Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Freedom fighters ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 11
Zoey wasn’t surprised to find the wild Mews were taking her and the others to the apartment that Fang resided in. However, why had these mews kidnapped her and the others? Didn’t they want peace? Board from the trip, Zoey looked to her friends. Little claw was carrying Kiki. She was just a little taller than Kiki. Zoey noticed ‘little’ claw had her huge claws on the back on Kiki’s neck; probably to stop her from fighting back. Feather paw had done the same to Zoey. Zoey smiled at the thought of how she had left a good scratch on Feather paw’s face. Kiki must have been real trouble to Little claw. Both of Little claw’s eyes were outlined with black patches. Wait a minute, Kiki couldn’t have made such dark patches without Little claw going blind, Zoey thought. Zoey looked over Little Claw’s features. The girl had long white hair and two round black ears on her head. “Hey Feather paw,” Zoey began.
“I already said I wasn’t going to let you free, so don’t even bother,” answered Feather paw.
“Not that,” Zoey responded. To be honest, she did badly want him to let her go. Oh well, Can’t be helped. “What kind of Bear is Little claw?” Zoey asked.
“Oh, she’s a panda of course,” answered Feather paw. He didn’t look at Zoey when he spoke to her.
Zoey looked at the other Mews. She knew Swift wind was a fellow cat. By the looks of things, Bridget hadn’t fought back against Swift wind. Swift wind had her claws sheathed, and merely carried Bridget. Bridget looked fairly uncomfortable in Swift wind’s grasp. Zoey looked behind Feather paw. A small distance away the male wolf Mew was carrying Renee.
He had dark burses from Renee’s abuse. A dark red mark lay on his check. The mark made a perfect outline of Renee’s hand. Zoey laughed a little. Renee looked to be mouthing off at the other wolf, and the other wolf looked very annoyed. In fact, as far as Zoey could tell, he was growling at Renee to shut her mouth. Fire star had been less politely of course. “What are you looking at?” asked Feather paw. Zoey looked at him. He was for once looking at her. “Who’s that wolf carrying Renee?” she asked. Feather paw stopped a moment to look back. Then he continued to run. “That’s Fire star,” he answered. “He’s the Alpha of the Claw pack. All wolves are under his command, and he’s not very patient for those who are disobedient. Believe me when I say your friend is REALLY looking for trouble. Only Fang gets away with treating him like that.” Zoey sent a silent prayer that Renee wouldn’t get the worst of Fire star’s wrath.
Zoey and Feather paw were silent once more. A scream rang out over head. Zoey looked up to see two silhouettes. One was falling rapidly. The other was flying close to the falling one. Then the one flying caught the one falling. The silhouettes grew larger as they came closer to the earth. Zoey noticed that Corina was clinging to the other winged mew from earlier. Odd, Corina can fly, why didn’t she fly? Zoey thought. The winged mew that Zoey was yet to know by name flew next to Feather paw. That’s when Zoey noticed the winged mew had tied Corina’s wings together. That’s why…Zoey thought. She felt frustrated with the mew carrying Corina. How could he have done such a thing?
Corina finally opened her eyes, and let go of him. Then she slapped him. “Why did you do that!” she yelled at him again.
“You know very well why,” he answered. Surprisingly he was calm. Again Corina slapped him. “Untie my wings!” she yelled at him. “And let me go!” Corina started to really hit the other mew. The winged mew took higher to the sky, and again dropped Corina. “And he wonders why he’s single,” laughed Feather paw. “I can’t believe he’s leader of lorikeets.”
“He’s a leader?” asked Zoey with shock. How could some one so mean be leader? She watched as he yet again caught Corina safely in the sky. “Yeah, Great wing’s usually a nice guy, but he tends to be fairly childish,” answered Feather paw.
Great wing flew down next to Feather paw and Zoey once more. This time Corina wasn’t clinging to him for dear life. She had a look on her face that told Zoey Corina was going to get revenge for this. Zoey laughed inwardly at the look on Great wing’s face. He obviously knew Corina planned revenge, and was starting to regret what he had done. The sun was setting, and the city mews were fairly tired. What did you expect with no sleep last night? Zoey curled up to Feather paw. She didn’t like it, but at least this way she could get some sleep.
Zoey looked to her friends once more. Kiki had fully fallen asleep. Little claw had removed her claws from their threatening position on Kiki’s neck. Corina and Bridget looked like they were ready to fall asleep too. Zoey looked back to see Renee talking with Fire star. Renee looked so tired, but she wasn’t about to fall asleep in such a situation as this. Zoey smiled as she curled up once again. Gently, she let her eyes close.

The stars sparkled over head. The quarter moon shone brightly through the clear night sky. The other three city mews had given in to their need for sleep; even Renee. Though she had given Fire star such a hassle before doing so. Minus Renee’s hassle, Fire star had caught up with the other wild mews. Feather paw looked around at the tired mews. Almost there, he thought. He, himself, was become fairly tired. Maybe talking would help him stay awake. “Hey, any idea were Small ear and his group are?” he asked. “I heard they were helping Fang and Great Main with tonight’s escape,” Feather paw’s good friend Great wing answered.
“How many are going to be freed?” Feather paw asked.
“My group had killed about 78 humans,” answered Fire star. “I think 20 of them were on Shyam’s list. What about yours?”
“I didn’t count last night’s catch,” answered Feather paw. “I do know we got 30 on the first night.”
“Fang must have got at least one hundred by herself,” laughed Little claw.
“Actually, she only got 7,” answered Great wing.
“Fang?” asked Swift wind in disbelief.
“It’s true,” responded Multi coat. She had slowed her run to talk with those actually wanting to talk. “She’s been doing more planning rather than hunting,” she finished.
“What’s there to plan?” asked Little claw. “We kill humans; our kind is freed, and Mews rule the earth.”
“Little claw, humans have those fire sticks,” answered Swift wind. “They could kill us from far distances. We can’t get them till we’re within reach.”
“And then they have stuff for close rang too,” added Feather paw. “Those are sharper than our fangs.”
“Let’s hope the prophecy is correct,” said Great wing as he looked at the girl in his arms. A small smile came over his face. “Their kind of like kids when their sleeping, huh” he commented.
“Kids my @$$,” cursed Fire star. “If this one so much barks another ignorant word at me, I’ll tear her ears off.”
“It’s best you didn’t,” sad Two tail. She had just pulled up from the back. “At the moment, she’s higher ranking than you,” she continued. “Hero’s come together, out of the fight. None shall defy them, for they are what’s right.”
“Saviours of the earth, in the cover of the cities night,” continued Feather paw. “Blood is shed, and the earth is dead, until these heroes stand and fight. Heroes please come to save your fellow mews. Make the earth see a new. Open the eyes of what is wrong, and make the world right; in the shadows of a dark night.”
“I wonder what it truly means,” pondered Multi coat aloud.
“It’s of the earth being saved,” answered Fire star. “And we all know the only way for that to happen is if Mew mews rule.” The others agreed, and finished their journey in silence. Much was to be expected of these young mews. The whole world depends on them; So much more than any could imagine.
_____________________________
There you go folks. Again, I couldn’t add all I wanted to or else it would be too long and give away too much. I was listening to the song “At the beginning” while I wrote this. (Note: really sappy/ happy song) There for the chap turned out as a happy/sad thing. This was mostly for you to know the prophecy. If you ask me, there are some bugs in this prophecy. Please tell me what you think! I want to make sure I’m doing things right. Thanks for reading.
Ja ne