Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Mew ❯ Snickers with Miracles ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN TOKYO MEW MEW. I would be richhhhhhhhhh!
 
Chapter Three: Snickers with Miracles
 
Pai floated outside of Lettuce's window with his arms crossed. The little, green earth girl was quite cute when she was angry, but of course his straight face, making him always seem like a stoic, would never show it.
 
“Enzyme infusion three completed,” he muttered to himself as Tart and Kish appeared on the roof above him.
 
He floated up to them slowly and landed next to them as they looked at him with anxious faces wanted to know if the new plan worked. Tart started to form an annoyed like on his face from the anticipation as he began to hop up and down, sick of waiting, he wanted to get rid of those Mew Mews now.
 
“Well?! Is she infused with the stupid virus yet!? I'm stick of our lame plans failing; this one better work or I'm blaming it on you, Pai!” Tart had finally exploded like a small bomb. He always was the childish one in the group.
 
Kish just shook his head and started to wonder about Ichigo. Of course, his thoughts ranged from ditching these losers to go watch her in her bedroom, to watching her take a shower, to their wedding day, and then their wedding night.
 
Pai's facial expression didn't change, he was fairly annoyed with Tart's outburst but he would never show it. “The mortality rate of this one should be quite high. The virus has taken quite nicely to the host.”
 
“Those losers won't know what hit them,” Tart snickered after Pai had finished speaking. “They won't expect one of their own turning on them for no reason. I can't wait to see the monkey girl's face!”
 
“I don't understand why we picked the porpoise girl. Why didn't we just pick someone like Ichigo or the wolf?” Kish asked trying to seem interested in the topic. If they had picked Ichigo at least his love would be on their side for a change.
 
Tart floated down by Lettuce's window and peered in. He couldn't help but keep snickering at the fact she had no idea what had hit her. Just for his own personal laughs, he stuck his tongue out at her then floated back up to Kish and Pai.
 
“No one would suspect her. Ichigo is usually our prime target and no one would see much of a change from the wolf girl,” Pai crossed his arms and gave Kish a stern look. It didn't take an idiot to figure out why Kish wanted Ichigo to receive the virus. “Now we should leave, the sun has begun to rise.”
 
One by one, the aliens floated off of the roof as the sun peeked over the horizon. In a matter of moments, the sun had reached over Lettuce's window sill and cast light over her face. A groan escaped her as she winced in her sleep from the light. Slowly, she sat up in her bed while her head throbbed.
“Damn, I didn't sleep well last night. It feels like a truck hit me,” Lettuce paused for a second after hearing the words that came out of her mouth. It's like she could remember the last time she had used a word like that to show frustration. Obviously, it was the new, assertive Lettuce. A confident smile came to her face as she jumped off of the bed.
 
Looking at herself in the mirror, she almost became shocked with the fact she had cut her hair last night. Except she felt prettier, the only thing standing in her way was being pretty was those ugly glasses she owned. She rolled her eyes as she walked into the bathroom feeling the soft rug against her feet. Picking up her glasses, she stuck her tongue out in dislike at putting them on before raising them to her face.
 
“What the…” she murmured looking at her glasses quizzically. Every time she placed the twisted metal with glass to her eyes, her vision blurred and when they were away from her eyes everything seemed clear.
 
It was like a miracle. A little miracle. Nevertheless a miracle. No more weird glasses.
 
A beaming smile came across her face as she placed them back onto the sink. Now it was time for school. Slipping out of her out clothes, she slipped into her school uniform. It felt like it had fit better than ever. This felt like it was going to be the best day of school ever.
 
Grabbing her backpack, she slowly sneaked down the stairs to see her parents had already left. At least she could get away with giving herself a haircut until later tonight, not like she cared what they thought anymore. This was the new and improved Lettuce. Except the green and curly hair was a family tradition. A weird family tradition but her parents would still throw a hissy fit.
 
Closing the door behind her, she started to walk to school, knowing it wouldn't be like every other day.
 
To Be Continued…
 
If this Chapter seems totally smashed together, it's because it was. XD I still like this Chapter the best so far because I loved playing with the aliens.