Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom fighters ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9
Feather paw looked about the old apartment building. A sign hung on the door. “Set to be demolished on February 28” Zoey read.
“Hmm, still have a few days,” added Feather paw. He was looking about for an opening. Zoey just sat there in front of the door. It was sealed so no one was to enter; at least, not through the door. “Dream Paw, over here,” called Feather paw from the fire escape.
“It’s Zoey,” Zoey hissed under her breath. She ran over to where Feather paw stood. “I need to warn you,” he whispered. “Fang is patient to all Mews, even when they throw a temper at her. The one you need to watch out for is her right hand Mew. Two tail of Claw clan. She has a temper, and hates it when anyone speaks rudely to Fang. If we’re lucky, Fang will only have her husband great main with her.” Zoey nodded in understanding. Then something dawned on Zoey. “Fang’s a girl?” she asked. Feather paw laughed. “Did you think she was a guy?” he teased. “I thought I had mentioned Fang was female back at the hide away.”
“I was still out of it back there,” Zoey snapped.
“Out of it?” asked Feather paw confused.
“Don’t you know slang?” asked Zoey. Feather paw shook his head. “You’ll have to explain later,” he said. The feather paw entered the apartment. Zoey looked about her; then she too entered.
Inside was no different than an apartment building. Only it was old, with missing floor boards, and torn walls. Old furniture lined the walls. Several wooden chairs, one cushioned chair, and a couch sat in the room. On one of the wooden chairs sat a young fox. The fox swayed it’s two tails back and forth. So Two tail literally has two tails, Zoey mentally laughed. I wonder how Feather paw obtained his name; or Fang at that matter. Zoey looked around more. A multi coloured wolf was curled up a sleep in the corned. In front of the couch lay a lioness. She still bore the spots of a young cub, but she was old enough to tell she was a lioness rather than a lion. Lying out on the couch was a lioness, and a lion next to her. They looked older. The lion had a large dark main. It made him look fairly handsome for a lion. The lioness wore fangs around her neck. Zoey gulped at the sight of human teeth.
The lioness on the couch lifted her massive head off her paws. “Who is this that you bring Feather paw?” she asked.
“Mistress Fang, I have brought Dream paw,” presented Feather paw.
“Zoey,” Zoey hissed under her breath. In the silence of the room, Zoey’s hiss had seemed as loud as speech. “You bare a human name?” questioned Two tail. The wolf in the corner had awakened, and approached Zoey. He or she sniffed at Zoey for a moment. Then the wolf walked over to a wooden chair. “She smells of human,” the wolf concluded. The voice was female, Zoey realized.
“Our kind has been hunting,” answered who Zoey figured was Fang. Fang leapt from her seat and walked up to Zoey. “And all Mews have human names for undercover reasons,” Fang continued. “But do tell why you would rather a human name to a Mew?” Zoey didn’t know what to do or say. She felt a sudden nudge on her lower back. She looked back to see Feather paw using his tail to push her forward. Zoey glared at him. He just nodded to the others as though to tell Zoey to speak. Now or never, Zoey thought as she returned her gaze to Fang.
“My name is Zoey Hanson,” she began. “And I’m just a human girl turned into a Mew Mew.”
“A human to a Mew?” repeated Two tail. She had spat it out like food with a bad taste. Zoey was slowly figuring that she didn’t like Two tail. “Hold your tongue Two tail,” scolded Fang calmly. She had raised her tail as a gesture for silence. “Tell us, are there more humans turned to Mew Mews?” Fang asked. The sway of Fang’s tail reminded Zoey of a whip lashing to and fro before striking. “Yes,” answered Zoey.
Fang accepted Zoey’s answer, and walked off to the chair with cushions. Before sitting, Fang transformed from Lioness, to Mew Mew. Then she sat with the grace of a queen. “Come, take a seat,” Fang called. “Two tail, multi coat, and deep claw. Will you three be as so kind as to fetch some dinner. I am sure Dream paw and Feather paw are hungry from their journey.”
