Tokimeki Memorial Fan Fiction ❯ Toki Days ❯ The Greasehaired Transfer Student ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Toki Days
 
A Tokimeki Memorial - Happy Days Crossover / Slightly AU, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Parody
 
by Sailor Enlil
 
 
Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You story with a flavor of Happy Days
 
Synopsis: Shiori Fujisaki starts her 2nd year in Kirameki Highschool with vague memories of her childhood. On the first day of school when she arrives at the gate, Rei Ijuuin, the Principal's grandson, makes his usual grand entrance via a limousine and cheering girls, a routine he's gone through since junior high. However, a new male transfer student in a black leather jacket arrives as a passenger on a motorcycle, and when he removes his helmet, he's dashingly handsome with a greased hairdo and carries himself like a debonair gentleman, effectively drawing the girls away from Rei. Meanwhile, as Shiori looks at him, she gets a nagging feeling in her heart that there's something strangely familiar about him.
 
 
Tokimeki Memorial is property of Konami; Happy Days is the creation of Garry Marshall and property of the American Broadcasting Company
 
 
Chapter prologue
 
(Tuesday, April 1, 1997)
 
"I bet this is going to be a great time for us, Megumi-chan" said a girl with chestnut brown eyes and long red hair held in a headband, walking along the sidewalk.
 
"Umm, yeah I guess so Shiori-chan" replied her shy brown-haired companion.
 
It was the first day of school at Kirameki Highschool, and Shiori Fujisaki and her best friend Megumi Mikihara were on their 2nd year and were on their way to the campus. Shiori progressed through her freshman year with an impressive academic record and the school admin had high hopes for her. She didn't need to be told, given her ambition of going to Tokyo University after graduating.
 
She had everything going for her up to this point - good grades, excellent athletic abilites, and she was beautiful and liked by all guys. But one thing bothered her. Her childhood memories were quite hazy, and only had a blurry vision of her past. She felt something special was missing in life, but wasn't sure what it was. She was snapped out of her reverie by loud cheering as she and her companion reached the school gate.
 
A black Mercedez Benz pulled over at the gate while a crowd of girls swarmed around it. As soon as the guard opened the rear passenger door, the girls' cheering grew louder, then even more so as the passenger got out and stood up before the door was closed.
 
"Ah ladies! Good morning to you all!" said the ridiculously handsome guy with yellow eyes and long blonde hair tied in a ponytail. "Let I, Rei Ijuuin, grace your day!" He then dismissed his ride, which drove off.
 
"(Sigh!) Rei Ijuuin. Does he have nothing better to do?" mumbled Shiori, closing her eyes and letting her head bow in disgust.
"Umm, I guess not. Well, he, is the principal's grandson right?" stuttered Megumi.
"Just because he is doesn't mean he has to show off every morning." muttered Shiori.
 
The commotion went unabated for a few moments, until that itself was interrupted by the sound of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle stopping at the gate with two helmeted riders on it (their faces could not be seen since their black helmets covered their whole heads and the visors were tinted black). The rear passenger, who had a black leather jacket on with the front open, was still clearly a student of Kirameki, as identified by his slacks, and the shirt under his jacket (so he was in full uniform). He then tilted his head up with a gleam on his helmet's visor...
 
 
 
Opening Theme
 
Nichi, Tsuki, Toki Days
Ka, Sui, Toki Days
Moku, Kana, Toki Days
Tsuchi, what a day
Groovin' all week with you
 
These days are all,
Tokimeki (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Share them with me (Itoshii)
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Opening Theme Ends
 
 
 
Chapter 1: The Greasehaired Transfer Student
 
The motorcycle's arrival caught everyone's attention, much to Rei's irritation. "How dare this imbecille rob me of my quality time!" he remarked, glaring at the new arrivals.
 
Shiori just rolled her eyes.
 
The motorcycle passenger got off, then slowly took off his helmet, revealing a dashingly handsome guy with a greased hairdo. It looked apparent he wasn't a pure Japanese, in fact he was half American, despite his raven black hair and dark brown eyes. He set the helmet on a holster on the motorcycle.
 
"Thanks! Catch ya later!" he told his companion.
 
"See ya!" replied the motorbike driver, catching the former's hand in a kind of low-five, just before riding away.
 
The raven haired Kirameki student then took his jacket off and, while holding a corner of it with his right hand, slung it over his back while running his other hand through his hair as if to straighten it. He then started walking in a somewhat dignified manner into the school campus while showing a neutral face with a tiny and almost unnoticable smile.
 
All the girls stared at him in awe. They've never seen a guy as handsome as he was, other than Rei Ijuuin. However he seemed to have a different atmosphere from the blonde. Something about him somehow gave the girls the impression that he was more down-to-earth and gentlemanly. The silence didn't last long, as the girls broke into the same loud shrieks they did earlier for Rei. The guy took notice, stopped and looked around. What he did next took everyone by surprise.
 
"Eyyyy!!" he remarked with grin while extending his left arm out and doing a "thumbs up" gesture and showing a modest smile, causing the girls to scream even louder. "Easy there ladies, just a simple good morning would do!" he said loudly while showing an even bigger smile.
 
