The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A Legend Forgotten ❯ Shouryou's Offer ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: The Twelve Kingdom Characters belong solely to Fuyumi Ono, but Mariette and the other unknown characters I am writing about belong to me. If this disclaimer is wrong, then please do not sue me.)
 
Chapter 10: Shouryou's offer
 
Day had arrived, so Wuya and Toshi were just getting up. Wuya gave out a yawn and said, “We finally get to leave this room.” Toshi gave a nod.
 
 
They suddenly remembered the night before and looked toward Enki. Enki was just getting up. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and spotted the twins glaring at him.
 
 
“I didn't do anything,” said Enki in an annoyed tone. Wuya and Toshi nodded and walked to Mariette's bed.
 
 
“Mariette, time to…”
 
 
Wuya and Toshi fell silent when they saw Shouryou in the bed holding Mariette close to his broad chest. Wuya and Toshi's bodies seem to be surrounded by flames as they glared at the scene.
 
 
Enki saw the twins' weird behavior and walked to them.
 
 
“What's with you…?”
 
 
Enki fell silent and his eyes widen when he saw Shouryou in the bed with Mariette. Enki clenched his fist and gritted his teeth.
 
 
Wuya, Toshi, and Enki punched Shouryou at the same time screaming, “You perverted king!” Shouryou snapped awake. Shouryou gave out a groan and looked at Enki, Wuya, and Toshi questioningly.
 
 
“Why are you three so violent in the morning?” asked Shouryou filled with confusion. Wuya glared at Shouryou and pointed toward the sleeping Mariette.
 
 
“Why are you in the same bed as Mariette?” demanded Wuya. Shouryou looked down at Mariette and smiled. He placed his hand on top of her head and began to pet her.
“Because my little kitten asked me to sleep next to her,” said Shouryou happily. The twins were about to yell at him, but Enki stepped in front of them and kicked Shouryou in the cheek.
 
 
“Don't take advantage of her innocence!” screamed Enki. Shouryou fell flat on the bed causing Mariette to wake up.
 
 
Mariette rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked at the others. She flashed them a bright a smile and wished them a good morning. She suddenly noticed Shouryou next to her shaking in pain. Mariette gasped in surprise causing her cat ears and tail to pop out. She kneeled over Shouryou.
 
 
“Are you all right, your majesty?” asked Mariette in concern. Wuya and Toshi pulled Mariette away from Shouryou and stated, “He's fine, Mariette.” Mariette was still concerned for the king for he still had dizziness clearly in his eyes, but she believed her friends' words.
 
 
Shouryou recovered in no time. He glared toward Enki and stated, “You didn't have to kick me.” Enki crossed his arms at Shouryou and said, “Well a kick wouldn't be able to get rid of your perverted tendencies.” Shouryou gave a groan and looked back at Wuya, Toshi, and Mariette, who were staring at him.
 
 
Shouryou smiled at them and asked, “Can you three leave the room, while I get dressed?” They nodded and were headed toward the door. They stopped in their tracks, when they heard Shouryou say, “My little kitten can stay if she wants though.” Mariette blinked in confusion. Wuya and Toshi glared at Shouryou causing him to cringe. Wuya and Toshi grabbed hold of Mariette and began to lead her out the door.
 
 
They shut the door behind them leaving Shouryou with Enki. Enki whacked the back of Shouryou's head and said, “Idiot.”
 
 
In the hallway, Mariette stood next to her friends. She looked at them and asked, “Are you guys mad at me?” Wuya and Toshi looked at Mariette and noticed that her cat ears were pointed low. They gave out a sigh and said, “We're not mad at you.” Mariette's ears perked up and she showed a bright smile.
 
 
“That's good,” said Mariette in relief. Wuya and Toshi smiled at her.
 
 
“Looks like the little singer has completely recovered.”
 
 
Wuya and Toshi tensed up and looked at the source of the voice. In the hallway stood Tenshi with a bright smile. Wuya and Toshi glared at him, while Mariette smiled up at him with her tail swaying back and forth.
 
 
“Nice to see you again, Tenshi,” greeted Mariette. Tenshi smiled down at her and petted her head.
 
 
“You look cute with your cat features,” complimented Tenshi. Mariette blushed causing Wuya and Toshi to growl. They yanked Mariette away from Tenshi and screamed, “Don't touch her!” Tenshi smirked at the twins holding Mariette.
 
 
“You can't protect her forever you know,” said Tenshi. Wuya and Toshi held Mariette tighter and said, “Who says?” Tenshi chuckled and looked toward Mariette, who had confusion sketched all over her face.
 
 
“I'll be seeing you again, little singer,” said Tenshi. With that said, he walked down the hallway away from them.
 
