Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Bonds of Love and Survival ❯ Evagelion Apocalypse ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimers:
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion and all related characters, concepts, etc., are property of ADVision and Gainax.
I only *wish* they were mine.
Please try to be good to me, this is my first stab at an Evangelion Fic. Yes you will see some OOC & WAFF.
Let me tell you that up to chapter 24, I loved this Anime, then as so many others it turned dark & painful,
I couldn't agree with the ending, so I am writing this to show what I thought would be an excellent ending
to the series where Rei and Asuka lived! Hopefully the creator of the series will make more movies & hopefully
they will give us a more hopeful ending. P.S- Thanks to Jon Cook For pre-reading this Fic!

2. Tenchi Muyo! and its characters are copyrights and
trademarks of AIC, Pioneer, and whoever else may own the rights to it, so
please don't sue me (it's not like I have any money anyway :P). However, this
story is my original creation and is copyrighted by me. Please don't copy it and
claim it as your own.

P.S- Thanks to Tex James For pre-reading this Fic!

Bonds of Love and Survival

Chapter #11: Evangelion Apocalypse

In a cloaked area of space now near earth.

Lady Tokimi, one of the three Choushin Goddesses, the entities that created the Universe was perturbed. All 10 Evangelions were
now within 2 days of attacking the Masaki Valley and she now knew that Washu had at least three of the Nerv Evas.
She also knew of the pilots she had missed at the Arawa Onsen just outside Kyoto-2. She had missed them by a few hours as Washu had gotten them to her lab.
Then she noticed that more and more of the human population were rising from the LCL. She had to attack right on schedule so
when she defeated the Masaki's and the Nerv Evas she could then send her forces to earth and claim it away from the Jurians.
But, she still didn't like the way the Evas in her control worked. If there was more time she would have put some of her minions in
the pilots seats, but as it was it would have taking too long, and the Jurai relief fleet would have gotten to the Earth by then and her
plans of challenging Tenchi Masaki and his power would be thwarted!
So, she would take a chance and attack one day earlier! "Let's see what Tsunami's knight and his allies do now!

*********************************************************************** ***********************************
Breakfast ... interrupted!

Breakfast was a now large undertaking, as now 10 more people were there added to the rest of the Masaki clan. So, many of the family members, and some of the guests helped in serving and washing up after wards. Then all made their way to Washu's lab's conference room. There Tenchi and Washu went over their battle plan over again for a final time. As the ex-NERV personnel and the friends of Shinji Asuka and Rei made their way to the sub-space replica of Central Dogma to prep the EVAs there, Shinji, Asuka and Rei went to the Pilots locker room to change. The first of Washu's surprises was there! Already suited up, Touji was waiting for them. After the Surprised expression, he informed him that EVA Unit-03 was rebuilt but didn't have the S2 engine active, so he was to be used as a back up for them and help in retrieval of Any damaged EVAs during and after the battle!
After some more time to reflect, the 4 pilots made their way to the EVA holding area where their partners were waiting

Tenchi, Ryoko and Ayeka had already situated their children with Sasami in a different part of the lab and were waiting for the pilots when they arrived.
As Touji said good-bye to Hikari, she surprised him with a long and deep kiss. Then she said "Make it back alive and they're be more where that come from!" Touji just stood there frozen with a goofy look on his face until Shinji pushed him towards his EVAs catwalk.
Next Shinji and Rei walked Asuka to her Unit-02. The same thing happened, A long, deep kiss between Shinji and Asuka, with a promise to continue later, A stunned Shinji was then walked to his EVA by Rei who also repeated the same good bye kiss again!
Now with a far-off look, Ayeka (Who had already said her good byes to Tenchi) grabbed Shinji by the nape of his plug suit and got him over to his EVA to enter the EVA's entry plug to initiate start up procedures on the EVA!

Washu and Misato were at the central control area With Makoto, Maya, and Shiegru, while Kensuke and Hikari were directing
Washu's Robots in the prepping of the EVA's there. As final instructions were given an alert sounded, the Production EVAs have arrived, unexpectedly. So the practice became the real thing!
But what wasn't was that Five more MP-Evas were flying in formation from the northwest, from Russia!

