Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The legendary ❯ Chapter: 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Legendary


" rrrr " Speech

< rrrr > Thoughts

<< rrrr >> Inward voice

<> rrrr <> Telepathy


A/N: I originally posted these chapters back in 2001. Only now have I gotten around to tweaking them slightly. I plan on continuing this story, but right now I'm focused on finishing my other story " The Price of Power" But after or during the finishing process I will come back to this and complete it. :)


Chapter: Three


<><><><>


" Well? .. "


" Uh, what do you mean my lord? " Replied a very nervous Jenna as she decided to play dumb to his question.


" You know what happens when people try to play dumb with me Jenna ... Now what is it that you have to tell me? " He said in a low but commanding tone.


Knowing his 'persuasive'methods and how horrible they could be, Jenna frantically searched her mind for something to say.


" I .. I just wanted to say that Daz will be healed soon. His injuries weren't that severe and should be healed in a few hours. "


" Good ... and what else? ... "


" And what my lord? " She said nervously.


Sensing her fear the Emperor gazed upon her like a predator to its prey. " Jenna ... do not make me force you. "


Becoming even more nervous and scared Jenna drew a blank on how to respond, and began to shake lightly with fear. Upon seeing this the Emperor gave a small chuckle at the site before him.


<><><><>


<< Will you leave her alone. You already know what she was really talking about. >>


< Why are you always Mr. Goody Goody? Plus this is fun, you always tell me I need to loosen up. >


<< I didn't mean by terrorizing someone, and Jenna of all people. You know she loves you so why do this? >>


< Love, I say it's more of a crush. And besides I'm not just doing this for the fun of tormenting someone. I want to see how much mental toughness she has. >


<< I know ... but please just be a little more kind to her.>>


< As I told you with Daz, I will train her as I see fit! >


<><><><>


" My lord, I believe Mistress just wanted to express her concern's with the Lathuchian ambassadors invitation. We believe it may be a trap to try and assassinate you. " Stated Seto, who after addressing the Emperor gave a quick look and wink to Jenna.


Realizing what Seto just did for her Jenna let out an inward sigh of relief and began to relax her trembling body.


Turning his attention back towards Jenna, the Emperor fixed his penetrating gaze upon her again to see if she would back up Seto's statement.


" Well, is that true Jenna? " He said flatly.


Composing herself as quickly as possible, Jenna replied to his question. " Yes my lord, they are treacherous creatures and wouldn't hesitate to kill you if the opportunity arose. We believe it would be best advisable not to except the invitation. If something were to happen to you ... I wou- I mean the Empire would be in complete ruin." She stated with a tinged of emotion in her words.


Smirking he responded. " You care so much about my safety Jenna ... Three years ago you wanted my head, but now you fear my death. How you have changed ... " The Emperor Said as he gave a small chuckle.


" Yes sire, I was foolish back then, but now that naive child is no more. I serve you whole heartily and have forever pledged my life to you. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you .... I ... I would even give up my own life for yours ... "


Taken a bit by surprise the Emperor was for the first time at a momentarily loss for words.


<< See ... I told you it was more then just a crush. >>


< Shut up!! I don't have time for love nor do I require it. >


<< That's nonsense, this could be our chance to make up for the mistakes with ... -- >>


< I said shut up!! I am a warrior ... I live to conquer and for the joys of battle and blood!! Nothing more do I desire. And if you keep rambling I will eradicate you from my mind!! >


<><><><>


Focusing his attention back towards Jenna the Emperor responded to her speech. " Well ... " he said with a slight smile.


" I'm glad to see your so loyal and your concerns are quite understandable. But I've chosen to accept the invitation. "


" What?! " Jenna, Seto, and Daz said in unison.


Daz who had remained silent during his sisters 'torment' decided to speak on what he just heard.


" But, My lord why? They will certainly try to kill you on site or plan some sort of trap. Why take the risk? "


" I agree with Daz sire. They will certainly try to kill you. " Stated Seto.


" Why my lord ... why? ... " Jenna said more to herself then to the Emperor.


Giving a small chuckle he responded to there statements. " Have you all lost faith in my power? What happened to the fear you had of my power destroying this world? "


All three gave a dumbfounded look that he knew of there conversation. " I have far more power then you can imagine. I am the most powerful mortal being the God you call Patamowos ever created. I have no equal in this Universe or any other. For I have been made power itself ..." He started to laugh in a maniacal manor which induced fear from his three listeners.


All Jenna, Daz, and Seto could do was continue to stare with shock and amazement of what they just heard. " And frankly if they try to betray me ... I will bring their world to ruin ... " As he said those words his eyes began to glow a golden color and the room began to become wavy and distorted with just the share presence of his power.


Jenna stood speechless of the share amount of power he was emitting. It was unlike anything she had ever felt before, It completely dwarfed her and Daz's power.


