The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A Legend Forgotten ❯ The Last Night ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: The Twelve Kingdom Characters belong solely to Fuyumi Ono, but Mariette and the other unknown characters I am writing about belong to me. If this disclaimer is wrong, then please do not sue me.)
 
Chapter 9: The Last Night
 
Mariette and her friends remained in the room of the King of En talking about various things about the kingdom. Shouryou had joined into the conversation, even though Wuya and Toshi tried to kick him out. Enki tried to keep his distance from them.
 
 
There was suddenly a knock on the door. Shouryou looked toward the door after shoving Wuya, who was trying to kick him, away from him.
 
 
“Enter,” said Shouryou. The door opened revealing Tenshi with a bundle of red roses. Tenshi entered the room with a bright smile and greeted them.
 
 
Wuya and Toshi glared t him and asked, “What do you want?” Tenshi walked to them and handed the roses to Mariette making Mariette confused. Tenshi winked at her and said, “A singer such as yourself deserves roses to compliment you.” Mariette blushed and thanked Tenshi.
 
 
Toshi and Wuya sprang up and shoved Tenshi out of the room. Tenshi fell on his bottom and looked up at the angered twins.
 
 
“We already told you that you weren't allowed in here until Mariette has completely recovered!” they screamed. With that said, they slammed the door in his face.
 
 
Tenshi stared at the closed door and chuckled.
 
 
“Then I'll just wait,” said Tenshi as he left the front of the door.
 
 
Wuya and Toshi marched back to Mariette, who was even more confused. They sat next to her and then glared at Shouryou and Enki.
 
 
“As long as we are here, no one is allowed to mess with Mariette,” they announced. Mariette looked at her friends and stated, “But Tenshi just gave me flowers.” Shouryou smirked at Mariette and asked, “Do you know the language of flowers?” Mariette blinked in confusion.
 
 
“I do know, but the language of flowers shouldn't have anything to do with my gift from Tenshi,” stated Mariette. Shouryou, Wuya, Toshi, and Enki stared at Mariette confusingly.
 
 
“Why not?” asked Enki. Mariette held up her hand and said, plainly, “Because roses mean love and love has nothing to do with singing.” Shouryou burst out laughing, while Enki, Wuya, and Toshi were even more confused.
 
 
“Do you know what love means?” asked Toshi. Mariette shook her head and asked, “Should I?” Shouryou was rolling on the ground laughing, while Enki was wondering how a person could be so dense.
 
 
Wuya gave out a sigh and pulled the roses from Mariette's grasp.
 
 
“Love is complicated, so I'll tell you when you're older,” said Wuya. With that said, Wuya tossed the roses on a side table.
 
 
Mariette stared at the roses and gave out a sigh wondering if she said something wrong.
 
 
Night had a fallen after a long day in the room, so they were getting ready for bed. Wuya and Toshi looked toward Mariette, who was crawling into the bed, and said, “Sleep tight, Mariette. Mariette nodded and watched her two friends settle down in the sofa with the blanket over them.
 
 
Mariette noticed that her two friends were asleep instantly. She looked toward Shouryou and Enki. Enki was already fast asleep and surprisingly had a thick pillow on his side along with two wooden chairs blocking the bed. Shouryou on the other hand was still settling into his bed.
 
 
Mariette cocked her head at him and asked, “This is your last night in Kei, right?” Shouryou nodded. Mariette stared at Shouryou for a long while and then asked, “Do you want to sleep in the bed?” Shouryou looked at her confusingly.
 
 
Mariette held her hands close to her chest and said, “Well I am feeling better and you are the king so you should be more comfortable in your own bed. This is your last night here after all.”
 
 
Shouryou smiled at Mariette and said, “That's nice of you, but I wouldn't be a gentleman if I allowed you to sleep on this small mattress.” Mariette thought awhile and looked at Shouryou seriously.
 
 
“Then can you sleep in the bed with me?” asked Mariette. Shouryou was shocked by Mariette's request. He was about to refuse, but then he saw Mariette's puppy like eyes staring at him. Shouryou gave out a sigh of defeat and nodded.
 
 
Shouryou got up from the mattress and crawled into the bed next to Mariette. He pulled the covers over them and then looked at Mariette.
 
 
“Are you sure about this? Aren't you afraid that I might do something to you?” asked Shouryou curiously. Mariette shook her head and smiled.
 
 
“You wouldn't hurt me. I trust you completely,” said Mariette. With that said, Mariette cuddled against Shouryou's chest and shut her eyes to sleep. Shouryou stared down at her with a light blush against his cheek and then smiled. He hugged Mariette close and then kissed the top of her head.
 
 
“Sweet dreams, my little kitten,” he whispered and then fell asleep with Mariette in his embrace.
 
 
Yoko stared at Shouryou and said, “The way Shouryou acts is like a father.”
 
 
(Amazing how things work out. Two updates in one day. Let's try going for a third. ^_^)