Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing is what it seems to be ❯ Lizard troubles ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nothing is what it seems to be

A/N Well this is going to be the first shoujo-ai fic I have ever written, so I hope everyone will like it. I do not own any of these characters, Pioneer does.

Reviews are always welcome. Enjoy the fic.

A loud explosion could be heard from the Masaki house. Shortly after that two women came stumbling out of a closet, both covered in dirt and looking like a mess.

"This is the last time I will EVER test one of your stupid new machine's again!" Ryoko shouted at the smaller woman while dusting herself off.

Washu made a face at her daughter, replying, "You shouldn't have messed with the settings, then everything would have been fine. Sjeeze, you're starting to act like Mihoshi. One of her is enough already."

Ryoko rolled her eyes a bit and shrugged while muttering, "Whatever," before teleporting herself outside onto a branch of her favorite cherry-blossom tree. She decided to take a short nap, since lunch wasn't going be ready in quite some while.

***

After a short while Ryoko heard someone calling her name. Groggily she sat up and yawned while she looked around who could have disturbed her nap. She yawned again and when she heard her name again she spotted Sasami and a humanoid Ryo-Ohki running towards the blossom trees.

"Ryoko! Come down and see what we caught while playing in the garden!" Sasami shouted up.

Ryoko looked downwards curious and saw that the girl was holding something in her closed hands. She smiled and floated down, "What'cha got there, kiddo?"

Sasami giggles and opened her hands just a little bit. Ryoko hunched down and looked closely at what was in Sasami's hands. Ryo-Ohki meowed a bit then said barely audible and with a couple of meows in between, "Is a lizard. Was sunbathing on a rock." She giggled softly, "Almost got away"

Ryoko chuckles softly at this. Sasami had been helping Ryo-Ohki with talking and Ryo-Ohki had been a quick student. "May I hold it for a bit?" She asked. Sasami smiled and nodded, opening her hands a little more so Ryoko could take the lizard. But as soon as there was a larger opening, the lizard slipped out of the hands and made a dash for freedom. Sasami tried to grab it, but just missed it. Seeing the little girl's pouting face, Ryoko smiled and teleported away, only to reappear a little later. She opened her hands gently and placed the lizards into Sasami's hands. Sasami smiled at Ryoko thankfully and giggled.

"Say how about we go show it to Ayeka? I am pretty sure she would love to see what you caught." Ryoko said as she ruffles Sasami's hair.

Sasami smiled at this then look up at Ryoko, pouting and asked, "Will you fly us over to the house?"

Ryoko laughed softly at this and nodded. She waited till Ryo-Ohki had climbed on her back before picking up Sasami and holding her close to herself, so Sasami could keep holding the lizard. As soon as they were flying in the air, she heard Sasami giggle while Ryo-Ohki asked for her to go harder. Ryoko grinned lightly and flew a little higher, then dashed downwards, twirling around before she started to fly straight ahead again, only barely above the ground.

When they reached the house, Ryo-Ohki reverted back to her cabbit form and climbed onto Ryoko's shoulder, gently rubbing her cheeks against Ryoko's. She felt Sasami gently tug at her sleeve and looked down at her, seeing Sasami looking up at her with puppy-eyes, "Can I go flying with you again sometime? Please?"

Ryoko chuckled and nodded, "of course, but please stop the puppy look." She looked at Ryo-Ohki accusingly and scolded softly, "You taught her that, didn't you?" At this Ryo-Ohki tried to look as innocent as possible and let out a sad meow. Ryoko grinned and softly poked the cabbit's nose.

***

At almost the same time, Ayeka came walking out of the house, with the idea of taking a look at how Tenchi was doing and if Ryoko was not bothering him. Upon seeing her sister she smiled, but when she saw Ryoko standing behind her, her smile lessened.

Sasami ran up towards Ayeka and said, smiling, "Take a look at what I found this morning, Ayeka." She opened her hands a little bit, but made sure not to open them to much, remembering that the lizard could get away at even the smallest opening.

Ayeka hunched down to take a look in Sasami's hands, when suddenly the lizard poked his head out, causing Ayeka to let out a high-pitched scream and stumbling back.

Ryoko looked at this a little amused and took the lizard from Sasami and held out in front of Ayeka. "What is wrong? Scared of a little lizard, miss prissy pants?"

Looking very pissed at that moment, Ayeka stood up and yelled, "T-That thing is just as filthy and horrifying as you are!" She slapped at the lizard in Ryoko's hand and ran away before she could see the hurt look on Ryoko's face.

