Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Bound Through Space ❯ Meeting wtih the Consulate ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Meeting with the consulate

Still wrapped in each other's arms and lost to each other's touch, the united lovers quietly slumber while the consulate gathered. Slowly one golden eye opened; looking around questioningly as for a moment the owner of said eye is disorientated. Confusion lifts her head and her hair tickles the nose of the man lying below her. With a soft moan Tenchi shifts slightly, refusing to awaken from another dream of his angel.

As memories supply the necessary information to Ryoko, the look of confusion melts to a look of joy. Turning her bullion eyes to his handsome face, Ryoko gently kisses Tenchi. Tenchi slowly opens his eyes, still unwilling to relinquish hold of his dreams and face the real world. It isn't until he feels the gentle stirring of the soft body next to him that his brain is immediately awakened. Eyes flash open to stare at the face before his. A face he had seen previously only in his dreams. Realization dawns as he slowly recovered his memories and joins the kiss.

Ryoko moans a contented sigh; he's awake finally. The kiss continues and deepens as the pair becomes lost in their love for each other. It isn't until the guards implore for the princess that the pair realize exactly how little time they have to prepare for the consulate. Groaning their unwillingness to part Ryoko and Tenchi both deepen the kiss before parting to dress.

That was over 2 hours ago and now Tenchi was feeling desperately hungry. There he stood before consulate member after consulate member, reciting the exact same information over and over and over again. He understood the need for ceremony but such formality and strict adherence to ritual was becoming excruciating. Attempting to not fidget and squirm under the intense scrutiny of the highest consulate members Tenchi tried to distract himself from his ravenous hunger.

Ryoko watched with sympathetic eyes, as Tenchi slowly grew increasingly impatient. She couldn't blame him. The consulate adored its formalities and its little rituals. She was hungry as well; the preceding 4 hours worth of activity having left her famished. Ryoko looked around the chamber room, there were only the last of the top consulate members to greet and then after that they were home free. Using the last remaining traces of her restraint Ryoko stood regally and grasped Tenchi's hand in a firm grip. A quiet gasp ran through the consulate members at this bold display of lack of decorum. With eyes locked forward still addressing the consulate members Ryoko's thumb caressed Tenchi's hand trying to reassure him. Tenchi, happy for the reassurance smiled slightly and squeezed Ryoko's hand lightly in return. Eyes remaining locked forward Ryoko smiled until the least savory of the consulate members stood before her.

"Princess Ryoko, I am most pleased to see that you have accepted your duties as bride to the young Prince of Jurai. We were certain that Lord Ibara was to have been the one to fulfill the pact requirements. The consulate has duly noted that the young prince at your side has already begun the first element of the betrothal ritual and we are most pleased with his evident capabilities. Only an imbecile could miss his obvious adoration of you, he is far better suited for our lovely princess than any of the other Juraian princes before. We of the consulate are most pleased with the turn of current events." The groveling Minister of Energy exuded slithery charm and oily charisma.

Tenchi watched as Ryoko shivered at the touch of the man before her. He silently growled, he hated this. He hated waiting for everyone to comment on him as if he were a prized stallion to be auctioned off to the highest bidder. He hated the feeling of being nothing more than an object to fulfill others desires and not to live his own life. And most of all he hated watching these lecherous old men use pomp and formality of ritual as an excuse to grope and molest his angel.

Tenchi watched with slowly growing anger as one by one the ministers' hands rose from Ryoko's hands up her arms across her shoulders, down her back and crossed again at the small of her back just before the swell of her posterior end, locked and pulled the princess in to the ritual hug of blessing. After the hug the ministers' hands would move around to her waist to rest just below her breasts as they addressed their concerns or approvals. Tenchi hoped that this whole ceremony would be over soon.

At last when Tenchi thought he was going to snap and kill the Minister of Energy the squiggy bastard sloughed away from Ryoko and twigged off, much to Tenchi's approval. But his relief was short lived, no sooner had the Minister of Energy left her side and approached him, then the most cruel looking man he had ever laid eyes on approached his angel. And now all he wanted to do was call this entire ceremony off. This single man had his proud, strong angel shivering.