"They must have had some back up EVAs in storage there, they must have activated and been directed here",
stated a nervous Misato!
"Don't worry I have a surprise for the Five flying in!" answered Washu, and with that she summoned her holopad and several crystals jumped out of the lake behind the Masaki home, they then changed to cabbit ships and headed in the direction of the flying EVAs!
At the same time a Silver-Gray Cabbit ship named Ken-oki descended to a position above the Masaki's valley, and a signal was sent to Washu!

Nagi appeared on the screen nearly flooring Makoto "Who is that?"
"That's my daughter Nagi" Answered Washu, "See that's my other surprise, we now have a gun ship above the deflector dome which is above the Valley."

"Hey mom! Got your signal and rushed right down. See you have some Mecha infestation huh!" She said.

"Yes, So can you handle being our gun turret during the battle?" Washu asked.

"Don't worry I've got Shiro to help me!" Answered Nagi!

"Hi, Mama, are you safe?" Asked Shiro

"Yes my little Ken-chan, Take care of your sister and do as she says. I'll let you play with some of my inventions
(At least the non-lethal ones) if you do, OK?" Answered Washu

"You betcha Mama! Ah, will Yumi be there?" Asked Shiro (He does have a crush on her)

"Yes, your cousin will be there!" Washu answered. "Nagi, please be careful honey, and keep an eye out on the others OK!"

"Ok, Mom, I'll only shoot at the white EVAs, will that do?" stated Nagi

"Excellent, just be careful. Oh, by the way I sent a small cabbit fleet to intercept the Flying EVAs coming from the northwest but if they get through, be ready for them, OK!" asked Washu

"Ok, Mom, signing off, and let's kick some mecha butt!" yelled Nagi as her cabbit took up it's position.!

Nagi then flew to her position above the valley with her and
Shiro readying Ken-oki's weapons. As this was happening, three of the cabbit ships engaged the flying EVA's in a heated battle. The cabbits were out numbered but they made up for it in firepower. After a twelve-minute battle, the cabbits were
beaten and transformed to crystals to regenerate, while two
of the five EVA's survived and continued towards the valley! Now twelve MP-EVA's were ready to take on the Masaki's and the NERV EVA's.

Within that twelve minute span the Production EVAs were now in visual range of the Valley.
They started firing at the dome and at Ken-oki! As he returned fire, three large portals appeared at equal distance to each other and between them and the valley. The Nine white and one green EVAs then faced off against the three Nerv EVAs and their companions.
The additions of the Prong spear and Mega-Light sword helped a great deal to keep the white EVAs at bay, but their ability for three of them to fly hurt their weapons effectiveness. But, with Ken-oki he eventually shot down all the flying EVAs and those that survived came face to face with the ex-NERV EVAs and their companions.

While Tenchi, Ryoko and Ayeka made like flies and continually attacked the production EVAs as they also fought the Blue, Red and purple EVAs. As the battle progressed, the two-on-one scenario was not good in the long run. Plus the two remaining flying EVAs arrived and were promptly shot down by Ken-oki.

On the three areas of combat, Ayeka and Shinji were
holding off three EVA's, while Rei and Tenchi still had two to deal with. The battle was not going well for Ryoko and Asuka, As the remaining EVA joined it's White and Green companions. Touji was finally sent in nearest to Ayeka and Shinji,
turning the tables on those EVA's, who now were one on
one with Units 01 and 03, as well as a very Irate Jurian Princess!

As that battle would be over, soon, The same cannot be said for Ryoko and Asuka, Both were being beaten badly by the three EVAs coordinating as one, when one finally got a hold of Ryoko and threw her into a hill burying her about fifty feet into the hill!
Asuka was then in a three on one as all three used their lances to impale her EVA!
As the scene reared itself again in Asuka's mind of being killed again, a strange thing happened.
The green EVA stood there still for about thirty seconds as the two White EVAs kept slashing at Asuka's Unit-02,
then the green EVA used its lance to behead one of the White EVAs, which promptly dropped to the ground. As this happened the other white EVA then attacked the green which now took up a defensive stance in front of Asuka's EVA.
She couldn't believe that one of the EVAs had turned on the others, not looking a gift horse in the mouth,
she started to dig Ryoko out of the hill she was stuck in as the green EVA battled the White EVA.

