Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Chocolate and Vanilla ❯ Welcome to the Gang ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Morning all.” groaned Bea as she staggered into Café Mew Mew dressed in a plain pair of jeans, a blue tank top and a tired look on her face. Zakuro and Lettuce gave her a friendly welcome from the kitchen as she walked blindly into the changing rooms to find her uniform.
“Are you alright Bea? You look like you haven't slept in a year.” queried Ichigo worriedly as she and Mint poked their heads round the door. Bea groaned again and flopped down on one of the benches in exhaustion.
“Kish that's what, ether I'm going to kill him or I'm going to go insane trying!” blurted the fox girl while tugging at her long blond hair in frustration, “He came to annoy me once I got home yesterday, he made my fox ears and tail appear and I spent half the night tying to make them go back to normal before my maid almost saw me!” Bea gave one last sigh and picked up her icy blue uniform and began to change. Ichigo and Mint looked at each other for a second.
Ichigo looked like she was about to ask Bea a question but Mint beat her to it.
“How many times has Kish been to see you so far?” she asked. Bea thought for a second while putting her black shoes on and straitening her heart shaped apron.
“Three times, he came to pester me again on the way here, but I made him bugger off in the end.”
“How did you do that?” queried Ichigo. Bea smirked evilly and pulled a bottle out of her messenger bag.
“Pepper Spray, one of God's many blessings upon females. Surprisingly it works on perverted aliens as well as perverted humans.” She and Mint both giggled and Ichigo smiled.
“Ney Bea, you do realize that you have broken my record for Kish's pestering sprees with in just two days?” giggled Ichigo and Mint smiled smugly. Bea looked at her two fiends in confusion as one eye brow went up.
“What do you mean?” she asked.
“She means that it looks as if Kish has finally given up on chasing Ichigo and gone for you instead.” Mint said matter-of-factly as Bea's eyes winded in shock/terror.
“NANI!!!!! I thought he was just being his normal perverted self! H-he cant like me!” she yelped, jumping out of her seat and to her feet. Mint smiled evilly at her.
“Tough luck Fox Girl, if there is one thing we know about Kish it's that he never gives up. Looks like he's gunna put up another tough fight for you this time.”
Bea gave a scared little whimper and tugged at the ends of her long blond hair nervously as her two friends laughed. Suddenly Pudding head peeked round the door.
“Hey guys! Ryou wants to see all of us and Bea in the computer room ASAP.” She chimed in her insanely hyper voice. Bea gave another little whimper and Pudding gave her a worried look.
“Bea onee-chan, are you alright?” asked Pudding. Bea suddenly snapped out of her worry trance and grinned.
“Yeah I'm fine!” she chirped as Mint and Ichigo sweat dropped at her sudden mood swing. Bea quickly dumped her bag on the floor and walked out of the room after the blue and pink Mews and Pudding who was a little more excited than normal, which almost seemed impossible by her standards.
Once all six girls had entered the basement control room and taken up their normal spaces in front of the huge screen, with Bea standing in between Ichigo and Pudding. Ryou and Keiichiro were both standing at the front of the room with Keiichiro typing away at the computer.
“Sorry to pull you down her like this but something very important has just come up.” said Ryou in a serious voice. All of the girls (minus Pudding who just yawned) gave a curt nod and suddenly Bea found herself feeling very selfcoucious. She knew perfectly well what the whole Mew Mew project was about, but she just couldn't help but feel out of place standing among a group of much more experienced Mews than herself. Ryou continued on but Yuki found that she couldn't listen to a word; she was so nervous that she was shaking and clutching the hem of her dress with white knuckles.
“Banira?” Keiichiro said suddenly. Bea's head snapped up instantly.
“Hai?”
“Could I see your pendant for a second?” he said kindly, sensing her nervousness. Bea nodded and reached to her left hand, removing her pendant that she had on a charm bracelet around her wrist. She walked forwards and dropped the chain and pendant into Keiichiro's hand. He smiled at her and quickly moved over to a small spherical machine next to the computer, placed Bea's pendant carefully inside and turned what looked like a scanner over it. Almost immediately a large window came up on the large screen behind him. Bea gasped in shock.
