Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom fighters ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5
Zoey let herself just fall back onto her bed. What a day it had been! Just yesterday everyone had found out about her and the other Mews. Zoey had awakened to find half her school had come to walk her to school. Sure Mimi and Megan were at the front, but half the school! Zoey and her friends had to keep up a fast pace so they wouldn’t get lost in the crowd. Actually, they were trying to ditch the crowd. At one point in time Zoey, Mimi and Megan had actually ran away! The problem was the crowd gave chase. Eventually, they made it to school; only for Zoey to find a pill of gifts barring her desk.
She had tried to be polite by giving the gifts back, but people insisted. So Zoey was stuck be the centre of attention for the first half of the day. How does Renee handle this? Zoey had wondered. She had been given many things. Candies, dolls, clothes, hello kitty stuff, and other such things. But what Zoey remembered the most was two things. Firstly, Zaki had given her a lovely blue tank top, and matching jean skirt. What reminded her about it is that he had taken the time to cut out a spot for her tail. What did he think? That she was going to be walking the streets as a mew mew. Or maybe her tail was an excuse. Zoey began to blush at the thought. And his name was supposed to mean “pure”; ya right. Anyway, the second gift had been from Megan. It had been a catnip mouse. Damn her sense of humour! Not to mention Megan has a cat, and she knew very well what catnip does to a cat.
Well, it had made the other half of the day interesting. Because of the catnip, Zoey hadn’t fallen asleep. Though, by the end of the day her teacher had wished she had. Zoey smiled. She’d have to remember to keep away from catnip. At one point in time, Zoey had accidentally taken a large whiff of catnip. In doing so, she had end up falling out of her chair. Lucky she had piled her cloths on the one side, or she would have had a few bruises. Next minute, Zoey had the need to run. She asked the teacher if she could be excused. He had told her to wait until he was done explaining… What was it he had been explaining? Zoey wasn’t sure. All she knew was that she had really become high. As she waited to be excused, she had been purring. PURRING! Her ears and tail had popped out, and she kept going after the catnip mouse. Annoyed, the teacher allowed Zoey to finally step out. Zoey had shakily got to her feet. For some reason, she had run at the door. Her vision wasn’t doing very well. So instead of running out the door, she had run into the wall next to it. Ouch, she still had the bruise from that. In the end Zoey had stumbled out the door. The others had been laughing at her. She couldn’t blame them. She was high! She vowed revenge on Megan. The last thing Zoey had heard before passing out in the hall was the teacher telling everyone to never let Zoey near catnip again.
When she had awakened, she was in the nurse’s office. Mark was sitting at her side, and Mimi and Megan sat on her other side. Megan looked a little sheepish. After five minutes chat, the bell for the end of the day had rung. Mark, Mimi and Megan had escorted Zoey home. Megan was continuously apologizing about the catnip. She hadn’t thought it would affect her so much. Soon, Zoey was home. This brings you to the present.
Zoey curled up on her bed. Her ears and tail were still out, and she felt like she had a hangover. Her mother had given her some medication, but it wasn’t working very well. Zoey felt ill to her stomach. There had been a moment she felt like being sick, but luckily she didn’t. There was a knock at her door. “Come in,” she mounded. In came Bridget, Kiki, Corina, and Renee. “Hey, we heard what happened,” greeted Bridget. Zoey smiled at her friends and sat up. “Did you actually run into a wall?” asked Corina. Zoey blushed. Just like Corina. “Wow, you must have really been drunk,” teased Kiki.
“Sure felt like I was,” Zoey added. Renee looked about Zoey’s room. Then she walked over to the window. “You need some air,” she said as she opened the window. Then she turned to Zoey. “I had been drugged before too,” she said. “Some jerk had spiked the punch at a party. It was recommended that one is to lie down with an open window to help clear their mind.”
“Thanks Renee,” smiled Zoey. Renee nodded. “So how were things for the rest of you?” Zoey asked. She figured they would have had an odd day too. “I couldn’t leave my houses,” complained Corina.
“Neither could I,” added Kiki. “My siblings didn’t want to leave my side. Not to mention they were wondering when they’d become crime fighting monkeys too.”
“My little brother was saying the same thing,” agreed Bridget.
“My family wouldn’t stop crowding me,” added Corina. “My mother acts as though we’re the best of friends.”
“Things have really gone weird with my fans,” said Renee.
“What happened?” asked Zoey.
“There’s an argument between environmentalist and hunters if I’m a danger because I’m a wolf,” Renee answered. “Not to mention my agent wants to know if he has to make clothes with a place for my tail now.”
“I know!” exclaimed Zoey. “Zaki had given me a jean skirt with a hole for my tail. Are they expecting us to walk about in our Mew forms?” The five girls continued talking long into the afternoon. Next thing they knew, Zoey’s mother had asked if they were staying for supper. Realizing it was getting dark, Corina, Renee, Kiki, and Bridget left for home. What they didn’t know, was what was lurking the streets this night.

“They went this way,” called a guard. He and seven of his men raced down the back ally of northern Tokyo. They hadn’t realized that the ones they were after were watching from the roof tops. Finally, all was silent. Fang looked about at her army. Shyam stood at her side. She finally turned to him. “Good work,” she praised. “Now, we need to settle on a deal.”
“I thought we already had a deal,” scolded Shyam.
“For each human my army kills, I want you to realise another forty of my people,” continued Fang.
“That wasn’t our original agreement,” hissed Shyam. Fang suddenly had Shyam by the throat. “Listen here,” she hissed. “I’m the one holding all the cards. You either agree, or die.”
“You forget I still hold the trump card,” teased Shyam. “Without me, your people are still trapped. Do you think that you will make it out here on your own?” Fang glared at Shyam, and then dropped him. “I want all the expecting females released first,” she said. Then Fang turned to her army. “We need to kill 87 humans tonight if we’re going to free the ones expected any day now,” she told them.
“Why expecting females?” asked Shyam. “They wouldn’t be of any help to fight.”
“You don’t know what the WMC does to new born,” she hissed. “We can’t afford to lose any more.”
“Very well,” agreed Shyam. “At the end of ever other night, I will free forty of your people for every human killed. And as a bonus for killing those on my list, I’ll free sixty. Do you agree to these terms?” Fang nodded. She never once turned to face Shyam again. “Two tail, deep claw, great main, multi coat, and great wing,” she spoke. “You five are to stick with me. We’ll take the south western part of town. Small ear, Feather paw, and Fire star will lead the other groups. I want four Warriors for each leader. Small ear, take the north western area. Feather paw, you take the north eastern. And Fire star, you’ll lead in the south eastern. We are to hide at sunrise. Agreed?”
“Agreed,” called her Warriors.
“Good,” she said plainly. “Now go.” With that, Fang’s Warriors organized themselves in groups of five, and left. Now only fang, the four Warriors she had called, and Shyam remained. Fang looked at Shyam. “I will meet you here with my people every other night,” she hissed. “You go against you’re word, and I’ll have a new fang on my necklace.” With that, Fang and her Warriors left.
__________________________
Okay, that was fun! As for why I had Zoey hit a wall is because I have my own cats. One of which had done the same as Zoey while high on catnip. He was trying to get through his cat door and missed. I hope you all enjoyed this chap. Chap 6 coming soon!
Ja ne