The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A Legend Forgotten ❯ Saving Wuya ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Disclaimer: The Twelve Kingdom Characters belong solely to Fuyumi Ono, but Mariette and the other unknown characters I am writing about belong to me. If this disclaimer is wrong, then please do not sue me.)
 
 
Chapter 13: Saving Wuya
 
A flash of light forced Yoko to shut her eyes again. Yoko opened her eyes when the light cleared and stated, “These time changes are happening fast.”
 
 
“Four months have passed this time.”
 
 
Yoko gave a nod and watched the scene of the lake appear again.
 
 
Mariette and Wuya were fishing in the lake, while Toshi was trying to light the fire with Usagi and Yuki, who had grown a little, staring at him. Toshi looked at Usagi and Yuki uneasily and said, “Can you guys stop staring at me? I feel like you guys are getting ready to eat me.”
 
 
Usagi licked his lips making Toshi cringe. He looked toward Mariette desperately and asked, “Can you tell Usagi and Yuki to stop watching me?” Mariette looked toward Toshi, Yuki, and Usagi and said, “Yuki, Usagi leave Toshi alone.” Yuki and Usagi nodded and made their way to Mariette instead.
 
 
When they reached Mariette, they licked her causing her to giggle. Wuya looked toward Mariette and asked, “Are you really OK with us moving into the woods?” Mariette nodded and looked at Usagi and Yuki.
 
 
“We can't bring Usagi and Yuki into the village because the villagers will panic and Yuki and Usagi don't like being separated from me for a long period of time, so this is the best solution,” said Mariette with a warm smile.
 
 
Wuya and Toshi smirked at Mariette. Wuya tossed a fish to her side and then stood up. She dusted off her clothes and looked down at Mariette.
 
 
“I'm going to get some edible plants, so wait here with Toshi and your pets,” said Wuya. Mariette nodded.
 
 
Wuya ran into the woods out of sight.
 
 
Toshi had finally managed to light the fire. He gave a nod and then looked toward Mariette. He noticed her smile and blushed. He made his way to her side. He sat next to her making Mariette look at him.
 
 
“Do you want something, Toshi?” asked Mariette with a bright smile. Toshi was bright red as he stared at Mariette. He smiled and said, “I know that it is still a while till we are of marriageable age, but can I kiss you?” Mariette blinked in confusion.
 
 
“Why?”
 
 
Toshi hugged his legs and said, “Because that is what people do when they like each other.” Mariette smiled and nodded.
 
 
Toshi's blush became deeper. He leaned toward Mariette with his beating a mile a minute. Usagi suddenly pulled Toshi away from Mariette roughly by the shirt causing him to fall on his back. Yuki then sat on his stomach preventing him fro getting up. Toshi gave out a groan.
 
 
“Why are you two always interfering?” asked Toshi angrily. Mariette giggled at the scene and crawled to Toshi. She smiled down at him and said, “I'll give you a kiss.” Toshi blushed and closed his eyes. Mariette bent down and kissed his cheek making Toshi confused. Mariette gave out another giggle and said, “I should give Wuya a kiss too.”
 
 
Toshi gave out a sigh knowing full well that Mariette didn't understand what he meant by a kiss.
 
 
After a long while, Mariette and Toshi were cooking the fish, while Yuki and Usagi played with one another. Mariette looked up at the sky and noticed that it was already getting dark. She looked in the direction that Wuya left before and said, “Why isn't Wuya back yet?”
 
 
Toshi gave a shrug. Toshi suddenly felt something grab at his heart and cringed. He placed a hand to his heart making Mariette look at him.
 
 
“Is something wrong Toshi?” asked Mariette. Toshi looked at Mariette confusingly.
 
 
“I'm not sure,” said Toshi as he gripped his heart. Toshi shook his head and continued to cook the fish. Mariette stared at Toshi and then looked in the direction Wuya left again.
 
 
“I'm going to look for Wuya,” said Mariette. Toshi nodded and watched Mariette run toward the trees. Yuki and Usagi were about to follow, but Mariette told them to watch over Toshi.
 
 
Mariette disappeared from sight. Toshi stared in the direction ran off in and placed a hand to his heart again.
 
 
“Wuya, please be OK.”
 
 
Mariette ran through the woods calling out Wuya's name. There was no answer making Mariette extra concern.
 
