Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 ❯ Heihachi vs Jin: The World's Strongest ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seven days ago, Jin Kazama opened the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6, and the great city of Tokyo because host to street fights and arena brawls all across town. Forty different martial artists all across to globe came to this busy city to beat each other into submission for the chance of fame, fortune, and glory. For four days, the fighting went on with everything from friendly rivalries to heated blood feuds driving the martial artists.
 
The past two days have been off-days to help the two remaining fighters prepare for the final battle. The many sponsors of the tournament took the opportunity to use the momentum of the tournament to promote their products and merchandise. There were numerous events to keep the fans occupied as a much-needed sense of peace hung over Tokyo.
 
And now, on the seventh day, the peace would come to a close as the final battle of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 would take place on a fine evening within the Tokyo Dome. The massive crowd consisting of fans and competitors alike gathered within the arena to watch the two men who bested all of them duel to see who is the true King of the Iron Fist.
 
I have finally made it this far, Jin thought as he tightened his armguards while he waited for his audio cue. I have finally found my mother, and stopped those that wish to do her harm. All that remains now is that I make sure the Zaibatsu stays out of Heihachi's conniving grip…
 
However, Jin added as he looked around and saw the crowd, he saved my life yesterday…and I still don't know why…what is he scheming?
 
“Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the final battle of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6,” a middle-aged voice blared over the arena. “For the past six days, the Mishima Zaibatsu has brought you the best martial arts action possible…and now on the seventh day, it's finally come down to the final battle!
 
“He's been known as `the Fatal Lightning,' and was the champion of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 3. Coming from Japan at 22 years of age using traditional karate, he's the sponsor of today's tournament. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the one…the only…JIN KAZAMA!!!”
 
I've become so numb
I can feel you there
I've become so tired
So much more aware
I'm becoming this
All I want to do
Is be more like me
And be less like you…
 
Putting his doubts aside for the time being, Jin hid his disdain with a smile and waved to the crowd as he came down the runway in his white knit shirt and black sports pants that were etched with white flames. Taking on a more serious demeanor as he entered the ring and performed a small kata which received a mild ovation from the audience, Jin tightened his gloves once again and took a deep breath. His next opponent was certainly not one to be taken lightly…especially since he was Jin's own flesh and blood.
 
“He was the sponsor of the inaugural King of Iron Fist Tournament, the champion of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2, the sponsor of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 3, the champion AND sponsor of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4, and a finalist in the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5,” the announcer's voice boomed with excitement as familiar fireworks began to go off in the arena, “Coming from Japan at 76 years of age, using Mishima-ryu Karate, he's the man behind the fights, the original King of Iron Fists!” Lightning began to crackle across the body of the man at the end of the runway. “GIVE UP FOR….HEIHACHIIIIIIII MISHIMA!!!!”
 
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye
Of the tiger…
 
The original King of Iron Fists walked down the runway in his black gi with the face of a tiger on the back and red belt tied around his waist wearing blue metallic armguards and lead sandals. After Heihachi lost the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, he secluded himself and trained to such a degree like he had never undertaken before. Now he would see if his rigorous training that he had undergone for the past year had truly paid off. Kazuya will be released from the hospital tomorrow, Heihachi thought to himself as he waved to the crowd, that means I have one day to prepare myself in case the first thing he does is try to stab me in the back…
 
However…that all depends if I win, Heihachi frowned as he stepped into the ring. What am I saying!? I have trained hard for this day! If I doubt myself for an instant, then I will lose! I have underestimated my grandson before…I shall not do so again!
 
“This charade has gone on for long enough,” Jin said quietly as he watched Heihachi step into the ring. “You may have saved me yesterday, but I honestly doubt that you did that out of the goodness of your own heart…you're up to something.”
 
“Hmph…how very paranoid of you,” Heihachi crossed his arms as he eyed his grandson. “You are correct, I am up to something, but I'm not telling you a thing unless you fight me.”
 
