Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 20

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 20


Ryoko woke up thought she had dreamed the whole thing. When she realized where she was on saw she was in space, she ran to the cockpit. Jas was there and turned around when she entered and smiled at her.


"Sleep well?" he asked. She smiled back at him and sat down.


"It's feels like I haven't been here in years," she said.


"Seems like it," chimed Nigami. Jas and Ryoko smiled and enjoyed the quiet. After a while they left the cockpit and went into Jas's room. They sat on his bed and talked.


"I have to ask this," Jas said. He pulled the engagement ring out of his pocket, "Will you accept this back?"


Ryoko put her hand over it, "Of course." Jas kissed her after she answered, then slipped the ring onto her finger. "We should tell the others."


He bent down and whispered into her ear, "Look out the window." She looked to see the earth, bright and covered with swirling clouds.


"What are you, a mind reader?"


"No, I just know what needs to be done." She laughed snuggled closer to him. "Kione and Mihoshi are there to. Good, we don't have to hunt them down."


"I just hope known of the others are mad at us for doing this," Ryoko said after a few minutes of silence.


"I can't see why they would, I mean, we're back together, isn't that enough?"


"I guess; I just hope no one hates a last minute wedding." They both laughed and waited until Nigami was in the right range and teleported to earth.


ooo


The Masaki family sat on the back porch enjoying the surprisingly warm day.


"Maybe something good will happen today," said Sasami, Ryo-oki meowed her agreement.


In the bushes nearby, Ryoko and Jas sat there thinking of what to do. "I have an idea," Ryoko said and whispered it into his ear. He nodded in approval they disappeared from the bushes.


As the Masaki family sat on the porch, Ryoko appeared between them.


"Hi Ryoko," Sasami said, "Why do look so happy?"


"Why shouldn't I be?" she replied as she dropped her arms from behind her back, making sure the ring flashed in the sun shine. Sasami jumped into her arms and Ryo-oki meowed happily.


"Where's Jas?" Kione asked.


"Right here," he answered as he walked up. Kione hugged him and then everyone started talking at once. It took sometime before they were able to explain.


"You just couldn't live without him could you Ryoko?" Washu asked teasingly.


"Very funny," she retorted. It turned out Washu had saved everything in a dimension where no time passed and could set it up exactly where they wanted it with just a press of a button.


"So when do you want have this?" Washu asked.


"As soon as possible," Jas and Ryoko said in unison. Washu laughed at the answer. They finally planned it to be that weekend, which was in two days.


"I'll tell the chief," Kione said, "He'll have the ship knowing in five minutes." She left soon after to do so.


ooo


That night Ryoko and Jas sat on the roof together, just to be alone.


"We're finally alone," Ryoko said as she sighed.


"Yeah, I thought we'd never get any time alone." Jas held her close, the time they had spent apart was still there, and he didn't like the feeling.


"Two days, two days and it will seem as though we never separated," Ryoko said, "What do you think will happen this time?"


"Hopefully nothing, if we're lucky."


"And how lucky are we?"


"Not very." They both laughed, and then went inside a few minutes later.


ooo


That morning Ryoko left her room early, but was quiet enough to sneak out of the house without waking anyone and going for a walk in the woods.


(I'm so glad I decided to do this,) Ryoko thought as she breathed in the fresh morning air. She walked deeper into the forest, and then came upon a cave she had never seen before. (I wonder where this came from.) She walked hesitantly inside, bringing up a small ball of energy so she could see. As she went deeper inside, she saw a light getting brighter and brighter. By the time she reached it she didn't need her light anymore. The object that was the source of the light came from a small clear-white crystal that floated on a stone pedestal.


"What is this?" Ryoko whispered. Against all of her training, she walked up to the pedestal and reached out to the crystal. The crystal floated to her and stopped over her palm. "I guess this is mine."


"If it is yours you will be able to use it." Ryoko whipped around to see whom the speaker was. A tall shadowy figure stood in front of her, blocking her only exit.


"How do you expect me to know how to use it when I just got it?" Ryoko asked the stranger.


"Your instincts should know, and the only way out is to use it to get though me."


(What do I do, I have know clue how to use this thing.) Ryoko thought hard, but her thoughts were interrupted when the figure charged at her. "Ahh!" She jumped to the side just before he hit her. Ryoko felt to stone grasp her mind and her head filled with knowledge. She held the stone up and it fire, hitting the figure.


"Hmm, you're pretty good, but it'd to take more than that to stop me." He lashed at her again and Ryoko fired shot after shot, hit him each time. When the figure went down, a voice in her mind spoke.


-You are now the holder of this power. Only use it when you or your loved ones are in danger. - When the voice disappeared, Ryoko felt her strength vanish, and she blacked out.