Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Bound Through Space ❯ Sanctuary and Sacrilege ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sanctuary and Sacrilege

Misaki could no longer hold the tears of joy. Washu looked simply radiant. The muted cream of her wedding kimono accented the alabaster beauty of her skin. The brilliant emerald trim at the cuffs of the sleeves and at the hem only accented the sparkling wondrous twinkle in Washu's eyes. The laughter from their daughters rang calmly through the side chamber.

Ryoko and Sasami were embroiled in a vicious tickle match, which seemed neither was winning. Sasami's darling child-like voice rang harmonious accompaniment to Ryoko's richer tone. Misaki shook her head. The pair were ruining their ceremony dresses, but considering how rarely the pair got to spend time with each other, Misaki could not fault them their moments of sisterly companionship. Besides, it was nice to hear Sasami and Ryoko laugh, they so rarely laughed now that it seemed like eons since they were both children.

Washu's nervousness was only contained by her happiness. In a few short minutes, she would be Masatoshi's wife. No longer would she be his concubine, but now she would forever hold the honorific title of wife, and Queen. Turning to the girls Washu winced when Ryoko bounced off the bed and landed heartily on the floor with a braggadocios Sasami proclaiming victory. Shaking her head and returning to the mirror to adjust her headpiece for the 100th time within the last two minutes, Washu ignored Ryoko's menacing chuckle.

There, perfect! Washu thought as she at last settled her headpiece perfectly centered on her mostly serene head. Turning to Misaki, Washu steeled herself for the inevitable bear hug. Eyes clenched shut Washu waited for the attack… that never came. Misaki was entirely too distracted by the playing siblings. And just when Washu thought the room could not become any more rowdy… Misaki joined into the scuffle, dragging a balking Washu along.

Ryoko yelped in surprise as both her mothers besieged her. Sasami squealed as both Ryoko and Misaki began tickling her. Washu for her part gave up; deciding if you can't beat them, join them. Ryoko squirmed fitfully as she tried to escape her mother's devilishly fast hands. Huge gasps of air puffed from her mouth as tried to teleport away, but was too distracted to complete the task. Sasami faired no better beneath the cruelty of Misaki. The poor girl's face was a bright crimson and tears rolled hotly down her cheeks as she gasped for air between giant peals of laughter.

There was a quiet knock at the door, which was easily ignored by the room's occupants. Couple more knocks at the door and finally the door was opened to reveal the ceremony officiate himself. Gaotusa chuckled to himself as he watched the four singularly most important women in his best friend's life rolled around on the floor tickling each other and acting like a group of children. The girls he could forgive such behavior, as it was still (just barely) acceptable for them. The adults however… such actions were entirely too immature.

Clearing his throat Gaotusa decided to make a completely inappropriate comment that given the circumstance and the audience would probably be completely outside of their understanding. But something had to be done so… … …

"Dear Penthouse, I walked in to one of the rooms in this palace I was visiting and found four gorgeous women rolling around on the floor playing with each other. I know what you're thinking but I'm not lying. It was the beginning to an amazing evening… ooof" Gaotusa was silenced as Sasami knocked the wind out of him. Nothing like a flying tackle from a girl to take the wind right out of your sails, Gaotusa thought.

Ryoko watched as both of her mothers composed themselves and adjusted their wardrobe. Finally able to rise from the floor Ryoko walked over to Gaotusa and helped him up from the floor. When at last the man was vertical Ryoko jabbed him lightly on the shoulder. "You know… for a priest you're one perverted man, Uncle Goats."

Gaotusa momentarily blushed as he realized his comment was understood despite the cultural barrier. Momentarily clearing his throat Gaotusa deliberately ignored Ryoko in favor of hugging Sasami.

Pulling back from the hug Gaotusa smiled down at Sasami, and then turned his attention to Washu. Washu, who had managed to return her attire to an appropriate state of orderliness, returned his smile. "So are you implying that the highest priest within this empire's primary religion, that has taken a holy vow of celibacy, partakes of the entirely base pleasures of the flesh? Even if it is a solo performance?" Washu smile turned lecherous as Gaotusa coughed then sputtered.

