Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Chance ❯ The picture worth a thousand tears ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any of the characters from tenchi muyo and i am not benefiting from
any profits. The only character i own is Tsetsuke Natamaru i give no permission to
anyone to use my character without permission.
Hunnnh……Ryoko sighed with her head in her hands, he gaze settled on the love as she sat on the dock near the masaki house. Shifting her gaze to the floating onsen she could hear Kiyone yelling at mihoshi for dropping yagamis cube in the water. “I’m sorry Kiyone!!!!” mihoshi wailed. Blocking out the noise ryoko returned to her thinking. ‘tenchi…..’ she thought of him wistfully. He hadn’t responded to any of her advances, if anything he’d pushed her away. She hated that he seemed to feel at more ease with the prissy little princess. “Ryoko!!!” ayeka shouted. ‘speak of the devil’ she thought. Not sticking around to see what she wanted she teleported to her favorite sakura tree. Pulling in her feet she tried to make herself invisible. ‘Invisible, is that what I need to do. Maybe it’s time to go, I seem to be losing the princess maybe I should go I’m only standing in their way…nothing but a space pirate!’ she thought to herself. “No! Tenchi’s mine I found him first, loved him first I always win! Ha ha ha ha ha,” she laughter as she jumped up. She sighed again no mirth anywhere inside of her and sat down on the branch once again. ‘What’s this? A pity party’ a voice called across the link. ‘shut up and get out of my head’ ryoko snarled at washu. ‘tsk tsk ryoko….remember though we were all brought her whether by fate or coincidence, this is your family do you really want to leave?’ the voice faded into the background leaving ryoko and her thoughts alone amongst themselves again. ‘Damn washu’ she thought.’ always in my head.’ Thought her words refused to leave and she found herself deep in thought again. Lifting her head, ‘maybe I’ll look for tenchi,’ she thought happily.
(In the house)
“Ryoko” Ayeka yelled, ‘Now where is that devil woman’ she thought,’ No doubt bothering tenchi….hussy.’ “Sasami.” ayeka said turning to her sister in the kitchen,” I’m going to see if I can find Ryoko.” with that she flounced out of the house walking towards tenchi’s carrot field. ‘Lord Tenchi’ she thought clasping her hands in front of her. Soon tenchi came into view, ryo-ohki jumping around his feet trying to get at the carrots. “Not yet ryo-ohki we have to get these home,” tenchi said to the cabbit laughing at the furry creatures antics. He reached up behind to scratch his head. He noticed something in the corner of his eye and turned around, “ oh…hi miss ayeka,” he said. “Good afternoon lord tenchi, have you seen ryoko?” she asked taking a step towards him. Not noticing the hole in the spot she stepped, she pitched forward straight into tenchi’s arms. She looked up and blushed as she notice how close both their faces were, being just a little bold the princess leaned in. At that moment ryoko chose to make her entrance. “Tenchi….” ryoko began quickly processing the scene then quickly teleported from the spot the only thing left behind was a single wet spot upon the ground. Tenchi jerked his head up looking around, “ miss ayeka are you okay?” he asked helping the princess up. “Ah yes lord tenchi, “ she said a little disappointed, “ would you like some company while you head home?” “Sure,” tenchi replied good naturedly. Farther in the forest it was calm, light seeping through odd openings. In the middle of the clearing a figure lay still upon her back. Cyan hair fanned out on the forest floor ,, limbs unmoving the only things that indicated that she was still alive were the constant stream of tears from her closed eyes. On the outside no sound was heard, but on the inside she rage, she hated, and she cried. She continued the endless cycle over and over until there was nothing left, no more tears or rage. And then the numb came, and she felt nothing. Pushing herself up she transported to the lake. Without thinking she plunged her head into the cold water, after 5 minutes 2 strong hands grabbed her and puller her out forcibly. “What do you think your doing?!” washu snapped. Ryoko slowly turned her head towards her, washu sucked in her breathe and took a step backwards at the pain in ryoko’s eyes. Attentively she pushed at the link, it held for a few seconds and the gave way. The pain swept over her, and she collapsed to her knees as her eyes filled. Ryoko blinked as if coming out of a trance, and snapped the link closed. Standing up she looked down at washu, “ stay out of my head, “ she growled and then walked towards the house. Washu knelt in the dirt of the yard rocking back and forth rubbing her arms. Desperately trying to warm the cold that had stolen into her soul. Everyone at the dinner table turned as ryoko walked in and sat down next to mihoshi. “ so where have you been? Hiding from your duties no doubt.” ayeka said to ryoko. Everybody held their breaths knowing what was coming. Ryoko just turned and looked at ayeka, she stood up and pushed her plate at mihoshi. “here,” she said. “ Thanks ryoko!” mihoshi said in-between bites oblivious to the strangeness of the act. “but ryoko,” sasami started, “ don’t worry kiddo I wasn’t that hungry any way thanks for the meal.” she ruffled the little princesses hair as she walked up the stairs. The table was silent for a second then returned to their meal. Tenchi stared at the stairs with a frown, something was wrong with ryoko. ‘After dinner’ he decided, ‘After dinner I’ll go talk to her.’ ryoko stared up at the stars, and just sat there trying not to think. Because if she did she’d see it all over again, Tenchi readying himself to kiss ayeka. ‘why not me!!’ she thought angrily, just as quickly as the thought came it was stolen away on the wind. She listened as someone climbed the ladder, and made their way over to her. Tenchi sat down next to ryoko, and turned towards her, he could see her profile perfectly in the beginnings of the moonlight. “ I know something’s wrong ryoko… you can tell me,” he said. Ryoko turned and looked at him there, with concern in his eyes. After a few minutes of silence, “ Tenchi…I, was thinking maybe it was time for me to go.” she said. Tenchi looked at her in disbelief, “ don’t be ridiculous ryoko, why would you go your welcome here.” Tenchi said trying to bank down the panic that was rising in his gut. She couldn’t leave it wouldn’t be the same. “ sure….I don’t really pull my weight around her, and there’s so much of this planet that I want to see and maybe I should….” she broke off. “ you don’t have to leave us to see the worlds we’ll all go with you, were all overdue for vacation anyway,” he said turning to ryoko only to find her not paying attention. Instead she was focus on a star in the sky, one that seemed to be getting brighter and brighter. Realizing what it was ryoko grabbed tenchi’s hand and phased into his room, at the moment the ship hit the ground and ryoko and tenchi went flying. The members of the family picked their way out of the disheveled house and found their way to the spaceship. Ryoko teleported her and tenchi close to it. A door opened and a young man stumbled out, his golden hair glinted in the moonlight and his cobalt blue eyes tried to focus.