Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ Another Cliffhanger ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these shows!!

Anime Park

Chapter 6: Another Cliffhanger

A town slowly became visible just over the horizon. "I see the town!" Shippo yelled. "Oi, Miroku? Is there an ominous cloud hanging over the village?"

All eyes turned to the monk. Miroku shook his head and sighed. "Shippo, are you suggesting that I use my ominous cloud trick in this town?"

"Well, you usually use it when we're out of food or looking for a place to stay. What makes this village different?" Sango asked.

"Lady Sango, we are more than capable of getting food for ourselves and another night of sleeping on the ground will do us some good."

"Miroku, what's the matter with you?" InuYasha was suddenly standing in front of him. InuYasha put the back of his hand to the monk's forehead. "Are you sick?"

Miroku swatted InuYasha's hand away. "I am not sick. I just don't feel like making up stories to get what we want today. Is that such a bad thing?"

"InuYasha, leave him alone." InuYasha glanced at Kagome and slowly backed away from the monk. "Miroku, I'm glad you've finally come to your senses. You shouldn't have started telling stories in the first place. I don't mind sleeping on the ground. Now, lets go find out some information on that scientist." Kagome walked away from her amazed companions.

Kagome walked into the village. The rest of the group followed behind her. The villagers watched the group with growing enthusiasm. Kagome walked over to a small group of women. "Excuse me ladies, we're looking for information on a mad scientist that has been rumored to have built a strange park. Would you happen to know where she is?"

The ladies glanced at her. One spoke up. "You have brought demons into our village. This is a peaceful town. I'll ask you just once to leave right now."

"But you don't understand, they mean you no harm."

"We don't care what you came here for. Leave this village right away," another woman said.

Kagome turned around and ran to InuYasha and the rest of the group. "Guys, we need to get out of here right now. Seems InuYasha and Shippo aren't welcome here."

"But Kagome……" Sango started.

InuYasha looked into Kagome's eyes. She looked back at him pleadingly. He turned around. "Let's go." The group walked back into the woods.

"Sometimes people amaze me. Its like they've never seen a good demon before in their lives." Miroku shook his head.

"Good demons or bad demons, it makes no difference. We're demons and that is the only thing that people see when they look at us. I could have just saved their lives, but that still wouldn't have made a difference to them. Just face it, all demons are bad." InuYasha pushed through the group and made his way to the front.

Kagome caught up to him. "Not all demons are bad."

InuYasha glanced down at his mate. She smiled as she glanced at him. He blushed and returned his attention to the road ahead. "Have you forgotten how I am? Did you forget about what I'm capable of? How dangerous I really am?"

"Don't be silly. You are only as dangerous as you want to be. I'll admit that you are dangerous when you're angry. Aren't we all? I mean I can be pretty dangerous when I'm pissed off. You've seen Sango and Miroku when they are mad. Besides, we know how to keep you from going into your demon state. We won't let you lose control. Just trust us." Kagome was still looking at InuYasha.

"I do trust you."

They walked along in silence for a while before InuYasha announced that it was getting late and they needed to stop for the night. A couple hours later, everyone was settled in for the evening. Kagome unrolled her sleeping bag and started to climb inside it. InuYasha jumped down from his perch in a nearby tree. Standing behind Kagome, he wrapped his arms around her. She released the sleeping bag. "InuYasha," she whispered, "what are you doing?"

He looked around the campsite. Noticing that everyone else was asleep, he returned his attention to Kagome. He brushed her hair away from her neck and pulled his head to her ear. He slightly opened his mouth and let a fang trail along the outside of her ear. His breath entered her ear sending shivers down her spine. He lowered his head and trailed his fang down her neck to the collar of her shirt and back up again. Then he replaced the fang with his tongue and let it slide down the side of her neck. Kagome moaned. Realizing this she put her hands to her mouth as to silence herself.

InuYasha's ears swiveled in her direction. He stopped and let a smile crease his lips. He pulled her back into a tight embrace. After a few seconds, he released his hold on her and gently picked her up. In a flash he was running through the trees. He set her down in a small clearing and wrapped his arms around her. "Make that sound again."

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Kagome knew what sound he was talking about, but thought that it was very embarrassing. She really didn't want to do it again.

InuYasha smiled and brushed her hair away from her neck again. He lowered his head and trailed his fang down her neck, then back up. He replaced his fang with his tongue and trailed it lightly down the side of her neck. She moaned. His ears swiveled in her direction. He pulled his head back. Placing his hands on her head, he slowly twisted her head to the side.

His lips lingered just above hers. "That sound. I like it." He caught her mouth with his. He pulled back after a few moments.

"You….. you like it?" Kagome said, a bit out of breath.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"I thought it was embarrassing."

"You don't have to be embarrassed in front of me. You're my mate now. That sound only confirms that you like what I'm doing to you. Besides, it makes me want you more." He smiled.

She wiggled out of his grasp and turned around facing him. She wrapped her arms around his waist. "InuYasha, what were you going to talk to me about? You know, when you growled at Shippo this morning."