Sasami and Misaki regarded Gaotusa both clicking their tongues and shaking their heads. Then as one they both waggled their fingers and said, "You've been a very naughty priest, haven't you Gaotusa?"

Gaotusa was thoroughly embarrassed. These women weren't suppose to know about such matters, let alone tease him about it. Blushing fiercely and too embarrassed to question the women as to how they could possibly know of such a matter, Gaotusa silently nodded then mumbled a soft, "Yes." Before he raced out of the room.

At the other side of the door Masatoshi laughed his ass off. Good lord how could Gaotusa have expected Ryoko of all people notto know about that magazine? The girl had and still has the universe's most insatiable curiosity. A personality trait she inherited from her mother, no doubt. Ryoko had accidentally stumbled across that particular topic and magazine while browsing through the vast stores of information within Washu's science lab.

And of course whatever shocking bit of information that Ryoko found, she quickly disseminated amongst the other children within the palace. It wasn't long before a full 7/8 the teenage males within the palace had some sort of covert subscription to some torrid magazine. It also wasn't long before Misaki had stumbled across one of the magazines and had gone on a personal crusade to save the innocence of the children. Soon the whole palace was in an uproar and all the offenders were brought to justice.

Masatoshi was still chuckling as the memory of the Misaki's face when it was uncovered that Ryoko and Sasami were the origins of the shocking material.

Gaotusa shoved his chuckling friend across the hallway. He may be the Emperor, but that gives him no right to laugh at me. "How is it possible for your daughters and wives to know about Penthouse? I only know about it because some poor boy's mother dragged him and his magazine over to the temple. I wonder whatever happened to that kid?" Gaotusa thought idly as he deliberately lost his train of thought.

Masatoshi patted his friend on the back and chuckled some more. "Its okay my friend, I know you're too proper and pious to `do the single-handed pleasure battle'." At the look of abject horror on Gaotusa's face Masatoshi broke out into great guffawing laughs. Yes, sometimes it was entirely too easy to shock and appall the holy man.

Gathering his wits Gaotusa easily flopped an arm around his friend and Emperor's shoulders and dragged the laughing man off to the ceremony site. If nothing else the serene environment would shut the man up. Shaking his head and trying hard not to blush as his friend made another off color comment about magazines and personal hygiene, Gaotusa thought idly to himself that he couldn't wait until the ceremony was underway. Then at least Masatoshi would be the one blushing.

Tenchi waited patiently at the entrance to the ceremony vestibule after having successfully escaped the twittering and hovering servants. Struggling not to fidget or twitch uncomfortably in his hastily assembled ceremonial garb Tenchi took a closer look at his clothes. Similar in cut to the clothes Ibara had worn, but where Ibara's clothing had been of obviously lighter fabric, these were heavier. The somber yet luxurious fabric of his formal robes were both at once constricting and flowing. Intricate clasps made of interwoven metal and wood held the many folds of material in place.

Two braided cords draped down the front of his chest smoothly, their color denoting his rank and status amongst the court. Altogether the ensemble of layered robes and decoration made Tenchi feel more like an imposter and less like a visiting prince. He felt at odds being a part of the ceremony. He fell outside of the family and the culture he would soon be taking place in, which felt desperately unsettling. Just when Tenchi felt apprehension start to settle cold claws of fear into his gut, he heard the voices of the Emperor and the High Priest as they neared the sacred vestibule. Moments later the pair entered, and Tenchi's nervousness rose. The two men approached Tenchi, the easy camaraderie silently changing Tenchi's demeanor for the better.

Pushing his friend away and telling him to prepare himself, Gaotusa refocused his attention on Tenchi. The poor boy looks like he's going to die. Gaotusa thought idly, for in fact Tenchi did have a stricken look on his face. The priest easily slipped into the role of mentor and began explaining the ceremony and the cultural aspects of the ritual.

