Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Mew ❯ Easy Win ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN TOKYO MEW MEW. I just came up with the idea for my story.
 
 
 
“We are Tokyo Mew Mew and the five of us will make you pay!” Mew Ichigo chimed the battle cry with a confident smile on her face.
 
The battle cry was something that the citizens of Tokyo knew was a sign that they were safe from the aliens. The many shrieking citizens came to a halt from running to watch the five girls save the day. Ichigo stood in the middle of the street as the other girls gathered around her, all ready for the battle ahead of them.
 
“What's the trouble here? I mean it looks like everyone's just running away scared for no reason,” Mew Mint commented while looking around to see nothing but people wigging out. Maybe there was no trouble and Ryou had sent them out for no reason at all. “Can we go? I mean I've got dance and this is a waste of our-.”
 
Mew Mint had trailed off as she saw their potential danger and fluttered her wings to get ready for combat. A huge flower emerged from the ground at a rapid speed and opened up. The flower resembled a Venus fly trap, only blue with random magenta spots running over the petals. The flower tilted towards the Mew Mews as if it had sensed their presence then closed for a moment. The girls stood and waited as they clutched their weapons expecting the worst from the plant. In a split second, the flower's petals shot open and thousands of small, sharp spikes were hurled towards the Mew Mews.
 
“Run for cover!” Mew Ichigo shouted in urgency as she jumped into the nearest alleyway away from the spikes.
 
The Mew Mews stayed silent but followed Ichigo's orders. Mew Mint flew up and grabbed Mew Zakuro's wrists, lifting her off the ground to safety in the sky as well. Mew Pudding tumbled across the street and back flipped into the nearest tree while Mew Lettuce took off running down the street. All the other Mews had special abilities that protected them but there was no water for her to keep safe in. Running seemed like the logical thing to do.
 
“Lettuce,” Mew Pudding yelped from the tree hoping her friend could hear her, “they're right behind you!”
 
Mew Lettuce didn't look back, she panted as she kept running. Mew Ichigo peeked out from the alleyway; if she didn't do anything then Lettuce would become pureed porpoise. Wielding her Sutoro Bell Bell she started to run after the spines from the plants that were heading towards Lettuce. It's like they had minds of their own and were only after Lettuce.
 
Stopping in the middle of the street, Mew Ichigo gathered all of her power and held her Sutoro Bell Bell in front of herself. Concentrating she yelled out, “Ribbon Strawberry Check!”
 
At the sound of those words, a flurry of pink sparks hurled towards the spike wave, incinerating many of them. A smirk came to Ichigo's face as she looked at the other Mews around her.
 
“Check running Lettuce! We're gonna take care of `em for ya! I'm gonna go after the plant!” Pudding announced as she swung from the tree branch and looked towards the other Mews. Taking out her Pudding Ring, she tumbled down the street and popped into the air. The rings rose into the air as she concentrated. “Pudding Ring Inferno!”
 
The plant was trapped in the middle of Mew Pudding's attack, she giggled as she knew the battle was almost over.
 
“Mint Echo!”
“Zakuro's Pure!”
 
Mew Mint and Mew Zakuro's attacks shortly followed Mew Pudding's as they collided into the plant and it disintegrated. There was no trace of a Kirema Anima in sight or a parasite alien. Mew Mint landed onto the ground after she placed Mew Zakuro down. They walked over to where the plant had been and touched the ashes it had left behind. Mew Pudding shortly ran up to them.
 
“What didja guys find?” Pudding asked with a smile on her face. “It was Kish and his buddies again, right?”
 
Mint looked at her and shrugged while Zakuro ran her hand through her hair having no comment on the situation at all. Zakuro just wanted to go home.
 
“Didn't that seem a little too easy?” Mint asked looking down at where the plant had been. Usually their fights got harder as they went on but this one had been one of their early ones.
 
They all stared at each other and nodded, then stared back at the ashes trying to think. Their thoughts were soon interrupted.
 
“Ribbon Lettuce Flash!” Mew Lettuce had turned around and sent a blast towards the spines that were still perusing her. Many of them fell to the ground and a relieved look came to her face followed by a smile.
 
“Lettuce behind you!” Ichigo yelled trying to run to her rescue.
 
It was too late; Lettuce fell to her knees feeling the spine puncture her leg from behind. Falling forward onto the ground was the only thing she could do, she felt paralyzed as she hit the cold concrete. Her eyes closed and then opened again to see Ichigo and her friends running to her aid. Blacking out was the last thing she remembered.
 
A few moments later, Lettuce's eyes fluttered open. She winced realizing she was under a light back in Café Mew Mew. Her clothes were the ones she wore earlier and her glasses were beside her on the table. Ichigo loomed over her with a relieved smile on her face as Lettuce sat up and scanned the room.
 
“It's good to see you're finally awake,” Ichigo said handing Lettuce her glasses.
 
“Um… thank you,” Lettuce replied taking her glasses with a grateful smile on her face as she placed them on.
 
“We were really worried about you,” Ryou said putting his hand on Ichigo's shoulder while looking at Lettuce. “The computers say that you're perfectly fine and can head home like the others did. I still expect you here tomorrow for work.”
 
Lettuce just nodded as she looked at Ryou's hand on Ichigo's shoulder. Why wasn't his hand on her own shoulder? Why Ichigo's? A feeling that she had felt before rushed to her, jealously, but it was never this strong before. Hopping off of the table she was sitting on, she just walked out of the Café and began to head home. The urge for change was starting to come to her.
 
To be continued…