He could feel the waves of fear and distrust, which were rolling around in her heart and mind, as if they were his own feelings. And for a moment he saw what it was that she feared so much. What this bastard had done to her behind a locked door within a dark room. Tenchi's eyes flared with hatred and anger, he would kill this bastard for touching his angel, for taking advantage of his angel's kindness and innocence. The hand clenching fiercely at his finally broke Tenchi's thoughts. White knuckles were the only outward indication as to how upset his angel really was.

The slight trembling was only noticeable to the touch for it was too faint for the eye. Ryoko was inwardly quaking with fear; inside she was cringing away from the man that had once tired to become heir to the throne by seducing its sole inheritor. Ryoko mentally shook her head, no to call what this bastard had tried to do to her seduction was like calling the fall she had, had when she was younger a short trip.

No, he had tried to rape her, such an ugly word rape, the meaning and the action so hideous. It had been an attempt to control her and just like any other attempt had fail miserably. His eternally present gloves showed the proof of it. In truth he was no longer a true flesh and body being, but instead an unadulterated luminosity holographic projection.

In a flash of defiant power the likes of which gods would have been amazed by, Ryoko had destroyed the man and the room that had house the evil act. In blind fear of both her powers and of the man Ryoko had run, getting lost in the forest outside of the tiny one roomed house. It had taken days for her to find her way, and by then she had figured that Kagato had died. After all who could survive such injuries and still live?

But live he had, with the assistance of the advancements of medical technology, Kagato was now nothing more than a brain living within a metal case that projected the solid light holographic image of a body around him. The technology used to transform light to solid was one that placed the Caladanian Empire in such dire need for alliance years and years ago. The Caladanian Empire was large but extremely peaceable, it was only an alliance through marriage and treaty that had saved the empire.

And so now with the strength of Tenchi's support and love behind her, Ryoko swallowed her fear of the man before her. He was nothing to her, Tenchi would protect her and there was nothing more that Kagato could do to her. He was now nothing more than an over-glorified light bulb. Even Tenchi had to chuckle at that thought, and there before the Minister of Defense, quavering smiles and stifled snickers bubbled up from both Tenchi and Ryoko.

It wasn't until Kagato noticed the change in Ryoko's demeanor from the scared little girl he had attempted to abuse, to the now smugly defiant beauty before him that Kagato's arrogant smirk transformed into an angered sneer. How dare she laugh at him! How dare they both laugh at him! Kagato turned angry narrowed eyes to Tenchi's disgusting face. And this bastard of Jurai thinks he can take what is rightfully mine? Kagato released his hold on Ryoko and turned from the couple abruptly, which only increased the pairs muffled snickers. Clenching his gloved hands into fists and straightening his back, Kagato silently seethed at the pair behind him. If they thought for one minute that he was something to be trifled with then they were sorely mistaken.

Turning enraged eyes on the consulate that stood before him, Kagato took a measure of pleasure from the group's general reaction to his anger. As all but two members of the consulate backed away from him, Kagato regained his smirk then turned back around to face the betrothed pair. Oh Ryoko would pay for this little incident, this little perfidy of his ownership of her. After all she was his… his puppet… his toy… and his to do with as he saw fit. And he couldn't wait for his plans to finally fall into place, for then she would know what he had known since the day of her birth. A leering grin spread across his face as his eyes ravaged the shapely form of the first princess of Caladan. And as for that Juraian whelp? He would also pay, and pay dearly…

Ryoko swayed momentarily as she felt an odd wave of emotions overcome her. She shivered, they weren't hers and they weren't Tenchi's. Reaching her powers further out she excluded friends and family. Then when she lifted her golden eyes to Kagato's face the wave hit her even harder. And when her eyes met his, she felt the bile rise from her stomach. Eyes wide with shocked fear she could not understand how it was possible for him to have somehow established a minor bond with her. And as he recognized the effect he was having on her, he bowed deeply and attempted to project a portion of all the things he intended to do to her once he had secured the crown for himself.