Walking over to the young man, Gaotusa motioned for Tenchi to approach. Once Tenchi was within a few feet Gaotusa began his speech. "Tenchi, this ceremony that you are about to be apart of is a great element of the history and ancestry of the Shihotasaki Empire. It is a ceremony that remains the same for all, no matter the status or the rank of the citizen. The union between man and woman has always been a sacred one in our culture. Which is why this ceremony holds such great import to our people. Much like the ceremony from your home world, this is a public affirmation of the devotion of the two people involved. Parts of our ritual may seem familiar to you, such as the sharing of the wine. Also other parts of our ritual may seem foreign to you, such as the exchanging of the bands."

Gaotusa smiled kindly at Tenchi as the young man nodded, the furrowed brows stating clearly that Tenchi barely understood what the priest was trying to explain. "Let me see if I can explain it better to you this way. The couple to be wed must first perform four rituals, the first being the request for acceptance. For us, our pantheon of gods and goddesses plays an extremely high role in such ceremonial practices. So the couple wishing to be wed must first request the permission and the acceptance to do so from the gods. After which a secular representative of said celestial beings either grants or denies the union."

"For those unions that are accepted the next ritual is the sharing of the wine. The sweet wine used during this ceremony is one that in our culture has both sacred and personal meaning. It's called Rinarguro, and is made from the distilled juices of the Holy Amakiyuki Fruit. The fruit only grows on the five most ancient and holy of trees in our realm. Of which two were gifts from the Juraian Empire. This wine is only used for three ceremonies, the wedding ceremony being its greatest use."

"But back to the ritual, in the ritual of wine the couple pours the wine into a special dish used only for this purpose, he pours and holds the dish for her to drink just as she does the same. While she drinks from the dish he holds, he must issue his vows. And conversely when it is her turn to serve him she must issue her vows. Namely declaring their devotion and fidelity to each other. After the vows are made and the wine is shared the dish, which is a gift from a family member, is given to another family member for safe keeping throughout the rest of the ceremony."

"The person trusted to hold the dish is given a great honor, since in our beliefs the dish becomes a symbol of the couple. She is like the bowl of the dish constantly willing to accept his worries and concerns of the world into her loving arms. He is like the base, giving strength and foundation to her lovingly and devotedly. Their loves is the rim, forming an endless circle together united for as long as the dish survives. Many a marriage has failed from fears and doubts arisen just from a shattered dish."

"After the ritual of wine is the presentation of bands. This ritual comes from legend; in Shihotasaki Empire myth has it that long ago The Veiled Goddess was but a youth, before she had donned her veil, had fallen in love with a strong and brave young god. The young god was flattered but also saddened by the Veiled Goddess's ardor, as he was already betrothed to another. But the Veiled Goddess refused to accept his espousal and continued to pursue."

"Eventually the young god fell in love with the Veiled Goddess and promised to find a way to escape his betrothal. Proclaiming his love to the Veiled Goddess the young god carved a sacred band from the wood of his own holy tree. Giving the band to the Veiled Goddess the young god promised to return when he could rightfully and honestly gift her such a token of devotion. And so she watched him leave, his promise to return to her still clinging to her ears. Time passed and the young god did not appear. Struggle and strife came to the realm of the gods and yet still he did not return. Wars came and ended, but still he did not return."

"Finally when the Veiled Goddess had lost all hope that he would ever come back, the young god returned. Proud and valiant he approached her. When at last he stood before her, he fell to his knees and kissed her hand, asking if she still had the band that he had given her. The Veiled goddess quickly retrieved the band from the folds of her robes and handed it to him. The young god took the band from her and slipped it over her left hand. Using the power of his love he willed the wood of the band to constrict around her wrist, forever to remain as an eternal symbol of his love."

"During her long wait for her love, the Veiled Goddess fashioned a similar band for him. One hewn from the rich heartwood of her own personal tree, shaped with her own hands. And as she began to place the band around his fingers her love was stuck down. Attacked from behind with the vengeance and jealous spite of his spurned betrothed. The young god died that day with words of loving devotion whispering on his dying lips. With an equal amount of devotion the Veiled Goddess promised to remain eternally faithful."

"She remained there by his side, until like all lost gods his body shimmered off in a ephemeral gossamer glow. Then slowly she rose, drying her tears as she lifted herself to her full height. With her head held high and her heart full of sorrow, the Veiled Goddess promised to never love another until her true loved returned to her, like he had promised. So she placed his band over her left hand and lifted it to past the swell of her lower arm. Then with all her love and devotion she tightened the band until it would not fall off by either her or any other gods' will alone. And before she turned her back on his final resting place, she covered her face in a veil, forever hiding her beauty and radiance from the rest of existence."