 
“Where are you, Wuya?”
 
 
Mariette suddenly heard a scream causing Mariette to gasp in surprise. Her cat ears and tail popped out from the shock. She looked in the direction the scream came from and ran as fast as she could. She soon reached a cave.
 
 
Mariette stopped in her tracks and stared into the pitch-black cave. She looked toward the ground and noticed footprints. She bent down to examine them. She sniffed the air with her tail still swaying and gave out gasp. She caught the scent of fish coming from the cave and knew full well that Wuya had gone fishing with her not too long ago. Mariette came to the conclusion that Wuya had entered the cave most likely to find edible plants.
 
 
Mariette stood up with determination in her eyes and entered the cave. Within the cave was nothing, but darkness. Mariette squinted and realized that she was able to see through the darkness. Mariette placed a hand to her eyes and realized that it was because of her cat part. Mariette gave a nod and traveled through the cave.
 
 
Mariette soon saw a figure and looked closer. Mariette gasped in surprise when she realized it was Wuya. Mariette ran toward her calling out her name.
 
 
Wuya looked at Mariette with pain clear in her eyes.
 
 
“Mariette?”
 
 
Mariette nodded as she ran toward her friend. Wuya shook her head and looked at Mariette seriously.
 
 
“Don't come any closer!” yelled Wuya forcing Mariette to stop in her tracks.
 
 
“Wuya?”
 
 
Wuya looked at Mariette seriously and said, “My leg was cut pretty bad, so there's a lot of blood. Too much blood would make you feint and I don't want that. Besides…”
 
 
Mariette's eyes widen when she noticed a thousand eyes behind Wuya.
 
 
“I'm as good as dead,” Wuya concluded. A tentacle emerged from behind Wuya and wrapped around Wuya's neck causing Wuya to gasp. Mariette gasped in surprise and tried to run to Wuya again, but Wuya screamed for Mariette to stop.
 
 
“I don't want you to die, Mariette,” said Wuya as she was strangled. Mariette clenched her fist and looked at Wuya seriously.
 
 
“It's the same for me,” said Mariette. With that said, she ran at Wuya. She grabbed Wuya's wrist and yanked her away from the tentacle that had her. Mariette hugged Wuya close and said, “I don't want to see you die, Wuya.” Wuya burst out crying.
 
 
 
 
Mariette caught the scent of Wuya's blood and felt her strength begin to leave her. Wuya looked at Mariette with tear filled eyes.
 
 
“You have to get out of here before you pass out,” said Wuya. Mariette shook her head and said, “I'm not leaving without you.”
 
 
“Give her to me.”
 
 
Mariette glared at the thousand eyes still behind Wuya. Mariette stood firmly in front of Wuya and said, “I want let you have my friend.”
 
 
The thousand eyes glared back at her.
 
 
“Back down.”
 
 
Mariette shook her head and said, “I will never back down.” Wuya looked at Mariette confusingly.
 
 
“Can you understand this Youma too?” asked Wuya weakly. Mariette nodded.
 
 
“Back down.”
 
 
Mariette shook her head again. Mariette glared at the Youma with the thousand eyes and screamed, “You back down.” The Youma seemed to flinch at Mariette's words. Mariette noticed this and smirked.
 
 
“Back down!” screamed Mariette. The Youma flinched repeatedly. Mariette glared harder on the Youma. Her green eyes became red making Wuya confused.
 
 
“Back down!” screamed Mariette with all her might. The Youma gave one final flinch and the thousand eyes dispersed.
 
 
 
 
Mariette gave out a sigh of relief and fell to her knees. Her eyes returned to their original color. She looked at Wuya filled with relief and said, “He left.” Wuya burst into tears and embraced Mariette tightly. Mariette felt tears escape from her eyes too as she hugged Wuya.
 
 
They suddenly heard a meow and looked in the area where the Youma was before. Out of the darkness emerged a black cat. Mariette and Wuya blinked in confusion. The cat approached them and bowed down toward Mariette.
 
 
“I will serve you master,” the cat said making Mariette gasp in surprise.
 
 
Wuya looked at Mariette confusingly and asked, “What's wrong?” Mariette looked at her friend and asked, “You didn't hear what the cat said?” Wuya shook her head and stated, “I didn't hear anything, but a meow from this cat.”
 
 
Mariette stared at the cat with sweat against her forehead.
 
