Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)



Chapter 18


"Where is he?" Ryoko asked impatiently.


"Like I said," said Kione, "Getting some friends and family members. If he's not back in five minutes I'll go up and look for him, okay?" Ryoko nodded and looked up at the sky.


(Hurry up Jas; if you're late for this I'll never forgive you.) A ping in the back of her mind made her look toward the bushes. A tiny blade lion head stuck out of the bushes. "Tano no!"


-Who are all these people? - He asked.


-Guests; don't come out or you'll scare them. - She spoke to him silently so no one would here them. -Aren't your parents worried about you? -


-No, I told them where I'd be, and they trust you. - He started to walk out of the bushes.


"Tano get back there!" she whispered. Kione and Tenchi looked over at her, then Kione banged her head on the nearest tree and Tenchi slapped himself in the forehead. "You just like to cause trouble." Ryoko said as she went down on her knees to pick up the small creature.


-Yep, why does the rest of your family seem upset? -


-The same reason I am, we don't want you causing attention to these people, if you do they take you and make you research subjects. -


-Oh, I'll go then, but I missed you. When I first met you I wanted to see again, I like you. - Ryoko smiled at him, how could she resist something so sweet. She kissed him and put him on the ground, patting his rear so he would leave. Once he was back in the bushes she got up.


"How long has Jas been gone now?" she asked Kione when she reached her.


"Relax he just showed up, uh-oh." Kione pointed to Jas's group. Ryoko looked and tensed up, Nagi was with him.


ooo


"So who's the bride?" Nagi asked.


"Your paycheck," he said with a grin.


"What?" Nagi stared at Ryoko. Ryoko noticed her and gulped. "You're kidding me right? She's a criminal."


"Not anymore. She's been a Galaxy Police officer for the past two years. Try laying a hand on her, at least half of the officers will come and back her up." Nagi growled and stared back at her rival.


"You're marrying her, why?"


"The reason other people marry, so shut up and live with it."


"Live with it, how can I live with her as a sister-in-law?" The entire yard went quiet. Ryoko stare at her fiancŽ.


"Jas," her voice was harsh and tense, "may I speak with you, in the house?" Jas gulped and followed her. Inside Ryoko looked up at him. "Why didn't you tell me?"


"Tell you what?"


"Don't play dumb with me. Why didn't you tell me Nagi was you sister?"


"It didn't occur to me, I'm sorry."


"Sorry. Jas, that woman chased me for years, and now finding out that she's going to be my sister-in-law, it's just not right."


"Not right for what? You'll never see her."


"That's what you think. She always shows up at the time I don't want to see her most."


"Give me an example."


"Now." That shut him up. No one really knew that Nagi was his sister, except now of course.


"Look Ryoko, this way she won't hurt you."


"She hasn't been able to hurt me ever since I entered the Galaxy Police. Jas, something like that is something I need to know before things like this."


"You don't have to worry about her now."


"I know that, but it's the amount of time you took to tell me and the time you told me, so say sorry to this." She put something in his hand and ran up to her room, slamming the door behind her. Jas gulped, the object in his hand felt sickeningly familiar. He hesitantly opened his hand; the engagement ring was there.


(Dammit Ryoko no.) He looked up at her room. He wanted to go up and talk to her, but the ring in his hand told him not to. His heart felt like it was torn into pieces, each piece getting smaller and smaller.


ooo


Kione gasped. (No, I can't believe this.)


"What the matter Kione?" Ayeka had come up behind her.


"Call it off," Kione whispered.


"Call what off?"


"The wedding, it's over." She pointed into the house and Ayeka looked to see Jas, facing the wall and his head on one arm.


"This can't be, why?"


"What else, Jas didn't tell Ryoko that Nagi was his sister. I guess that made Ryoko angry and this is the end result. I don't want to tell everyone this."


"We have to, though it's going to be hard. Lets get the rest of the family over here first, we'll tell them and figure something out." They called them over and told them.


"Oh no," Sasami said sadly.


"Man, this isn't good," said Tenchi, "Who's going to tell everyone?"


"I will," Katsuhito, answered, "I'll probably be the only one that can keep a straight face." They nodded and watched him walk over to the guest area. "Everyone, may I have your attention." He looked over the crowd of people. "I know you are all expecting to see two of you good friends get married today, but it is to my great sorrow that the wedding will not be happening."


"What, what are you saying?" an officer asked.


"Some offence has come up, causing a break-up. I'm sorry, I cannot tell you anymore." Everyone started talking at once, but soon began to leave.


ooo


Author's Note: Wow, I updated, finally. Well, there's only one reason that I haven't updated in forever. I've had more school stuff to do than you can imagine. And what is the payout for that? I am no longer a high school student; I graduated! Now I have to get my license, get a car, and get a summer job. I'll do my best to update for now, but once college starts in September, I don't know if it'll even be possible for me to write anymore. We'll see how that works. For now, I hope you all continue to enjoy my story. Review me and tell me what you think.