Tokimi now peering at the Battle from her lofty perch was starting to fume. Sensing this, D3 slowly backed away from the Goddess.
"D3, get over here and explain the actions of the green Eva!"
"Well, Milady, it seems that the dummy plug used with this Eva was not based on the Seventeenth angel, but on an actual human pilot." D3 then waited for the next question.
"Who was the clone based on, D3?" asked a calm but stern Lady Tokimi.
"From the data gathered, it seems that the clone is of the pilot of Nerv's Unit-01." Replied a now nervous D3.
"You mean to say that the dummy plug in Unit-01A is the clone of Unit-01? Am I right?"
"Yes, Milady." D3 then sat quietly as Tokimi pondered.
"For that, you will cease to exist!" D3 then faded without fanfare, as Tokimi then took control of all the MP-Evas.
"Hmmm, lets see where I can hurt them the most, and bring Tenchi's power to bare!" was Tokimi's thoughts as the battle continued.

As Rei and Tenchi finished off their two opponents, the rushed head long towards Ryoko and Asuka's position hoping to be there on time!
Likewise, Shinji, Touji and Ayeka polished off the last white EVA into a blown up burning husk and headed towards the last fight!

As they got there, they saw both the Green and White EVAs had just impaled each other with their Lances. As both fell, the others rushed to cover Ryoko who was now dug out of the hill, thanks to Asuka who had a lance sticking out of her EVAs shoulder.
They all turned to see the Green EVA pull the lance out of
its abdomen, then use it to cut the last white EVA in two there by ending the battle. The Green EVA stood there looking at first Asuka's EVA then at Rei's for a moment before it then fell face first to the ground!

"Now that didn't go as planned. I should have waited an extra day, then maybe I could have won this."

"No, sister that wouldn't have happen." said a voice behind Lady Tokimi.

"What, here to boast and make fun of my manipulations, Tsunami, or what?" Tokimi said a bit sarcastically.

"No, sister, but you should have gotten the message by now that Tenchi will not be goaded to fight, and as he has so clearly stated, again and again, he doesn't want to fight you, yet you still want to test him. Why? Can't you see he isn't a threat to you?"

Tokimi responds, "But in the future, he might well be more powerful and that in itself is a threat."
Tsunami let out a sigh, "Then simply ask him when the time comes. You'd be surprised how he will respond."

"But sister, aren't you a bit slanted in your view, since your Jurian side is married to him?"
"Then, sister, why don't you come and talk to your brother-in-law, and nephew?"
Tokimi thought about the offer. "I guess I need to help clean up the mess I made."
Tsunami smiled and took her sister's hand, "I do think that would be a good start, but let me tell them first so they don't think you going to attack, all right?" Tokimi nodded and both disappeared.

As the recovery robots led by Kensuke were cleaning up
the mess after the battle, minions belonging to Tokimi joined them and it took only a few hours to pick up all the pieces and deposited them in Washu's Lab. Though normally, Kensuke would have had a clear reaction to these grotesque creatures, Ken shrugged it off as simply another oddity to the others he had seen at the Masaki Residence, plus Tsunami had briefed him mentally as is apart of her goddess powers.

The rest of the victors were trying to get the entry plug out of the Green EVA unit that had helped them during the battle.
The other production EVAs had been found to have Kaworu clones.
The green EVAs plug was finally removed to reveal why it had turned on the white EVAs. To everyone's surprise it had been a clone of Shinji in it, ...and it still was alive!

