Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Bound Through Space ❯ Confrontation with a Concubine ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Confrontation with the Concubine

The Emperor rose from his quite pontification to answer the demanding pounding at his chamber door. With hesitant dread he slowly opened the door to the one thing he feared most…a highly pissed-off Washu. Despite his fear the Emperor still felt the familiar stirrings of desire as he beheld his beloved. Flashing eyes that shone with an emerald fire as they glared at him. The erratic rise and fall of her ample bosom. The delicate blush that covered her face. The disheveled hair that cascaded around her face and framed her in a fiery halo. The succulent lips that were swollen from her penchant for biting at them appeared pouty and wanton.

Washu was, in her more calm moments an amazing beauty, but when she was angry she was simply a goddess. The greater her ire the greater her beauty. On that one thought the Emperor's emotions returned swiftly to fear. Extreme unbridled fear, truth be told actually terror. At that moment the woman standing before him silently seething in the entry of his doorway was for lack of a better description the perfect embodiment of sensual beauty. She radiated waves of sexual magnetism. Which if not for his certain imminent death, the Emperor would have long ago given into the temptation.

With cautious trepidation born out of an instinct of self-preservation, the Emperor moved back from the doorway enough for Washu to enter the room. With the opening offered Washu swept into the room with grandeur fitting the empress status she was prepared to demand.

With a small cough to clear her throat Washu began her rant. "So, I hear word that you are to marry again." At the look of pleading desperation, Washu issued her first warning of the conversation. "Our daughter informed me. So don't think you can backtrack out of this one. She knows the affairs of state better than you do. So, I hear that you are to marry another, before you marry me. Please explain how and why this is possible." Washu's calm, serene voice set the Emperor's heart pounding.

Trying to stave off the horrific images of his imminent death that appeared each and every single time he blinded the Emperor summoned his remaining courage. "Well..." The withering look that Washu dealt him stop his first sentence dead.

Resigning himself to the truth, the Emperor sighed. "It was the consulate's wishes again."

Defeated by her love's statement and crestfallen look, Washu's anger dissipated. "All I have ever wanted was to love you. If this is what you need to do than do it." Washu couldn't believe that she was once again giving up the opportunity of marriage to the only man she would ever love. Yet, if this was what he thought was best than she would go along. So what if her pride was dealt yet another crushing blow, the empire and his sanity was worth it.

Feeling a resolve he hadn't since he was young, the Emperor made his decision. "No, I will not allow the consulate to place one more person above you. I shall marry you first, and then this other queen. Which will fill my three-wife requirement." Walking to Washu the Emperor began to wrap his arms around her.

"Will you take her to your bed?" Washu questioned as she darted out of his closing embrace.

Hearing the faint tremor in her voice the Emperor realized the perilous balance that his relationship hung in.

"No. Ryoko fulfills my duty to beget an heir, and Sasami fulfills my responsibility to secure the throne in this bloodline. I have no need for anyone more than you. My family is my family and I will not forsake them." He replied hoping that his words would soothe the hidden pain and fear.

"Will you really marry me before her?" Washu said in a dreamy almost child-like voice.

"Yes, I have Megumi working on the final details now. The ceremony for us shall be preformed in... Oh... 15 hours time." The Emperor said as he gently enfolded Washu in his embrace.

"You know; it's really not fair that I can't stay mad at you." Washu pouted.

"Yeah, to you maybe. But I'm sure that's the only reason that I've remained alive for so long. That combined with my stunning good looks and godly sexual prowess." He nuzzled in her ear.

Unable to contain the laugh Washu burst into great peals of laughter. Huge guffaws shook the room as tears began to form in her eyes. "Oh...Yeah, that's it big boy! Your...hoo..hoo. Prowess. HA HA HAHA! Hold me back from Emperor SEX GOD. AHAHAHA. Woo hoo." Holding her stomach and falling out of his embrace and to the floor, Washu continued laughing.

"HEY!! I'll have you know that Misaki thought it wasn't half-bad." And with that the Emperor promptly slapped his hands over his mouth and fled for his life.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?!" Washu screamed as she tore out of the room after him. It was quite a site for the courtiers to see, the Emperor in all his regalia racing at full speed, screaming apologies over his shoulders, down the corridors away from an extremely perturbed concubine that was equally screaming death threats to the fleeing back in front of her. Then for no apparent reason Washu stopped.

Realizing that the threat of imminent death had been removed the Emperor bravely turned around. Only to see a dumbfounded Washu standing swaying in the breeze. Tentatively approaching her, the Emperor waved his hand in front of her face several times before cautiously poking a finger at her shoulder. With no response the Emperor drew closer and still Washu remained as still as a statute. Finally, stepping directly in front of her and looking deep into her eyes the Emperor tried to snap her out of her trance. And that was the dumbest tactical move he had ever made. With a speed that had previously only been exhibited by Ryoko, Washu pounced the surprised Emperor.


Straddling his waist and grabbing his wrists in each hand Washu let loose with a cackle so maniacal that the few courtiers left within earshot shivered in empathetic fear for the Emperor. "You didn't really think I'd gone catatonic did you?" Too afraid to summon his voice the Emperor could only nod.

"You poor stupid man. How dare you taunt you're soon to be second wife like that." Washu began, as she deliberately adjusted her position further down his body. "I mean think of what your honeymoon will be like if you do that. All work and no play makes men like you really crabby after one week."

Adjusting her position again Washu relished the look of frustration and fear on his face. "Yes, think of it two whole months of being trapped with me in a little bedroom, and me no more affectionate than Ryoko's dog '4Death'." At the wide-eyed look of horror Washu began to cackle again. Oh she did so love to torture him. Then a thought occurred to her. "How long did you say we had until the wedding?"

After seven tries to regain his voice the Emperor choked out a meager, "Fifteen?"


"Hot damn, I've got a lot of primping and planning to do." With a kiss to his cheek Washu shot off his lap and raced down the hall. After all, Megumi was only really good at planning the basics. For this wedding to be worth of her presence Washu would have to oversee the details.

"Death safely averted sire." Commented one of the guards that suddenly appeared at the Emperor's side, but were conspicuously missing during Washu's presence. Truth be told the Emperor couldn't blame them. Had it been him in their shoes, he would have headed straight for the hills at the sound of her voice rising above a whisper. "Yes, that it was, luckily." Once again the Emperor gave thanks to all the gods that existed in the heavens. But how lucky would he be when Ryoko discovered that with the simple whim of the consulate, she would no longer be First Princess of Caladan? How lucky would he be when Washu discovered that little fact!?!

The consulate was, as this very moment convening to question whether or not the soon- to-be stepdaughter should inherit the throne. It was not unheard of and as Ryoko was difficult, if not impossible, to control this new girl could be just the figurehead the consulate needed. The Emperor prayed to the Great Tsunami that for his empire's sake the consulate did not decided to strip Ryoko's title and bestow it upon the new princess. Not marrying Washu had nearly torn the empire; something like this involving Ryoko would definitely destroy it. Shaking his head and feeling every single ounce of his crown the Emperor doubted his day would get any better.