Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The legendary ❯ Chapter: 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The legendary


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: This is my first attempt at writing anything. I'm completely new to this, so please keep that in mind as you read. My story takes place after the events of Dbz and reflects my views on how the story should of progressed. Well, I hope you enjoy the story!!


Chapter: One


<><><><><><><><> ;


Jenna, one of the emperor's most powerful and trusted servants sat in her room contemplating her thoughts of late, and a problem she faced. Her thoughts were being consumed by one person. This person was the emperor she so faithfully served. She served him usually without question obeying every command and carrying out missions with ruthless precision. The problem she had now wasn't any sort of difficulty in obeying a command, instead Jenna found herself in love with the man she serves so faithfully.


< There was a time after he took over and enslaved us that I hated him. I wanted nothing else but to see him dead. Until the night ... I tried to kill him. It was an incredibly stupid act but i thought while he's sleeping his guard would be low enough for a strike against him to be effective. >


<><><><>Flashback<><><><& gt;


< I can't believe I got pass the guards. Usually when he's sleeping no one is allowed to see him. I guess they let me through because I'm his personal slave and that he must of called for me.>


As she made her way to his bed Jenna took out a knife made out of the hardest metal she knew tungstenian. Finally reaching her destination Jenna tried to gather the courage needed to carry out what she had to do. Slowly she raised the blade, while looking carefully for any sign of movement by him.


As Jenna raised the knife she energized it with a little bit of her own power to make it stronger and sharper. <Patamowos, please guide my hand > As she drove the knife down a hand caught her wrist while a pair of piercing eyes looked at her.


" What are you doing? "


Terrified beyond belief Jenna gazed down at the man looking at her. She tried her best to struggle but his grip was unbreakable totally unlike anything she's ever felt before. She wanted to throw an energy blast in an attempt to free herself but found that she couldn't move anymore.


" Wh ... why can't I move .. What did you do to me? "


" Just something to ensure that you don't hurt yourself "


The realization that her plan had failed miserably dawned on her, she had no idea what to do now.


" Like I asked before what are you doing? "


Seeing the fear on her face and the inability she had in answering his question he just gave her a cocky smirk. " So ... you want to kill me is that it? "


Jenna finally summoning up the courage answered him. " Yes, for enslaving us! "


" Foolish girl, don't you think enslave is too strong of a word. The majority of them joined me of there own free will. "


" Yes, they were corrupted by your promises of power! "


" Didn't I deliver on my promise? Vimoche Prime is now the most powerful planet in this universe. Would you prefer it to be like before I came?"


At this statement Jenna recoiled slightly. " Did you like it when other races came and pillaged from you? "


" ... "


" Well? ..."


" No ..."


" Then instead of fighting me why not join me? You have great potential. Join me and I'll show you what true power is. "


" I seek what's best for the people not power! "


" Fine, help me do what's best for them. Become strong so you can protect them. If I were to kill you now what good can you do for them?


" .... "


<><><><>End Flashback<><><><>


< After that incident I began to soften towards him. Once I saw what he was trying to accomplish, his way of doing things seemed more and more right. I was also surprised that he didn't punish me for trying to kill him. Even more surprising the guards who let me through were left unpunished as well. It's almost like he knew I was coming ... >


< Throughout my life I've prayed for the perfect mate. But Why him of all people? ... Why couldn't I fall in love with someone else? ... I don't even know if he even wants a mate. If he were to reject me, I would be devastated ...>

As she sat pondering her thoughts a knock came at the door.


" Yes ... "


" It is Seto my lady. "


" Come in ... "


Seto entered Jenna's room and bowed respectfully. " Mistress ..." he said in a gruff voice.


" Yes Seto ... "


" Mistress... the emperor requests your presence. " Stated the guard.


" I shall be there shortly. "


" Yes, mistress. " As he turned to leave he noticed the distressed look on her face.


" Is everything all right mistress? ... " Giving her a worried look.


" Yes ... everythings fine" Giving him the best false smile she could.


" You may leave ..."


" Mist.. Jenna.... "


" Yes ... "


" Your not very good at lying. I know you're no longer that little girl who I trained and watched grow up. You've grown into a wonderful young lady, and I'm very proud of you. Even though you do take after your mother and are quite stubborn at times. I know you would prefer to deal with whatever's bothering you on your own, but.... if there's anyway I can help please tell me."


Giving him a warm, gentle smile Jenna responded. " Thankyou ... I will be fine ... please go... I need to make myself presentable for him"


Seto was debating whether or not to push the issue further, but instead decided to leave it be. As he resigned even if he did push the issue further, she obliviously wasn't in the mood to talk about whatever is bothering her.


"As you wish mistress. "


As Jenna readied herself to face the emperor. She began to think of a way to deal with her situation.


< Maybe the best thing to do is to just tell him ...>


The thought of confronting him with how she felt eased her somewhat, but the fear that he might reject her still lingered in her mind.


< Also what would my people think of me knowing that I'm in love with the man whom many think enslaved them. >


" Enslave ..." Jenna then began to wonder what her people's plight truly was.


< Did he really enslave us? ...We do rule hundreds of worlds thanks to his power. He is right Vimoche prime is now the the most powerful planet in the universe. But did our new stature come at too high a cost? >


< Many love him, they see that he's bought them fame and power. But as some love him just as many hate him. They hate being ruled by an off worlder. I've even heard rumors of some sort of rebel alliance seeking to overthrow him. >


" So if I were ever to become his mate , then some will love me and others will call me a traitor. " She said glumly to herself.


< There seems to be no easy way out of my predicament, maybe after I see him I'll have a better understanding of what to do. >


As she finished preparing herself and was about to leave her room Jenna glanced upon a shiny object on her dresser. Deciding to see what the object was. She drew closer to it and realized it was a ring her mother gave her when she was younger. She smiled softly thinking of her mother and the conversation they had at the time concerning this ring.


<><><><>Flashback<><><><& gt;


" Mother what is this ring for? "


" Jen honey, I want you to give this ring to whomever you fall in love with and chose as your husband."


" Why mother?..."


" Read what is written on it dear. " As Jenna examined the ring further she came across some writing.


' Too be as one ... "


" What does that mean mother? " Giving her mother a perplexed look


" Well dear, it means to treat your mate with honor, respect, and love. To be completely unselfish, giving of ones self totally to the other person. To no longer act as two separate people with different lives but instead to act as one unit. To make it simpler, to treat that person like their part of your own body"


" Do you understand? "


" I think so mother ... "


" Don't worry if you don't understand it fully now in time you will. When your older and it's time for you to have a mate, give this ring to the person whom you feel can treat you the way the words on it describe. "


<><><><>End Flashback<><><><>


< Mother ...how I wish you were here to give me guidance. Maybe I should go and see her, she always complains that I hardly come and visit anyway. I can appease her and get advice for my dilemma. >


Deciding that she had found an adequate solution to her problem, Jenna quickly left her room and made her way to see the emperor. Even though Jenna has the most favorable standing of anyone in the kingdom, she knew better than to keep the emperor waiting.


<><><><><><><><>


A/N: Well that didn't go so bad for a first attempt, hopefully I will get better as I go along.