Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 8


When they reached the hospital, they found Jas in the lobby waiting for them. When they walked toward him the saw he was putting his cell phone away, he'd probably been talking to the chief back at HQ.


"So, what's going on Jas?" Kione asked.


"Well, it's pretty obvious that she's blind, but we have an option, but it's an expensive one," Kione and Mihoshi nodded for him to continue, "It's a special surgery that has been very successful in the past, but the problems are that it's expensive, and they need to wait for someone to die first."


"Well, if we want Ryoko to see again, we're probably going to have to go through with it, even if it does mean giving up our paychecks for the next year or so."


"I really don't give a damn about my paycheck," Jas said, "so lets tell them." They walked down a few halls until they reached a desk. Jas gave the information to one of the nurses and she went to tell the doctor that would perform it. "Great, now all we have to do is wait."


"Yeah, and we have to wait for someone to die who's vision was in good order, and that's going to take awhile," Kione said. Jas nodded, but that was all he could do. Kione could see that he was still shaken from the event and was shaking slightly. "Well, there's no use just standing here, we're a fire hazard like this, lets go sit down." They sat down and waited for the doctor so they could speak with him.


"What is this guy doing?" Jas asked in annoyance.


"Who knows," said Kione. They waited for nearly an hour before the doctor came out.


"I'm sorry I made you wait for so long," he apologized, "but I was over seeing your partner's revival, and made sure she was in no pain, but I fear the only pain I could not help was the pain in her heart and spirit."


"That figures, so how long do you think it will take, until we get a match for Ryoko?" asked Jas.


"I'm sorry, but I cannot answer that, I cannot predict when someone will die, the waiting game is all we can do now, I'm sorry."


"Can we see her?" Kione asked.


"You may, but I don't know what mood she's in, so watch out, and I think he knows that better then any of us," the doctor said as he pointed to Jas.


"Yeah, last time she was injured, if words could kill I would be a pile of dusty bones." Kione and Mihoshi hid giggles and the doctor smiled.


"I think what she needs is someone with a good sense of humor, and I would guess that you would be the best match, good luck." He led them to the room, and left them to go in on their own, and they made Jas go in first.


"Ryoko?" The room was dark and he didn't dare turn the lights on.


"Jas," came Ryoko's faint whisper. Jas signaled to Kione and Mihoshi and they slowly walked in behind him. There were bandages wrapped around her eyes, and she didn't look too pleased about anything. "I swear," she whispered angrily, "if I ever get my hands on that guy I'll tear him in half and then some, I'll make him wish he'd never been born."


"Jas," Jas turned to Kione, "We need to go check into a hotel, we'll be back later." Jas nodded and they left. Jas turned back to Ryoko, but since there was no light he could barely see her.


"I'm sorry Ryoko, I should have been the one to take this."


"No, I went in after him, it's my own fault, don't blame yourself," Ryoko said. Jas pulled a chair over and sat down, he was glad she couldn't see him; he was extremely close to tears. "And I thought you never cried."


"How, how do you know that?"


"I can hear you, and I can still sense things just as well, maybe better, you should know that a person's other senses get stronger when they go blind."


"I did, I just didn't know how strong," Jas answered. Ryoko actually smiled, and Jas felt a little better. "I can barely see you, but you can't see at all, so I shouldn't complain."


"Jas stop talking, your starting to annoy me, and you really don't want to do that."


"Yeah, sorry, do you want me to go so you can rest, or what?"


"Stay, please, even though I can't see, I still know if someone is here or not, so even if you hadn't said anything and left, I still would have known."


"That's why I asked, so how did this happen, did he slip or something?"


"I was getting upper hand on him, but just before I threw the ropes on him he fired, and I didn't move fast enough, that's the best I can put it."


"That's all I need to know, I still can't believe all this happened, and we're supposed to be on vacation."


"It's not a vacation anymore, it's a nightmare that gets worse, I just hope they get a match soon."


"You and me both, I'm not leaving this planet without you, even if our vacation time runs out."


ooo


Author's Note: I'm just going accept the fact that I was a crap writer when I first wrote this. These chapters are so short I'm ashamed of myself. I really hope I wrote some longer ones somewhere down the line. I hope you guys are still enjoying this fic. Review me and tell me what you think.