Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Princess ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Perfect Princess - The Story
Chapter 2: Be on thy way, little ones
Lady Sapphire

-----

Diclaimer: Standard Rules. I don't own the characters from Tenchi Muyo

-----

"Whatever I shall do, wherever I will go; your memory will always be in my heart"
---Lady Sapphire

-----

Authors Note: I am very happy so far with the reviews I've gotten for this story so far =^.^= Thanks to all of you who wanted me to continue this!

-----

***Morning...

I had been awake since around three o'clock, having woken up from a nightmare. I had tried to get back to sleep, but I couldn't. Since then, I had decided to finish the little bit of packing that was left over from last night; and then I dressed. I only put on one of my simple gowns for the trip, and then, when we reached Jurai, I would change into one of my more complex, 'princess' gowns.

Afterall, it just simply wouldn'tdo to have the First Princess of Jurai to be seen in public looking like a common peasant. A quote from father.

It was 6:00 now, and none of us had any idea as to when the ship would arrive.

I will miss them all really.

Washu, with her new inventions that are always getting us into some sort of mischief. But she has a sort of understanding about everyone, she knows what we all go through.

Kahuitso, or rather, my brother Yosho, and his quiet sense of knowledge. After all the time looking for him, I finally found him here, on Earth, with Funaho, his tree. I can understand now why he wanted to get away from Jurai, to come here. To escape his responsibilties, to escape our father; and the crown. Cowardly, yes some would say, but they do not always fully understand. And he has refused to come back to Jurai, for he wishes to be buried on this small planet.

Kiyone and Mihoshi; they are quiet to pair. While Mihoshi is bright, cheerful, and sometimes a little absent-minded, she is nice to talk to. Kiyone is just the opposite of Mihoshi; calm, quiet, always serious, and thoughtful.

I'll even miss Ryoko, and her cabbit Ryo-Ohki. I have been told Ryoko and I are like flip sides of a coin; she is blunt, flirtatious, and wild; while I am shy, polite, and inconsievably 'perfect'.

Of course, there is Tenchi. Quiet, responsible, caring Tenchi. I do care for him, yes, but could never tell him. My status and upbringing would never allow it. Besides, he would want to stay here on Earth, and not Jurai; as to were father would demand we stay on Jurai.

Its 6:30, so I wake Sasami up, so that way we may be able to get breakfast before we leave. Knowing father, the ship will arrive pretty soon.

"Sasami, wake up. We need to get ready if we are going to be ready for when the ship arrives."

She moaned a bit, and yawned as she opened her eyes.
"Oh, good morning Ayeka. What time is it?"

"Its around six thirty. Come, I will help you with breakfast, that way we can eat with the rest of the family before the ship arrives."

"Ok Ayeka." She went to go get dressed, so I went down to the kitchen to wait for her.

Looking out the window, I watched the sunrise. They were so beautiful; everday, a different picture. As the sun is rising, the sky is painted red, then red moves up for the gold and pink colors, as the sky turns to a periwinkle blue. The sun itself is is red fireball, changing the sky to this rainbow or colors.

I turned, hearing Sasami come into the kitchen. She quickly took out some pots, pans, and set them on the stove. Next, she took out different varieties of food.

"Ayeka, could you go set the table please?"

"Of course."

First, I went and wet a napkin to wipe the table off, just to make sure it was clean.
I went into the kitchen and took the silverware out of the drawer, then the napkins. I deftly set them out on the table; since I do this almost every morning. Next, I went back to the kitchen for the plates and cups, and set them out onto the table.

It took us the rest of the hour to get all the food ready, and then we set it out.

Sasami went to the edge of the stairs to call everyone down. " Breakfast is ready!"

Almost instantly, Kiyone and Mihoshi were there, followed by Ryoko. Tenchi came down a few minutes later. Kahuitso and Tenchi's father came next, and then we all took our seats at the table. Washu came out of her lab and joined us as we were getting started with breakfast.

There was little conversation as the meal passed. Finally, we were done, and everyone picked up their dishes to put them into the sink.

As we all started to go our separate ways, we heard a loud noise outside - the ship. It sounded like a sonic boom, screaming its way down onto the planet.

We all went outside to see. The ship hovered above the house, as a loud beam shot itself down to the ground in front of us.

Standing there were three men and a young lady, all obviously from Jurai.

The tallest one spoke up. "I'm am Captian Masta'ir (Mast a ir), of the ship Ma'kcry ( Ma cry). I have been sent here for the Princess Ayeka and Princess Sasami. I am to escort them back to Jurai."

I spoke up next, as it follows in tradition. "I am Princess Ayeka, and I thank you for taking your time to come all the way here to retrieve my sister and myself. We are ready to go back to Jurai." Saying this hurt me, for I was not ready to go 'home', and I'm sure Sasami wasn't either.

"Very well then; My two helpers will get your things. My sister, Naithra, will accompany you and the two guards up there."

I nodded and curtsyed, then turned to lead the way. The others, silent and solemn, quietly followed after us.

As the two guards, Nosko and Asama, retrieved our things, we all sat in the living room.

"Well, this is certainly a quaint little place; how do you all manage to live here together in such a small little place?" Naithra observed, whether out of politeness or want of conversation, I do not know.

Tenchi answered her. " Miss Washu added on to the house by using a dimensional gate."

She nodded. "Ah, the famous Washu, eh? I thought thats who I saw with the bright red, spiky hair. She looks like a child though."

I do not like this girls attitude.

After a few minutes, Tenchi and the others excused themselves, saying they needed to go do something, leaving Sasami, Naithra, and I here in the livingroom by ourselves.

"So tell me, Lady Ayeka, how do you like Earth?"

I looked at the girl closely. She had long, ankle length blonde hair, which was held up in the traditional adult style, like mine. Her eyes were the same bright, sunny yellow as her hair, giving her eyes a cat-like appearance. From the way she carries herself, you could tell she was a proud person, even though she was only the sister to a ships Captain.

"Earth is a very nice place to be; almost as beautiful as Jurai is."

There was no more conversation, because the Captain came in.

"We are ready to leave, ma'am. If you and your sister will come outside, we can board the ship and be on our way."

The three of us stood, and went outside. Tenchi and the others didn't even come to say good-bye.

But I would soon find out why.

As we went out to board the ship, I saw everyone standing there.

Ryoko turned and smiled. "Hey-hey, princess! We've decided to do go with you and Sasaim back to Jurai!Isn't that great?"

Sasami immediately smiled, and so did I.

"Thank you..all of you."

Tenchi turned and nooded, smiling. " Yea, we aren't going to let you two go to Jurai by yourselves."

The Captain nodded. Their things must already be on board.

"Well, times wasting, and we have a long way to go. So lets get going!"

We allwere about to board the ship; all except Yosho and Tenchi's father. Yosho stopped us quickly, with a few words of advice.

"Be on thy way, little ones; and let your spirit and heart guide you."

Both Tenchi and I nodded, then we, as the last two onto the ship, went aboard, going to face my destiny, whatever it shall be.
------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

TBC in "Chapter 3: Be Strong, and Face thy Destiny"
-- The ship, after traveling for what seems forever, finally reaches Jurai, but what surprises await them?