Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Park ❯ Park Arrival ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these shows!!!

Anime Park

Chapter 8: Park Arrival

Kouga ran through the woods. He was determined to beat Naraku and steal Kagome from dog boy. He stopped in a cleared and sniffed. Kagome was near, he could smell her, but she smelled different. He ran in the direction of the smell.

The wind picked up. The group looked around and InuYasha growled. Kouga grabbed Kagome as he ran by, and then stopped a few feet away. "Kagome my love. I'm glad to see that dog boy is taking care of you. It won't be much longer till I defeat Naraku and come to claim you as my own."

"Ko…… Kouga, that's sweet and all, but…."

"Release her stupid wolf." InuYasha was standing behind Kouga.

Kouga glanced over his shoulder and stared at InuYasha as if he didn't realize that the half demon had been there. "Why should I? She's mine and you know it."

"Ha, your stupid. Take another sniff and you'll see who she belongs to."

Kouga returned his attention to Kagome. He took a whiff of her scent and gasped. "Kagome, why do you smell like….."

InuYasha grabbed Kouga and hauled him into the woods. InuYasha released Kouga and grabbed Kagome. "She's mine. You best leave before I tear you apart."

Kouga stammered back a few feet. He began to laugh. "Ha ha, you think that will stop me? Kagome, you will be mine. Mark my words. I'll take you away from dog breath as soon as I kill Naraku. Till then be patient and try not to kill him." With that he turned around and ran away in a puff of dirt.

Kagome stared at his retreating form. "Figures that he would be more arrogant than InuYasha," she thought. She returned her gaze to her love. "Don't worry about him. He'll get the drift some day." InuYasha looked into her eyes. He picked her up and ran back through the trees.

Kouga kept running. He stopped by a creek and waited for his companions to catch up to him. "Man they're so slow." He sat down on a rock.

"Hey, Kouga. Wait up!"

Kouga stood up and watched his companions run up to him. "We saw Kagome back there," one of the men stated.

"I know. She smells like dog breath. He must have marked her as his own. I must defeat Naraku soon so that I can take Kagome away from him and make her my own."

"Have you heard any more rumors about that scientist with the jewel shard?" the other wolf demon asked.

"No, the trail is growing cold." Kouga turned around and ran back into the woods. His companions watched him leave and started to follow him. They kept a steady gaze on the wolf prince and all of a sudden he vanished into thin air. The wolf demons stopped running.

"Kouga, where'd you go?" the first one said.

"Kouga, this isn't funny!" the second one said.

They looked at each other. "I say we go find Miss Kagome," the first one reasoned.

"Yeah, but lets not go the way Kouga was going. I don't feel like getting sucked into whatever he was sucked into," the second one said.

InuYasha and Kagome had returned to the group. They continued on their journey.

"Hey, Miss Kagome."

Kagome turned around. InuYasha growled. "Stupid wolf never learns."

The wolf pack ran up to Kagome and stopped. "Its Kouga, he vanished into thin air. One minute he was running through the woods, the next he vanished."

"Good for him. Maybe it'll be peaceful around here from now on," InuYasha said.

"You said he just vanished? Very peculiar." Miroku scratched his head.

"Wait, people don't vanish. Demons don't vanish either. This doesn't sound right." Sango turned her attention to Kagome. "Should we go investigate?"

"Of course," Kagome said. She looked at InuYasha. "Can you show me where he vanished?" She returned her attention to the wolves.

"Sure my lady, follow us." The wolves turned around and ran back in the direction they had come.

Kagome jumped on her bike and rode off in the direction the wolves went. InuYasha ran and jumped on the back of her bike. Kirara changed into her big cat form and Sango hopped on. She reached out and grabbed Miroku, swinging him just behind her.

The wolves stopped running. Kagome stopped her bike. InuYasha hopped off the bike as Kagome got off and put the kickstand down. Kirara lighted upon the ground. Both Miroku and Sango jumped off her and Kirara changed back into her smaller form. Shippo poked his head out of the basket on Kagome's bike.

