Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Mew ❯ So Called "Redemption" ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN TOKYO MEW MEW. I wish I did but I don't.
 
 
Lettuce's walk home wasn't as pleasant as she hoped it would be. Her mind lingered over Ryou and Ichigo; he always seemed to be sweet on her. Then she would always act so innocent and cute, then run straight back to Masaya. Her fists clenched. This was so unlike her. Her crush on Ryou never made her act this way, especially when he was around Ichigo. These thoughts and sudden outburst of jealousy seemed new.
 
Now she was beginning to get angry and tired of being behind the passive, pushover Lettuce shield. Slamming the door to her house, she ran upstairs to her room and slammed that door as well. Now wasn't the time to deal with her parents. The sudden urge to wander into her bathroom came over her. Her legs moved toward the bathroom like she had no control over them and the room was pulling her towards it.
 
What she saw in the bathroom made her eyes swell up in tears. It was her.
 
Maybe her looks were the reason Ryou never would give her a second glance. Maybe it was her frizzy, wavy long hair always in braids. The only time she ever felt beautiful was when she was in her Mew Mew form. Her hair was shorter and there was no need for her glasses. Hot tears fell down her cheeks as she picked up the scissors on the edge of the sink. It was the only way she could feel good about herself.

The long wavy, green hair fell from its confinement in her braids and was all around her. Clutching the scissors, the tears continued to roll down her cheeks as her hands shook. The metal scissors closed around the hair and took off a good length and chunk of her hair. The first clip seemed okay and felt good, so she kept going. Her hair fluttered to the floor weightlessly and gathered around her in a green circle.
 
Her face was red as she looked at herself in the mirror to see her hair was the length that it would be if she was in Mew Mew form. Bags were now under her eyes from the amounts of crying.
 
Her legs felt weak as she stepped into the shower and the warm water ran over her body. Even in the shower she was crying. This was the point she realized she couldn't let Ichigo steal Ryou from her. It was time for a change and the loss of her hair was the first step. After stepping out of the shower, she took the scissors and evened out the sides of her hair. Now they looked like she had gotten a haircut at a salon.
 
Shuffling towards her bed, the puncture wound on the back of her leg from the plant began to throb. Falling into her sheets, Lettuce curled into a ball as she drifted into an uneasy slumber.
 
Little did she know, someone was watching her.
 
To Be Continued…