The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A Legend Forgotten ❯ Enki's Dream or Nightmare ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: The Twelve Kingdom Characters belong solely to Fuyumi Ono, but Mariette and the other unknown characters I am writing about belong to me. If this disclaimer is wrong, then please do not sue me.)
Chapter 8: Enki's Dream or Nightmare
Night had fallen and Enki and Shouryou had returned to the hotel room after visiting the Kirin of Kei. They saw Mariette eating the soup with her two friends sleeping on either side of her.
Mariette saw Shouryou and Enki and smiled at them with flushed cheeks.
“Welcome back,” greeted Mariette. Shouryou nodded at her and looked at her sleeping friends.
Mariette looked down at them as well and said, “They got sleepy, so I told them to sleep when I woke up.” Mariette took a spoonful of her soup and smiled brightly.
“Delicious.”
Shouryou chuckled at Mariette and leaned toward her on the bed.
“You look cheerful, but it's obvious that you are still sick,” said Shouryou. Shouryou leaned toward her ear and whispered, “Until your fever is completely gone, you can stay in this hotel with me.” Mariette nodded.
Enki gave a pout and yanked Shouryou away from Mariette.
“We were supposed to leave after finishing our business,” said Enki in an annoyed tone. Shouryou looked back at Enki and said, “But my little kitten looks so helpless. I can't leave her like this.” Enki gave out a groan and turned away from Shouryou.
“Fine, but we are leaving when that fever of hers is gone,” said Enki. Shouryou nodded and looked back at Mariette.
“You heard Enki,” said Shouryou. Mariette nodded. She looked at Shouryou and Enki with flushed cheeks and said, “Thank you, your majesty and En-Chan.” Shouryou smiled brightly at her, while Enki had an indifferent look.
Shouryou ordered an extra mattress into the room, so Mariette could have the bed. Mariette looked at Shouryou and said, “You should have the bed, I'll take the mattress.” Mariette suddenly felt dizzy and plopped on the bed.
Shouryou chuckled and said, “With the circumstances, you should have the bed.” Mariette nodded with dizziness in her eyes. Mariette gripped the covers wishing she could sing in the night.
Shouryou approached her bedside making her look at him. Shouryou picked up Wuya's sleeping form and said, “Your friends should sleep on the sofa, so you can be more comfortable.” Mariette nodded. Shouryou placed Wuya and then Toshi on the sofa and placed a blanket over them to keep them warm. He looked back at Mariette to wish her goodnight, but she was already asleep. Shouryou chuckled and looked at Enki, who was already in his bed.
“Mariette sure is adorable,” said Shouryou with a smile. Enki glared at Shouryou and said, “I think those twins were right when they called you a pedophilic king.” Shouryou chuckled and said, “She's adorable, but I still prefer women with big chests.” Enki shook his head and looked away from Shouryou.
“Just go to sleep,” said Enki. Shouryou nodded and laid down on the mattress. He looked toward Mariette's sleeping form and smiled before drifting off to sleep.
In the middle of the night, Mariette awoke half asleep. Mariette shivered and tried to cover herself with the blankets. The blankets didn't seem to be doing anything for her, so she threw them off and walked out of the bed. She walked around the room dazed looking for a different source of warmth. She spotted Enki through her sleepy state and walked to him. She crawled into his bed and hugged him around his waist. Mariette began to feel warmer and smiled. She cuddled against his chest and fell asleep.
Enki woke up when he felt something on him. He tried to get up, but soon realized that he could barely move. He looked toward his body and gasped in surprise when he saw Mariette sleeping against him. He cringed and tried to pry her off, but Mariette refused to let go.
What's with this kid?
Enki attempted to pry her off again, but to no avail. Enki gave out a groan and slumped against his pillow.
Why is she even in my bed?
“So warm.”
Enki looked down at Mariette and saw her smiling as she held him. Enki felt himself blush and placed a hand on her shoulder.
“You really are naïve,” he whispered. Enki held her tighter and fell asleep.
Yoko smiled at the sight and said, “Maybe Enki will be a little nicer to her now.”
The next day, Wuya and Toshi awoke only to find themselves in the sofa. Toshi held the blanket that covered them and stated, “We must have been moved, so Mariette could sleep.” Wuya nodded in agreement. They jumped off the sofa and went to the bed.
When they reached the bed, they were shocked to see that it was empty.
“Mariette?” they screamed. Shouryou awoke from the mattress he was on and looked at Wuya and Toshi confusingly.
“What's wrong now?” asked Shouryou. Toshi and Wuya glared at him and screamed, “What did you do to Mariette?” Shouryou blinked in confusion. He stood up from the mattress and walked to the bed. His eyes widen when he saw that Mariette was gone.
“Where did she go?” said Shouryou in disbelief. Wuya and Toshi glared at him and said, “Stop faking! You know where she is.” Shouryou looked at them seriously.
“I'm not faking. I have no idea where she is,” said Shouryou seriously. Wuya and Toshi were about to yell at him, but stopped when they heard Enki groan. They looked toward Enki and froze when they saw Mariette hugging Enki with Enki holding her back.
“Enki?” asked Shouryou nervously. Enki woke up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He sat up with Mariette still attached to him. He held Mariette close and gave out a yawn.
“What do you want?” asked Enki tiredly. Shouryou glared at Enki making Enki confused.
“Who are you holding?” asked Shouryou seriously. Enki blinked in confusion and suddenly remembered Mariette. He looked down at her and saw her hug him closer. Enki blushed and looked up at Shouryou, Wuya, and Toshi. He could have sworn that he saw flames engulf them as they stared at him. Enki cringed and shook his head.
“You got it wrong. Mariette just crawled into my bed, while I was asleep,” said Enki in his defense. Mariette woke up, but still had tiredness in her eyes. Mariette smiled brightly and hugged Enki tighter causing him to blush.
“So warm,” whispered Mariette. Enki looked down at Mariette nervously and then back at Wuya, Shouryou, and Toshi. The flames around them seem to grow bigger as they glared at him. Enki screamed and exclaimed, “You got the wrong idea.”
Yoko laughed at the scene and said, “Enki sure is funny. I'm used to seeing him so serious.”
Enki had managed to clear things up after Mariette had explained what had happened. Enki was relieved, but he still felt a killing intent emitting from the twins.
Shouryou patted the top of Mariette's head and said, “You seem to be a little better, but to be on the safe side, you can stay here for one more night.” Mariette nodded with a bright smile.
Shouryou leaned toward her face and added, “You don't have to sleep in Enki's bed tonight.” Mariette nodded. Enki heard Shouryou's words and blushed deeply. Toshi and Wuya glared at Enki wondering if it was really a sin to murder a Kirin.
(Sorry about the late updates, but my computer has been mean to me. Please enjoy the update and review if you can.)