Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Choices and Consequences ❯ Tenchi Masu Part 2 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenchi Muyo: Choices & Consequences: Tenchi Masu, part 2

I do not own Tenchi Muyo, or any of its characters or ideas, but I wish I did. As for this story, it was written as a sort of what if, while I wait for OVA 3 and GXP to be released stateside. I started on this after wondering, what if he actually did make a choice? For those that have read the "True Tenchi Novels" that detail the backgrounds on the characters, I have not read those. I guess you could say that this is an AU as I have made certain decisions on their backgrounds to fit my story. And if the Character appear OOC, there is a good reason.

I want to send a very BIG THANKS out to Doug Dennis and Ring Princess for helping me with this story's plot. Also I would like to thank Johnny G., Rob F. j_hawk46 and Kirk P for all the help with the grammar and spelling. With so many mistakes I needed a hell of a crew to fix them.

+++++

From Last time:

Washu put him on a table and began to check him over, and besides several broken bones and bruises he seemed to be ok, the worst part was that he had stopped breathing several times. When she had restored his breathing to normal and had him stabilized so that he was not in danger of dying she began to re-examine him. She feared that he might have suffered some brain damage or other problems, but she breathed out a sigh of relief when she discovered that he would be ok.

"This is good, brainwave, heart rate and bodily functions are normal again."

"That's good," Ayeka breathed a sigh of relief from beside him.

"Well I have the Masu rounded up, but I think some got away," Ryoko announced entering the room.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, there's not a lot of them things left," she shrugged, "I caught a lot more them, over half of them are gone."

++++++

And now

Tenchi Muyo: Choices & Consequences: Tenchi Masu, part 2

Blackness surrounded him, in all directions there was nothing for the eye to perceive. Blinking his eyes, he still could not discern a difference between when they were opened and closed. He could not even tell that he was standing on anything, yet he did not fall. "Where am I?"

"You are safe…" a voice responded. At first, he was not sure if the voice was in his head or from somewhere around him, but it was not menacing.

"Safe? I can't even see the floor." Even as he said the words he could feel the ground beneath his feet providing him support. When he realized he was receiving two distinct feelings from his feet he felt like jumping for joy, but not seeing anything around him yet he remained in his place and shouted out, "Alright! Its back!"

"Your leg? Yes, as is your arm."

He began to take in his surroundings and gently the light began to filter in around him. As soon as he could he looked at his hand, and his leg, "This is great!" He then looked around. "But where am I?"

A form began to come into view before him bathed in a bright light. As the light faded the form remained and he recognized it as Tsunami. "You are with me, you are safe."

"What happened?"

"I felt the Masu attacking you, so I protected you until you could be saved."

"You felt them attack me? How… why?"

"We are connected, in a way."

Tenchi was confused, "In a way?"

"Yes, though not like Sasami and I are." He looked at her trying to understand. "When Sasami was injured, to save her I assimilated partially with her, and in the next few years that joining will become complete. For you I just gave to you a power that would better suit you. But that power is still connected to me, though not bound to me."

"I… I think I understand." He scratched his head trying to understand. "But why am I here?"

"I had to pull your spirit and power away from your body for a moment so the Masu would not perceive you as a threat and allow your body to be rescued. You will be rejoined with it soon."

"So… I'm not in my body?" She shook her head, "I knew it was too good to be true," he said looking at his hand.

"No," she said brightly, "Washu's idea was a success, your body was joined with the Masu and when you return to your body then you will be whole again." He smiled happily. "But I had another reason for bringing you here."

"What is it?"

"Times are changing Tenchi, and certain things need to happen…"

"What things?" He realized that she sounded nervous and a nervous goddess was not a good thing; this made him nervous as well.

"Tenchi, the time will come when Sasami and I must leave here…."

"Leave! You can't leave!" He interrupted her frantically.

"But we must."

"Why?" He pleaded with her.

"That I cannot tell you yet, but as I said, certain things must happen. You will have at least two more years before we are to leave."

"Just two years?"

"I know it does not seem long enough, but we will be needed elsewhere." She tried to reassure him, but she knew that Sasami would be crushed when they had to go, but hopefully she could have the others ready in time so that the pain they felt would not be so great. "Tenchi," he looked up as she called his name, as he had been unaware that he was staring at the ground. "Please, do not make this harder on her. She will need your support and encouragement. If you fight this, then it will only hurt her more in the end."

Thinking it over Tenchi realized that she was right and he grudgingly agreed. "Ok, I may not like it, but I will give her all of the support I can."

"Thank you Tenchi," she told him and placed her hand on his cheek. "It is time for you to return…"

Tenchi blinked his eyes open then instantly regretted it, he groaned out something about the lights and he placed his left hand over his eyes so he could open them again.

