Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 2


The officers led Ryoko down a hallway, but they didn't seem to be going to where Ryoko thought they were going. They followed the section chief until he stopped at a door and walked in, the others followed behind him.


"Well Ryoko," began the chief, "You've seemed to have made friends with Mihoshi, and am I correct?"


"Yes," Ryoko answered quietly.


"I could see that she really didn't want to turn you in, did she tell that to you?"


"Yes."


"Hmm, this might get interesting. Ryoko, who else was in the house you were living in?"


"The Princesses of Juri, Ayeka and Sasami, the prince of Juri Tenchi, his father and grandfather, Yosho, and the mad scientist Washu." The chief stared for a moment, then he looked at the two officers and nodded, then they took the cuffs off of Ryoko.


"Ryoko, what you have just told me is that you've been living in a house full of Juri royals, and you didn't try and kill any of them, am I correct?"


"Well, Princess Ayeka and I sometimes fought, but I never hurt her, I knew if I did, the other members in the household would kick me out and her sister Sasami would hate me." The chief thought for a minute then smiled.


"Ryoko, you are probably wondering why I had them take the handcuffs off of you, right," Ryoko nodded, "Well, this goes with that you've told me. You have had a chance to kill a very important member of Juri, and you didn't, and that you were with them every day since you got there. So, we are not going to put you in a cell,"


Ryoko looked straight at him and gulped, their was only one more option, "And I am not going to sentence you to death," that made Ryoko fall over, "I see," mumbled the chief, "that's what you thought was going to happen to you, but it isn't," Ryoko stood up as quickly as she could, "Instead, since hearing all of this I think I can trust you, I am going to send you through the training that all people go through when they are trying to become an officer."


"Could you be more, informative?" asked Ryoko, she wasn't sure of what he was trying to say.


"I'm saying that I am going to make you through the training an officer goes through, and if you pass it you will be an officer for the Galaxy Police and your criminal file will be deleted." Ryoko stared for a few seconds, and then fainted. "I guess she's relieved," the chief said in an amused voice.


***


"You're not serious are you?" asked Ryoko.


"Yes I am," answered the chief, "Would you rather have a death sentence?"


"No, that's okay," replied Ryoko.


"Good, now, should I tell Kione and Mihoshi?" Ryoko thought for a moment and shook her head.


"No, I'd rather wait until I've completed my training, then show them, I want to see their mouths drop." The chief laughed at her reply.


"You really want to get even with Kione don't you?" said the chief. Ryoko nodded and waited for him to speak, "I'll call in your trainer then," he buzzed in a message, "Send him up." They waited for a few minutes until the door opened and a man walked in, and he was really tall. "Ryoko, this is Colin, he will be your instructor. I know you think he's tall, but their is a taller person in this ship than him." He smiled at Colin, but Colin didn't seem too pleased.


"Sir?" began Ryoko, "Who is the tallest person on this ship?" The chief laughed a little, then smiled.


"Don't worry about that now Ryoko, you will meet him soon, very soon." Ryoko nodded and walked out with Colin.


"So, where do I start?" asked Ryoko. Colin looked at her and gestured to follow him. She did and he led them down a hallway, to an area that Ryoko would be in for an entire year, with training and studying, until she qualified to be an officer.


***


Author's Note: Again, another short chapter. Hopefully this one wasn't as boring as the last one. I think the next chapter gets more interesting. Review me and tell me what you think.