“Do you think I'm afraid not to, fiend?” Jin slowly assumed a fighting stance as he issued his remark. “Consider yourself fortunate that Xiao still believes in you: for her sake, I'll try to avoid doing any permanent damage.”
“Very well, boy,” Heihachi uttered with a smirk as he uncrossed his arms to get into his own fighting stance while grated walls emerged around the two fighters. “Let's see what you're made of…”
 
Coming at Heihachi at a full run as soon as he heard the grated walls finish elevating with a metallic clang, Jin leapt into the air and attempted a leaping kick, but the elder man sidestepped out of the way and left Jin to his fate with the wall. Using quick thinking, Jin propelled himself off the wall in mid-air and crashed into Heihachi head-first while tackling him to the ground.
 
An impressive start, Heihachi thought as he kicked Jin off before the youth could land an additional attack, but it'll take more than that to defeat me!
 
Getting back up and dusting himself off, Heihachi resumed his fighting stance and caught Jin's oncoming punch. Pulling him closer and then flipping him over, Heihachi jumped high into the air and held Jin above his head, then slammed him into the ground head-first as they came down as they crackled with Heihachi's cerulean ki, the trademark aftereffects of the elder man's devastating Power Bomb.
 
Jin scrambled back onto his feet and caught his breath as Heihachi came chasing after him. Resuming a fighting stance, the young man parried his grandfather's punch and then countered with one of his own: his Omen Wind Hookfist to be precise. Heihachi quickly blocked the punch but began crackling with red lightning as a consequence of being hit with such an attack. However, Heihachi got into a Raijin Stance and began to sparkle with his own natural ki to counter the foreign energies. Watching Jin come after him, he smiled as he sent his grandson spiraling away with his Pulverizer Punch.
 
Crashing into the grated wall, Jin landed on the ground with a thud and initially had trouble regaining his footing. But as soon as he regained his senses, he instinctively ducked right under Heihachi's left hook and sent the man airborne with a Thrust Godfist and juggled the man in the air with a pair of jabs, and then sent him to the ground with an axe kick that propelled his descent.
 
Heihachi quickly rolled away just in time to avoid a downward punch and got back to his feet. He was not going to underestimate Jin like he did at the conclusion of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4 the year before. Heihachi knew full well that Jin was already an accomplished martial artist that surpassed that of his father. But I shall not falter, Heihachi muttered to himself as he kicked Jin away with a roundhouse kick, the fate of the Mishima Zaibatsu lies in my hands! Only I can lead it to victory; I, and no one else!
 
I can't let up for an instant; Jin thought as he stood back up and resumed his fighting stance. I cannot allow the Zaibatsu to fall back into his hands. I can't allow him to return to power and do as he pleases!
 
Charging his ki so that his fists began to glow, Jin resumed his assault on Heihachi with a flurry of punches and kicks. Heihachi had little trouble blocking the first few blows, but Jin surprised him at the end with a kick to the shin. Seeing Heihachi stagger slightly, Jin sent him spinning uncontrollably to the ground with a Wind Hook Fist, his fist shooting out blue sparks in its wake.
 
Landing on his hands, Heihachi flipped back onto his feet and sidestepped Jin's forward punch and wound up standing next to Jin. Taking advantage of that window of opportunity, Heihachi picked up his son by his hip with one hand and held him above his head. Holding him in the air for a second, Heihachi then slammed Jin on the ground with a loud thud and received a mild response from the crowd. Quickly continuing the assault before his grandson could get back up, Heihachi stomped on Jin's head with a Geta Stomp and elicited a yell of pain from the youth.
 
He's dominating this fight, Jin thought to himself as he rolled away just in time to avoid a second stomp. Sweeping Heihachi off his feet as he came back up, Jin backed away to catch his breath. He was nowhere near this strong when I last fought him…did training alone really give him that much power?
 
“Don't stop now, boy! My pulse hasn't raced this fast for some time,” Heihachi shouted as he got into a horse stance and charged his ki, “Don't tell me that's all you have!”
 
…he's mocking me, Jin clenched his fists as he straightened himself and let his anger boil. After everything he's done to me and after all of the hurt he's done to me… he has the gall to mock me…I'll shove that monster's taunts right back down his throat!
 
With his silent fury, Jin lashed out at Heihachi with a forward punch and which Heihachi dodged. Quickly changing the momentum in his outstretched arm, Jin hit Heihachi in the face with a backhanded swat. As the elder man took a few steps back, Jin got into his Power Stance and bombarded Heihachi with another series of punches and kicks. This time Heihachi blocked all of them, but just as he was going to counterattack, Jin ducked under Heihachi's roundhouse kick and punched him in the stomach. Not giving his grandfather a chance to breathe, Jin gave the elder man an axe kick to the head as he crumpled to the ground.
 
