The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A Legend Forgotten ❯ Meeting a Ruler ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: The Twelve Kingdom Characters belong solely to Fuyumi Ono, but Mariette and the other unknown characters I am writing about belong to me. If this disclaimer is wrong, then please do not sue me.)
 
Chapter 4: Meeting a Ruler
 
Wuya, Toshi, and Mariette stood in an empty alleyway. Wuya stood behind Mariette, while Toshi stood before them with a ragged cloth on his back making it look like a cape. He also had a wooden bowl on top of his head.
 
 
Wuya looked toward Toshi with an embarrassed look and said, “You don't have to be in costume to pretend to be a royal.”
 
 
Toshi smirked and said, “A great actor such as myself must be in costume.” He chuckled making Wuya and Mariette stare at him nervously.
 
 
“Since when is Toshi an actor?” asked Mariette. Wuya gave out a sigh and answered, “Since he made it up.”
 
 
Wuya clapped her hands getting Toshi's attention and said, “Just start acting like a royal, so we can get Mariette used to bowing properly.” Toshi nodded and struck a pose.
 
 
“I am the ruler of En. I own a golden carriage and eat delicious food like sweet buns everyday. I am the best and no one can surpass me,” announced Toshi as he began to give out a menacing laugh. Mariette cringed as she looked at Toshi and asked, “Is the king of En really like this?”
 
 
Wuya gave out a growl as she marched toward Toshi. She whacked him behind the head and yelled, “Don't give Mariette the wrong idea about the king!” Wuya's tone of voice made her sound almost like a demon. Toshi nodded nervously at Wuya and regained his composure.
 
 
Toshi gave out a sigh and said, in a bored tone, “I am the king of En.” Wuya nodded in approval and looked toward Mariette.
 
 
“Now bow down all the way like we showed you before,” instructed Wuya. Mariette nodded and attempted to bow down, but just like before her body became stiff.
 
 
“I can't,” said Mariette as she tried to bow. Wuya shook her head and placed her finger in front of Mariette's forehead causing Mariette to cringe.
 
 
“You better bow before I decided to poke your forehead,” threatened Wuya. Mariette shook her head and said, “You know I hate that.”
 
 
“Then bow.”
 
 
Mariette grunted as she tried to bow. Wuya shook her head and tried to push Mariette back down hoping that it would help, but Mariette remained stiff. Wuya gave a grunt as she pushed and said, “You need to loosen up.”
 
 
“I'm trying,” cried out Mariette. Wuya gave out a groan and sat on Mariette's back in hope that her weight would help. Mariette still didn't bow.
 
 
“This looks like hard work,” said Toshi as he watched Wuya try to push Mariette down. Wuya glared at Toshi and yelled, “Then help me!”
 
 
Toshi nodded and went in front of Mariette in kneeling position. He tried to push Mariette down by her shoulders, but she still wouldn't budge.
 
 
“It's like trying to push down a building,” said Toshi as he pushed. Mariette gave out a whimper and apologized repeatedly as her friends tried to make her bow.
 
 
“What are you doing?”
 
 
Mariette, Toshi, and Wuya froze and looked around for the source of the voice. Mariette sniffed the air and looked up. Sitting at the roof of a building just above them was a young boy with blonde hair in white clothing. Mariette gasped in surprise causing her cat features to pop out. Wuya and Toshi jumped away from Mariette in surprise.
 
 
“What are you surprised about?” asked Toshi. Mariette stood up and pointed toward the boy above.
 
 
“There's a boy there,” said Mariette as her cat ears twitched and her tail swayed. Wuya and Toshi looked up and saw the boy as well making them confused.
 
 
“Who's that?”
 
 
The boy leaped from the building roof and landed in front of them gracefully making them even more surprised.
 
 
“Who are you?” asked Wuya in shock. The boy stared at them and said, “You don't need to know runts, but who are you?” Wuya and Toshi growled.
 
 
“You don't need to know our names either jerk and why are you even here?” demanded Toshi angrily. The boy crossed his arms and said, “I was just looking around the kingdom and just happened to pass by you guys torturing the half-beast.”
 
 
Wuya, Toshi, and Mariette grew confused. Wuya and Toshi soon realized what he meant and screamed, “We were not torturing her!”
 
 
Mariette nodded and said, “They were just teaching me how to bow and how do you know that I'm a half-beast.” The boy shrugged and said, “It's hard to miss the cat ears and tail.” Mariette blinked in confusion and gasped in realization. She immediately tucked in her tail and ears and gave out a sigh.
 
 
“Thanks for telling me,” said Mariette as she looked at the boy. The boy gave a nod. He looked at Wuya and Toshi and said, “You guys were teaching her how to bow, but you weren't doing a good job.” Wuya and Toshi growled and screamed, “Can you do better?”
 
 
The boy nodded and looked toward Mariette.
 
 
“Just get on all four and bow your head until your forehead touches the ground. Mariette nodded and tried to do as she was told, but became stiff. Mariette gave out a whimper and said, “I still can't.” The boy growled and said, “How pathetic.”
 
