Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ 5 Days to Fall in Love ❯ Monday: Part II ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: Taddaa!
 
 
5 Days to Fall in Love
Chapter 2
 
Monday-
 
(An: yes, this will seem somewhat repetitive, but don't skip anything or you may miss it. I'm using an artistic tool to show how perfect the two characters are for one another. So don't skip, just read!)
 
With an emotionless mask of indifference covering his face, Pai breathed in the crisp night air until it filled every crevice of his lungs. Exhaling slowly, he sighed.
 
The young alien had taken to long walks through the darkened Earth city, and was quite confident that he needed not to hide his oddities, regardless of the well-known fact that humans did not have large, pointed ears. He felt that, while in daylight he and his teammates definitely should not be wandering around without at least a rough plan of attack, in the dark of the night no such guidelines applied.
 
Further more, he was in dire need of quiet time to contemplate and be away from the other boys he called his teammates. Being locked in a ship earlier had been exceedingly stressful, causing him to jump at the chance to leave. While he would always secretly consider those two boys his closest, and only, friends, they had a tendency to pry into other people's business. They were worst when working together. And, with the relentless crushes he knew both had, they'd recognize his conflict immediately.
 
Everyone has his or her slight infatuations during teen years, even the most stoic. The only real difference is the type of people stoic teens become infatuated with. Rather than going for the sweet, popular one they could never have, the more unemotional teens go for another type of unattainable person: the ones like them. Yes, they go for their fellow teens that harbor an indifferent expression and are perhaps the `bad boy' or `bad girl'. This was even true for him.
 
But it was just a temporary Earthling crush, of course… like a disease or sickness. A temporary Earthling crush that was infecting his mind like a virus, seeping into every pore of his brain until he could no longer focus on anyone or anything other than the object of his desire. More than once he had come close to letting her name slip off his tongue. Every time he closed his eyes he saw her soft, gorgeous features. She had him rapped around her little finger, and she didn't even realize it. Of course, it didn't help that he heard her name daily when plotting with the boys. Bored of the sidewalks, he made his way up to a rooftop.
 
“Lil guhls shuhn't be wanduh'in roun' uh terrato'ies.” Pai curiously walked to the edge of the roof and looked down to watch the interrupting party. He was surprised to see the very girl he'd been contemplating spin around to face the same person. Grey eyes darted across each of the offenders, able to determine that they were a group of drunken gang members. Most of them held some form of weaponry in their large, burly hands. Be it chains, a pocketknife, or a broken beer bottle, she seemed to believe they appeared intimidating. Not many were able to tell what such an impassive person, but being so similar to her himself he possessed the ability to do so.
 
“Can I help you?” her voice came out cold and unemotional. She didn't bother moving her stance into a fighting position, surprising him in more ways than one. It made her seem inexperienced and he thought it showed she didn't think she would need to defend herself. Hopefully she wouldn't have to fight them. Of course, hoping can only get you so far. She calmly regarded them as they watched her, apparently waiting for one to move.
 
“I dunno pretty lady, can ya?” she grimaced, as particularly greasy member looked her up and down while taunting suggestively. Pai's fists tightened on the bricks he was leaning on, angered at the way he looked at her. Rolling her eyes she sneered in response, earning a slight glare from him. However, the group mostly just seemed amused that a lone, seemingly muscles girl had the audacity to stand up to them: a rowdy group of dangerous gangsters. He was only happy that she seemed completely uninterested, but worried a bit about the fact that they weren't as unamused as she was.
 
“Cool yo'self,” another one grinned while looking at her in the same way, “yo' gonna hafta shauh.” The observing alien growled quietly. He toyed with the idea of going down to help her, but decided against it. She could undoubtedly take care of herself. He'd sit this one out.
 
“Share this.” She flipped her middle finger at the opposing parties angrily. He chuckled, almost throwing his head back at her attempt to be semi-intimidating. She didn't mean for it to be completely serious, it was a half-joking intimidation. The men only laughed or `ooo'ed rather than being at all intimidated.
 
“Hey, ah know you,” one of the more semi-sober members pointed a finger in her direction, “you dat supuh model, pop star, actress guhl, o' whatevuh.”
 