The girls quieted down, then chanted "Ohayo Gozaimasu!" in unison.
 
"That's better. Now, better get to class girls! There'll be lots of time for fun later. Ja!" he said, before turing around and continuing his walk towards the school building. The girls were dumbstruck, while Rei glared at him. The new student didn't get very far before another male student accompanied by a young girl ran past him, but then tripped over on his own feet and fell.
 
"Itatatatata!" he muttered, clutching his right hand.
 
"Onii-chan no baka!" said the young girl who was standing over him.
 
"Hmmph! Just another example of how ordinary underlings work themselves to the bottom." remarked Rei.
 
The greasehaired guy did not make any indication if he heard Rei's comments, and instead approached the guy who fell and knelt next to him, arranging his jacket so it won't fall off his shoulder and both his hands would be free.
 
"Yo you alright there man?" he asked.
 
"Um... yeah, just shaken up a bit..." he began, but was interrupted when the greashaired guy took the fallen guy's hand and examined it. "Oh man that looks like a bad cut. Let's here..." he searched his pockets for a handkerchief, and then frowned. "Hmm, can't believe I forgot my hanky."
 
"Um, I don't have one, and neither does my stupid brother here." remarked the guys sister.
 
"Heh! Just proves how worthless you are, scum!" said Rei proudly. At the gate, Shiori cringed. "Geez, you've got yourself into another embarrasing mess again Yoshio-kun" she mumbled. What happened next though caught everyone off guard.
 
"No problem!" said the greasehaired, then turned to face one of the girls, who had green hair and glasses. "Hey lady!" he said, then, after raising his left hand high, snapped his fingers. "Come here!"
 
"Uh, hai!" blurted the green haired girl with glasses who somehow felt compelled to approach him, and simply did without question. The other girls all suddently felt stiff, as if they felt something powerful radiating from the guy, and could only stare at him. Even Rei was dumbstruck. Shiori meanwhile looked at the greashaired guy curiously. Megumi was simply stunned at the spectacle, while the injured guy's sister simply had a plastered look on her face.
 
"Mind if I borrow a handkerchief? This guy's hand is cut and he's bleeding." he said.
 
"Uh yes, here" she replied, taking out her handkerchief and giving it to the greasehaired student.
 
"Alright." he remarked, tying up the injured guy's hand with the handkerchief. "There, that should keep it from getting infected. By the way, what's your name buddy?"
 
"Yosho. Yoshio Saotome" the injured student replied.
 
"I'm his sister Yumi" said the younger girl.
 
"How about you lady?" the greasehaired asked the green haired girl.
 
"Um, Mio. Mio Kisaragi" she replied.
 
"Alright," said the greasehaired. "Kisaragi-san, please accompany Saotome-san here to the clinic and have his would treated."
 
"Uh, hai!" Mio replied.
 
"And you, Saotome-san,"
 
"Uh yes sir?" Yoshio said nervously.
 
"You owe this young lady a big favor ya hear? Be sure to have Kisaragi-san's handkerchief washed then return it to her as soon as possible. Got that?" the greasehaired said with a grin.
 
"Uh yeah sure!"
 
"Alright," said the greasehaired, standing up, then offering his hand to Yosho and helped him stand up.
 
"Well see you guys later" he said, taking hold of his jacket again, then turned to the school building and started to walk away.
 
"Uh wait! What's your name?" called Yoshio.
 
The greasehaired student stopped, then faced Yoshio with a smile. "Akito. Akito Fonzureri. But my friends call me Fonzu. Ja!" he finished, then turned and walked away.
 
"Fonzu-san", murmured Yoshio.
 
"Ah ano, Saotome-san" said Mio.
 
"Hai?" said Yoshio.
 
"Let's go to the clinic?"
 
"Uh, yeah sure. By the way I'll have your handkerchief washed later."
 
"Um, thanks" said Mio, before the two of them headed for the clinic. Yumi rolled her eyes and just followed them, muttering comments about Yoshio being a dumbell.
 
After a few moments the crowd of girls started mumbling almost mindlessly. "Fonzu-kun?" "Sugoi! He's so handsome!" "He's so kind too!" "I hope I can meet him!"
 
"Just who does this imbecille thing he is!?" said Rei disgustedly, now realizing that the crowd of girls now focused their attention on the greasehaired student.
 
"Ne, Shiori-chan?" said a worried Megumi, waving her hand in front of her friend who was staring blankly.
 
"Uh! Hai!" blurted Shiori, snapping out of her reverie.
 
"Are you alright?"
 
"I'm fine. It's nothing. Come on let's get to class."
 
"Okay."
 
Shiori and Megumi and everyone else started made their way to the school building. Shiori kept a straight face, but deep inside, something troubled her.
 
"What is this feeling I have? It's like, I've known that guy for a long time. But, I don't even remember seeing him before" she thought.
 
