Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom fighters ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Again, we must all thank Morita Aymui for saving this fic. You’re awesome! BTW, this chap goes to the song Listen to your heart (Slow mix) by DHT (Not mine, so don‘t sue). It’s about Mark and Zoey’s feelings. Much Fluff or at least I tried. You guys are the judges!
Chapter 8
Sadly, the four mews, and Mark returned to the café. They had found Zoey’s cell phone. Only it was in pieces.

I know there’s something in the wake of your smile.
I get a notion from the look in your eyes.

Mark only wished to see Zoey once more. See she was safe. That she was single-handily captured the real culprits to these murders. Where could she possibly be? Was she hurt? Was she left out there to die? Had she been a witness murdered for going after the murder? Were they holding her captive? Mark shook his head. This was no time to think like this.

You’re built to love, but that love falls apart,
A little piece of heaven turns to dark.

Mark couldn’t help how he felt. The world suddenly felt cold, and dark. He felt like his very being had been stripped away from him. Mark didn’t enter the café. Instead, he looked up at the stars. Do you see them too Zoey? He wondered. Are you among them?

Listen to your heart, when he’s calling for you.
Listen to your heart, there’s nothing else you can.
I don’t know where you’re going,
And I don’t know why.
But listen to your heart, before, you tell him goodbye.

Zoey glanced to the sky. Mark, she thought. I wish I didn’t have to fight. If it wasn’t for my cat senses, I won’t be stuck where I am. Are you safe? I hope you’re not a target.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worth while.
The precious moments are all lost in the tide.

“Hey dreamer, keep up will you,” called Feather paw. Zoey nodded silently, and picked up her pace. She didn’t know why, but she felt uneasy going to meet this Fang. What was he like? Would he harm her? Would he expect her to attack humans too? Zoey didn’t know. It felt dark; cold. Zoey was afraid. Her good times with Mark felt so far away.
Their first date. They had visited an exhibit on Red data animals. It was that same day Wesley and Elliot had turned her into a Mew Mew. Since then she had hide from him. But he stayed loyal. One rainy night, they confessed their love. How wonderful it had been. Then during Christmas, she finally told Mark she was a Mew Mew. She expected him to leave her, but instead, he already knew. He had been afraid that if he mentioned it, she would leave him. Mark, How foolish of you to think such a thing, Zoey thought. Then, not long ago, she discovered he was the Blue knight. How happy she felt. The world felt bright, and happy. It felt like the sun would never stop shining.
Now, the sun would never shine again until she saw him. Her heart sank. What’s worse is she didn’t know if she would ever see him again. Did he believe she had run away? Did he believe she had died? She hoped he wasn’t moving on from her.

They’re swept away, and nothing is what it seems.
The feeling of belonging, to your dreams.

Feather paw found him having to slow down for Zoey to keep up. What was she thinking about? The look in her eyes suddenly helped him realize what she had been thinking of. A dear love. Figures a cute girl like her had a love. Wow! Did he just find her cute? Feather paw shook his head. Don’t you dare, he thought. You’re betrothed already. If father found out, boy would you get it!

Listen to your heart, when he’s calling for you.
Listen to your heart, there’s nothing else you can.
I don’t know where you’re going,
And I don’t know why.
But listen to your heart, before, you tell him goodbye.

Elliot had noticed Mark standing outside. He had returned from court a short time ago. There was a recess till 5 o’clock tomorrow. “Hey,” he called as he approached Mark. Mark looked from the stars to Elliot. “Hey,” he answered sadly.
“You miss her,” concluded Elliot. Mark nodded sadly. “She’ll be fine,” Elliot added. “She a tough squirt.”
“Yes, but there are still so many dangers,” continued Mark. “I wish I could just hear her voice once more. If I could just tell her how much I love her.” Elliot didn’t know what to say. All he could do is say comforting words. Maybe the girls would have better luck. “Why don’t you come on in,” he said. “I’ll make some hot chocolate.” Mark momentarily smiled at Elliot’s kindness. “Thanks,” he said, as he followed Elliot into the café. Mark stopped and looked at the stars once more before he left inside.

And there are voices that want to be heard.
So much to mention, but you can’t find the words.
The sent of magic; the beauty that’s been.
When love was wilder, than the wind.

“Almost there,” called Feather paw. Zoey didn’t seem to notice his voice. “DREAM PAW!” feather paw yelled. Zoey looked up in surprise. She stopped and looked about for the new Mew feather paw had named. Feather paw laughed. “Looks like we’ve got a Mew name for you,” he teased. Zoey was confused. Feather paw smiled. “If you ask me it sure suits you,” he teased.
“Me?” Zoey asked stupidly. She felt unsure ever since Feather paw had caught her off guard in la la land. “Yes you,” Feather paw laughed. “You could always wait for Fang to give you your Mew name. It might be something like street cat. What do you think?”
“I have a name,” hissed Zoey.
“Oh ya, a human name,” teased Feather paw. Zoey felt frustrated. “Do you like sticking out?” he asked her.
“Huh?” was Zoey’s responds.
“If you go around fellow Mews with a human name, your not gonna earn anyone’s trust,” Feather paw explained. “Come on Dream paw, we only have till sunrise to find Fang.” Feather paw took off. “My name is Zoey,” Zoey hissed under her breath. She followed. This guy was getting on her nerves.

Listen to your heart, when he’s calling for you.
Listen to your heart, there’s nothing else you can.
I don’t know where you’re going,
And I don’t know why.
But listen to your heart, before, you tell him goodbye.

Zoey looked to the stars once more. She didn’t know it, but it was the same time Mark had done so. Zoey did know that she had to talk to Fang to stop his warriors from killing humans.
_________________________
My day was so made, I updated both chaps 7&8! First ever time I’ve combined a song with a fic. (Lot of first huh? lol) Listening to the song just made me think I should add what is going through Mark and Zoey’s minds. I think it’s totally Kawii! (Kawii=cute as in adorable cute it’s Japanese)
Anyway, ch.9 coming soon.
Ja ne.