Once he reassured them of his power the Emperor proclaimed to both Jenna and Daz that they will be accompanying him to Lathuche. The two considered trying to argue with him further but each realized that once he made up his mind that it was useless and very dangerous opposing him any further.


<><><><>


Jenna, decided to pay a visit to her mother to get some advice on her situation and to see her one last time just incase she didn't come back from Lathuche. As she walked along the streets of her old village, she admired how beautiful and peaceful it still looked. Even with the turmoil and semi civil war that broke out when the Emperor took over.


Many people smiled and greeted her as she passed by. But there were a few that gave a look of disgust that the young sweet woman they once knew was now working for the person who they most despised.


" Vile whore why don't you go back to your master! " One of them had the courage to yell. Jenna stopped and gave the middle aged woman a deadly stare.


" What did you just call me? "


Ignoring the question and stepping closer to Jenna the woman continued her outburst. " You and your master killed my husband!! " Shouted the woman as she shook with anger.


Giving the woman a confused look Jenna replied to her statement. " What are you talking about? ... I've never seen you before and I certainly haven't killed any of my own people. "


" Liar!! " The now hysterical woman replied. " You and everyone that supports that monster is responsible for my husbands death! "


Jenna noticed a crowd was beginning to gather around her and the woman so she quickly tried to defuse the situation. " Your husband must of died during the time of turmoil ... am I correct? "


" Yes!! "


" I'm sorry about your loss ... I know what it feel's like to lose someone you lo ... -- "


" You know nothing you ... you!! Why don't you go back to your lover and leave this town in peace!! " Yelled the woman as she picked up a stone and through it with all her might at Jenna, who erected a shield which disintegrated the stone on impact.


Many people in the crowd tried to hold the woman back and reason with her. But in the state she was in their pleas fell on death ears. Jenna seeing the woman was beyond reason tried to continue on her way not wanting to get into an altercation.


The woman though had different plans. Seeing that Jenna was trying to leave she became even more infuriated. " Where do you think your going?! I'm not through with you yet! "


Amazingly she broke free of the crowd and ran towards Jenna. Maybe it was the stress she was feeling recently or maybe all the purging of planets had taken it's toll on her more then she thought. Which ever was the case something inside her snapped as she saw the woman charging.


" Stop! Unless you wish to join your husband! " Jenna threatened as she formed an energy ball and raised it towards the woman's head. The woman stop immediately frozen with shock and fear.


Smirking at the woman's sudden lack of courage Jenna began to mock her cowardliness . " What happened to all that talk from before? Don't you want to be reunited with your husband? "


The woman could say nothing as her body was too paralyzed with fear to even utter the smallest statement.


" Ha! Now were speechless are we? " Jenna then extinguished the energy ball and back slapped the woman, which in turn left her partially dazed on the floor.


" If you ever and I mean ever! Talk that way to me again you'll find out why I'm known as the white death ... " With that statement Jenna left and continued on her way leaving a stunned crowd and a terrified woman, who still was too gripped with fear to move.


<><><><>


" Oh mom, I just wanted to blast her head off!! " Jenna said angrily.


" Calm down dear ... doing that wouldn't of helped any. You would of just justified her statements. "


Seeing her mother was right Jenna began to calm down a bit. " Your right, it would of just made things worse. " Not wanting to continue the current conversation Jenna decided to turn the topic to her original reason for being there.


" Mother ... I need to tell you something ... "


" Sure dear what is it? "


" I ... I think I may of found him ..." She said with a somber tone.


Giving a confused look, Jenna's mom wondered what her daughter was talking about until she remembered the ring. " Praise Patamowos! I was beginning to think that I would never get any grandchildren. "


" Calm down mother, I said I MAY of found him. There's still some issue's that have to be sorted out. "


" Like? "


" Well ... I still haven't told him how I feel. " She said with a shamed look.


" Jenna if you haven't told him how you feel. How do you know he's the one? "


Giving a slight sigh Jenna proceeded to answer her mother. " It's hard to explain mom ... every time I'm near him I just feel strange."


"Jenna, being in love and finding someone attractive are two comple ... -- "


" I know mother, I'm sorry to interrupt you but this isn't some innocent crush ... I love this man ... I can't stop thinking about him, all I want, all I desire is him."


" Jenna, I don't understand why then you have trouble telling him. If you feel so strongly for him then there shouldn't be much of a problem."


Giving a dejected look Jenna answered her mothers question." It's just that I shouldn't be in love with him ..."


" Wha- What? Dear your not making any sense. What do you mean you shouldn't be in love with him? Who is he Jenna? ... "


Closing her eye's and taking a deep breath Jenna tried to prepare herself too respond to her mother's questions. " Okay mom promise me you won't be to upset."


" Why would I be upset ... -- " Saron's eye's grew double their size as understanding dawned on her.


" You mean it's really him?! ... "


" How did you know? " Asked a shocked Jenna.


