Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 3


"Kione," said Mihoshi, "Shouldn't the section chief have told us what he did with Ryoko?"


"Mihoshi, you've asked me that a hundred times now, and I don't know, besides, it's been a year since we brought her in, who's knows what happened. I wonder why the chief asked us to come down to his office?" Mihoshi nodded. They made their way down the crowded hallway to his office. When they walked in the chief greeted them enthusiastically.


"Good to see you, I asked you down here to show you our newest member, ah, here she is." Kione and Mihoshi waited for the person to walk in, then they fell over.


"What the-," began Kione.


"This doesn't look right," said Mihoshi.


"It really doesn't look right to see you two on the floor," said Ryoko.


"Chief," yelled Kione when she stood up, "How, why, why did you do this?"


"Because, she had a chance to kill two or three important people, and she didn't, so I think she deserves a second chance, although I wasn't to sure myself at first whether she would pass all of the training, but she did and is a qualified Galaxy Police member, but there was a catch. If she didn't do this she would be sentenced to death, which I knew she didn't want, am I clear?" Kione and Mihoshi nodded, then Ryoko stepped forward.


"I summarized that rookie's report sir," she said handing him a few sheets of paper.


"Thank you, how did you manage to get it down this small?" asked the chief.


"It took me awhile," answered Ryoko, "That thing was nearly two inches thick."


"Hey wait a minute," interrupted Kione, "How high are you in this range of officers?"


"I'm normally a patrol officer like you two, but sometimes when someone brings in a large report, I get called in to summarize it." All of sudden her wrist communicator went off,


"Hey Ryoko," came a voice, "We have patrol in ten minutes, get your butt down here."


"Okay I'm coming," she answered, "Gotta go," and she made her way to the door.
"Hey wait," said Kione, "Who's your partner?"


"If you come with me you'll see," said Ryoko as she walked out the door. Kione and Mihoshi followed her until they reached the docking bay.


"What took you so long?" came a male voice from behind them.


"I had tagalongs," answered Ryoko as she whirled around. Kione and Mihoshi turned around to and saw a tall man walking towards them. At first Kione thought it was Colin, but it wasn't.


"Jas?" she said astounded.


"Yeah, what?" he asked.


"Ryoko, how did you get partnered with him, every girl on this ship wants to be partnered with him."


"Yeah, and not just in patrol work," Jas mumbled. Ryoko giggled behind at the statement. He was really cute, but Ryoko knew she had no chance, so she was just happy being his patrol partner.


"Come on Jas," said Ryoko," lets go, you were the one who said I was late, now you're just standing around."


"Okay, I'm coming," replied Jas. They walked to a large ship in the docking bay, and were about to board when Kione yelled at them.


" Don't you two do anything the chief wouldn't like," she joked.


"Shut up," said Jas.


"You're gross," replied Ryoko. They both boarded the ship and waited until Kione and Mihoshi were safely behind the door before taking off.


"Well that was a surprise," said Mihoshi.


"No kidding," replied Kione.


***


"Well that was interesting," said Jas as they sat down in the cockpit.


"Yeah, right, so what are we doing, when you called me you sounded urgent."


"I was," he replied, "You know that Juri royal that disappeared and then returned to try and take over Juri?" Ryoko nodded, she knew him far to well, and her side ached just thinking about it. "Well, he's back."


"What, I thought he was killed?"


"We all did, but he's back, but he's not after the crown, he's become a space pirate, wonderful huh?"


"In your dreams Mister, so the Commander sent us out to get him."


"Yep, he's already sent out numerous officers, but none have returned," that sent a chill up Ryoko's spine, "I guess he decided to send in the heavy artillery."


"Heavy artillery? Just because we have powers makes us artillery?"


"In his point of view, here it is," Ryoko looked out to see a large ship, "The only information we have is that his ship is called the Soja, no weaponry information or him, so I have no idea what we're up against."


"Oh, so we're going in blind basically," said Ryoko.


"Sorry to say it, but yeah. We could end up like those other officers, but we might not, who knows, we just have to go in and see." Ryoko gulped and nodded. They connected with the ship without any problem. "Looks like he's expecting us," said Jas as they stood. They walked out of Nigami and into Soja.


"Well now we know what happened to the officers," said Ryoko as they walked through a hallway covered with dead bodies. "It looks like a graveyard, feels like one too, eerie and cold."


"Yeah," replied Jas, but he didn't seem fazed, and Ryoko knew why, he was keeping a lookout for anything living. They reached a corner and went to the wall. "Wait a second," he said. He silently brought up his blue energy sword and caught it on the end of his cape, then he lifted it so it went in front of the corner, then an energy shot went through it. Jas kept it there, but there wasn't another fire.