“Yeauh,” another agreed, “Zakuro Fujiwara. Yo' wuh on dat billboahd up town.” The other members began looking at her more carefully and agreed. Pai quirked a brow, wondering how things would go now that they had figured out who she was and if they would just let the celebrity go. He doubted that, if it did have an affect, it would be in her favor.
 
“As much as the fact that a group of lowlife street scum knows who I am elates me, I'm afraid I'll have to be going.” He chuckled as he listened to her sarcasm and watched her. Holding her head high she walked toward one of the gaps between men. However, they and a third member moved into her path.
 
“So'y guhly,” the first speaker and presumed leader spoke, his bleach-blond spikes appearing almost luminescent “bu' you can' go jus' yeauht. We still gotta get much mo'… acquain'ed.” More chuckling and a few catcalls mixed in with some cheering bounced off the brick walls surrounding them and the other alleyways. The achromatic eyed alien was beginning to go from amused back to angry.
 
“Oo, `acquainted', I'm impressed. Did you learn that big bad word all by yourself?” She rolled her eyes. “As much as the idea of getting `acquainted' with you makes me feel oh so warm and fuzzy inside, I think I'll pass. Now,” she turned toward the three standing before her, “would you kindly step to the side, please?” Unfortunately for her, the group was getting somewhat annoyed at her seemingly endless spunk. The observing party was nervous for a moment, but reminded himself of how strong she was.
 
“Ah'm afraid you ain't got a choice in da madduh', guhly.” He wondered if maybe they were too much to handle, but once more told himself that she could handle these bastards with less trouble than when she fought a Kirema Anima. The group chose this time to close in a bit, making a tight barrier all around her. In return, she discarded what little politeness she'd been approaching them with.
 
“Get out of my way.” Zakuro spoke in a low, menacing tone. The group only narrowed their eyes and smirked.
 
“Ya ain't paid da toll yeauht.” A hand connected with her butt with a loud smack. Pai's vision grew a tad pink at the edges in result to his anger. No one had a right to touch her like that. Meanwhile, she whipped around, a fiery anger burning in her eyes.
 
“Don't touch me!” She growled in fury. He knew she was going to have to fight them soon, and came to a sudden realization. Using her power pendant meant that not only could she end up killing them but also that her Mew Mew identity would become public, and she couldn't risk that. No, she would have to fight this one relying on her natural born abilities. That could pose a problem.
 
“O' else yuhl whauht?” another guy pinched her, causing her to turn back around, only for two members to smack her again. The alien's sight tuned to a deeper pink, now slightly red, coming from just the corners of his eyes and spreading towards the middle.
 
“Are you really sure you want to find out?” she hissed in response to the man's question.
 
“Sho' thang guhly!” the leader called.
 
“Oo baby, make it huht so good!” another joked.
 
“Fine,” she smirked, “suit yourselves.” She jumped the guy in front of her.
 
Zakuro's fist collided with the gangster's nose, causing a sickeningly audible crack. The man clutched his nose, shrieking in pain as blood poured through the cracks of his fingers. He had fallen to his knees. The group stood, blinking for a moment, before rage kicked in. She was met with a flurry of fists from all different directions, and all dodged with expert precision. Ducking down, she swept her foot and brought knocked over two more. After that, they took out the heavy artillery.
 
He furrowed his brow in slight worry. She was going to fight them weaponless and outnumbered. Why didn't she just run away, since she had slightly superhuman speed even in this form? Was she insane? It was the fifteen of them versus just one of her. Shaking his head he convinced himself that she wouldn't bite of more than she could chew.
 
A chain had rapped itself around the arm of the violet-haired defender, attached on the other end was a gang member. Locking her elbow, she swung her arm in the opposite direction as hard as possible, knocking the gangster to his knees. Another one of the offenders came at her with a broken glass bottle. Seeing him just in time, she moved to the left, yet it still managed to graze her right cheek. The same guy was able to throw a punch that collided with the diagonal cut reaching up the side of her face. At that point she threw a kick directly into his gut, resulting in his having the wind knocked out of him. Never underestimate a four-inch heel.
 
He had finally figured out a good reason for girls to wear heals. Suddenly catching himself leaning over the railing, close to falling off, his eyes never left the ongoing battle bellow. It was taking every once of will power he possessed not to jump down there and defend her himself. But no, he couldn't do that. They were enemies; there were too many complications. He forced himself to just sit back and watch.
 