 
Ending theme
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Ending Theme Ends
 
 
 
 
Chapter Epiloge
 
Shiori finally got to her classroom and took her seat which was at second row next to the windows. She then heard some gossip going around the classroom.
 
"Hey did you hear? There's a new student in our class!"
 
"Really?"
 
"Yeah, and I hear he's so handsome!"
 
"I heard he came from America!"
 
"Sugoi! He's good in English then?"
 
"That must be why he looks like that! He must be a typical American."
 
The words sunk into Shiori's mind, and she decided they must be talking about the new student Akito Fonzureri she saw earlier that morning. "He's in our class? I wonder..." she thought for a moment before being interruptd by Yoshio who stepped into the classroom.
 
"Hey Shiori-chan!"
 
"Ah yes, Yoshio-kun? Hey how's your hand?"
 
"It's fine now. I guess I owe that guy a favor. By the way, I think he's going to be in our class!”
 
"Really?" said Shiori, taken aback.
 
"Hey Yoshio!" said a male student who just approached and slapped Yoshio on the back.
 
"Oh hi Potsu!" replied Yoshio to his friend.
 
"So I hear you met a girl this morning eh?" teased Potsu.
 
"Uh, actually..." he stuttered.
 
Right at that moment the homeroom teacher walked in. The class president called everyone's attention while everyone hurried to their seats.
 
"Stand! Bow! Be seated!"
 
As soon as the class sat down, the teacher made an announcement.
 
"Class, you're going to have a new student. He recently arrived from America and only completed his transfer process this morning. Please make him feel welcome." he said, which started a wave of murmurs from the class. A few moments later, someone walked in with a black leather jacket slung over his shoulder, causing the class to go silent.
 
The newcomer turned to the blackboard and wrote his name on it. When he finished, stepped aside and faced the class. On the board was written "Fonzureri Akito". He then introduced himself.
 
"Ohayo minna! My name is Akito Fonzureri, but my friends call me Fonzu." he said, causing gasps and moans of awe from the class.
 
"It's Fonzu-kun!" whispered one girl.
 
"It's him!" said another.
 
Shiori could only stare. In fact she was so out of it that she didn't even notice that Fonzu actually glanced at her for a moment.
 
-TBC
 
 
A/N: Okay this fanfic will likely shock or confuse everyone. I've changed the character assumed by the game player into a parody of The Fonz himself. But it's not a complete carbon copy of Arthur Fonzarelli from Happy Days. While Fonzu will have Fonzie's level of handsomeness, personality, smooth talk and charm, and his "Eyyyyy!" trademark, he's not so much as delinquent. While Fonzie was a highschool dropout who then went to night school, Fonzu is actually a straight-A student (and a good athlete as well). Fonzu will also have a bit of a rebellious side, but only acts that way when confronted (expect a few of those with Rei Ijuuin at first). Also, while Fonzie was much older than Richie and his friends (thus becoming a big brother figure to them), Fonzu in this case is the same age as Yoshio and company. Also, notice that Fonzu enters Kirameki High at 2nd year, to spice things up as well as bring Yumi in immediately (and also so that the fanfic won't run for too long). In a nutshell, imagine starting the game at the 2nd year, and your character has all stats already very high, and is virtually immune to "bombing", but Shiori doesn't know you. That's Fonzu.
 
Some of the characters in Tokimemo will have a few changes made to cater to this fanfic, and some will actually become counterparts of those in Happy Days. For instance Yosho will become the equivalent of Happy Days' Richie Cunningham, after all Richie was also a bit of a badboy looking to score a date with any girl at any possible opportunity and was willing to go through any kind of trouble for it. In this regard, Yoshio's sister Yumi will become the counterpart of Richie's sister Joanie, and like the way Fonzie called Joanie "Shortcake", Yumi's gonna earn the nickname Ichigo-chan from Fonzu - diehard players of the game will know why :D. I'm going to take advantage of Rei Ijuuin's secret and have something happen with Fonzu such that "he" will warm up to Fonzu and eventually become friends with Yoshio and become part of the "Toki Days Gang", currently comprising of Yoshio, Yumi, Yuko, Potsu, and Shiori, and, Rei will likely become the equivalent of Ralph Malf of Happy Days (while having the male image that is). The guy who approached Yoshio in the chapter epiloge, Potsu, is an OC who will play the role of his long time friend, and be the counterpart of Richie Cunningham's childhood friend, Potsie. Another OC will be introduced later to be the counterpart of Chachi (he'll be in the same year as Yumi). Yuko will be adjusted to become Yumi's close friend and to a degree the equivalent of Joanie's delinquent friend Jenny Piccalo (imagine both of them in highschool).
 
Also watch out for jokes and parodies of events from Happy Days in this fanfic. And notice the Happy Days theme song (which is one of my favorite old songs of all time) was parodied to include Japanese words (like the days of the week).
 
Notice there's a date at the start of each chapter. I'm following the game's calendar as closely as possible, but that of the SNES version which starts on April 1, 1996, and ends March 1, 1999. But since the fanfic begins on the 2nd year, the story begins on April 1, 1997.