Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 6


It was three weeks later, Jas had finished his recovery, but Ryoko still had a long way to go. "I hate this thing," Ryoko growled one day on Nigami.


"You've said that a hundred times now Ryoko," Jas said, he was getting annoyed with it.


"Sorry, I just can't stop thinking about the incident, and that's my second time confronting him."


"What?" Jas said confused.


"That's right, I haven't told you yet." She told him about her first experience with Kagato, except the injury, up until the day she got home.


"I had no idea," he said when she was finished, "Why didn't you tell me before?"


"I don't know, I guess I just didn't want to, I wasn't feeling that great at the time."
"Well that's understandable," Jas replied, "Don't worry, that thing will be off soon."


"Yeah, I hope."


ooo


Two months past and Ryoko herself finally recovered, and didn't even have to go to physical therapy.


"Yes, I can walk around again, why did you make me keep these crutches?"


"I thought you might want to get rid of them yourself," Jas replied, "as in disintegrating them?"


"Thanks, but I think shooting them out into space near a sun in good enough for me," Ryoko answered with a laugh, then she remembered something, "Hey, we get a month off now."


"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that," Jas said, "So what are you going to do?"


"Me?" Ryoko replied, she was just planning to go back to Earth and relax there, "I'm probably just going to go to Earth and kick back there until I have to come back, why?"


"Just asking, but I was thinking about going to a planet were it's like Earth's Hawaii all year round, and I was wondering if you would like to come with." Ryoko was shocked, why would he want to ask her to go to some planet paradise with him?


"I don't know what to say, I'm mean, why me, you could go with someone else, someone that deserves it-"


"Whoa whoa whoa whoa, you're saying that you don't deserve to go?" Jas said, Ryoko nodded, "Okay, I'm thinking that injury did something to your head."


"Uh, whatever, but really Jas, you don't need to bring someone like me along, besides, I'm not the one to sit around and relax for hours, I like to be moving, doing something, not lounging around."


"I understand that," Jas said, "but you didn't let me explain in more detail. Not only is it like a beach where you just relax, it has casinos, I don't really like those, karaoke places, arcades, and even scuba diving. I think you'd enjoy it, if you go I mean." Ryoko thought for a minute watching Jas wait for her answer.


"All right, I'll come," she answered, "just don't do anything that'll make me want to fry you."


"Yes ma'am," Jas replied.


ooo


Three hours later, they were packed and ready to go.


"Yes, vacation officially starts now," Jas, said as they boarded Nigami.


"How long will it take to get there?" Ryoko asked.


"About five hours," Jas answered.


"What!"


"Hey, there is stuff to do on here, I've only shown you part of this ship." Jas said.


"All right then," Ryoko said, "show me."


"Okay then," they got up and left the cockpit, Jas put on autopilot first.


"So, what's in here?" Ryoko asked again.


"Well, it's all in one room, it looks like a giant stereo, speakers put into the walls, big screen T.V. with a VCR and DVD player, more CDs than I can count, and a movie theater selection of videos and more."


"Wow, so you really do live here most off the time," Ryoko said in amazement.


"Yep, here it is." They stopped in front of a door where he entered a code on the keypad and the door opened automatically.


"Whoa," Ryoko said in complete awe. The room was exactly like he had described it, huge with the complete entertainment equipment. Ryoko noticed something in the corner, a karaoke machine.


"You didn't say you had a karaoke machine," Ryoko said.


"I was hopping you wouldn't see it," Jas replied as he walked over to a cabinet, "So," he said as he opened the cabinet, "what do you want to watch?" Ryoko looked into the cabinet, one side was full of VHS videotapes, and the other half held DVDs and CDs.


"I need to look first," Ryoko replied as she scanned the rows. She chose a movie and Jas put it in the VCR, then they sat down at opposite ends of the couch. Ryoko had picked a comedy, which turned out to be a movie from Earth, it was American Pie, and they both were laughing every ten minutes.


"I haven't watched this in over a year," Jas said when the movie ended.


"I've never seen it," Ryoko said, "But now I wish my sides didn't hurt, let's watch something that's not comedy."


"Fine by me," Jas said as he got up. He picked the movie, which ended up being an action film, but also a comedy, it was Rush Hour 2.


"I told you not to pick a comedy," Ryoko said in-between laughs.


"Sorry, but it is a good movie," Jas replied. After the movie finished, Jas confessed that all of his videos and DVDs were comedies except for a few which were romances, which Ryoko refused to watch. By that time they were almost the planet and had to go back to the cockpit.


"Jas, when we get there, can we go straight to the hotel, I'm tired." Ryoko said as she plopped into the chair.


"That's what I was planning to do," Jas replied. Then someone from the docking bay called up to get Nigami's registration, and then they were able to land.


ooo


Author's Note: Another short chapter, sorry guys. Hopefully some of the next ones will be longer. Review me and tell me what you think.