" I really thought it was just a dream ... " Saron said with a distant look in her eyes.


" What are you talking about mom? Thought what was a dream? ... "


Saron looked into her daughters eyes and pondered whether or not to reveal to her the vision she had so many years ago. " Please mom ... if it has something to do with my dilemma then please tell me."


" When you and that no good brother of yours who barely comes and see his poor mother any more." Saron said with slight anger.


" Were five and being trained by your father and Seto. I was gazing at you four while preparing a meal in the house for when you all were finished. When suddenly I felt dizzy and everything became distorted and I blacked out. While unconscious I had a very disturbing dream. In it I saw your brother the way he looks now surrounded by dead bodies and flames all around him. The sick look of enjoyment on his face of what was around him was frighting. But the most disturbing thing was this black shadow towering over him. Looking like it was some how in control of your brothers actions. "


" Then all of a sudden the scene changed drastically. I found myself in a beautiful garden akin to the first garden in the book of truth. I gazed in awe at the beauty and perfection before me. As I was trying to absorb the magnificence of it all. A beautiful women suddenly appeared walking through the garden. Back then I didn't know who she was but now I realize she was you Jenna ... "


" Really?! " She asked shocked.


" What was I doing in there? "


" At first you were just walking aimlessly, but then the same shadow that was over your brother was towering over you. Except this time there was a person to go with the shadow. He was wearing a black cloak and his face was covered in shadows. You became ecstatic once he came into view and ran up to him embracing him tightly. "


" And what happened next? " She asked excitedly.


" Well, once he pried you from the embrace , I saw him lean closer and whisper something to you. I couldn't make out what was said but then you screamed of course I'll be your queen and kissed him passionately."


All Jenna could do was stare in complete shock. " What happened after that? ..."


" Nothing, the vision ended after that. I woke up to the sound of your father calling me from the training ground asking if the meal was ready."


" Did you tell him what happened? "


" Yes, I told him later that night. He thought it would be best if I went and consulted the Keeper of the Most High's Temple."


" What did you learn? ... "


" I'm getting to that dear. Well, I told him my vision and he wasn't surprised by it. To say I was shocked is an understatement." Saron lightly chuckled as she spoke.


" He then asked me if I remembered the prophecy of the chosen one of Patamowos? The mortal that shall disgrace those who falsely call themselves gods. "


" Sorry to interrupt mom, but are you saying that you believe the Emperor is the chosen one?"


" Well, I believe he might be. The Keeper believed the cloak figure was the chosen one. And frankly, the only person that fits what I saw in the vision is him. After all why would yourself and Daz be in it if he weren't? "


" Hmm, I see your point. But, his highness isn't the most 'friendly' person. I always believed the chosen one would be ... -- "


" Less of a beast, dear? ... "


" Yeah ..." Jenna said with a slight smile.


" Well, the scriptures has no mention as to what kind of man he will be, other then he will possess great power and love battle. So I guess it's not at all impossible that the Emperor is him. " Stated Saron.


" I see .... Did he say anything about the part where we were kissing? "


All Saron could do was smile at her daughter's question. " Yes dear. He believed that the woman in the vision could be his bride. But he wasn't entirely sure .... He reminded me of the passage that says; pleasing to the eye he will be. Many shall try to win him, but who can win the heart of a lion? "


" Wow ... so there might be competition ... a lot of women send him gifts and many after being granted an audience, ' offer ' to say it nicely, themselves to him. It's actually quite shameful at times. He laughs at many and warns some to never come before him again. I never gave the idea of someone besides myself winning him since he's rejected all. But now ... I'm beginning to wonder if someone else will come into the picture." She said a bit dejected.


" Have hope and don't give into your fears dear. If it is the will of Patamowos then you two will be together."


" I know mom, I know ... "


<><><><>


Inside his personal training room the Emperor was finishing up some last minute training before leaving for Lathuche. He decided to train in five thousand times earth's gravity. (A/N: Meaning he weighed 1,075,000 lbs.)


<> Prepare yourself well my child, for it is time to fulfill your destiny.<>


Recognizing the voice the Emperor knelt respectfully. " Yes my GOD, I shall punish those who have offended you. Nothing will stop me ... for all who try will fall before my hand." He said with a grin.


<> Excellent, but be careful to guard yourself. The power I have endowed you with since birth, may consume you with madness if you lose your grip on it. Guard yourself well my child for creation itself may suffer if that day happens.<>


" Yes my GOD, I shall guard myself against the madness. "


<> Shame those who have blasphemed against me. They shall now and forever learn there is but one GOD. <>


" Yes my Lord... I Kakarotto greatest of all warriors shall not fail."


<><><><><><><><>


A/N: Thanks for reading :) yup the Emperor is Goku. How did he end up on a different planet ruling a kingdom? How does the Tenchi Universe fit into all of this? Well, continue to read and find out :)