Masatoshi looked at the somber pair. The priest was being entirely too serious for the poor boy. Walking up to the two, the Emperor overheard what the story being recounted was. Masatoshi rolled his eyes. Did Gaotuza even have a clue how depressing that story of love and devotion was? Voice booming Masatoshi easily broke through the solemn silence that had arisen between Tenchi and Gaotuza. "My god man! Not on my wedding day! Be a depressing monk somewhere else. Only pleasantly annoying priests are allowed to officiate my ceremony. And you young man, don't let the romantic drivel of his holiness here upset you too much. He was always a bit too much taken by the `Blessed Tragedy'. A bunch of religious mumbo-jumbo if you ask me."

Gaotuza stiffened his back and glared reproachfully at Masatoshi, "Careful dear friend or I'll tell your soon to be wife what you just said about the `Blessed Tragedy'." Clearing his voice Gaotuza ignored the low chuckle from his friend and returned to Tenchi. The unwitting pupil gazed confusedly back at the priest. "Knowing this legend will stop you from asking a couple of possible embarrassing questions in court."

"Namely why some women wear no bands, why some wear two bands and yet still why others wear only one band. Women that do not wear a band are women that are not betrothed. Women that wear two bands are betrothed and approve the man that their family has chosen for them. The band worn above the forearm is the band that will eventually become his. And lastly women that wear only one band are married and have given the band worn on their arm to their spouse during the last ritual of the ceremony. Which coincidentally is called the exchange of the bands. Most bands are made from something precious and usually have an emotionally significant item either attached or incorporated into their design."

Tenchi looked perplexed for a moment. And at Gaotusa's encouragement voiced his question. "But Lady Washu never wore a band. Doesn't that mean she was single? How could a concubine be single?"

Gaotusa coughed briefly to clear his throat. Never let it be said that the boy didn't pick up on the most difficult of situations to question. "Well, as you noticed Lady Washu did not wear a band, but she did wear a circlet. In our times circlets denote a `kept woman'. The golden circlet that crowns Washu's head denotes her status as a concubine; the color, the jewels and elaborate patterned design all indicate to whom she is bound. It is a sign that she is `crowned' by her master, if you will."

Tenchi nodded his head in understanding. "So you still have pre-arranged marriages here?"

The sage priest smiled. "Yes we do. But both parties are allowed to reject the marriage if they so chose. Although that is actually only a luxurious afforded to non-royalty. Royalty have to abide by their marriage contracts. It prevents frivolous wars. Although in the case of royalty where a marriage is made not by consent but by duty, the bands are worn on the opposite arm. It is again another way to observe the holiness of our Blessed Veiled Goddess, by not taking the symbol of her love as a way of bonding two that share no such sentiment."

"While these marriages of union can never be dissolved they can be surrogated by a second marriage for either party. Both the husband and the wife may find someone that they feel capable of loving enough to deserve the permanency of marriage. In such cases you'll note, people with bands on both their left and right wrists. How the resulting pairings chose to define themselves is strictly and solely up to the people involved."

"No one in our culture has a right dictate to another whom they can and cannot marry for love. It is the marriage denoted by the band on the left wrist that gives free selection to royalty. This may seem confusing for you, but in our lives we have created a definite line between marriages performed out of duty and out of love. The Emperor, as you can see, already has a band on his right wrist. When he insisted that Misaki place the band on his right wrist during the ceremony, the poor woman nearly died. In the end it was better that Misaki understood her role in his life up front than to hide behind the foolish lies of a love struck girl."

Gaotusa's eyes seemed distant. "Now this ceremony, of which you will be a part of, will allow Masatoshi to finally wear a band on his left. But now let us go over what will be expected out of you, before `this depressing monk' bores you too much with his `romantic drivel'." Tenchi smiled at the normally soft-spoken priest's attempt to mimic the gruff surliness of his royal friend.