They rushed the clone to Washu's lab, and put it in the regeneration chamber. As Washu was evaluating the clone, Shinji, Rei and Asuka were there waiting with mixed emotions;
For Shinji it was just another reminder of what his father had been doing, and how far he was going to go, though he couldn't blame the clone. It still was very mind blowing that there 6 feet away was a copy of himself, alive and turning on it's programming and trying to protect Asuka. There was a hint of jealously and then pride, because his clone had protected Asuka, as he would have!
For Asuka, having another Shinji protecting her was comforting, but now there are two Shinji's, this was going to throw their relationship off kilter and that is what had her unnerved!
For Rei, it was very confusing; there in the regeneration chamber was a Shinji who was more like her than anyone else, even her love.
A clone like herself, who had saved Asuka, she surmised he would have saved her if she was in the same position.
Then the same confusion that Asuka was experiencing about this situation now hit Rei, both girls instinctively each held one of Shinji's arms as they waited.

After all the tests and analysis Washu had a forlorn look on her face as she turns to Shinji, the girls and the rest of the people there.
As she looked at the trio that would be most affected Washu spoke;

"The clones weren't meant to last long. Remember except for Rei's clones, the others were only meant as a part of the dummy plug system for the MP-Evas. They were only meant to last long enough to start the Third Impact. So I'm sorry but he won't last more than a few days". Washu then put a hand on Shinji's shoulders, "but there is a way to save him."
Shinji looked up at the red-headed scientist. "Though it would change you Shinji, ... I think.
What the hell are you talking about Washu!" Was Asuka's response
"Well, I can regenerate the clone, from Shinji's own body. That's the easy part."

Then after a pregnant pause, Rei asked. "What is the hard part Professor?"

The cloning will also include a full neural scan, and it could mean since this clone is a fully human clone, his mind might be bonded to the clone."

"Can you explain this bonding?" Rei now asked though with a more nervous tone.

What might happen with the bonding is one of two possibilities.
First, Shinji and the clone share a telepathic bond similar to what I have with Ryoko and Ryo-Oki."

"And the second?" asked an impatient Asuka.

"Second, they become so bonded, that they share the same consciousness, literally one soul in two vessels.
The closest analogy I can give you would be Ryoko when she splits into two bodies. She has this sharing then, and each body is independent of the other, but still controlled by one mind. But that is temporary, she can't stay split for no more than a day."
Or, you do nothing and you three can make his last days as fun and full as possible, you can at least do that for him!"

As Shinji, Asuka, and Rei hold hands and compose themselves they look at each other and they all rise together and head for the regeneration chamber. Then the girls let go of Shinji so he can be close to his other self. As the chamber is drained and the clone wakes up. Shinji motions for the girls to be at either side of his clone. The clone then looks up he sees the two girls who in his foggy
memory he recognizes and he smiles, the girls then help him out of the chamber and to a gurney next to it
They stay with him as Shinji returns to Washu with a nagging question.

"Washu, How does he know who Asuka and Rei are?" asks Shinji

"The same way Rei's soul and memories transferred from one of her clone bodies to another!" answered Washu

"But, I'm still here, my soul hasn't gone anywhere! "asked Shinji

"I think because you were so close by he simply copied your memories and that's what saved Asuka.
So you owe him as much as anyone who help out today, maybe more!" replied Washu

"Thank you Washu-chan for your help!" Shinji then joined his fiancees and his other self as they made their way out of the lab.

With Washu's help, they used a portal to move the clone into Shinji's room.
Asuka, Shinji, Rei, and the clone were left alone to discuss and finalize this current situation.

As the clone is now lucid and clear he is told by Shinji who he is and what his current status is.
The clone is of course confused, but all are there to help him as much as they can, making things as comfortable for the short time he has.

During the next week, he spends equal time with Asuka, and Rei, while Shinji make the proper arrangements with Katsuhito on where he would be buried. The clone then makes it known he wants to be called Duo. As a way to show his connection to Shinji, and to both girls. They are of course deeply touched.