Sensing her fears, Tenchi turned concerned eyes to Ryoko and then followed her fearful gaze to the bowed minister and felt the wave of lust that emanated from the man like a foul stench. Tenchi stepped in front of Ryoko his gaze challenging Kagato and his stance fiercely protective. Standing from his bent position Kagato smirked. The whelp has a spine? How interesting? He still will not be able to keep me from that which is rightfully mine.

Kagato's eyes lifted to pierce Ryoko with a coldly lustful stare as one word echoed through her mind. MINE…

Ryoko started at the sound of the foreign voice, shaking perceptibly now, Ryoko momentarily cowered behind Tenchi. Tenchi's gaze locked on Kagato, he had also heard the possessive voice. Lowering his head and staring intensely at Kagato, Tenchi mentally dared the Minister of Defense to try and claim his angel. Kagato sneered, as he prepared to teach the man that stood between him and his puppet a lesson.

The entire room grew silent, nothing but the unvoiced challenge hanging in the air between the two men. Tenchi's face a mask of resolution and Kagato's one of arrogant confidence. Fractured seconds passed like hours while everyone in the room waited for one man or the other to step down from the tense stand off. And yet neither would yield. Tenchi remained firmly planting between the Minister and Ryoko. While Kagato remained poised to attack.

From behind Tenchi, Ryoko closed her eyes. She could hear Kagato, hear his thoughts. Not as clearly as those she willingly had formed a bond with, but she could hear him nonetheless. And within the faint trickle of thoughts she could partially see what he had planned. Not entirely, it was as if she was trying to feel the details on a delicately carved miniature with oven mitts on. She could only make out the most rudimentary of concepts. But the throne had something to do with it.

With a gasp Ryoko's eyes flew open in shock. He intended to do something. What she was not sure, for when she tried to probe deeper into the thought, she was shut out. Kagato stared directly at her, his eyes narrowing in anger. How dare she try and read his mind! The stand off between Kagato and Tenchi ended abruptly when the former man turned swiftly on his heels. Off handedly issuing words of congratulations and acceptance, Kagato strode determinedly away from the shocked pair.

And behind him the flabbergasted Consulate stammered and fluttered to issue the same sentiments of congratulations and acceptance before retreating behind their leader. Tenchi and Ryoko were soon left alone in the chamber room, staring confusedly at the recently closed doors. Tenchi turned in confused acceptance to Ryoko. Ryoko could only shrug still unsure about what had just occurred.

"Was it something I said?" Tenchi questioned with a smug grin on his face.

Ryoko chuckled. "Maybe? What did you say?" Smiling Ryoko stepped forward to wrap her arms around Tenchi's neck.

"Nothing that I know of…" Tenchi pretended to actually ponder his recent actions. Placing a hand on his chin and looking pensively up at the ceiling Tenchi deliberately ignored Ryoko attempts to kiss him.

"Well, I for one don't really care. Personally I'm just glad they left, leaves more time to spend discussing important matters." Ryoko continued to kiss along Tenchi's jaw.

"Hmmm…" Tenchi questioned distractedly, Ryoko's lips and curvaceous body flinging his concentration to the wind.

"Well there's the matter of where you are sleeping tonight. I think that's a very important topic. And then there's the matter of you meeting my parents. I'm sure they will love you. And then you've got to meet my little sister. Oh and then there's Ryo-ohki, but its simpler to let you meet her than to try and explain her. So much to do and so little time to do it in." Ryoko was enjoying the fact that Tenchi was no longer listening to a word she was saying, but instead beginning to respond to her slow seductive enticements.

"Mmm-hmm…." Tenchi mumbled as he kissed Ryoko deeply.

"Yoooooookooooooo!!" Sasami's voice reverberated through the hallways of the palace.

Ryoko attempted to pull away from the kiss, but Tenchi merely deepened the kiss swiftly eliminating any other thoughts from Ryoko's mind.

"Yoooookooooo!!" Click-creak-SLAM "Yoooookoooo!!" Click-creak-SLAM "Yoooookoooo!!" Click-creak-SLAM "Yoohoo, Yooookoooo, where are yooooou?!?" Click-creak SLAM. One by one Sasami checked each chamber room for her sister as she progressed down the hall.