Kagato finally reached his room without much bother and little distraction from annoying courtiers or mindless consulate members. Entering the doorway for his chamber, Kagato dismissively tossed Ayeka into one of the corners. There was much work to be done and the girl would do nothing but get in his way. Glaring menacingly at the reticent princess, Kagato made it clear with simply his stare that she was not to follow him or to escape. The answering tremor of fear was enough to make Kagato smirk; he knew she would not move from her new home.

Striding confidently off to his office Kagato began placing the wheels in motion. He had been working slowly on this particular poison and now finally, it would all come to fruition. It didn't take long for him to contact his accomplice on Jurai. And it took even less time to agree upon a mutually safe meeting to discuss plans further. Ending the secured communication, Kagato laughed. Sometimes it's simply too easy.Looking at his watch Kagato shrugged idly as he realized his meeting would take place during the royal wedding. As if the marriage of the usurper to his whore matters to me. The pair would not miss his presence and he suffered no ill effects from the lack of invitation. It would be a perfect opportunity to take advantage; the entire empire would be focused on this wedding. No one would notice his departure or even give a second thought about his absence.

Rising from his seat, Kagato looked around for a moment. What to do until departure time? A cruel smile blossomed on his face as thoughts of all the games he could play with his new toy came to mind. Yes, now would be a perfect time to explore the hidden divinities of such a chaste royal vessel. Marching back out to the main receiving room, Kagato found the princess still huddled in the same corner he had thrown her in. Crouching down he grasped her chin with an unforgiving hand. Forcing her face up to his, Kagato could not stop the malicious smile from spreading as his prey easily read the lustful intention in his eyes. Ayeka shivering grew to a barely contained quaking as fear rose to the flashpoint and ignited into utter horror.

Kagato's other hand lowered to fist in the front of her gown. Rising to his feet he dragged her up as well. Bruising forceful hands fell purposefully on pallid, fragile skin. She would soon learn the full extend of his capabilities. Dragging her across the room to a closed door Kagato released the hand that was wrapped in loose hair to push open the door to the connecting room.

Sadistic laughter rang out across the now opened bedroom as Ayeka screamed when she saw the bed. Strength born out of vehement terror ripped Ayeka free from Kagato's fierce clasp. The sound of shredded fabric filled the air as Ayeka fought to escape. Swiftly gathering herself Ayeka raced on frantic feet towards the main door. Scant millimeters from the handle Ayeka came to a lurking stop. Her head snapping back with the force of the wrenching pull made by a demanding fist fastened tight at the loose ends of her hair.

Kagato's laughter became abhorrently profane. Hand over fist he reeled the princess in by her hair. And when he finally had her close enough he clenched a merciless fist in the hair at the base of her skull. There would be no forgiveness, no commiseration in his actions. His other hand rose to slap her harshly across the face, she would be taught a lesson for her insurrection. The hand fisted in her hair clenched painfully tighter, tearing a few strands out by their roots. Another scream rose to the back of her throat. Swallowing her shriek of terror Ayeka mustered up one last ball of courage. Strong enough to bolster her strength, Ayeka brought well-manicured nails up to claw at his face with all the ferocity of a wild cat fighting for its very survival.

Kagato howled at the jagged slashes made across his face. His attention slipped for a moment allowing Ayeka to break free. Ayeka wasn't a mean spirited woman but she did find a measure of enjoyment from his roar of pain. She darted swiftly back towards the door taking a second to look over her shoulder. Possibly the greatest mistake of her lifetime, she tripped over the ottoman the second her head was turned. Clattering to the floor Ayeka scrambled up as fast as she could. Only to be forcibly flipped around to face her predator as he towered over her. What kind of monster is he? There he stood, one hand again wrapped in great fistfuls of her hair the other reaching for the fabric of her gown. But his face showed not a single mark from her nails. How was she to ever escape him if she could never defend herself against him?

Terrified to her very core, Ayeka could do nothing more than tremble at his mercy. Quiet shuddering sobs huskily pattered the air as the vicious sound of more fabric tearing filled Ayeka's ears. This isn't happening to me, this isn't happening to me, this isn't happening to me. The only thought that existed in her mind ran in endless circles. If she could just find a corner of her mind where she didn't have to see, didn't have to feel, didn't have to know what was happening to her body, then she could deny it. The sound of torn fabric dominated the quiet space as delicately elegant fabric shredded beneath malicious fingers.