“Yes fang,” nodded the other lioness. She was quick to her paws. The next moment she was a Mew Mew. A long lioness’ tail and gold eyes identified her as a Mew. She looked younger than Zoey. The lioness headed for the apartment door to search the building. The multi coloured wolf followed. When she transformed, it wasn’t that different from Renee; wolf ears and tail. This wolf however, had one white ear, one grey. And her tail was a mix of black, grey, red, and brown. Two tail raced to the opening that Zoey and Feather paw had entered from. Zoey was unable to see what Two tail looked like in Mew form. To be serious, she didn’t care.
Feather paw was the first to take his seat. Zoey soon followed. By now, she knew Feather paw meant her no harm. There for, she preferred to be near him until she was more sure of the others. “What makes you afraid?” asked Fang. Zoey looked at Fang. There was no sign of aggression in her eyes; just wisdom. “Everything is changing so quickly,” Zoey admitted.
“You have questions,” stated Fang. Zoey nodded. “Ask what you will, I have till dusk,” encouraged Fang. So, Zoey asked the questions of her mind.

“Enough already!” called Elliot. The mews were slowly getting on his nerves with questions about the court, and what could be causing so many deaths. It made Elliot glad that Mark was silent. “Okay,” he began. “There is only one theory to what is killing humans.” Elliot was unsure if he should continue. “What is it then?” asked Kiki.
“It might be…” Elliot took in a deep breath. “The Wild Mews.” The others looked at him confused. “WILD Mews?” asked Renee.
“Yes, WILD Mews,” Elliot answered. “They were raised in a laboratory just out of town. In a reserved forested area. They’re raised with a deep hate for humans. That’s because the only humans they’ve met wanted to use them like lab rats. The Wild Mew Centre has over five hundred thousand Mews and counting. It was also the place…” again, Elliot seemed unsure of continuing. “Where your girls, including Zoey, were born.” Everyone was shocked.

“You see, there was a prophecy telling of city Mews saving Mew kind,” answered Fang. “So to find a city Mew such as you at a time like this is little less than a god sent.”
“I don’t understand,” said Zoey. “If I was born a mew among the centre, then are the humans who raised me not my real parents?” Fang shook her head. “I knew your parents,” she said sadly. “And the parents of all the other City Mews. I don’t know how many remained out there. If there were even any left. You see, many were killed in that time. Most were young parents and their children. Others were older who had been trying to help the parental Mews escape. The WMC did what they could to cover up about the Mews. People just forgot. The centre never did find out that their top employee, and model Professor had help in the escape. He believed Mews had just as much right to freedom as humans. Eventually he moved and settled down. Heard he even had a kid. But other than that, no Mew had ever seen him again.” Zoey became even sadder. She realized that maybe she and her friends could help both humans and Mew Mews. “Now we’re taking revenge,” Fang continued. “We’re going to run humans out of Japan. So Mews can live here peacefully. And humans can go leave were they will. We’ll kill anyone who gets in our way.”
“Maybe you won’t have to kill,” Zoey spoke up. She may be a Mew Mew, but she was raised by humans. Thus she had to stand up for them. “Maybe my friends and I could help you find peace with humans,” Zoey continued. Fang stared at her. “Very well, go speak with your friends,” she said. “See if there is a solution. I do not wish to spill the blood of my people any more than humans.” Zoey nodded happily. Now she was able to return home, and possible save humans and Mew Mews. Zoey didn’t even take the time to say good bye as she rushed out of the apartment.
“Dream paw?” Fang rolled the name on her tongue. “It suits her. For what she speaks of is just that; a dream. Feather paw, Multi coat, and deep Claw; you are to follow her, and be sure she doesn’t speak to any humans. I’ll have Two tail get Great wing, and then the two will follow. Once you find the other Mews, capture them, and bring them to me. 30 years planning is not about to be wasted by one foolish Mew.” Multi coat and Deep Claw came out from hiding in the hall. They hadn’t actually gone hunting. Feather paw was the first to leave the apartment. The other two followed quickly. Humans will die, and Mews shall rain, Thought Fang. There won’t be any other way. Mew Mews will rule the earth!
_________________________
Wow! Doesn’t it make you wonder? Will our heroes truly turn to the wild Mews? Or will they fight for humans? Such a difficult choice. Read and find out.
Ja ne