"Ah, welcome back Tenchi."

He heard the voice and he tried to force him mind to think about who it could be. 'I haven't been squeezed to death so it must not be Ayeka or Ryoko…' he thought then sighed. "Washu…"

"You don't sound too happy to see me."

"Can you dim the lights a little…" he groaned out. From beside him he could hear her chuckling. "It's not funny. Where's…" he was going to ask where his wives were, but a pair of voices interrupted.

"TENCHI!" He heard two people yell out, and he barely had time to move his arm before one of them plowed into him knocking him off the bed.

"Oh Tenchi! I'm so glad you're ok! I've been worried about you!" The voice said quickly before they even touched the floor. When he landed, it was on something soft, so he assumed he had landed on her.

Tenchi blinked a number of times and was about to open his mouth when a second set of arms wrapped around him. "Oh Tenchi! I was so scared… are you ok now? I missed you!" From the shape of the form and the voice, he knew that Ayeka was leaning over his back as he was laying on Ryoko.

"I'm fine…" he finally told them while placing is left arm under Ryoko. He smiled as he could feel her again through his hand. 'Tsunami was right, they did grow back,' he thought happily. Twisting slightly he placed his right arm around Ayeka and he rolled so that he was on his back on the floor.

Upon coming in contact with the floor, he was suddenly aware of several things. First of which, was that the floor was cold, followed quickly by the realization that so was his whole backside. This then made him aware that he was in a hospital gown, which was open in the back. But all of that meant nothing to him as he could feel again with his left arm and leg. "It's good to be back," he told them happily and pulled them both of them into a tight embrace, which they returned happily.

"You've been out for several hours," Washu told him. "I'm not sure how it happened, and I'm sorry. But the Masu…"

"I know mother Washu."

"You do?" Three voices chorused.

He groaned slightly as his eyes became adjusted to the light, and as he thought he was holding Ryoko and Ayeka while Washu watched from nearby. "Yes, Tsunami…"

"I should have known!" Washu threw her arms up and paced around.

"What did she do?" Ayeka asked him.

"She said she… pulled my spirit out of my body…"

"She what!" Ryoko shrieked.

"The Masu felt the wings and reacted, they were scared of it… but I felt some trying to help me…"

"That's not possible," Washu said dropping onto her floating pillow.

"I don't know, but I heard them ask what I wanted and I felt them agreeing, then it changed. Some of them…"

"Wait…" Washu interrupted, "they asked you?"

"Yea, it was kind of strange," he added with a slight grin.

"I'll say," she mumbled as he watched the scientist lean back thinking. Sitting back up she smiled at him, "Though it looks like the Masu did their job, you're back to normal and your broken bones are completely healed, and in record time too."

"Broken bones?" He asked then thought better of it as he really didn't want to know right now. "Ayeka, Ryoko," he said quietly, prompting them to look at him again. "There's something that we need to talk about."

"Oh?" they asked nervously. Having lived with him for many years, they've become able to pick up on when something was troubling him. Ryoko appeared behind Ayeka and helped her off the floor, while Tenchi lifted himself up onto his feet.

Standing before them he grinned like a fool and looked down at his feet. "I've never realized how much I take things for granted…" he mused as the other three laughed. After finally getting them or at least Washu to wait outside this little room, Tenchi put on a change of clothes that Ryoko had brought for him. The conversation he knew he was going to have with them in a few moments was not going to be an easy one. But time had taught him that it's best to tell them outright and soon to avoid the pain and problems later. 'Well as much pain as possible,' he thought.

However, his talk with them was put off for several hours. After stepping out of Washu's Lab into the living room, his family rushed him. Each one was blubbering and crying about how happy they were that he was back to normal. It took him some time to pry his father off him, and even longer for Mihoshi. Ayeka and Ryoko he did not have to worry about since they had tackled him earlier. Ryo-Ohki was attached firmly to his new leg in her toddler form with Sasami holding on to his other leg.

Tenchi jumped when he heard a voice from behind him; "It's good to see you're back on your feet."

Jerking himself around, he came face to face with a smiling Yosho. "Yea, it seems I've got more than luck on my side."

"True, but luck will not win you a battle, I wish to see you at the shrine early tomorrow."

"Why? I thought you said I won the duel!"

"That you have," he laughed, "but I want to see how well you remember your training."

"Ah, do I have to?" Tenchi whined prompting those around to laugh or snicker softly in remembrance of his past attitudes towards training.

"Yes, and I want you there too Ryoko," he said pointing a finger at the former pirate.

"Me?"

