Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Princess ❯ Ch. 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"I don't understand why Ayeka was acting that way Tenchi! What's wrong with my sister?"

"I don't know Sasami...she may just be nervous. And with her friend gone, that might have gotten to her too.

Ryoko scoffed. "Still doesn't give her the right to talk to everyone like that."

Tenchi glared at her. "Since when did you care how she spoke to you or anyoe else?"

*****

"You can't hurt them Maladin.They will find me, and find out your pathetic plot to take over." Ashli growled at him.

He said nothing.

*****

"Hey look! Its Sapphire!" Sasami yelled, spotting the favorite pet of Ashli.

The white cheetah quickly ran up to Sasami, limping as she did so.

"Where's Ashli?"

*****

Everyone turned abrubtly to see the door open to my room. Father came out first, followed by the servants and myself. My eyes were downcast, looking at the floor. I did not wish to look at the possobly angry or hurt faces of my friends and sister.

Before they could say anything, I spoke.

"I wish to apologize for my outburst, and my behavior over the past few days. It was rude and uncalled for, and it will not happen again." Slowly, I looked up at them; more specifically, Tenchi and ryoko.

"If the two of you wish to live your lives together, I will not stand in your way. I am sorry I reacted the way I did yesterday, and I hope you will both accept my apology."

For a moment, no one spoke.

"Ayeka, Ryoko and I-"

"Your Majesties! There is an incoming hail from a ship, and they wish to speak with you!"

Sharply, I looked up at the servant. Something in the back of my head nagged at me that something was severly wrong with Ashli.

*~*

"Where am I!?"

"You are in the Void."

I looked over, and saw Ashli standing there. Her gown, a pure angelic white, flowed around her in the wind. It was very windy, so the gown looked like waves going around her. On her back, I saw something I had only seen once before on my friend - large wings, the same color as the gown she wore.

"The Void? Why am I - why are YOU here Ashli? Did something happen to us?"

She nodded. "In a way, yes. I am talking to you through my powers. Karine is helping me in showing you this, so that we may talk face-to-face; if only for a while. I am sorry if I seemed to have vanished in the real world. "

"Then what-!?"

"Do you remember a voice in your dreams, helping you to calm down after a nightmare?"

"Yes..."

"That was me, trying to warn you something was going to happen; I did not know what. You must find the power within yourself to save everything; unless your Empire turn into this." As she said that, she swept her arm in an arc, indicating the Void.

"But...you know as well as I do that I do not have THAT much power."

"You have to retrieve the..."

*~*

The image faded from my mind abruptly.

Opening my eyes, I saw the others looking down worredly at me.

"Ayeka, what happened? Are you okay?" Sasami's bright eyes, and Ryo-ohki's, both looked down at me.

"Y..yes, I am fine. What happened?"

Tenchi knelt down beside me, helping me to my feet. "The servant came in and said some ship was hailing the palace. We started walking down that way, you fainted."

I was standing now. My head felt dizzy.

"It...it was Ashli. She has been kidnapped."

"By who?" Everyone was looking at me now.

Somehow, even though she hadn't said it, I knew.

"Maladin."

------------------------------------------------------------