 
Mariette looked down sadly. Toshi and Wuya glared at the boy and were about to yell at him, until they heard someone say, “Now that wasn't very nice, Enki.”
 
 
All of them looked up and saw the soldier from before walking toward them with a bright smile.
 
 
“The soldier,” said Mariette in surprise causing her tail and ears to pop out. The soldier nodded and said, “Nice to see you kids again.”
 
 
The boy, known as Enki, glared at the soldier and said, “You shouldn't say my name in front of these brats and why are you away from the hotel.” The soldier chuckled and said, “It was getting pretty boring.”
 
 
Wuya and Toshi stared at Enki and the soldier in disbelief making Mariette confused. Mariette walked up to them and asked, “What's wrong?”
 
 
Wuya looked at Mariette nervously and said, “That boy's name is Enki and the name of the Kirin in En is Enki.”
 
 
“Does that mean…?”
 
 
Toshi and Wuya nodded at the same time.
 
 
“That boy is the Kirin of En.”
 
 
Mariette gasped in surprise and looked toward Enki. She ran toward Enki excitedly. She stopped in front of Enki abruptly with shining eyes making Enki confused and began to shake his hand.
 
 
“It is very nice to meet you mister Kirin,” said Mariette excitedly. Enki pulled his hand away from Mariette confused.
 
 
“Nice to meet you too,” said Enki nervously. Mariette smiled brightly at Enki making him even more confused.
 
 
Wuya and Toshi ran to Mariette and said, “Don't talk to him like that.” Mariette looked at her friends confusingly wondering if she did something wrong again.
 
 
The soldier burst out laughing and said, “Looks like you have a fan Enki.” Enki growled and glared at the soldier.
 
 
“Stop laughing! You shouldn't even be out here stupid king!” yelled Enki. Wuya, Toshi, and Mariette stared at them with wide eyes.
 
 
“Stupid King?”
 
 
Enki twitched, while the soldier smiled. The soldier chuckled and said, “Looks like you blew my cover, Enki.” With that said, the soldier removed his helmet revealing his long black hair.
 
 
“My name is Shouryuu, king of En.”
 
 
Wuya, Toshi, and Mariette gasped in surprise.
 
 
“No way! Then who was in the golden carriage?” screamed out Toshi.
 
 
“The palanquin was empty.”
 
 
“Then why are you dressed like that?” asked Wuya.
 
 
“I didn't feel like riding the palanquin, so I dressed as a soldier.”
 
 
Wuya and Toshi were still shocked that they actually got to meet the ruler of En. Mariette stared up at Shouryuu and asked, “Are you really the king?” Shouryou nodded.
 
 
“Your dear friends did say that you wanted to see me that you even refused to bow,” said Shouryuu with a smile. Mariette shook her head and said, “That was just an excuse. I really couldn't bow for some reason.”
 
 
Mariette seemed close to tears. Shouryou chuckled and said, “How about trying to bow now since I'm right in front of you?” Mariette nodded and attempted to bow again in front of the king of En. To Mariette's surprise she was able to bow fully in front of Shouryou. Mariette broke into a smile and sprung up.
 
 
“I finally bowed,” cheered Mariette. Wuya and Toshi saw this as well and cheered for Mariette's success.
 
 
Enki watched them cheer with Shouryou and said, “Those are weird runts.” Shouryou smiled and said, “Just let them be happy.”
 
 
After Mariette, Wuya, and Toshi were finished celebrating they began to wish Shouryou and Enki farewell. Before Shouryou and Enki left, they began to introduce themselves.
 
 
“My name is Wuya, your majesty.”
 
 
“My name is Toshi, you royalness.”
 
 
“And my name is Mariette, your highness, and thank you for allwing me to bow.”
 
 
Shouryou nodded and said, “Nice to meet you kids and your welcome, my little kitten.” Wuya, Toshi, and Mariette grew confused by his last statement. Shouryou and Enki walked out of the alley leaving Mariette, Wuya, and Toshi.
 
 
“What did he mean by little kitten?” asked Mariette. Wuya and Toshi looked toward Mariette and gasped.
 
 
“Your cat features are showing,” they said at the same time. Mariette gave out a small gasp and tcked in her cat features quickly causing her friends to laugh. Mariette gave out a sigh and looked in the direction Shouryou and Enki went.
 
 
“I wonder if we'll meet again?”
 
 
Yoko stared at Mariette in spirit form and then looked in the direction Shouryou and Enki went.
 
 
“So the king of En and Enki met her in the past?” asked Yoko.
 
 
“That is correct.”
 
 
Yoko remembered the king of En and Enki when she first met them and then asked, “Why haven't they mentioned her?” Before the voice could answer, Yoko said, “I know. Just watch.”
 
 
Yoko stared at Mariette and felt herself smile.
 
 
Why would they erase such a nice girl like you?
 
 
(What do you know? I updates twice today, so that should make up for my yearlong absence. I bet some of you might have been glad to see Shouryou and Enki. Shouryou's character is a bit strange, but I'll try to stick to his character. That includes Enki's character as well. Please review!)