On the far right of the window was a rotating 3D image of her in her Mew form. On the far left was all her normal data, her name, attacks, weapons etc. but their was also a rotating 3D image of a long DNA strand and a 3D image of a small white kitsune with a caption below it; Arctic Snow Fox. Bea and the others stared at it for a second before Ryou spoke again.
“Bea, this is the creature that your DNA is crossed with. Every single cell in you body is now half Arctic Snow Fox and half Human. You are the newest Mew to these five, but it is still your choice whether you want to join us or not.”
Bea felt like she was going to faint as she stared up at the screen, mesmerized by the rotating image of her and the Snow Fox. Keiichiro had explained a lot to her the previous day, but nothing had really sunk in as this had. She was half Arctic Snow Fox, rather appropriate for her name which meant Snow in Japanese.
Bea felt her legs begin to shake slightly, but she managed to remain standing. She gulped.
“What do you mean I have a choice whether I join or not?” she asked rather shakily. Keiichiro and Ryou looked at her seriously, which just made her feel even more like an animal in a zoo.
“How ever much we want you on the team,” said Keiichiro slowly, “we have no right to force you to join. You are the one that must choose between using you gift for Earth's welfare or for other purposes.”
The choice to anyone else would have been simple; go with the good guys and save Earth from becoming a dust pile. But for Bea it wasn't so easy, true she wanted more than anything to become a Mew and help protect her beloved planet, but their were other things that would be at risk if she became a Mew; her only living family member Aden her brother, he would totally freak if ever he found out that she was half Snow Fox. And what if the enemy decided they needed to get at the Mews and used her brother or friends as the bait? Bea knew she would never be able to forgive herself if anyone got hurt because of her, she had let that happen far too many times already, plus, she had only just got her powers and she had barley had anytime to practice with them, she was sure to mess up if she tied to use them in battle.
“I-I don't think I'm cut out for being a Mew…” she mumbled glumly hanging her head. Suddenly she felt someone's hand on her shoulder. Bea turned round to see Ichigo smiling at her, along with all the other Mews.
“Don't talk garbage Bea; you totally squashed Kish's last Chimera Anima all on your own, all I had to do after that was collect the alien parasite. You are more than cut out to be a Mew.”
Bea looked stunned; no one had ever told her something like that before, not even Aden. Suddenly Mint stepped forwards, a surprisingly encouraging smile on her face.
“And not only that, but look around, you've only been here two days and already you have five good friends standing beside you, all the way.” She said and Lettuce and Zakuro both nodded and smiled while Pudding laughed and hopped up and down.
“Please Bea-onee sama! Pudding wants you to join! Please join us, na no daaaaaaaa!” she said very quickly. Bea's lips curved up into a small smile, and then she laughed.
“Well, alright then. I accept…” but once again, before she could complete her sentence, all five of her companions and leaped on top of her in a group bear hug, laughing and cheering for their newest member.
“Alright girls, give her some breathing space.” laughed Keiichiro happily as he walked over to them and handed Bea's pendant back to her. She smiled at him as he took something out of his pocket.
“Consider this a gift from all of us.” He said, handing her a small white and pale blue fluffy ball the as soon as it touched her hand, sprouted tiny white and blue wings, white ears, a pale blue tail and pale blue eyes. It looked almost exactly like the one Ichigo had, Masha, except Bea's was white and blue. The fluff ball smiled at her.
“Aw, Kawaii. She's so cute.” Giggled Bea as the little fluffy alien sensor nuzzled into her hair.
“He has an alien sensor built into him and will also store alien parasites that you find. I would keep him with you at all times. She'll come in handy.”
“Thank you.” smiled Bea giving his a small bow. Ichigo suddenly grabbed her arm.
“Come on Bea, we'll show you what you have to do before the café opens.” She laughed as they all headed up stairs again.
“Washing up duty I presume?” joked Bea happily. Mint glanced over her shoulder at them all.
“Well I'm not going to do it!” she said indignantly. All of them laughed.