The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction / Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Choices of the Heart ❯ Prologue ( Chapter -1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue:
The man sat at his desk, the features of his face hidden by the shadows of the deep blue hood he wore, surveying his latest work. A beautiful young girl stood in front of a mirror, smiling at the reflection. Her long hair fell in red waves about her shoulders, and her smile was one of pure joy. Beside her, his arm wrapped gently around her shoulder, stood an equally beautiful young man. Blond hair that shimmered like gold framed his youthful face, and his blue eyes sparkled with a joy that matched that of the girl's. At first glance, the painting seemed to depict a wonderful, happy moment, but for one single detail. The other hand of the young man, the hand not around the girl's shoulder, was clenched around a dagger, which he seemed to have just plunged into the girl's heart. A dark red stain was beginning to form, staining the girl's white dress. The girl seemed not to have noticed the dagger plunged through her heart, and smiled happily, blissfully unaware that her lover had just betrayed her.
A dark chuckle escaped from the man's lips. Yes, he could not wait to set his plan into action. What a wonderful moment it would be, to see that girl's smile fade as the man she loved took her life, to watch her shining blue eyes lose their glow, dimming at the last moment with an unbearable sorrow. Of course, he would give her a chance, one final time to change her mind, to give him what he really wanted, but if she refused, her fate would be sealed, as would the fate of the one she loved.
The man took the painting gently, lovingly in his hands, and strode over to a nail sticking out of the wall, surrounded by many other paintings, each one depicting the same girl. This painting would go into his personal collection; all others were unfit to view the beauty of this treasured work of art. Only he would see this painting. The corner of his mouth twitched into a half grin as he hung the painting on the nail. Soon, very soon, his plan would be set into action, and then everything he desired would be attained.
Still chuckling to himself, the man strode out of the room, shutting the door firmly and locking it with a click behind him.