"He vanished some where around here. We're not walking in there. We don't want to vanish also," one of the wolves said.

Kagome walked past the wolves and scanned the area. She noticed a spot that shimmered. She walked closer to it. The air was distorted directly in front of her. She ran her hands over the area.

"Oi, Kagome did you find something?" InuYasha walked toward her.

Kagome stepped forward and into the strange object. InuYasha noticed Kagome vanish and ran the same direction that she went. He vanished. Sango looked at Miroku. "I don't think we should leave them alone. What do you say hoshi?"

Miroku scratched his head. Shippo jumped out of the basket and onto Miroku's shoulder. "If you're going to go in there. Then I'm going too. You can't leave me behind."

Miroku stepped forward. Sango followed him. Miroku sighed and walked in the direction Kagome and InuYasha had gone. He was being pulled through what looked like a long tunnel. Shippo tightened his hold on Miroku as they flew through the air. Light flashed past them. In an instant they were tumbling onto the ground. Miroku groaned and stood up. He heard a thump behind him. He turned around and saw Sango lying on the ground.

Sango got up. "Where are we?" She glanced up and noticed a big building.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~

"Washu, there are some strange people in front of the building." Tenchi glanced up from his computer.

Washu walked over to him. "Where?" Tenchi pointed at the screen to the group. "Wonderful, my plan worked. We have visitors. Tenchi, make sure the park is ready for guests. I will go greet them." Washu turned around. "Mihoshi, don't mess with anything." Washu walked out of the room.

The main doors to the building opened up. Out stepped a short woman with red hair. She walked to the edge of the stairs. "Welcome to Anime Park!"

"Who are you and where the hell are we?" InuYasha growled.

"InuYasha calm down. I'm sure she'll explain." Kagome turned her attention to the strange looking woman. She could feel the presence of a jewel shard, but it was distant.

"Look lady, I don't have time for this. Return me to my home at once," Kouga said.

"You sure are a strange lot, but you'll do. I will return you to your home after you do me a favor."

"What sort of favor do you want? If it has anything to do with wom…." Miroku quickly glanced at Sango and decided to change the wording of his sentence, "…..Animals then I'll go along with it."

"Animals? Miroku what are you talking about?" Sango looked puzzlingly at him. Miroku just smiled and returned his attention to Washu.

"My name is Washu. I'm the scientific genius that created this park," Washu laughed. "I want you guys to spend the weekend in my park. All you need to do is view all my exhibits and tell me whether you feel the park is safe or not. Then I will return you to your home."

"What if we decide the park isn't safe?" Shippo asked.

"Then you may never leave of course, ha ha," Washu laughed. "I'm a genius."

"Why you…." InuYasha readied himself to launch at Washu.

Kagome stepped in his path and put her hands on his chest. "Calm down InuYasha. Looks like we have no choice but to go along with this."

InuYasha looked into Kagome's eyes. He wished that there weren't so many people around so that he could kiss her. He shook his head; now was not the time for that, but definitely later.

"If you all will follow me, I will begin the tour." Washu turned around. She stepped inside the doors. She held one door open and patiently waited for the group to enter.

The group entered the building. The entire group stopped dead in their tracks except Kagome, who kept walking until InuYasha put his hand on her shoulder. She stopped and looked at him. "What's the matter InuYasha?" He was staring wide eyed at the bones of a huge animal. Kagome turned around and glanced in the direction he was looking. "Wow, great display of a Tyrannosaurus." She turned her attention to Washu, who was grinning from ear to ear. "You said this is Anime Park correct? Tell me, what type of animals do you have here?"

"I'm glad you asked!" Washu walked up a set of stairs that was on the right hand side of the building. "I do have dinosaurs here, but I also have some of my own creations. I don't want to spoil any of the surprises though. Now, if you'll follow me I have a nice video for you to watch."

"What's a video?" Miroku asked before the rest of the gang could.