But just as Jin was going to pound him on the ground, Heihachi rolled to the side and picked the young man up by the neck. “Impressive…if you're fighting that redheaded punk that you call a rival!” Heihachi threw Jin into the grated wall as he continued his rant. “Now get back up and try again! Make me work hard for my Zaibatsu!”
 
“It's not your Zaibatsu yet, Heihachi,” Jin retorted as he got back up and rubbed the back of his head, “I'll be making sure that you won't be getting it back!”
 
It was a task far easier said than done. As soon as Jin tried to attack, Heihachi sent him airborne with a powerful Demon Uppercut and juggled him the air with a couple of jabs, a backhanded punch, and finally a jumping roundhouse kick that sent the youth spinning uncontrollably to the ground.
 
Why…why can't I defeat him this time? Jin began to despair as he scrambled back onto his feet. The thought of transforming crossed his mind for a brief instant, but that just filled him with even more despair. Oh no…what I am thinking? Relying on my awful power…could it be that I'm becoming what I hate most…could it be that I'm becoming…my father?!
 
An opening! Heihachi thought as he watched Jin hesitate and quickly got into a Raijin Stance. It's time to end this battle!
 
Once Jin realized that he was still in the middle of a fight, he looked up just in time to see Heihachi's fist connect with his face. As Jin crumpled to the ground, Heihachi knocked him in the air with another Demon Uppercut and sent him spiraling away with a forward palm thrust: his Iron Hand maneuver.
 
Jin struggled to get back up as he felt dizziness begin to overcome him. Quickly taking a sharp breath, Jin reared back his fist and began to crackle with his crimson lightning-like ki: the prologue to his ultimate attack. In response to Jin's preparation, Heihachi began to advance: slowly at first, but quickly evolving into a full-on run.
 
What is he doing? Is he trying to get defeated? Jin thought as he continued to crackle with red lightning. He's probably just trying to call my bluff…time to give him my reply! His fist now fully charged with his ki, Jin unleashed his ultimate attack, the Eighth Gate of Hell, just as Heihachi came in range…but to Jin's surprise, his enemy ducked under the punch practically simultaneous with when it was thrown…and Jin knew full well what Heihachi had just done, and what was coming. NO! I can't get out of the way!
 
“SHORYA!!”
 
Heihachi's Thunder Godfist sent Jin flying backwards so far and so high that the youth actually flew over the grated walls and landed outside of the ring with a sickening thud. Watching his grandson cease to move and listening to the announcer begin the count, Heihachi crossed his arms and waited…waited for the announcement of a well-earned victory.
 
“…and 10! Ladies and gentlemen, the champion has been decided! Heihachi Mishima wins his third King of Iron Fist title!”
 
Heihachi let out a roar of triumph as he lifted his hand and brought it down in a chopping motion. He hadn't made a complete run through the tournament since the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2, and he had almost forgotten the thrill of crushing opponent after opponent only to finally take the title in the end. As he got a hold of himself, the grated walls lowered and Jin Kazama re-entered the ring with Ling Xiaoyu at his side helping him onto the stage.
 
“…I am a man of my word,” Jin said with his breath haggard as he nodded to Xiaoyu while she stepped out of the ring. “…you won fair and square. The Zaibatsu is yours. Now tell me your plan!”
 
“Hmph…I suppose you deserve a bone for such a decent performance,” Heihachi crossed his arms as he watch Jin clutch his chest and the youth caught his breath. “Here's my plan: I want G-Corporation crushed. You know full well the threat they pose to us. Sorel's little escapade throughout the tournament is proof, not to mention there have been rumors that they succeeded in reviving Toshin for a short period of time. To be blunt, I think they should be wiped off the face of the earth…and I don't care WHO wants on the action!”
 
“…are you suggesting an alliance?” Jin raised an eyebrow as he straightened himself. “That's a real laugh. What guarantee do I have that you won't stab me in the back when everything's said and done?”
 