Ryoko heard the doors slamming and after counting the number of slams and estimating Sasami's distance from the sound of her voice, Ryoko figured that any second Sasami would enter through the room that Tenchi and she were currently kissing. Ryoko redoubled her efforts to remove herself from Tenchi's embrace. And Tenchi thusly redoubled his efforts to keep her firmly within his embrace. And much to his anticipated joy, she caved and returned his passionate kisses with zeal.

Click-creak "Yoko? Nope, no Yoko!" SLAM! Click-creak "Yoko? Nope, no Yoko!" SLAM! Click-creak "Yoko? Nope, just two wierdos making out!" SLAM! "Wait a minute…" Click-creak "Yoko? Yoko? Yoko?!? Yoko! YOOOOOKOOOOO!!!" SLAM!!

Sasami had poked her head into the room and seen the pair kissing and groping like she had seen Dad and Mommy Washu once. The thought of her parents, still sent a shiver of revulsion up Sasami's spine. Ewww old people. Yuck! Shaking her head to clear the unsavory thought, Sasami called to her sister. Patiently at first and then after the first two calls, Sasami's became deadpanned as she received the expected result. Nothing. Finally she stepped fully into the room and screamed for her sister's attention deliberately slamming the door as hard as she possibly could behind her.

Neither the scream not the slamming door disturbed the pair. No, it was Sasami whispering in her sister's ear that did the trick. Tiptoeing lightly up to the lustful pair and grimacing the entire way, Sasami pursed her lips then whispered faintly in a singsong voice into Ryoko's ear. "Daddy's right behind me." Then she jumped back and waited for the words to settle.

Almost instantly Ryoko's eyes shoot open. Then she frantically pushed at Tenchi, whom was not altogether happy about the decision to end the little make-out session. Ryoko finally hissed at Tenchi, "My father's coming." And the words had the desired effect. Like a bucket of ice-cold water down his pants, Tenchi was suddenly and jarringly sober within mere fractions of a second. Stepping back from Ryoko and straightening his clothes Tenchi attempted to make himself presentable.

Smirking lightly Sasami walked up to the pair. "Don't worry Dad's way behind me. I just wanted to warn you." Sasami's eyes gave Tenchi a quick once over, then she gave a brief but polite bow and introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Sasami. If you haven't gathered yet, I'm Ryoko's little sister." At Tenchi's wide-eyed look of confusion Sasami smiled knowingly. "Yeah, I know we look nothing alike. I take after my mom and Ryoko doesn't look like anyone in the family tree." Sasami turned away from the pair and flopped into the closes chair.

Ryoko grimace at Sasami's behavior. Honestly she's beginning to act more and more like me everyday. That's not a good thing. "Sit up Sasami." Ryoko hated having to play the heavy but she refused to allow Sasami to become anything like herself. Sasami was to be a true princess. Ryoko had to smile at Sasami's adorable pout. Even now, at the ripe old age of twenty-two Sasami still tried to emulate her sister.

Grimacing slightly Sasami sat up, I'm not a child anymore, I may still look like it, but I'm not. So when will she stop treating me like one? Sasami glared at Ryoko then looked at Tenchi. The young man had an understanding smile on his face as he regarded her. She returned the smile and felt much better. He understood her. Nodding her head at him, Sasami sighed as her father and mothers entered the small chamber room.

Ryoko stiffened as her parents entered the room. She knew Sasami resented being treated as a child but she just couldn't allow the younger princess to become like herself. Frowning slightly at her father, Ryoko's thoughts returned to what she had sensed from Kagato. What exactly had he been thinking before he had left? Feeling the icy fingers of dread crawl up her spine, Ryoko shivered. Then giving Tenchi a reassuring smile placed the thought of Kagato out of her mind. She needed all her concentration and focus, in order to speak with her parents about Tenchi. Taking a great sigh, Ryoko prepared for the worse, namely her parents interrogation of Tenchi and herself.