Kagome turned around. "It's something that you watch. It's kind of like watching performers on a stage, only it's on a screen."

"Oh," Miroku said while still looking perplexed.

Washu led the group up the stairs and through the second door on the right. They entered a small room. There were rows of chairs lined up in front of a large screen.

"If you all would take a seat, I will begin the show!"

Not wanting to cause any trouble, Miroku and Sango sat down in the first available seats. Sango made sure to keep two chairs in between Miroku and herself. Shippo made his way off of Miroku's shoulder and bounced onto the back of a nearby chair. Kirara positioned herself in Sango's lap. Kouga walked up to Kagome and took her hand. "Shall we find a good seat?"

InuYasha growled. Kagome gently removed her hand from Kouga's and smiled. She quickly made her way past Kouga. She entered the middle row of seats, walked to the middle chair, and sat down. Kouga jumped in the air and took the chair to her left. InuYasha growled as he made his way down the aisle and sat down in the chair to Kagome's right in a huff, arms crossed.

The screen came to life. Big numbers counted down the time till the video began. 3, 2…. "Oi Kagome, what's it doing?" InuYasha hopped over the front row of seats and was standing in front of the screen. Washu stopped the video. Kagome sighed, stood up, and made her way to the front of the room. InuYasha reached out with his right hand and extended a claw. Kagome placed her left hand on his. He glanced at her.

"Excuse me! You're messing the show up. Please sit down!" Washu said.

"Yeah dog breath. I don't think we came here to watch you," Kouga said.

"InuYasha, calm down. This is a movie. All you have to do is watch it." Kagome wrapped her hand around his and started walking back toward the seat. InuYasha looked puzzled for a moment before following her. Once they had settled down, Washu started the video again.

Two little figures resembling Washu appeared on the screen. The one on the right started, "Welcome to Anime Park!"

"I bet you already knew that, because Washu is a genius," the second one chimed.

Washu began laughing. The first one continued, "This park is the brain child of Washu. As you can probably guess, there are dinosaurs in this park. I bet you're wondering how Washu made animals that have been extinct for sixty-five million years."

"Good question," the second one said. "In fact this is a very easy question to answer. Washu is a genius. It all started the day she was born." The picture faded. When the picture came back it showed a beautiful two-story house. The first figure said, "Washu blew up her home planet…. I mean, to save money, we used the house in which she now resides." The picture scanned into the house. Tenchi was standing just behind a long couch. Ryoko was standing to his left holding what looked like a baby wrapped in a blanket. The camera gave a close-up on the baby and one could see big gray floppy ears. The second figure said, "Washu was born an adult…. I mean, we couldn't find any baby pictures of her."

The pictures showed Washu slowly growing up. Ironically none of the pictures looked like Washu. They did look like Ryo-Ohki and Sasami however. InuYasha yawned. Kagome turned around. "Um….. Excuse me. Does this have anything to do with this park? It seems to me like its just talking about you."

"It has everything to do with the park. My life is very important."

Miroku leaned close to Sango. "Sounds like she's full of herself," he whispered. Sango nodded her head in agreement.

Kouga stood up. "Look lady, your life looks interesting and all, but I want to get this over with so that I can go home." He walked towards the back of the room.

Washu pouted. "Alright, don't get so jumpy. If you would take your seat, I'll move on with the presentation."

Kouga growled but found the nearest seat and settled down. Washu stopped the video. "I stopped it only because you seem to want to get this part of the tour over with soon. Besides that video is three hours long."

Kagome turned around. "Three hours long? Are you crazy? What could you possibly talk about for three hours?"

"The director's cut is five and a half hours. I had to cut it down because everyone thought it was too long, so I took out all the unimportant parts. Mostly the parts about how I met the people I stay with and the majority of the adventures that we have had." Washu laughed.

"Yep, she's crazy," Sango whispered to Miroku.