Kagato's smile grew all the more salacious as finally the last of her clothing had been torn away, revealing the young body beneath. Yes, he would enjoy teaching her a lesson. He would enjoy teaching her to obey, but most of all he would simply enjoy destroying her. Lowering his head to hers his mouth viciously plundered hers. Hands no longer busy rending fabric now ghosted harshly with near bruising force over supple curves.

Lifting his head to look her in the eyes, Kagato saw the numb distance. Sneering smugly he would not let her escape within herself. No, that would defeat the purpose of this little exercise. Instead with a unassailable voice that issued a painful command, Kagato demanded that she remove his clothing. When at first the princess remained immobile Kagato did nothing, but when she continued to remain still Kagato tightened the fist in her hair and shook her head brutally. Then with a fierce voice that cracked like a whip both throughout the room and within Ayeka's mind, Kagato issued the command again. This time, Ayeka was forced from the private corner of her mind. Forcibly ejected by the will and strength of Kagato's presence. Shaking pale hands lifted to undo clasps and buttons. Despite the difficulty and the delay, Ayeka eventually succeeded in divesting Kagato of his garments.

Horror filled eyes stared around the room, quickly surmising the change in location and position. During her internal sequester Kagato had apparently dragged her to the bed and now she could feel his hot loathsome breath panting out over her face. His now naked body pressed disgustingly into her exposed form. Waves of nauseated disgust brought the sharp sickening tang of bile to the back of her throat. She wavered back on her feet feeling unsteady and insecure.

Kagato meticulously read each emotion that rose and fell on Ayeka's expressive face. Her eyes bright with unshed tears and lips quivering with unvoiced sobs seemed suddenly so beautiful in their tragedy. His new doll was simply glorious and would be an absolute delight to break. Returning his concentration to her body, Kagato lowered his head to taste the cold sweat trickling from throat to clavicle.

Quaking shivers rocked Ayeka's body as she tried to hold in her screams of terror and revulsion. She knew better than to beg for him to stop and also knew that screaming for help that would never come would only worsen her situation. Closing her eyes and feeling the hot tears of shame fall, Ayeka resigned herself to her fate. She felt his hand rough and crude against her left breast. Grasping fitfully at handfuls of air, Ayeka shuddered as she struggled beneath the weight of his passion. Flung backwards and landing unceremoniously nearly dead center of the bed, Ayeka felt the barely contained scream push vehemently at the back of her teeth. With her jaw compressed into an agonizingly tight grimace, she held back the pounding force of her scream.

He bore down upon her, like a lion upon a felled gazelle. Resplendent with a toothy smile his hands tore at her skin. Biting and suckling and pinching he began to mark his property. Her struggles had ended with a silent whimper of acquiescence. She lay before him like a fantastic buffet of hedonistic pleasure. His legs easily forced hers apart, and his tongue quickly dove between her lips. Yes, she was a savory treasure to be enjoyed as ferociously as his instincts saw fit. He tore his hand out of her hair and grabbed her hand. Guiding it slowly down a path between their closely pressed bodies. He used her hand to grasp at her breasts to pull an unwanted reaction from her nipples. He knew her body's reaction was a combination of fear and direct stimulus, but such actions generally created great chasms in a girl's self-confidence. And he knew the very second the doubt began to filter into her mind. He saw the momentary pleasure and the self-loathing it brought with it. Oh yes, this new toy was going to be much fun. Clenching her hand harder he returned to his original intent. Down passed her diaphragm, beyond his hips was his ultimate goal. And when at last her hand was forced to grasp him he watched her break further.

Like a stone through a stained glass window she fractured and splinter into miniscule shards. The screams broke free from her throat: fierce, piercing screams of utterly disgusted horror. Horror at what she was doing, horror at what he was doing and horror for what she would become. No words just a continuous note of agonized suffering. Mingled in vindictive counterpoint to her screams were Kagato's beastly cachinnations. Despite her screaming he continued tormenting her, his hand forcing hers into motion. He lowered his lips to her ear and breathed hot foul words of possession and lust into her skull. Commanding her to continue to stroke him, Kagato lifted his hand from hers and returned to his previous tasks of ravaging her body.