Ryoko took Ryo-Ohki from her shoulder and set her on top of the little princess' head, before teleporting away, taking the lizard with her for the second time today.

Blinking softly, trying to understand what just happened, Sasami shrugged and walked into the house with the idea it was time to start lunch. She mumbles softly at Ryo-Ohki, "Why can't those two not fight for a change and be nice to each other?" This earned a small meow from the cabbit, letting Sasami know she agreed with that.

***

Reappearing in Washu's lab, Ryoko went out to search the petite scientist. She spotted her near a weird looking machine and looked over Washu's shoulder, softly asking, "Are you busy or do you have time to help me?"

Washu jumped up startled and bumped her head in the progress. She turned around to look at Ryoko, while holding her head with a pained look and screamed, "What the hell are you trying to do to me? Give me a heart attack just cause of what happened this morning?" She suddenly blinked softly at the blank look on Ryoko's face and calmed down a little bit. "Had a fight again, he? And now you need my help with fixing everything you broke?"

Ryoko let out a soft groan as she continued to look at the scientist with the same blank expression. "No. Why does everyone always think I start a fight? I walked away from it, okay?" She took the lizard out of her hands and held it in front of Washu, causing another yelp to emit from her mouth. Ryoko rolled her eyes softly, "Do you happen to have something to keep this lizard in? Sasami and Ryo-Ohki found it this morning and showed it to me, but Ayeka slapped it away from me saying it was just as filthy and horrifying as me."

As Ryoko watched Washu, she started rummaging around in some dark part of her lab. "So you're searching for something for that little creature." Not finding what she was searching for, she started looking somewhere else. "A terrarium you mean." Not finding it there either, she let out a frustrated growl, "Stupid things are never found when you need them. Maybe I should made some device to located my stuff sometimes." She started searching in yet another spot as Ryoko blinked softly at the stuff that appeared. Finally Washu cheered triumphantly, "Found it!" She came running back to Ryoko and held up a rather big terrarium, already filled with rocks, small plants and whatever needed for the lizard.

"Um isn't that one a little big for this small lizard?" Ryoko asked with a sweatdrop forming in the back of her head.

Washu shook her head, "Nonsense, they need their space. This terrarium had everything it'll need. The only thing you have to add is food, of course. There is small red light installed at the top for keeping it warm." She took the lizard from Ryoko and placed it into the terrarium, carefully putting the top back up and handing it over to Ryoko again.

Ryoko smiles thankfully and waved as she teleported out of the lab again, heading towards Sasami.

***

Sasami was already busy working on lunch when she spotted Ryoko, sitting on the table and smiling as she held something behind her back. She looked at her curious and asked, "What is that behind your back, Ryoko?"

Ryoko grinned softly and answered, "A little thing for you, kiddo. I do not think you sister is going to be too thrilled though." She held out the terrarium in front of her and watched the expression on Sasami's face.

A look of utter joy formed itself on Sasami's face as she leaped up to Ryoko and hugged her tightly, "It is really for me? You got the lizard back?" She looked up at Ryoko as the latter nodded and smiled widely. "Thank you so much, Ryoko" She gently took the terrarium from her and placed it onto a spot on the counter. "I will bring it upstairs to my room when I am done with lunch, till then it can stay here right?"

"Of course it can, I do not know if your sister will be happy with a lizard on her room, but she'll just have to get used to it, right kiddo? She can't have things go her way all the time." Ryoko gently ruffles Sasami's hair and smiled, "If you'll need my help for lunch or so I will be in the living room, watching some soaps most likely." She heard Sasami giggle as she walked over to the couch, already spotting Mihoshi there.

Mihoshi was currently watching one of her favourite cartoons when she saw Ryoko sitting down near the television and asked, "Are you gonna watch this with me, Ryoko?"

Looking from the television-screen to Mihoshi and back, she shrugged softly and said, "Why not? It is not like I have something better to do." She turned her attention back to the cartoon and was idly wondering why Mihoshi seemed to like there so much. As some time went past, she started understanding that though and found herself amused by the events happening on the screen.

"Lunch is ready!" Sasami yelled from the kitchen as she placed all of it on the table.

Ryoko looked at Mihoshi and smiled, "Y'know, some of those cartoons are quite funny, maybe I'll join you in watching them more often." She chuckled softly before making her way to the kitchen.

***

A/N Well guess this is the first chapter of my new fic. I do not think there will be any shoujo-ai already in the next chapter, but there may be hints to it already. I will make sure to hurry up with the next chapter *cheers as it is almost her vacation break, which means more time for writing*