Kagome was about to ask another question when InuYasha put his hand on her arm. She turned her attention to him. "Kagome, don't ask any more questions. If she doesn't stop talking about herself I'll kill her," he whispered rather irritatingly. Kagome nodded her head and returned her attention to the front of the room.

Washu stopped laughing and pressed a button. The room began to move. InuYasha wrapped his arms around Kagome. "What's going on?" Kagome tried to pry his arms off of her, but he had her in a death grip. She sighed. "The room is moving. It won't hurt you. Calm down."

Kouga grabbed onto his chair for dear life. Shippo jumped onto Miroku's shoulder and Kirara growled. The room stopped moving. Just beyond where the screen had been, there were people moving around with white lab coats on. On some tables sat computers and on others there were eggs.

"What are they doing?" Miroku asked.

"This is where all the animal's in the park are born. The eggs….."

Kagome stood up. "Is there a way out of here? I want to see the eggs."

InuYasha stood up. "I'll make a way out." He unsheathed his sword.

Washu ran down the aisle waving her arms. "No, don't! Please stop! There's a door over there," she pointed to the left side of the room.

Kagome looked into InuYasha's eyes. He quickly re-sheathed his sword. Kouga ran over to Kagome, picked her up, ran over to the door, and exited. InuYasha growled and ran after them. Washu meandered toward the door. Sango and Miroku looked at each other for a second before deciding to follow.

Kouga released Kagome. Kagome looked around the room. On one table she noticed an egg that looked like it was beginning to hatch. She walked over to the table.

"Oh good. One is hatching. Kiyone, when did it start hatching?" Washu asked.

Kiyone walked up to the table, taking a clipboard from her computer desk. "Looks like it just started."

The rest of the group crowded around the table. The egg slowly hatched. Washu smiled as the little creature poked its head out of the shell. Kagome gasped, making Kouga reach out for her. InuYasha wrapped her in his arms. "I'm all right InuYasha! It's that creature. What the heck is it?"

Kiyone rolled her eyes. Washu smiled. "This is my very own creation. You see, I joined the genes of a Velociraptor and….."

"It's so cute," Sango said as she picked the baby up.

"They may be cute as babies, but as adults they are ferocious," Kiyone stated.

"What's a Velociraptor?" Shippo asked.

"They were a rather ferocious meat eating dinosaur," Kiyone pointed at the rounded claws on the baby's feet. "You see those claws?" Shippo nodded his head. "They used those claws to kill their prey."

"That sounds sort of like what InuYasha does to demons," Shippo stated. InuYasha glared at him flexing his claws. Shippo screeched and ducked behind Miroku's head.

"Huh?" Kiyone was confused, but decided not to say anything.

"I believe that lunch is ready. Shall we go eat?" Washu's gaze danced around to all of her guests.

"Wait, do you have any adult Velociraptors?" Kagome asked.

"They aren't Velociraptors….." Kiyone started.

"I don't have Velociraptors. As I was trying to tell you earlier, this is a combination that I created. I took the genes of the Velociraptor and….." Washu sounded extremely excited as she spoke of her creation.

"I know that's not a Velociraptor. It has floppy ears like a rabbit," Kagome said while pointing to the baby in question.

"It kind of looks like the baby that the blue haired woman was holding in your movie," Miroku said while trying to get a better view of the little creature.

"If you ask me, that thing is ugly!" Kouga said while turning his head towards the ceiling.

"No one asked you, wolf!" InuYasha stated.

"Oh and I guess you think that creature is cute? It looks like a half-breed to me. Sounds familiar doesn't it dog breath?"

"Grr, half-breed or not, I can still kick your ass."

"You and what army? Are you going to team up with those half-bred floppy eared ugly creatures? I bet they aren't as dangerous as she says they are!" Kouga pointed at Kiyone.

Kagome placed herself in between the two demons and waved her hands. "Don't fight. Let's try to have a good time this weekend. Please?"

InuYasha looked into her eyes. She looked back pleadingly. He sighed and returned his attention to Kouga. "We'll finish this later wolf." Kouga snorted.