Iam not doing this, I am not doing this, I am not doing this, I am not doing thisOn and on she thought to herself with part of her mind, while another part ensured her relative safety by continuing her given task. She felt his heavy hands on her body again and tired to ignore the putrid words he breathed heatedly into her ear. She wanted to vomit, she could feel the bile rising higher and higher. It was Kagato's furious growl and not the knock at the door that opened Ayeka's eyes in a blinding flash. Before she realized what was happening he was redressing himself and commanding her to remain where she was.

Slamming the door to his bedroom with the finality of a gunshot, angry strides easily carried Kagato through the space between bedroom and the front door. Ferociously opening the door, Kagato glare promised death to the unlucky fool on the receiving end. At the other side of the door stood the Minister of Commerce smugly returned Kagato's glare with a smirk. "What is it you want?" Kagato's voice was glacial cold and easily reflected his annoyance.

"There is word that the Princess Ayeka has been recently seen in your presence. I'm simply here to inform you that if you should mayhap know of her whereabouts, that you would please tell her of her required attendance at the wedding. Family and soon to be family are to be in attendance, which of course would include the young royal." The Minister of Commerce quickly glanced around the room for any signs of the princess as he said his last words.

Kagato's eyes narrowed and he pulled the door closer attempting to block the Minister's view of the tale-tell shreds of fabric scattered about the room. "If I see her I will tell her that her presence is required. Now I have important business to attend to so if you do not mind?" The tone of voice left no room for argument as Kagato began swiftly closing the door.

From behind the door Kagato growled. His playtime was going to be interrupted. Not only that, but now he had to find suitable attire for the princess before the ceremony began. Angered Kagato turned and stomped loudly back towards the bedroom. But as he entered and saw his little toy had remained exactly as she was left a smile easily replace his frown. At least she was learning, he thought smugly.

"Get up!" He commanded his voice harsh and strident in its tense anger. At the look of flustered confusing, Kagato sighed. "Get up, you have a wedding to attend to."

Ayeka rose numbly from the bed, lifting confused, tearful eyes to Kagato she silently questioned him. "Your soon to be, step-father is going to marry his bound whore. You are to attend the nuptials. Now you must hurry my pet and get dressed, there is not much time left before your absence will be noticed." His tone mocking Kagato sneered as Ayeka clutched at her tattered clothes.

Stumbling on shaky legs Ayeka floundered for a moment. Finally she gathered her shredded courage and scattered thoughts. Making her way towards the door Ayeka shivered as she could still feel his hands on her body. Somehow his touch had marked her just as surely as if she were branded. A couple of deep swallowing breaths stayed the encroaching flow of bile. Her world momentarily righted itself and she strove for some semblance of the pride and confidence she had before her brief journey through hell.

Kagato watched as she neared the door, realizing that his toy would have to explain her ravaged state. It would do her well to start lying now to the people that protected her. He wondered what lie she would arrive at to explain her tattered clothes. Shaking off his curiosity Kagato watched as Ayeka slowly reached for the door and then opened it.

A rattling sigh rose from her sore throat as she stepped through the entrance and exited the room. Closing the door behind her, Ayeka had never thought the cold solidity of marble could be the blessed benediction that it was to her jangled nerves. Wide dazed eyes swung fearfully from side to side, intent on assuring no one's presence in the hallway. Slowly Ayeka moved away from the wall. Neither cowering, nor strutting Ayeka walked steadily back in the direction she faintly remembered being dragged.

Trepidation turned once confident strides into timid halting steps. She trembled at the sound of voices, franticly searching for a hiding place to avoid the questions. Somehow, she managed to avoid everyone; servants, courtiers, guards and even clergy. Ultimately Ayeka arrived at her room. It had been neigh on impossible to steal into her chambers without being noticed. A tremulous hand turned on the water as she prepared to clean herself. Hot billowing plumes of steam raced towards her as she shrugged from the scraps of remaining fabric that hung at her shoulders and her clenched fist.