 
“Why am I your master?” asked Mariette nervously. The cat lifted his head.
 
 
“Because I have submitted to you. You did tell me with your power to back down.”
 
 
Mariette blinked in confusion and gasped in realization. She pointed at the cat in disbelief and asked, “Are you that Youma?” The cat nodded. Wuya and Mariette were shocked.
 
 
Wuya glared at the cat and said, “So the Youma was a Toutetsu.” Mariette looked at her friend confused.
 
 
“Toutetsu?”
 
 
Wuya nodded and said, “That's a Youma that can shape shift. That's why it became a cat.” Mariette gave a nod and looked at the cat.
 
 
“If I am your master, then does that mean you have to do everything that I tell you?” asked Mariette. The cat nodded.
 
 
Mariette gave a frown and said, “That's nice, but you hurt Wuya really badly.” The cat bowed to Mariette again and apologized. Mariette gave out a sigh and looked toward Wuya.
 
 
“I'll forgive you, if you get Wuya and I out of this cave,” said Mariette still unsure. The cat nodded and transformed into a huge wolf causing Wuya and Mariette to gasp in surprise. The Youma now in wolf form bent down telling Mariette to get on with her friend. Mariette nodded and helped Wuya onto the Youma. Mariette suddenly caught the scent of Wuya's pouring blood and felt her energy leave her. Mariette feinted causing Wuya to gasp.
 
 
“Mariette,” said Wuya in concern when she saw her friend fall to the ground. The Youma picked Mariette by the shirt and tossed her onto his back. Wuya held onto Mariette with tears in her eyes. The Youma gave a nod and dashed out of the cave with Wuya and Mariette on his back.
 
 
The Youma soon reached the exit and stopped in his tracks. He looked toward Mariette, who was still unconscious.
 
 
Wuya was crying as she cradled her friend. She looked at the Youma and said, “I heard Mariette say that she is your master, so please do something to help her.” The Youma gave a nod and was about to rush off, but paused. He looked to the side and noticed a seven-year-old boy with green hair staring at him.
 
 
Wuya noticed him too and called out, “Can you please help us?” The boy stared at them filled with confusion. He shook his head and ran off. Wuya gasped in surprise. The Youma noticed the boy run off and chased after him.
 
 
The boy was running as fast as he could with the Youma behind him. The boy gave out a scream as he ran.
 
 
The boy soon reached a cabin and called out for his grandpa. The door swung open revealing an old man in tattered clothes.
 
 
“Narumi?”
 
 
The boy, known as Narumi, embraced the old man crying. The old man asked what was wrong, but soon found out when he saw the Youma rushing at him. He gave out a scream and hugged Narumi tightly. The Youma stopped in front of the old man and Narumi.
 
 
Wuya looked at the old man and Narumi with tear filled eyes and asked, “Can you help us?” The old man looked at Wuya in shock. Wuya showed Mariette's unconscious form and said, “My friend has feinted and I'm bleeding pretty badly.” The old man remained silent. Wuya looked at the Youma she was on and said, “I don't think the Youma will hurt you, so please help us.” Wuya suddenly fell over.
 
 
The old man released Narumi and caught Wuya before she could hit the ground. He noticed her cut leg and cringed. He saw that Wuya had feinted as well. He held Wuya bridal style and looked at Narumi.
 
 
“Get the other girl on the Youma,” he ordered. Narumi nodded still unsure about the situation. He walked up to the Youma and reached toward Mariette. The Youma growled at Narumi making him nervous.
 
 
“I'm just taking her inside to get treated,” explained Narumi. The Youma nodded and tossed Mariette to Narumi. Narumi caught her and noticed her cat ears and tail.
 
 
“Half-beast?”
 
 
Narumi shook his head and tried his hardest to carry Mariette into the cabin. The Youma transformed back into a cat and followed them inside.
 
 
Yoko stared at the scene of the cabin.
 
 
“I hope she's all right, but it is pretty amazing that another Youma is now serving her,” said Yoko. Yoko suddenly remembered the story of Taiki she heard fifty years ago and said, “But wasn't Taiki the first to tame a Toutetsu?” Yoko clenched her fist still wondering why Mariette was erased.
 
 
(Second part of the mega update. I know getting this Youma was too easy, but I was getting a little lazy. Next Mega update.)