"Yes, it was your idea to train him; I want to see how good of a teacher you are. I have a feeling you've been soft on him."

Ryoko's face reddened, "I may have been soft with him in bed, but not on the field," she almost shouted.

Immediately Ayeka began to laugh and Mihoshi's face turned a bright red. "Ryoko!" the elder princess scolded, "You needn't tell him that!"

"Huh?" Ryoko then thought about what she said and the family was treated to a rare sight as Ryoko began to blush and sputter. "Well… I-I you see, that is… I didn't mean to…"

Walking up behind his sputtering wife, Tenchi placed his arms around her, and then placed his head near her ears before speaking, "You may have been the softer one, but I'll never complain."

"TENCHI!"

"Well sister," Ayeka added playfully, "it looks like you've finally met your match in being brash."

"Shove it princess!"

"Oh such language," she giggled.

The pirate grumbled a moment then added, "Well at least we know he wasn't soft on you."

"WHAT!" The two glared at each other, "How dare you… um…" Ayeka seemed to calm down quickly when she heard Mihoshi laughing. When she looked to her brother, a giggle escaped her, as Yosho was looking between them with a very red face.

"I… think I will be going now…" he told them as he tried to rush out the door.

"I've never seen him that way," Ryoko added with an evil smirk. "As for you…" she said as she turned to face Tenchi. "You are going to have to be extra hard on me tonight."

"Oh my!" Mihoshi giggled and blushed.

He just raised an eyebrow at her as Nobuyuki began rushing around… "I've got to find it… I've got to find it! My son's finally a man… I've got to write this down in the album…. You there stay right there so I can get a picture!"

"Oh boy," Tenchi sighed then rested his head on Ryoko's shoulder who just patted his back while trying to contain her laughter.

"I've got it!" Their father bubbled as he rushed them to get a picture. "Now just stand right there, and smile!"

"Tenchi," his wives called to get his attention.

"Huh, yea?"

"Your father…" Ayeka started to say, but Ryoko interrupted.

"You mean our father now."

"Yes, our father said to smile. Don't you feel like smiling?"

"Our father…" the two girls turned to see that Nobuyuki was frantically wiping tears out of his eyes.

"Sorry, I was thinking about something… I can't believe how lucky I am." He hugged them close, and none of the three noticed his father taking their picture. "Just yesterday I could not stand on my own, and you didn't turn away from me… even though I hurt you both…"

"Tenchi…" Ryoko wanted to say more, but a lump in her throat choked the words out.

"I love you both; I never want to lose either of you…" He leaned in and kissed one, and then the other as his father continued to take pictures, still none of them noticing. Finally, Tenchi looked up from them to see that his father was still taking pictures.

Nobuyuki watched as Tenchi pulled them closer. He maneuvered them so that they were leaning on him and their sides were facing the camera. A wry grin then played across Tenchi's lips as he made a show of moving his hands out away from the girls. His hands moved down their bodies until they were just inches away from their protruding backsides. Choking back a laugh, Nobuyuki positioned his camera to get their reactions. Hearing a giggle beside him, he cocked his head to the side to see that Mihoshi was nearly beside herself trying to contain her laughter, though she seemed to be failing. Both watched as Tenchi counted down from three to one silently, before he grabbed both of his wives.

"Tenchi!" A voice called from the doorway just as his hands pinched his wives who let out twin shrieks of surprise just as the camera flashed. Sasami watched as Tenchi barely ducked the twin slaps from his wives and she could only laugh as they both tried to catch him. Her eyes turned to Nobuyuki who was watching with tears in his eyes. From her connection to Tsunami, she knew what he was thinking about, but instead of feeling sad, she felt a sense of elation. 'Soon his sorrows will be over,' Tsunami told her, 'he now has Washu to help.'

Trying not to laugh too hard, Sasami went back to the kitchen to finish preparations for dinner that night, and since Tenchi was now fully healed, they had a lot to celebrate. She had just returned to her preparations when a shrill scream echoed through the house. Dropping the cookware Sasami raced back into the living room. Nobuyuki stood with his mouth agape. Mihoshi stood beside him and her eyes were much wider than she had seen them before. Both of them seemed to be looking in the same direction, so following their gaze she saw her sister standing in front of one of the large windows. She seemed to be staring out the window with her hands over her mouth trying to stifle another scream.

Moving beside her sister, Sasami looked out the window to see Tenchi and Ryoko, lying on the deck staring back at what she first thought was Ayeka. "What's wrong?" She asked worriedly causing her sister to jump in a very un-proper way.

Tenchi stood up with Ryoko floating behind him. He walked to the glass and put his hand on it as though he were inspecting it.

