The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A Legend Forgotten ❯ Mariette's Sick ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: The Twelve Kingdom Characters belong solely to Fuyumi Ono, but Mariette and the other unknown characters I am writing about belong to me. If this disclaimer is wrong, then please do not sue me.)
 
Chapter 7: Mariette's Sick
 
Morning had arrived in the kingdom filling the room with light. Wuya woke up first and stretched up. She looked at Toshi and Mariette and said, “Wake up sleepy heads.”
 
 
Toshi woke up with sleep still in his eyes. He gave out a yawn and said, “Do I have to wake up?” Wuya nodded and then looked down at Mariette, who was still fast asleep.
 
 
“Come on, Mariette. Wake up, so we can leave this expensive hotel,” said Wuya. Mariette didn't move an inch. Wuya placed a hand on Mariette to wake her up, but froze. Toshi looked at his sister confusingly.
 
 
“What's wrong?” asked Toshi. Wuya turned pale and said, “Mariette's body temperature isn't normal.” Toshi blinked in confusion and placed a hand on her body. Toshi's eyes widen. He sat Mariette up and saw that her cheeks were flushed and she was breathing heavily.
 
 
“Mariette!” screamed Toshi and Wuya in concern. Enki and Shouryou woke up wondering what was going on. Enki jumped out of his bed and said, “Why are you guys making so much nose so early in the morning?” Wuya and Toshi looked at him with tear filled eyes making Enki confused.
 
 
“What's with you guys?” asked Enki.
 
 
“Something's wrong with Mariette,” they cried. Enki looked at Mariette and saw her labored breathing and flushed cheeks.
 
 
“I think she just caught a cold,” said Enki like it was nothing. Wuya and Toshi looked at Mariette in concern wondering what they should do.
 
 
Shouryou approached them and saw Mariette's body. He looked at her seriously and kneeled down in front of her. He placed a hand on her forehead causing Mariette to cringe in her sleep and felt heat radiate from it.
 
 
“She's definitely sick,” said Shouryou. Shouryou removed a parchment from his pocket and began to write on it. When he was done, he handed the parchment to Wuya and said, “You should go down to the bottom floor and get these items from the owner of the hotel. We need these to make her better.” Wuya nodded and looked at Toshi.
 
 
“Watch over Mariette, Toshi,” said Wuya. Toshi nodded. Wuya ran out of the room. Toshi looked toward Enki and asked, “Why couldn't you get the stuff?”
 
 
Enki crossed his arms and stated, “Not my job.” Shouryou chuckled and said, “I had a feeling you would say that. That's why I asked that girl Wuya to get it.” Toshi stared at them and then looked back at Mariette.
 
 
“She looks uncomfortable,” said Toshi in concern. Shouryou nodded in agreement. He looked toward his bed and said, “With the circumstances right now, she should rest in my bed.” Toshi nodded in agreement, while Enki gave a pout. Shouryou carried Mariette bridal style and took her to his bed. He then laid her gently down and placed the silk covers over her body. Mariette shivered in her sleep.
 
 
“She's still cold,” said Shouryou worriedly. Toshi stared down at Mariette and asked, “How did she even get sick?”
 
 
Enki crossed his arms and said, “Maybe because of the lack of sleep and food and she slept on the sofa without a blanket.” Toshi gave a whimper wondering if he was at fault.
 
 
Shouryou patted his head and said, “Don't worry. She should be fine after we get the supplies from your sister.”
 
 
Shouryou suddenly smirked and said, “If not, we can always have someone use their body warmth to make her better.” Toshi cringed, while Enki prepared to whack Shouryou.
 
 
Wuya suddenly burst in the room screaming, “In your dreams, pedophile!” All of them looked toward Wuya and saw her at the doorway with the blonde haired boy from the night before standing behind her with the needed items.
 
 
“Whose that?” asked Toshi as he glared at the boy. The boy smiled at them and said, “My name is Tenshi, the owner of this hotel.” Toshi gasped in surprise.
 
 
“You serious?” asked Toshi in disbelief. The boy, known as Tenshi, nodded.
 
 
Wuya gave a grunt and said, “I couldn't believe it either.” Toshi ran to his sister and asked, “Why is the owner here anyway?”
 
 
“The items for Mariette were too heavy, so the owner offered to help me, even though I refused at first,” explained Wuya. Toshi gave a nod.
 
 
Shouryou stood up and looked at Tenshi with a smile.
 
 
“Thank you for helping,” said Shouryou. Tenshi nodded and said, “Anything to help a person in need, especially if it is a request from the king of En.” Enki gasped in surprise.
 
 
“You knew?” asked Enki in disbelief. Tenshi nodded and stated, “I can tell by the way he acted and how a Kirin like you always stuck with him.” Enki crossed his arms and turned away from Tenshi. Tenshi chuckled and then looked toward Mariette's sickly form.
 
 
“So the young lady from last night is the one who got sick,” said Tenshi. Shouryou looked at Tenshi and asked, “So you met her?” Tenshi nodded and added, “But I don't know her name.”
 
 
“And you don't need to know it,” said Wuya and Toshi in unison. Tenshi looked back at them and said, “You two sure are overprotective.” Wuya and Toshi gave a pout.
 