"Keep it there," whispered Ryoko as she crouched down. Her vision was great for seeing around corners without going around them, and she was glad of it when she saw who had fired. It looked like an officer, but a little dead and rotting, with all the looks of a zombie. "We have a problem."


"What is it," asked Jas. Ryoko rose shakily to her feet, then she put two fingers to his temple and transferred the image, and he shuddered. "Wonderful, I've only been up against things like these one time before, and it was ugly." Ryoko shivered, going up against zombies might not be the best thing to do.


"How are we supposed to do this, I mean, they're the living dead," said Ryoko.


"I know, that's why they're almost impossible to destroy," replied Jas, "but there is one way."


"What?"


"You've got to cut them in half, the long way, it's pretty gross, and not very easy either." Ryoko nodded and they braced themselves for the attack and jumped out to the waiting zombie. It fired blast after blast from what looked like a rifle, but shot energy blasts, they dodged them, but was hit once or twice each until they got close enough to attack him, or it. "Now!" yelled Jas. Ryoko was the closest and slashed through the zombie. It shrieked and fell to the floor with a sickening shloop.


"I think I'm going to be sick," said Ryoko as she walked away from the rotting carcass.


"Like I said," replied Jas, "It gets ugly, or in this case smelly." He waved his hand to drive away the smell, but it did no good. "Lets get going." Ryoko followed him down he hallway, thankfully the next corner was empty, but the next one had four more zombies, so they each got two, getting more injuries in the process. Finally they came to the last room. Torn and bloody they slowly walked up to the door, but as they got three feet away from the door it opened on its own and an eerie laughter erupted from it.


"I guess he's in there," said Ryoko. Jas nodded, and they both walked slowly inside. "Jas, do you think we can beat him?"


"I don't know Ryoko, I don't know." They walked on completely and came face to face with him.


"Damn, and we don't even no his name," muttered Jas.


"I know it," said Ryoko, "It's Kagato, and I've met him before, and he's gotten much stronger than the last time I saw him."


"Ah, I remember you," said Kagato, "You were the nice toy, I see you survived the injury I gave you, such a pity."


"You have some explaining to do if we survive this," said Jas.


"Believe me, you don't want to know," mumbled Ryoko.


"Well, lets get this started," said Kagato, "This is going to be interesting, the strongest members of the Galaxy Police against me, this is going to be fun." Jas and Ryoko took their fighting stances and held their ground. "Bye bye officers, your deaths will be mourned by others." He laughed and sent out an energy beam.


Ryoko and Jas dodged blast after blast; then Kagato got a hold of Ryoko. "Here goes the first one, and I'll make sure it's for good." He threw her right at the wall. Ryoko turned so her feet faced the wall just before she hit it, but when she hit it she heard a sickening sound that sounded like a branch being broken, then a shooting pain went up her leg.


"Ah!" she yelped as she hit the floor.


"Ryoko!" Jas yelled, but as he ran towards her Kagato got a hold of his arm. Jas stopped moving and tried to pull away, but his grip was too strong. Kagato raised his hand and an energy ball began to form.


"No!" yelled Ryoko as she released her blast and hit Kagato in the face. He let go of Jas's arm, but his blast was released and hit Jas in the arm and went upward, leaving a long gash that went down to the bone.


"You'll pay for that one, " said Kagato. He fired again and again, missing them by inches. Then, he fired numerous blasts at once, and Ryoko, with her broken leg slowing her down, was hit by every one of them, then landed on the floor, unconscious. "Well now I can eliminate you," said Kagato, but when he turned away from Jas, Jas pulled out a special energy rope and a transporter. He threw the rope and it wrapped itself around Kagato. Then he hit the transporter button and he was transported to a special cell on Nigami.


"Ryoko!" yelled Jas as he ran over to her. "Ryoko, Ryoko wake up." Ryoko didn't move, but all around him the bodies of the officers began to glow, and when it stopped, all of the officers were standing and looked like nothing had ever happened to them. Jas recognized one of the officers and called to him, "Hey, Derek, come over here and help me!" The officer turned and ran over.


"Yeah Jas?"


"Could you carry her out, I would but this arm is pretty much useless."


"Sure," he answered and carefully picked up Ryoko. They all walked slowly out of the ship, other officers coming into the group as they walked.


"The chief is really going to be surprised about this," said Jas as they all got on to Nigami and headed back to the Galaxy Police.


***


Author's Note: Hey, guess I made up for the last two chapters. Hopefully this chapter was more interesting than the last two. I really don't know what else to say, partly because I have a headache and I want to go to sleep. Hope you guys enjoyed this. Review me and tell me what you think.