Numbly she stepped out of the remnants of that moment and into the searing cleansing heat. Standing under the fierce spray Ayeka allowed the tears to come. She slumped against the wall of the enclosure, hidden within the sting of the water the hot tears fell, as all her strength vanished under the stifling weight of her shame. Shaken and reeling, Ayeka cried. She had lost something precious in those desperate moments after her will to struggle had died. Finally, after holding back the waves of nauseating bile she could no longer choke back the tide. She emptied herself crouched over the drain. Deep hacking dry heaves tensed every muscle in her body as instinct forced every ounce of sustenance from her stomach. She remained like that for what felt like an eternity. Bent over the drain her body quivering with the last remaining fears Ayeka hid beneath the sopping curtain of her hair. Shielded from the outside she curled further in on herself allowing the scalding water burn away the phantom cicatrices left by his touch. At last the dry-heaves and tremors ceased, and she pulled herself back into a corner her back plaster against the cool tile shushing fears of his return with its solid chill.

Seconds easily slipped into minutes and minutes were lost just as fast. Still Ayeka remained huddled in her corner, the water's fierce spray warming her frozen soul. When at last the never-ending tears seem to run their course, the bitter cold remained. Then like the final tumbler in a lock falling into place Ayeka's courage reasserted itself. She refused to cower in addled fright. Such a lowly, odious man would not humble her. Rising to stand and reaching out an increasingly steady hand, Ayeka forced the water's heat higher. Her body instinctively twitched in pain as the scalding heat suffused pale skin with crimson. But after long minutes soaking under its drenching cascade Ayeka started to feel the blistering waters expurgate and burn away the cicatrix his touch had left on her.

Finally the loud clattering and commotion at the other end of the door to her bathing chamber drew Ayeka's curiosity. Wrapping herself in the thick, enormous towel provided Ayeka slowly stepped outside to the rest of her chamber. The bustling commotion was confusing to the bright pink princess. Servants fluttered and flitted about. The wedding was going to be underway at any moment, and still their lady was not dressed, her hair was not ready and she was unprepared for the formal ceremony. Stepping out into the flurry Ayeka allowed the bustle and fuss of her handmaids to lull her into a state of subdued withdrawal.

Handmaids and various other servants swarmed around her, fluttering hands and frivolous giggles floated through the air. Layer after layer of clothing settled over her body. Ayeka felt a slight sense of comfort and safety as she watched her body disappear beneath the layers of her Hada Juban and Naga Juban. The kimono itself was the easiest selection made, quickly chosen for its timeless sensibility and elegance. The soft gentle hue of pale lilac and creams showcasing her delicate beauty effortlessly. Ayeka had to admit that this kimono had to be her favorite of all her recent wardrobe purchases. From the soft texture of the lush fabric to the embroidered cranes that flew gracefully across the dress, the garment was meant to be worn and to be seen.

At last her handmaids pushed Ayeka to sit before the vanity. Slowly Ayeka descended to the cushioned seat, as two of her servants slid trained hands beneath her to prevent the dress from wrinkling. Seated Ayeka watched as again a flurry of activity bustled about her. A sheet was draped around her to protect her dress from stray hairs and hasty make-up. Three women deftly unbound Ayeka's hair while another four battled over her make-up color palette.

The makeup battle raged on as one of the ladies brushing Ayeka's long hair to help it dry began mentioning hair accessories and how that would affect the makeup color palette. Finally the eldest and most senior of Ayeka's handmaids arrived to the scene. Shouting directions and quickly barking orders, the seven women attending to Ayeka's face and hair quieted and hastily returned to their tasks.

Ayeka's nanny looked at the princess she had calmly raised for the past twenty-some years. A frown marred her matronly brow at the obvious distress of her darling girl. Something had deeply upset the princess and whatever it was, Esako was going to destroy it. Brutal determination glinted a harsh light in Esako's eyes as Ayeka continued to stare sightlessly at the reflection in the mirror. Nodding her head to both approve the finished product the handmaids presented, as well as, accepting her new course of action Esako smiled then turned on her heels.