Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Life before Life ❯ Science Academy or Bust! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Life Before Life.
 
What was Washu's life like before she came to earth? How exactly was Ryoko created and why? And what about the war between the Goddesses?
 
~
Hello my name is Btrue and this is my first attempt at a fanfic in.. Years. ._. My grammar has hopefully improved so wish me luck. =3
~
 
“No Tokimi! I'm not going to pick a side! Don't you understand that there has to be a balance?. If the balance is broken then our universe will end.” Yelled a frustrated Washu while glaring at her two sisters.
 
Both Tokimi and Tsunami wished for her to join a side so that one of them would win. Washu being the goddess of chaos, neither good nor evil had the power to tip the war in either favor causing one to win. Both were to wrapped up in their war to realize Washu was right. Not that it mattered to them; if the universe was destroyed they would live on and start a new one, just like pressing the restart button on a game.
 
“Sister you don't have a choice.” Tokimi said in a cold tone.
 
“You can't force her to your side Tokimi.” Replied the gentle voice of Tsunami.
 
“Like hell I can't!” Tokimi yelled starting another argument.
 
“Quiet!” Yelled Washu, fed up with the war. “I'm sick of this! If you need me I'll be on the mortal plain, but I suggest that you don't bother me!” She said as she faded from their dimension to the mortal one.
 
“Humph, she spends to much time with the mortals. Next thing you know she will want to choose a planet like you Tsunami, or worse live among them!” Commented Tokimi in disgust.
 
“You are only upset because every time you guard over a planet the people all die out.” Tsunami said as she too left for the mortal plain, back to her planet Jurai.
 
~
 
Ending up on a small planet Washu looks around at the people walking by. Unseen to them she walks into the crowd and explores the area.
 
“I hear that the new clothing store, “Ze Sheek” has all of the latest fashions but they are so expensive!” Said a girl walking by with a group of friends.
 
“Oh I know! If only we could afford to go shopping there.” Added one of her friends giving Washu an idea.
 
As she followed the girls they finally led her to the store they praised so much, looking into the window Washu observed all of the latest clothing hits to the planet. Snapping her fingers her formal goddess clothing became clothing matching that to what was in the store. As her clothing changed she also allowed herself to become visible to the mortals. Spinning around she wanted them to see her new outfit, A long red summer dress that fit her every curve while not being to revealing yet sexy enough to get any man to drop before her drooling.
 
Now walking down the streets fully visible she was getting many looks in her direction, even a whistle or two. Grinning she was enjoying the attention which helped keep her mind from her sisters.
 
After a while of strolling along she came across a small dinner, as she walked by a heavenly smell came from the place that she just couldn't resist. After deciding to walk in she was shown to a small table for one in the back a window seat. After being given some time to chose what she would like she placed her order and waited. Conversations with loud voices filled the room but she tuned it out. As she gazed out the window she saw a small girl walking by. She looked as if she hadn't eaten in a while. The girl stopped and looked in but was quickly shooed away by one of the employees.
 
Washu sighed. “Curse my good side.” She said as she stood up and walked to the employee who had shooed the girl away.
 
“Excuse me but why did you send that poor child away?” She asked in an annoyed tone.
 
“Poor child? Exactly the reason, the child had no money. She had no reason to be here!” Replied the snobbish employee with his nose held high. “Now excuse me while I attend to paying costumers.”
 
Now fully enraged by his lack of compassion, Washu left the place and caught up with the girl. “Excuse me?” She said as she tapped on the girl's shoulder that quickly jumped from surprise.
 
“I didn't do anything!” She said in a scared voice.
 
Washu laughed a little. “I know you didn't. I was just wondering if you are hungry?” She asked in a gentle tone.
 
The girl nodded and with washu they walked back to the restaurant. To the employees dislike the girl placed her order and happily ate lunch with Washu.
 
After a few hours of talking the girl and Washu went their separate ways. Now it was getting late and Washu still had no plans to return home. She decided to check into a hotel and went off in search of one. It didn't take long and before she knew it she was relaxing on a nice big bed.
 
“These mortals know how to live.” She said to herself as she relaxed. Looking around the room she saw few things that really caught her attention. Then she noticed a door leading to the room next to her, curiosity getting the better of her she jumped up and walked to the door. As she was about to turn the doorknob she heard a voice from the other room. It was a man's voice.
 
“Yeah I'm going to the academy first thing tomorrow.” He said as washu peaked into the room. There was a tall, tan, blonde pacing the room while talking on the phone.
 
~He is cute..~ Washu thought as she stared at him.
 
“I'll be majoring in mechanics mother I already told you that.” He said in an annoyed voice when all of a sudden he saw Washu peaking in. A slight blush came over his face as he returned her stare. “I..I have to go” He said as he hung up.
 
Blushing Washu quickly shut the door retreating back to her room. “I think I best be going now” She said to herself as she left the hotel room, back to her realm. Moments later the door opened as the man looked around, only to find an empty hotel room.
 
Mortal days went by that normally seemed as mere seconds to Washu now seemed like years. She couldn't stop thinking of the man she had seen. She didn't know why but his face wouldn't leave her mind. Not even the constant war between her sisters could get her to stop thinking of him. Remembering that he had mentioned an academy she decided to look in on it. She soon found that the man she had met attended a science academy that was the top science academy out there. For days she spent her time watching him in class and learning more about him, slowly she found herself falling in love.
 
Her sisters didn't like this one bit.
 
Not being able to stand this a moment longer Tokimi came to Washu alone one night while she lay watching her mortal love.
 
“Washu this nonsense must stop!” Ordered Tokimi sending Washu a death glare.
 
“You may be the oldest dear sister but you are not my boss.” Stated Washu as she screen disappeared.
 
“You are a goddess, why do you allow yourself to become so attached to a foolish mortal?” Tokimi questioned, confused by her sisters actions. “He will die and you will live one, there is no point.”
 
“If he was gifted by a goddess he would live on..” Washu said in a playful tone.
 
“Don't even think it Washu it will only lead to trouble in the end.” Tsunami said as she joined her sisters.
 
“Why don't you two mind your own business?” Asked Washu in an annoyed tone.
 
“You are our business dear sister.” Stated Tokimi.
 
“Yeah only because both of you want me to help you.” Washu said as she stood up. “I'm tired of this!”
 
“Washu calm down.” Tsunami said in a worried tone.
 
“Calm down? I have been listening to you two fight since the dawn of time! I'm tired of it!” Yelled Washu.
 
“Then join one of us and end it!” Yelled Tokimi.
 
“Oh I'll end it all right!” Washu yelled back. “I'm going to the mortal world to stay! I'm giving up my goddess powers and becoming mortal!” Before either could react Washu was gone.
 
Arriving at the academy Washu changed herself mortal, erasing all memories of being a goddess but leaving a great knowledge for science and the memory of the mans face burning in her mind. She enrolled herself in the academy and was given a dorm room.
 
~
 
“Oh that fool!” Growled Tokimi in anger.
 
“Oh my.. she sure lost her temper this time, I hope she didn't do something she will regret.” Whispered Tsunami.
 
“I'll give her ten mortal years before she is on her knees begging the gods for help.” Tokimi said with a grin.
 
“I bet she lasts longer, she is a tough girl.” Tsunami said with a nod. The bet was on.