Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 7


When they got the hotel and checked in, they went straight their rooms and put their stuff away. While this was happening, Ryoko was shown that there was a connecting door to their rooms, and Jas showed her by knocking loudly from his side. She opened the door and received a normal "Hi" from him. She gave him the finger and shut the door. She was smiling when she did it and she heard him laughing on the other side.


-Next time don't scare me, - Ryoko thought to him.


-But it was funny, - he replied, -so what do you want to do about dinner? -


-I'll leave that up to you, you know what's good around here. -


-Okay, are you done unpacking, we could go now? -


-I'm done, lets go. - They both left their rooms and met at the lobby, Ryoko's door wouldn't lock so it took her longer to get down. "I think my door hates me," she joked as they walked out of the hotel.


"Whatever, lets see, the good places are a good walk away. Do you mind the walk?"


"Nope, lets get going." They walked the streets for an hour and a half, but were stopped short when they heard some commotion. They turned and went down a corner to find the planet's police surrounding a building.


"What's going on here?" Jas asked after they had revealed their badges.


"A man is in there and he's heavily armed." Just then, three officers ran out of the building.


"Sir, this guy's crazy," said one officer, "He's shooting anything that moves. So far it's been three mice and a cat."


"This won't be easy," said the General, "Wait," he looked at Ryoko and Jas, "Could you two help us?"


"If we must," Jas replied. They walked slowly into the building, avoiding any objects that could fall and attract the man's attention. They entered a back room and could hear footsteps a yard or two away.


-Jas, my heart is pounding through my rib cage, I don't think I was this scared when we faced Kagato. -


-It doesn't matter; fear causes adrenaline, so keep that in mind. - They watched as the man went into another room.


-Jas we have to get him now, - Ryoko insisted.


-Ryoko are you nuts, we can't. The only way to get him is from behind. -


-I know that, and you know I get people best from behind, so let me go first. -


-Ryoko I... -


-I'm going, - She rose an inch off the floor and slowly flew to the door. Jas guessed the guy's back was turned when Ryoko dived into the room. He heard machine guns and energy blasts immediately after, but couldn't move. When he heard a scream from Ryoko and a thud, he was able to move again and ran in. He saw the man on the floor with energy ropes binding him, and he saw Ryoko sitting oddly in a corner.


"Ryoko?" He walked over to her, but she didn't move, "Ryoko?" he reached out to lift Ryoko's head, but she grabbed his hand and she screamed at him in telepathy, in a mixture of anger and pain.


-The damn guy shot my eyes out! -


"Shit," Jas said and ran out.


"Did you get him?" the general asked.


"Yes, but my partner is critically injured, we need an ambulance here now." The general nodded and called for one. It got there a few minutes later, just after the criminal was taken out of the warehouse.


ooo


"Wow, I can't believe the chief gave us two weeks off," Mihoshi said as they walked down the street.


"Yeah, I know," Kione, replied. Then they saw an ambulance go by, "Lets follow it." They ran down the street and went around a corner to find the ambulance parked in front of a warehouse, then they saw Jas run out of the building. "What's going on?" They watched as Jas ran to the ambulance, he seemed to be instructing them, and then he led them into the building.


"Kione, what's going on?" Mihoshi asked.


"I'm wondering the same thing Mihoshi, lets go over and ask." They walked over and spoke to an officer that was from the planet. "Excuse me sir," she began, "What happened here? The men the just ran out and back into the warehouse is friend of mine, and where is his partner?"


"Well, what happened was a lunatic that was heavily armed went into this building and started making quiet a ruckus, the those two showed up and took care of things, but then something happened." He didn't have to continue because paramedics had come out of the building with a stretcher.


"Oh my God," Kione said when she saw who was on it was and ran over. "Jas what happened?" Jas didn't answer, he looked completely shocked, he was pale and sweating, and looked like wanted to tear the criminal in half. "Jas, answer me." He looked at her; she could see fear in his eyes.


"Ryoko had gotten the upper hand on the guy, but he got loose for a second and-" he stopped, it appeared that he didn't want to say what had happened, but then he finished, "he shot her eyes out."


"But, how, how did she survive that?" Kione asked in complete shock.


"Well, he hit her from the side, he used an energy rifle, and the shot went straight across her eyes, burning them from their sockets."


"Oh God, Jas what's going to happen to her, I mean she's blind now."


"I don't know," Jas looked at one of the paramedics and got permission to get on the ambulance. "Find some way to get to the hospital, I'll talk to you there." They nodded and the ambulance took off.


"I will take you." Kione and Mihoshi turned around to face the general.


"Thank you sir." They got into his car and they made their way there.


ooo


Author's Note: I can't believe how short I wrote some of these chapters. Oh well, guess this just shows how much I've grown as a writer over the years, if any of you have read my other works, you'll see what I mean. Review me and tell me what you think.