him strangely. "So...you want me to help you cheat? Wow, such good sportsmanship.. ."

Jin sighed in agitation. "Look...Nina, call it what you want. I'm just trying to save the life of someone very dear to me. This damn Zaibatsu is a curse to my life. I just want it burned to the ground. But that can't wait...Nina, please...just this once..."

"Ohh...you're trying to rescue someone. Tell me, would this someone go by the name of Julia Chang?"

Jin widened his eyes in shock. "Okay...you've proven that you're just the right one for the job... please, Nina...."

Nina rolled her eyes. "Damn, you're persistent. Fine, fine whatever. I'm sure it'll be fun..."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you so much, Nina. I can't thank you enough...you don't know how much this means-" He was cut short. "Yes...yes, I do." "I'll pay you ANYTHING! please, tell me what you want!" Nina folded her arms. "Nothing. I like your persistency. And you seem to have faith in getting back your Julia." "Nothing?" "Nothing." Nina went back inside.

Julia, I'm coming...

Wow...y'know I was expecting that to be a lot better...0_o

Seems rushed, dontcha think? Ah, well. R+R please!