 
Toshi and Wuya gave out a sigh of relief and looked down at Mariette. They tucked in her cat features and said, at the same time, “Don't let other guys touch you.” Mariette nodded even though she was still confused.
 
 
Shouryou and Enki exited the room. Wuya, Toshi and Mariette looked toward them. Shouryou smiled down at them and said, “We should go outside now.” They all nodded in agreement and followed Shouryou and Enki out of the hotel.
 
 
When they were outside, Shouryou looked at the three children and said, “I have to go back to my kingdom now, but I want to ask my little kitten something.”
 
 
Mariette cocked her head to the side, while her two friends glared at him.
 
 
“What do you want to ask?”
 
 
Shouryou looked at Mariette seriously and asked, “Do you want to live with me in my kingdom?” Mariette gasped in surprise causing her cat features to pop out. Her two friends were just as surprised.
 
 
“Live with you?” asked Mariette in disbelief. Shouryou nodded.
 
 
“I talked it over with Enki and he says it's OK as well. Your two friends can live in the kingdom too,” offered Shouryou. Mariette was surprised that the king of En would offer to bring her to his kingdom, but she didn't know the reason why he would grant such an amazing offer.
 
 
“What do you say?” asked Shouryou awaiting an answer. Mariette looked back at her two friends, who looked troubled.
 
 
“What do you guys think?” asked Mariette. Wuya crossed her arms and said, “The kingdom of En is prospering and I heard that the people are nice.”
 
 
“The food there is also good,” added Toshi. Wuya and Toshi looked at Mariette seriously and said, in unison, “But it is your choice.”
 
 
Mariette gave a nod at them and then looked toward Enki.
 
 
“Would it really be all right for me to be in your kingdom, En-Chan?” asked Mariette. Enki nodded and said, “The people of En would love to hear your voice.”
 
 
Mariette then looked toward the streets of Kei, which was littered with dust. Mariette thought a while and looked at Shouryou seriously.
 
 
“I'm sorry, but I want to stay in Kei,” said Mariette. Shouryou looked at Mariette in surprise.
 
 
“Why?” asked Shouryou curiously.
 
 
Mariette held her hands together as she spoke.
 
 
“I was born in Hourai, where I was hated because of my cat features, but then I was able to arrive in the twelve kingdoms. I landed in Kei and met Wuya and Toshi, who became my first true friends. I began to sing to the night because I was happy. Then I met you and En-Chan and you guys took care of me when I was sick. All the kindness and the happiness I felt were because I arrived here. It was a short time, but my true place is in Kei along with Wuya and Toshi and my happy memories.”
 
 
Wuya and Toshi smiled at Mariette and gave her a hug.
 
 
“Mariette,” they said as they embraced her. Mariette hugged them back.
 
 
Shouryou smiled at Mariette and said, “I respect your decision, but you are always welcome to the Kingdom of En.” Mariette nodded at Shouryou.
 
 
Shouryou walked toward Enki and said, “Let's go then.” Enki nodded and transformed into his Kirin form. Mariette, Wuya, and Toshi stared at Enki in amazement.
 
 
“So that's his true form,” said Toshi in amazement. Shouryou picked up Enki's clothes and jumped onto Enki's back. He smiled down at them and said, “I hope to see you three again.” Mariette and her two friends nodded.
 
 
Shouryou suddenly urged Mariette to come closer. Mariette walked up to him. Shouryou leaned toward Mariette's ear and whispered, “The next time we meet might be in bed.” Mariette blinked in confusion. Enki heard Shouryou's words and glared toward him.
 
 
“Don't you dare do anything to her or I will personally throw you into the ocean,” threatened Enki. Shouryou chuckled and pulled away from Mariette.
 
 
“Bye, my little kitten,” said Shouryou with a wink. Mariette nodded and watched Enki and Shouryou fly off into the sky.
 
 
Mariette looked back at Toshi and Wuya and asked, “Was it really OK for us to stay in Kei?” Toshi and Wuya smiled at her and embraced her.
 
 
“It doesn't matter as long as we are together,” said Wuya and Toshi. Mariette nodded with a smile and embraced them back with her tail swinging happily.
 
 
Yoko smiled at the scene.
 
 
“So Mariette had a chance to go to En at this age, but decided to stay,” said Yoko.
 
 
“That is correct. She also had a feeling that she should stay.”
 
 
Yoko looked up at the sky and asked, “Was it because of her destiny?”
 
 
“Just watch.”
 
 
Yoko smirked and said, “I knew you would say that.”
 
 
(Thus ends the sick arc. Three chapters in one day, yeah for me. The next chapter should be another time skip. Review if you can.)