Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ Evil Cliffhanger ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these shows!!

Anime Park

Chapter 4: Evil Cliffhanger

They walked along in silence. InuYasha's thoughts were on what had occurred the night before. He had a few questions that he wanted to ask Kagome, but he didn't want to do it in front of everyone. He figured that if he could be alone with her, then he would kiss her properly. He also wanted to make another one of his burning desires known. He glanced back at Kagome and noticed that she was deep in thought. He returned his gaze to the woods ahead.

Once again, InuYasha hadn't spoken to her all day. Kagome walked along in a mixture of amazement and confusion. She was amazed that InuYasha had put her head in his lap, but confused as to his behavior. "If I could find a way to get him alone so that I can talk with him, maybe I'd kiss him the way I want to," she thought. She glanced at InuYasha and noticed him looking at her. She blushed and quickly looked away.

The sun slowly slipped behind the distant clouds. Shippo was in Kagome's lap. Kagome held onto him as she stood up and walked over to her backpack. "Shippo," Kagome whispered, "I need to talk with InuYasha alone. I'll give you a treat if you let me do this."

Shippo looked into Kagome's eyes. "I guess. Besides he'll kill me if I interrupt."

"That's true." Kagome searched through her backpack, took out a bag of candy, and handed it to Shippo. Shippo grabbed it, hopped out of her arms, and bounced over to Sango. Kagome stood up and went to the tree that InuYasha was occupying. She glanced up at him.

"Uh….. Um….. InuYasha?"

InuYasha shifted against the tree. "What?"

"Uh…… I would like to talk with you."

"Go ahead, I'm listening."

"No, I mean somewhere more private."

InuYasha glanced down at her with a surprised look. In an instant he was on the ground. He slung Kagome over his shoulder, turning toward Miroku and Sango. "We'll be back. Don't wait up." With that InuYasha turned back around and ran into the woods.

"InuYasha put me down." Kagome tried to wiggle out of InuYasha's grip, but it was no use. She sighed in defeat and settled in for the ride.

InuYasha stopped running and gently set Kagome down. "You wanted us to be alone. Don't be mad at me."

"You didn't have to pick me up like a rag doll."

"Sorry," InuYasha said sarcastically. "Now, what did you want to talk to me about?"

Kagome blushed and turned her attention to the ground. "First, I would like to know why you put my head in your lap the other night."

InuYasha grimaced. "Um….. Uh….. You see….."

Kagome glanced at him. "You can tell me. I won't get mad."

InuYasha looked at the ground. "I wanted to see what it felt like to hold you, but I didn't want you sitting me. So I settled for putting your head in my lap." He braced himself for the sit he just knew she'd shout.

Kagome looked at the ground; a blush stained her cheeks. "InuYasha, you can hold me whenever you want to."

"Wait, you're not going to sit me and call me a pervert?" InuYasha asked while looking at her, a bright blush on his cheeks.

Kagome glanced into his eyes. "Why should I? If you come over here and grab my rear end, I just might."

"Well…..," InuYasha looked at the ground, "I wasn't going to do that without your permission. Uh….. What else did you want to talk to me about?"

"I was wondering whether you were mad at me. You hardly talk to me any more. Did I do something wrong?"

"Huh?" He returned his attention to her. "I'm not mad at you. I've just been thinking a lot lately. Actually there are a few things that I've wanted to tell you."

"Really? Like what?"

"Um…..," he closed the distance between them. When he reached her, he looked deep into her eyes. He pulled his head closer to hers. She didn't budge. He placed his lips on hers and gave her a soft kiss. He pulled back. "First of all, don't kiss me like that when you think I'm asleep."

Kagome stared at him. "Uh….." Before she could finish he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her body close to his. He pressed his lips to hers. After a few shocking seconds, she leaned into his kiss, opening her mouth slightly. He pushed his tongue into her mouth and let it slide over her teeth. His tongue met hers. A soft rumble started in his chest. Afraid of her reaction he broke the kiss. "Kiss me like that!"

"I'm sorry InuYasha. I thought you were asleep, but I should have known better."

"You forget that my hearing is better than yours. Don't worry about it though, I liked it."

She wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled her head against his chest. "What else did you want to tell me?"

"Uh….. you may want to stand away from me when I ask you this."

She looked up at his face. "Why?"

"Because if you sit me, I don't want to fall on top of you."

"Oh, its that bad huh?" Kagome took her arms from around him and walked over to a nearby tree. She sat down. "Ok, what is it?"

He turned around, afraid to look at her. "InuYasha, please turn around. It can't be that bad," Kagome pleaded.

He turned back around but refused to meet her gaze. "There is this question that I've been wanting to ask you long before you kissed me for the first time. If you think I'm being too forward then tell me, but please don't be mad with me."

"InuYasha, no matter what you ask me, I could never be mad at you. Please ask me."

"Ok….. Will you be my mate?" InuYasha blurted out and braced himself to hit the ground.