Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


Author's Note: I have reconsidered discontinuing this story, for now. I have a lot of work to do on it to make it work. I have time now, now that the high school marching band season is over, but I still can't guarantee that I'll get through the whole story. Just warning all of you.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 4


Ryoko lay in the hospital wing in the Galaxy Police. Jas had run into HQ ahead of them and put Kagato in cell created especially for him, then Jas got medical treatment. Ryoko still had not come back into consciousness, and Jas was trying to contact Kione and Mihoshi, but was having no luck. Finally, after two days, Ryoko came out of her coma like state.


"Where am I?" she asked weakly. She got no answer. She tried to sit up, but her head and the rest of her body said no, and she lay back down.


"Ryoko?" Ryoko looked to her to see Jas coming toward her, "I thought you weren't ever going to wake up," he said as he sat down. His left arm was in a sling.


"What happened, how did I get here?" Ryoko asked him. Jas told her what happened, then Ryoko closed her eyes and said, "So all of the officers are alive, that's good, there were no losses in this fight."


"Not in this one, but maybe in the next one," replied Jas. Ryoko nodded, "I still can't get a hold Kione and Mihoshi, it's like they've left the ship."


"They do, but," she looked at the clock on the wall, "they should be patrolling now." Jas smiled at her.


"If you say so. I'll be back later."


"Okay," and Jas left the room. Ryoko lay there and tried to think, but the constant ache in her leg was distracting her. (At least he can get up and walk around, thought Ryoko, All I get to do is lay here, at least for now. I wonder how long it will take for these injuries to heal?) Ryoko's thoughts were interrupted when the section chief walked in, and he wasn't alone.


"So you're finally awake," said the chief, "Commander."


"Yes, Ryoko, Jas told me that you saved him during the battle with Kagato, am I correct?"


"I guess," said Ryoko, "It happened so quickly and I can hardly remember what happened."


"Well, you saved an officer that was in a higher rank," Ryoko gave him a questionable look, "That means that you deserve a promotion."


"What, uh, thanks, but, I like my position right where it is," said Ryoko, "Save your promotions for Kione and Mihoshi."


"Oh believe me Ryoko," said the Commander, "This isn't much; we're just putting you up to Jas's rank."


"But Jas has been here for years."


"And how do you think he got there. He saved his partner many times, but it wasn't from such a powerful opponent, so you deserve it." At that moment Jas walked in the door.


"Commander, Chief, what are you doing here?" he asked stupidly.


"Promoting Ryoko, why else would we be here," said the Commander.


"Oh," said Jas, "to what rank."


"Yours," they said in unison. Ryoko laughed at Jas's astounded face. "Well then," said the Commander, "I guess it's time for us to get on our way." Jas moved aside to let them pass, and then he looked at Ryoko.


"Why did you tell them I saved you?" complained Ryoko.


"Uh, because I had to. Come on Ryoko, I just talked to Kione, they're on their way right now, and she's going to flip. She's been wanting this position for years, and you got it in a few months."


"Yeah, well. Kione will definitely flip about this. So how long will it take for these injuries to heal?"


"Well, if my injuries are going to take about a month, so yours will probably take three months, our more."


"Three months! That's a long time."


"Yeah, well your injuries are pretty severe, you're lucky it's not six months to a year."


"At least that, so when do you think Kione and Mihoshi are going to be here?"


"I really don't know, soon though, soon." Soon was right, because once the words were out of his mouth the two officers burst through the door.


"Hi, uh, yeah hi," stuttered Kione.


"What's the matter Kione?" asked Jas.


"Oh, uh, nothing, nothing at all," she said, but then a voice behind her turned it into a lie.


"Kione can we come in?" Kione turned to look at Ryoko who looked like she was going to jump out of the bed and strangle her.


"You didn't, I told you not to," began Ryoko angrily.


"It wasn't me, it was Mihoshi, besides, they would have found out any way, right?"


ooo


"Kione! Kione can we go in or not," yelled Tenchi.


"Would you wait Tenchi," said Washu, "We'll get there soon enough," but then Kione and Mihoshi came out.


"No one's going in there," she started, "If they do they're dead, Ryoko's as mad as a bull on steroids."


"That's not good," said Tenchi, "So what do we do now?"


"Stay away from that door," Kione answered. "Uh Ayeka, where's Sasami?" Just then Jas shot out with Sasami in one arm.


"It wasn't her," said Jas, "Ryoko's still in a rage and as I ran out I saw her and took her with me. Even I'm not going back in there for awhile."


"Nice one Mihoshi," muttered Kione.


"Are you all right Sasami?" asked Ayeka. Sasami nodded, but they could see that she was a little shaken.


"Maybe they should go back home," suggested Jas, "Ryoko's probably not going to want to see anybody for a while, and that includes me." Kione nodded and led the others away.


"Kione?" Ayeka asked, "Who is that man?"


"That's Jas, Ryoko's partner," she turned around to look and watched as Jas stuck his head around the door, then pulled it out fast and shut it.


"Looks like he's going to have his hands full for awhile," said Washu.


ooo


"Now what am I supposed to do, she won't even let me in," said Jas. (Boy, this is going to be difficult. I need to find a way to make her relax, or she's going to hurt herself.) He gathered up his wits and opened the door.


"Beat it!" yelled Ryoko.


"I'm not leaving, and I don't care what you say," Jas said calmly.


"Suit your self," said Ryoko, she still looked really steamed. Jas sat down in the chair that he was sitting in earlier and tried to relax.


"Looks like we're both out of it for awhile, huh?" said Jas.


"Yeah."


"Look, don't be mad, the others would have found out any way. Besides, you knew that Mihoshi couldn't keep a secret to save her life."


"Yeah, the Bubbled Headed Blonde," said Ryoko, but Jas had said the same thing as well. "I see we both have the same opinion about her."


"Yeah, how's your leg?"


"It hurts, badly, I'm afraid if I move it it'll snap in two again."


"That isn't likely, I observed the surgery and you have two steel plates in your leg to keep the bone from moving, you have nothing to worry about."


"Oh, so when do you think I can get up and walk?"


"Tomorrow, right now we want you to keep still so the bone can get used to the plates and pins. I'll have the nurse get you some pain killers." He got up and went down a hall. Then he came back, "I'll leave. Those pain killers you're going to get are probably going to make you fall asleep." Ryoko nodded and he left, just before the nurse came with the medication.


"Make sure you drink the entire glass of water, or you might get a side affect," said the nurse. Ryoko took the pills and drained the glass, "Sleep well," said the nurse as she walked out. Within ten minutes of taking the pills she was asleep. Jas walked in an hour later and found her dead asleep.


"I knew they would do that," he whispered as he walked over to her bed. He looked around to make sure the nurse wasn't around, and then he bent down and kissed Ryoko. (I owe you my life, thank you for saving me.) He stood up and walked out of the room to let Ryoko sleep.


ooo


Author's Note: Oh my god, this is so horribly written, at least in my eyes. Like I have said, this a very old fic, one of my very firsts. Any readers who like this story can thank my only reviewer for this story that it's back up again. I'll continue working on the chapters and update them when I feel they are fit to put up. Review me and tell me what you think.