“Ah!” Her head swung around, amethyst orbs widening, to see where the pocketknife had been embedded in her shoulder. Biting her lip to stop from crying out anymore, she kneed the knife wielding gang member in the crotch before punching him dead center in the mouth. Ducking under another beer bottle, she sprung up and landed a kick on another's head. However, her victory was short lived.
 
A nauseating `clink' was heard as the gang leader's lead pipe connected with the left side of Zakuro's head. She fell to the ground moaning, and he cracked. They were either going to kill, rape, or beat her, perhaps a mixture of all three. He couldn't stand for that. Not even bothering to draw his weapons first, he leapt down to the scene bellow. He hadn't taken note of the fact that his sight had turned to a dark, blood color.
 
Pai landed in the direct path the gangsters had hoped to take in order to get to their prey. He kept his held tilted down; looking mysterious and deadly as he slowly drew out his fans. The men gazed at him curiously, hardly able to make out his form in the shadows.
 
“You know,” he taunted, “that's really not the way to treat a lady.” If you had looked closely, you'd have seen him shake slightly with anger. Of course, it's not common to look closely at someone you meet on a dark side road and these guys were drunk anyway, so…
 
“Hn, whuddo you know `bout how ta treat bitches?” the aliens fists tightened around his weapons as he surged with anger.
 
“Just let me take the girl,” he growled, “and no harm shall come to pass.” The leader opened his mouth to answer, but was cut off by a whisper from one of his fellow gangsters. Most wouldn't be able to hear, or understand, what the bear-like man had said, but there are some advantages to his abnormal ears.
 
“Ah'll take ca'e o' him, boss.” The voice was low, rumbling like a grizzly.
 
“Take care of who,” Pai stepped into the light, earning gasps and causing the gang members to stumble backwards “… me?”
 
“L-le's get outuh here!” they scattered, tails tucked between their legs as he sheathed his fans. Turning, he picked up her discarded hat before lifting Zakuro into his arms the way a newly wed man held his wife. She subconsciously snuggled into him, tightly gripping his shirt in her petite fists.
 
Looking down, he resisted the urge to smile and pulled her closer to his strong chest. He noticed a small piece of paper fall out of her coat pocket. Laying her against a brick wall, he opened it and read.
 
Meeting, Café Mew Mew; 8:00pm sharp- DON'T BE LATE
 
He decided that must have been where she was headed and stuffed the note back into its rightful place. He checked her watch, scrunching up the left sleeve of her jacket, and found it to be 8:16. He fixed her jacket and decided to take her back there so her team could take care of her.
 
Brushing some stray strands of her lavender hair away from her face, he tilted her chin for a better look. A longing gaze found its way into his grey eyes, and stayed there for a few minutes, before he went in for the kill. Moving forward, he tilted his head with slightly parted lips. He brushed them against her pink ones, the candy lip-gloss reducing friction. The kiss was short and chaste, but it meant the world to him.
 
He placed the leather cap onto its proper position on her head and frowned. It wasn't fair. She'd never love him; never give him a second glance. He was the enemy and, even if in some alternate universe she were to return his feelings, they could never be together. He gazed at her again, longer this time, before glancing at her watch once more. 8:32. Amazing how looking at the one you love can just whisk away all awareness of time and other constraints. Lifting her once more, he teleported away.
 
He reappeared in front of a huge, pink building. He went around the back in order to bid her farewell one last time. Lying her down, she began to call and yell.
 
“Pai…” Zakuro's voice was horse and worried, “PAI!” she'd begun to sweat. He allowed a slightly hurt expression to crawl onto his features. She was obviously dreaming about a battle, angrily shouting out his name as they fought. She was probably going to smile once his dream form died.
 
“No Pai, don't go…” she moaned as he leaned forward, brow furrowed in confusion. “Pai, you can't… I care too much about you…” she cried out, tears slowly spilling down her cheeks in light rivers. He couldn't help but smile, she did care about him. He picked her up, carried her back to the entrance, and placed her on the front stoop, kneeling down. He placed a small kiss on her forehead, before promptly knocking on the hard wooden door and teleporting out of sight.
 