Sasami was becoming very worried, but before she could move Washu bounded out of her lab over to the window and looked at it, then at Tenchi before she smirked at him. "Miss Washu," Sasami called to get her attention, "what happened?"

"Well it seems that Tenchi has just used one of his new powers," she stated in an all too happy manner.

This seemed to reanimate the princess. "What do you mean new powers?"

Pressing his hand on the glass Tenchi smiled as his hand began to pass though it causing Sasami to jump back surprised. Slowly Tenchi forced more of his hand, and arm through the glass before pulling it back. The lopsided grin on his face reminded Sasami of how her sister looked when she was given a new toy.

Ryoko touched his shoulder smiling as well before he tried it again, this time he reached through and nearly touched Ayeka before she fainted. But before she could hit the ground Tenchi rushed through the glass and caught her. The whole time Sasami was just standing and watching this in awe. She had only seen two that could do this before so easily, Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki…

Ryoko passed thought the glass as well as Tenchi moved his other wife to the couch. "Tenchi…." She said excitedly, "You… you… phased…"

"Quite right my daughter," Washu added rather smugly. "And there's no telling what he may do in the future as well!"

"What do you mean Mother Washu?" Tenchi asked.

"You now have the Masu cells in you and they will continue to bond with your body, and you may very well pick up some more of Ryoko's abilities…"

"Why?" Both Tenchi and Ryoko asked as one then they grinned at each other.

Washu just sniggered at them, "Because you both have the Masu cells in you, and Ryo-Ohki too has them, though both Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki will still be better at it that he will."

"Why's that?" Mihoshi asked as she moved closer.

"Because, Ryoko and Ryo-Ohki each have a gem which boost their powers!" Washu began to laugh though to everyone else it seemed she was cackling like the mad scientists in a B movie.

Ryoko hung her head as her mom cackled; though Tenchi reached out to hold her hand. His other hand held Ayeka's as she rested on the couch. She had still not woke up from passing out, and he knew he would have to explain this to her. He had to admit to himself that this was definitely a shock; he could barely believe it as well. Ryoko had been chasing him around the room when she had tackled him sending them flying through the air. Both had been laughing through it all, at least until Tenchi saw that they were headed for the window. He didn't have time to warn her, or to get her to phase, so he just wrapped his arms around her and the next thing he knew they were out outside. No shattering glass, no debris falling, and there was not even a scratch on the window.

Ryoko had looked bewildered and asked how they got outside, which had caused Tenchi to become concerned. "If you didn't do that, then who did?" He had asked her. She had no answer then, but now everything seemed to be making more sense to them both.

Once his other wife had finally became conscious again he moved her to a sitting position and then moved in behind her so that she could lean on him. Nobuyuki just gushed about the changes in his son though Tenchi ignored most of it. "Ayeka, are you ok?"

"Huh? Oh yea…I was…" she stopped and spun around to inspect him carefully. Heedless of the others watching she examined his face, his neck, and then deftly lifting up his shirt she examined his chest, sides and back before moving to his arms.

"Ayeka! Ayeka! Ayeka!" Tenchi yelled between laughing and blushing from embarrassment. He finally got her to stop by holding on to her hands. "Ayeka, I'm fine… are you ok?"

"But... the glass and you went through… and…"

"I'm ok… I fazed us through it," he told her softly.

Her eyes went wide, "You!?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"Well it was really the Masu," Washu added breaking in. "The Masu reacted to the threat by phasing him through the glass and since Ryoko was being held by him, her too."

"The Masu did that?" Ayeka repeated looking between Tenchi and Washu.

For the next thirty minutes Washu gave anyone that would listen a detailed description of what the Masu could do for him now that they had become a part of him. Surprisingly there were three that listened with rapt attention; those same three happened to be married to each other. And so for the first time since being freed from her prison, Washu had a very eager audience. At least she had them until Sasami came back into the room and announced it was dinnertime.

To be honest Washu had not even noticed when Sasami had left the room, but she guessed it must have been after Ayeka woke up. But regardless of when she left, she had made up for it in the amounts of food that were now available to them. Once dinner was served, Ryoko took to celebrating the most, though Ayeka then Tenchi closely followed her. Though Tenchi only had one drink of sake; Ayeka had even less, but she made up for it with her tea. Nobuyuki thought for sure that Ryoko would drink all of the sake in the house, so he made sure to hide some of it. However with having Tenchi back to full capacity and then some, he could of cared less if she had drank every bottle in the house.

+++++

To be Continued…

I could always use help with pre-reading the story before the next chapter is posted. If you would like to help please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffru/
I have the next several chapters posted there for my beta readers to help me on.