Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Pirate's Man ❯ Realization ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Seven

AN: I've edited this and now <blah blah blah> = `'blah blah blah''. Also - flashback = italics. Okay?

<HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! NOW you see what you have done, all of you!> The loud outburst was followed by a blinding flash of red ki and a big explosion. Screams were heard as the humongous building was reduced to smoldering ashes, the worker's skeletons burning in the rubble. A dark figure flew on to the yellow-green mansion, a half mile to the right. The figure had landed on the roof and was gathering up ki for another blast when it was knocked off the roof by a glowing girl with navy blue hair and a long, brown tail. The figure had almost reached the ground when the glowing girl flew down and caught it. The figure jumped out of the arms of the girl, and shot a ki blast at her. The girl yelled, <MOTHER! NOOO!!!> and was quickly transformed into a flaming ball of yellow fire.

<Kryoko! Kryoko! What's wrong, wake up, it's just a dream!>

The scene faded and the luxurious living room came back into view. Vyokami was kneeling next to Ryoko with a worried look on her face. Ryoko tried to get control of herself, to stop shaking and screaming, but couldn't. She tried to get her eyes back to normal, but she couldn't. She knew this was a sign, but Kagato was dead. She felt paralyzed. That was her, the figure was her. That was her, that was what she had done, what she was supposed to do, what she would do. But the girl - no, the girl shouldn't be there, the girl was wrong, it was wrong for her to be there, that's not how it was supposed to be. Ryoko looked at Vyokami and suddenly stopped screaming. Her shuddering body still couldn't be controlled, however, and she accidentally hit Vyokami in the face. Vyokami was suddenly enraged, and she started glowing an orangey color, her hair changing to red with blonde streaks. Her eyes started to glow bright red, which truly made Ryoko afraid. She was about to slap Ryoko across the face when a flask of black and purple stopped between Vyokami and Ryoko. Ryoko recognized the flash as the short girl whom she had seen earlier. Vyokami stopped her hand just before it hit the girl. The girl lunged into Vyokami and knocked her down, pinning her shoulders to the ground. Vyokami's orange hue left her and her hair returned to blue. She stopped fighting the girl and lied still. After checking to make sure that Vyokami was not still angry, the girl lightly stood back up and turned around to face Ryoko. Her bright blue eyes were clouded.

<What did you do?!?!?> she screamed.

Ryoko tried to answer her, but she couldn't make her mouth move. She continued to shake, less violently now, but still noticeably. The girl kept yelling at her, and looked murderous, but kept her hands at her sides, not once threatening to hurt Ryoko.

<She didn't do anything, Jett! Leave her alone!>

Vyokami stood and looked down at the girl, Jett. <Leave her alone, I'm okay now. Thanks for stopping me.> Vyokami looked at Ryoko, and then put her hands on Ryoko's wrists. Vyokami's cold, sweaty hands stopped Ryoko's shaking at once. Ryoko opened her mouth to speak, but a cracked, breathy squeak came out instead. <I better go get all of them, now. I think I know who this really - well, I just better go get them,> Vyokami stated. She then took Jett's hand and left Ryoko, who almost fell asleep again, but jerked herself awake.

Ryoko fought with all of her strength not to fall asleep. She didn't want that to happed again. She didn't want to have to remember the days under Kagato, the mass murder and terror that she had inspired. <No! What am I saying? Bad Ryoko! Kagato forced me to, the terror was inspired by Kagato, not me! Remember that! Never forget that! I am good!> Ryoko curled up into a ball and watched the little salty streaks of tears drip onto her knees, as she waited for `'them'' to get there. It took her a while to realize that those were tears of realization. Kagato's little robot, that's what she was. Nothing less, nothing more. No wonder Tenchi chose Ayeka. Ayeka wasn't a robot; Ayeka was royalty, a free, do-what-I-may princess. The kind of girl Tenchi would like. Not a pathetic robot. Not a Ryoko. And that girl that Vegeta had - she wasn't a robot. She hadn't been sent to Vegetasei to kill all of them, only to realize that she was too far away from Kagato to be controlled by him. She wasn't Kagato's robot; she was a free, intelligent beauty. No wonder. Ryoko was just a robot. Why try to be good? A robot was all she'd ever be good for. She might as well give up now. Ryoko just squeezed her eyes shut and stopped fighting. Not only did she stop fighting to stay awake . . . she stopped fighting to live.