“About time,” Ryou spat angrily as all four girls stood up and rushed to open the door for their friend, “she's forty minutes late! What could have possibly-”
 
“Onee-san!” he was cut off by Minto's shrill cry, causing Keiichiro and he to rush over in alarm. The young blond was taken aback by what he saw.
 
There in the girls' arms lay his unconscious friend, whom he had been ranting about just moments before. Blood was seeping onto her clothes, a small pocketknife still embedded within her arm. Her right cheek had a thin, two-inch long slice reaching diagonally up towards her ear. It sat against a spot of purple skin where a somewhat large bruise had formed. His male companion ushered the girls inside and they were currently wrapping her as best they could.
 
“Zakuro must've been attacked and come here, but passed out before we answered the door.” Retassu decided forlornly.
 
“No, someone carried her here.” Minto shot down the girl's idea immediately.
 
“How can you tell, na no da?” Purin asked as she grasped the injured girl's good arm tightly.
 
“She was lying comfortably on her back when we found her, there's no way she could have fallen that way.” Ichigo explained, “Besides, she suffered from a blow to the head.”
 
“So?” Minto pestered as the blond child cocked her head.
 
“So, it's not possible for her to have been conscious.” Keiichiro continued, wrapping the stab wound on her arm as he spoke, “And, even if she had been awake just long enough to collapse here, she never could have possessed enough strength to knock that hard.”
 
“Oh.” Retassu looked down in a mixture of embarrassment and worry.
 
“There,” the brunette stood, picking up all his medical supplies “done. Now all we have to do is wait for her to wake up.” As soon as the words left his mouth, the young model began thrashing and moaning. Purin released the pale woman's arm and jumped back, fearfully observing her odd behavior along with the others.
 
“No… No… No…” sweat poured from her as tears streamed from her eyes, which had been screwed shut in some form of pain.
 
“NO!” Zakuro shot up straight as a board, panting heavily. She brought a shaky hand up to her forehead and closed her eyes once more, waiting for her hyperventilating to subside.
 
“Oh god…” her voice came out muffled, having pulled her knees up to her chest and tucked her head between the two parts of her body. Her thin, frail looking arms were clasped around her legs tightly, holding them against her in a tight lock.
 
“O-… onee-san?” Minto called out shakily, terrified of her friend being hurt. The violet haired girl looked up and met her gaze.
 
“I-it was all a dream, right? No one died?” she asked hopefully, head throbbing from a mixture of adrenaline, injury, and nerves.
 
“No, no one died.” Ichigo assured her calmly, placing a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Are you alright? What happened?” Retassu inquired gently.
 
“I'm fine. I just ran into a group of thugs on my way over here and…” she faded off, unsure what else to say.
 
“And?” Ryou pushed rudely, leaning against the wall.
 
“And… and I don't remember. I passed out when one of them hit me with a… I think it was a lead pipe… I don't know.” She sighed and shook her head, before turning to Keiichiro “so, uh, what about this meeting that we couldn't be late for?”
 
“Don't worry about it.” He answered waving it off. Everyone wanted to know more about their wounded friend's dream, but sensed that it wasn't the right time to ask and that she was not ready to tell.
 
“What do you mean?” Ichigo asked confusedly.
 
“It's been a long night, we'll fill you in tomorrow. Now beat it, all of you. Not you,” Ryou pointed to the amethyst-eyed girl who'd been leaving with the others, “you're staying here tonight. And don't argue, you're in no condition to travel. I have a spare room with an extra bed upstairs; you'll sleep there.” His tone left no room for argument. She turned to her fellow female teammates.
 
“I'll see you guys tomorrow.” She spoke monotonously in farewell, before leaning down to her green haired friend when no one was watching, giving some of her rare advice, “Tell Ryou you like him. I have a feeling you'll be pleased with his response.” Though she was being kind, her voice never faltered from its flat pitch. On that final note, she turned to follow Ryou, who'd sent a smile Retassu's way. The small gesture, mixed with her friend's advice, had caused the girl to blush.
 
Unbeknownst to the group, a pair of dark eyes had watched, and heard, everything. They teleported away, without anyone's knowledge of their observations.
 
End Chapter
 
 
R_S: This chapter was a bit longer, but I doubt it'll be my longest. Leave a review!!!