 
Tenshi looked back down at Mariette and began to place the items down. He then pulled out an ice pack from the piled up items and placed it nicely on Mariette's sweating forehead. Mariette cringed in her sleep when she felt the ice pack on her head. Tenshi grabbed a thicker blanket from the pile and placed on Mariette's body and then pulled out a towel to wipe away her sweat.
 
 
Tenshi looked at Wuya, Toshi, Shouryou, and Enki and said, “There's medicine here, but I don't know how we are going to give it to her.”
 
 
Shouryou smirked and suggested, “How about mouth to mouth?” Wuya and Toshi glared at him and screamed, “No way! Mariette's only eight you pedophilic king!” Shouryou chuckled, while Enki glared at Shouryou. Tenshi chuckled as well and said, “Now that I think about it, if you wake her up, she can take the medicine herself.”
 
 
Wuya and Toshi glared at him and said, “Say that sooner.” Tenshi laughed again and stood up from the ground. He patted Mariette's head and said, “I'll go downstairs and get Mariette some delicious soup.” Shouryou nodded and allowed Tenshi to leave the room.
 
 
When Tenshi was gone, Toshi looked at his sister and asked, “How did he know Mariette's name?” Wuya shrugged. Enki glanced at them and said, “Because you two yelled out her name when you were yelling at the king.” Toshi and Wuya remembered their outburst and blushed.
 
 
Shouryou chuckled at them and then looked down at Mariette.
 
 
“We should wake up the little kitten,” stated Shouryou. Toshi and Wuya nodded in agreement, while Enki could care less. Shouryou shook Mariette's body, but Mariette refused to wake up.
 
 
Mariette's hand suddenly went up and whapped the ice pack off her forehead making Shouryou confused. Shouryou picked the ice pack up and was about to place it on Mariette's forehead, but Mariette grabbed his wrist preventing him from doing so. Mariette opened her eyes tiredly and looked at Shouryou with flushed cheeks.
 
 
“I hate it,” muttered Mariette with flushed cheeks. Shouryou blushed at Mariette's flushed face and dropped the ice pack.
 
 
Wuya and Toshi tossed Shouryou immediately away from Mariette causing Enki to gasp in surprise. Toshi held the water, while Wuya had the medicine.
 
 
Mariette looked at her friends and asked, “What happened?” Wuya smiled down at Mariette and said, “You caught a fever, so you need to take this medicine to get better.” Mariette nodded and took the medicine pill from Wuya. Mariette tossed it into her mouth and then drank the water from Toshi. Mariette swallowed the medicine.
 
 
“I must have caused trouble for his majesty and En-Chan,” said Mariette tiredly.
 
 
“No kidding and don't call me En-Chan,” said Enki with a grunt as he helped Shouryou up. Shouryou shook his head and said, “You didn't cause only problems my little kitten.” Wuya and Toshi glared at him and screamed, “Don't call her kitten!”
 
 
“Why would he call Mariette kitten?”
 
 
Wuya and Toshi froze and looked toward the doorway only to see Tenshi with a bowl of noodle soup. Tenshi repeated his question. Wuya and Toshi remained silent.
 
 
Mariette noticed Tenshi at the doorway and asked, “Aren't you from last night?” Tenshi nodded and introduced himself to her. He walked to her and placed the soup on the side table.
 
 
Tenshi smiled at her and asked, “So why would the king of En call you kitten?” Mariette opened her mouth to answer, but Enki cut in and said, “Because she's a half-Beast.” Tenshi blinked in confusion.
 
 
“A half-beast?”
 
 
Mariette nodded. Tenshi smiled down at her and said, “Then tell me why the king of En would call you here.” Mariette felt her face heat up and said, “Because of my singing.” Tenshi thought a while and snapped his fingers in realization.
 
 
“Were you the one singing last night?” asked Tenshi. Mariette nodded. Tenshi smiled brightly and stated, “Your voice was very angelic.” Mariette blushed deeper causing Wuya and Toshi to glare at Tenshi. They pulled Tenshi away from Mariette and tossed him out of the room making him confused.
 
 
“You are not allowed in here until Mariette is completely recovered!” yelled Wuya. Toshi nodded in agreement and slammed the door shut. Tenshi stared at the closed door and laughed.
 
 
“Funny kids.”
 
 
Wuya and Toshi marched back to Mariette and looked at her in concern.
 
 
“You all right?” they asked. Mariette nodded and then looked at Enki and Shouryou, who were just watching.
 
 
“I'm sorry for the trouble,” said Mariette. Shouryou shook his head and said, “There's nothing to be sorry about.” Mariette smiled at Shouryou. Shouryou smiled back at her and turned away from her.
 
 
“Enki and I need to head to the palace of Kei to speak with the Kirin, so you just rest here for the time being,” said Shouryou. All three of them nodded and watched Enki and Shouryou leave the room.
 
 
Before leaving, Enki looked back at them and said, “Don't cause trouble.” With that said, he shut the door behind him.
 
 
Wuya and Toshi looked back at Mariette and told her to sleep. Mariette nodded and wished them a good night as she closed her eyes.
 
 
Yoko stared at Mariette's weakened form with worry in her eyes.
 
 
“I hope she gets better soon. I really want to help, but I can't,” said Yoko worriedly. Yoko leaned toward Mariette's form and tried to touch Mariette's cheek, but her hand went through. Yoko gave out a sigh and whispered, “Please get better.”
 
 
(This chapter was descent, but I'm really tired now. The next chapter will be up soon and please keep reviewing, so I know what you guys are looking for.)