"Oh, I almost forgot about that. Look, I know he's not going to hurt you, but you have to realize that you're my mate now, which means that I'm going to be extra protective of you."

"I realize that, but Shippo is just a kid. He's not going to steal me away from you. Can you try to be nicer to him? For me, if for nothing else."

He sighed. "I will try to be nicer to him just for you. But if any other guy comes too close, they'll hear it from me. Which reminds me, did you think about where you want me to mark you?"

"Does it have to be visible?"

"I guess not," he said disappointingly.

She unwrapped her arms from around him and put her hands on the sides of his face. "You really want the world to know I'm yours, don't you?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

She pulled him down into a passion filled kiss. She pulled back. "I'll go with your choice from last night."

"Are you sure? You hated the idea last night, that's why I gave you the day to think about it."

"I did think about it and came to the conclusion that it didn't matter what I want. What matters is what you want. This mark will signify that I am your mate. If it makes you happy, then it makes me happy."

"Everyone will see it. Are you sure that's what you want?"

She lowered her hands and looked deep into his eyes. "Hai."

InuYasha put his hands on her cheeks and slowly titled her head to the left side. He lowered his hands. She caught his right hand in her left one. He wrapped his fingers around hers and slowly lowered his head. His lips lingered just above her neck. "This may hurt a little. Try not to scream. Squeeze my hand if you need to, ok?"

"Hai."

He sank his fangs into her neck. She gasped, closing her eyes against the pain and squeezing his hand. He sucked out some of her blood and then slowly pulled his fangs out. She relaxed her grip on his hand and he pulled it out of her grasp. He used a claw on his right hand to cut his left wrist. He put his wrist up to the bite marks on her neck and joined the two. Her body jerked, but he quickly put his right hand on her shoulder to steady her. "It's almost over. I know it stings, but it has to be done." After a few minutes, he removed his wrist, which was now completely healed. "I drank some of your blood, so you must drink some of mine to seal the mark."

"Drink your blood?"

"Hai, just a little bit of it. Don't worry the wound that I inflict upon myself will heal before you drink to much."

She nodded. He brought his left arm up and cut his wrist. She lowered her head. Placing her mouth over his wound, she drank his blood. All too soon the wound healed and she raised her head. She felt dizzy and weak. Her legs buckled beneath her and she started to fall toward the ground. InuYasha grabbed her and brought her close to his body. "Kagome, what's the matter? Speak to me," InuYasha said in a panicked voice.

"I feel dizzy and weak, InuYasha. Something's not right." She blacked out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

"All the parameter fences are stable. Area one is clear. Area two is green. Area three….. Did we put anything into area three yet?"

"Ha ha, yes we sure did! We put those cute adorable talking rodents in three. That's why you can't see them." Washu walked over to the monitor. She studied the image for a moment before touching the screen. "See this small orange dot?"

"What small orange dot?" Tenchi stood up. He squinted as he looked at the computer screen.

"The one under my finger!"

"Move your finger and maybe I can see it!"

Washu moved her finger and took a step away from the monitor. Tenchi sat down and wheeled his chair closer to the screen. "Washu you're crazy. I don't see a small orange dot."

Washu looked at her finger. She saw a small orange speck. "Mihoshi!" Washu yelled.

Mihoshi looked out from behind a stack of papers that was just to the side of her computer. "Yes Washu?"

"Were you eating Cheetos in front of Tenchi's computer screen again?" Washu glanced at her.

"I'm sorry. I was hungry. I thought I cleaned it up." Mihoshi stood up and grabbed a rag and window cleaner. "I'll clean it again."

Washu stepped into her path. "That's ok, I'll clean it." Washu glanced over her shoulder at Mihoshi's desk. "You need to clean your desk off."

"But Washu. It's organized. If I move anything, I won't be able to find it."

Washu took the cleaning supplies from Mihoshi and ushered her back to her desk. "Never mind."

"Um….. About area three?" Tenchi returned his gaze to his computer screen.

"I told you, there is something in there already. Move on down the list."

"Washu you're not being fair to Tenchi." Ayeka walked into the room.

"What are you talking about? He asked a question." Washu turned around and glared at Ayeka.

"Well I was just saying that poor Tenchi….."

"Washu?" Kiyone walked up.

"Yes?" Washu turned her attention to Kiyone.

"Are people going to visit this park? I mean, do you really think that people will want to see your silly creations?"

"I'm glad you asked that Kiyone." Washu turned around and walked to the front of the room. She turned back around, facing the crowd. "I need some people to come here and test the park out for a weekend. I've made a teleporter that I am going to strategically place somewhere on the main land. Then unexpected people will walk into it and be transported directly here."

"Into this room?" Mihoshi asked.

"No, not into this room. They will show up on the front steps of this building. Then they will have to stay the weekend or I won't take them back home. I'm such a genius!"

"Washu, isn't that kidnapping?" Tenchi asked.

"I like to call it a persuasive motive."

"But it is kidnapping. You can't force people to visit this place," Ayeka said.

"Call it what you want, but we need visitors."