A smirk crept upon Heihachi's lips as he listened to Jin's paranoid accusations. “You don't have any guarantee. You'll just have to trust me…but tell me something, Jin: what would your mother do if she were offered this?”
 
“…grrr…she would leap at the chance…because it would mean that the Mishimas would finally be united,” Jin growled under his breath as he said that. As much as he hated to admit it, this was Heihachi's subtle idea of a truce. He knew that his mother once tried to break up the Mishima feud, and an alliance would certainly be a step in the right direction. He may have hated Heihachi, but Jin would do anything to respect his mother's wishes, especially in her current time of need.
 
“…think about that for a while,” Heihachi said as he stepped out of the ring to speak to the many reporters that waited to interview him on his victory. “I'll be awaiting your answer when I officially take back the Mishima Zaibatsu…”
 
Turning around once he saw Heihachi step out of the ring, Jin walked back down the stairs where Ling Xiaoyu awaited him. “Jin! What did he say?” The teenage girl asked with excitement.
 
“…he asked me to join him…he wants me to help him with the company,” the youth replied quietly, still trying to sink in what Heihachi had said to him. Jin didn't want to tell Xiaoyu just yet that the main reason he was considering it was because of his personal vendetta with G-Corporation, but he didn't want to lie to her either.
 
“Jin, that's great,” the girl flung her arms around Jin. “It's good to see that you two are finally working together again! It's just like old times!”
 
Jin slowly returned the embrace as said with a whisper, “…I suppose…as long as you're with me…it'll indeed be just like old times…” But I can't help but shake the feeling that this alliance is going to be shaky, Jin thought to himself as he and Xiaoyu let go of each other and the girl handed him a water bottle. But he's right about one thing: G-Corporation must fall! For what they did to my mother…I shall drive them to the ground!
 
--------------
Jean sat quietly in his office at the Tokyo branch of G-Corporation as he watched the television. He was still coming to terms with what happened to him the day before. His skin had now lost its pigment, and his eyes shone with a wicked red light. At first he blamed his condition on Kazuya, but upon further research, Jean came to the realization that his condition was actually the result of his hereditary madness that had haunted his family for centuries. That's why Jean never went to a doctor about it: the madness wasn't completely genetic, but in truth it was supernatural in origin.
 
Now he couldn't even see his dearest Jane. Any time he was near someone, he could feel a powerful bloodlust that just screamed to bleed anyone he saw dry as a bone. It took all of his willpower not to be overcome by it when she tried to comfort him. "I'll need to be by myself for a while," he told her with a hint of sorrow. "I shall be in touch, Jane. I promise you that I won't let any harm come to you."
 
But I will use this to my advantage, Jean thought as the television displayed Heihachi Mishima defeating Jin Kazama. Now I have a supernatural curse flowing in my veins, just as Kazuya or Jin have power flowing in theirs. Surely the President will at least give me kudos for proving that the Devil Gene does indeed have a weakness…he does have a fetish for the supernatural, after all…
 
Furthermore, Jean began twiddling his fingers in his train of thought, we can now begin our all-out assault on the Mishima Zaibatsu, now that a new leader has been determined. We stripped Heihachi of his empire once, and shall do it again…permanently!
 
“Excuse me, Mr. Sorel,” a young woman's voice buzzed over the loudspeaker in Jean's office. “Someone is here to see you.”
 
“…Ms. Yagi, I specifically requested that I was not to be disturbed unless it was an emergency,” Jean said with a cold tone of voice as he spoke into the intercom on his desk. “Who is it and what is his business?”
 
“He calls himself `Bryan Fury.' He claims that he wants to seek employment with you as a mercenary in exchange for assistance on hunting down someone named `Yoshimitsu' as well as a rather large sum of money.”
 
“...very well, send him up here.” Jean said with a cruel grin. Bryan Fury was a cyborg with a near-infinite supply of physical strength. He might not have been as brutishly strong as Jack, but he was far more cunning. Also, he was a former Interpol detective in his past life and quite possibly still had ties to their intel. Bryan would certainly be a most valuable ally, and Jean could certainly get used to his insane demeanor.
 
Little by little, the players gather, Jean thought to himself as he waited for his guest to enter his office. You better prepare for the oncoming storm, Kazuya…because I promise you that next time…I shall rock you like a hurricane! You…and all of your blood kin!