As the week came to an end, Duo's health steadily deteriorated and by the end of the week, only he, Shinji and Washu were there in Shinji's room for his final moments. When Washu signaled that the time was near, Asuka, and then Rei were summoned and each held one of Duo's hands. this brought a smile to the slowly dying boy. Then quietly and now sobbing Asuka knelt down and kissed Duo on his lips. she then turned and continued to cry on Shinji shoulder, as Rei then took her turn.
Even now she tried to keep her stonfaced composure, but as Duo had Shinji's face and it looked even paler than hers, she finally let out a few tears and a sigh as she kissed Duo as well and as firmly as Asuka had before.
they then let Shinji come close to her other self . He was crying but kept himself together enough to say these words.
I can't say enough for what you did. I can only say that since your my clone and technically that makes me your father, or brother.
Hmmm, I'm not sure, but either way, I can tell you now Duo, that I am proud of you and I want you to know that you are loved by Asuka, Rei, and especially me! I don't know if we would have gotten there to save Asuka, or Ryoko.
From the Ikari family which you are apart of now and for all eternity, I thank you and say to you, you can rest now Duo.
Let you eyes close and ...rest." Shinji then grabs both of Duo's hands and smiles at him as he smiles back, while slowly closing his eyes. Within one minute, he breathed his last.

Duo Ikari now rests in the Okayama Cemetery tended by three people who cared for him in his brief life and came to know him as caring person, clone or not!

*********************************************************************** ***********************************

Finally,,,

As more of humanity returns from the LCL, the Jurian Relief Fleet arrives with supplies advisors and scientific help coordinated by Washu. Within three years a little over 1.5 billion people have returned from the LCL. Approximately have of who were here before third Impact.
The remaining LCL was moved to several large man-made lakes with appropriate facilities to help those who chose to return.
As for the Ex-NERV employees, they have new jobs as part of the UN/Jurian Coordinating Committee (UNJCC).
They work with the Jurian, and a now re-established UN government, with Misato as it's head.
Makoto, Maya, and Shiegru still work for her though now work on supplies and diplomacy, ... not EVAs.

Touji, and Hikari married as soon as they could, but finished school when it was re-established. They now run a restaurant in Okayama.
Kensuke stayed on and became Washu's assistant. He now has a budding relationship with an adult Mayuka Masaki.
Little Yousho became a Galaxy Police cadet, and after some adventures that rivaled his parents, he returned home and became the next 1st Prince of Jurai, freeing Tenchi from that responsibility!

The rest of the Masaki clan still try to keep a low profile. But with the earth now officially a Jurai protectorate, they are forced to show themselves when needed! (By the way Ayeka and Sasami have each had another child each, and Yousho and Washu now have another young son. Nobuyuki and Mihoshi have had two more kids and are now living in Tokyo-3 since Nobuyuki is the Chief architect of the city wide rebuilding project.

Shinji, Asuka, and Rei got married through a special dispensation, have stayed married. They live another valley over from the Masaki's, and each girl has bore three girls (Duo and Rei) and three boys (Shinji and Asuka).

The issue of the souls in the Evas was finally solved Via The pilots Synching with their Evas and simply asking each soul whether they wanted to return, to a rebuilding earth, or to go on to the spirit world.
Naoko Akagi chose not to return and her spirit went to where ever spirits go after death.
But Asuka's mom, Kyoto and Shinji's mom, Yui chose to come back!
So, Washu, using DNA samples from Asuka, and Shinji, as well as making some short trips to Tokyo-3 and Berlin, had enough material to grow in an accelerated rate two bodies based on both women's DNA.
Within six months of the souls acknowledgment to come back, and through the amazing skills of one Washu Habuki, Kyoto Zepplin Souryu, and Yui Ikari's souls were joined to their newly reconstituted bodies and joined the Ikari household, with may hugs and kisses.

What happened to the EVAs? Washu used her considerable skills and gathered all data and weapons pertaining to the EVAs as well as parts and materials and now has them in her lab, in a secure area. AS they are now soulless, washu modified them to be used again when needed, without the danger of losing one's souls to it. As of this time they haven't been needed!.

*************************************************************** *******************************************
Well, that's it, I am not doing anything else with this except for an expanded epilogue, but if anyone wants to use this story line just contact me and go for it!
Remember, I have other fics on Fanfiction.net so check those out!