Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Lucky Seven ❯ Enter Kisshu -Nya! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After the most recent review I received, I got a grammar score of 8 of 10. To me, anything short of a 9 sucks. So I asked myself: "Self, why do I suck at grammar?" And then it hits me, maybe it's because I write most of these chapters for long periods of time at 1 in the morning… That might be it…

I don't own Tokyo Mew Mew!

READ!

Time to Choose: Chapter Three! ~Nya!

Ichigo, making sure that her window was securely closed and hidden behind the curtain, slowly stepped out of her dress.

"It really is beautiful," she sighed, holding it up in front of her. "To bad I couldn't wear it longer, but I don't think I could have lasted a minute down there with Ryou. I knew he kind of liked me, but I never knew like that." She slipped the dress onto a hanger and carefully put it in her closet. She stopped and looked around. "This room is so plain," she sighed. "I should have brought decorations from home. I can't go back now," she said to herself. "I'll just have to redecorate tomorrow." She looked at a small wall clock on the opposite wall. The minute hand was barely past the hour. "It's only eight," she grumbled. "There's not even a radio in here." She walked to the bed and laid down. The soon she went to bed, the sooner she would fall asleep. She could still hear the clamor and faint music from downstairs. She felt really bad about leaving, since she could still hear Ryou talking, but it was too muffled.

Then she sat up quickly. "Ryou's room is right next to mine!" she cried softly, not wanting to talk too loud. Just then, she felt footsteps going up the stairs and turn into the room diagonally across from hers. Ryou's room. He must have decided to go to bed, too. Ichigo turned the light off, rolled over, covered herself with her sheets carefully and pretended to go to sleep. She could hear the door creak open slowly, and the faint breathing of Ryou. It stayed like that for a few seconds, and then the door closed. Ichigo released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She tried to look to the door, but it was too dark.

The aura inside her room changed from a nervous wonder to an anxious worry. She shifted uneasily in her bed and turned onto her back. The room was abnormally dark, even if the lights were off. A cold shiver when down her spine. It felt like something was really close to her, but she couldn't see it.

But she felt it.

It was a hot, stinging sensation on her lips. She felt it before, a long time ago, but just once. She didn't realize her eyes were kept tight shut the entire time. She slowly cracked open her eye, seeing something golden. Opening the other eye, and taking focus, she saw two golden eyes staring back at her. Ichigo gasped loudly, and felt something enter her mouth. A tongue. She reached her arms and felt shoulders. She gripped them tightly and pushed them away, causing the lips and tongue to depart from hers. She quickly groped around the small bedside table for the lamp. Taking the lamp off the table, Ichigo turned it on and started to swing it at the kisser. Her eyes took a while to adjust to the light, but the figure in front of her was unmistaken.

"Kisshu!" she said loudly.

"Hello Honey!" he replied with a large, toothy grin. Ichigo screamed in shock. Instantly, the door to her room flung open.

"I heard a scream!" Ryou shouted. He was wearing black pajama bottoms, but no shirt. The white sheet that was covering Ichigo in her pajamas/underwear had fallen, and Kisshu was leaning suggestively over her. His head turned towards Ryou and he smirked, not fearing to show his slightly larger fangs. "Ichigo?" Ryou asked. "What's going on?"

Ichigo felt a fire set on her cheeks and her ears and tail pop out as she grappled for the sheets and covered her chest. "HENTAI!" she screamed. "Out!" she shouted, pointing towards the door. "Everybody out of my room!" Ryou blinked nervously, seeing Ichigo trying desperately to cover up her bra. Kisshu kissed her again on the cheek. "OUT!" He floated off of her and disappeared through the wall.

"Ichigo, the alien returned?" Ryou asked, approaching her. "Why didn't you say anything earlier."

"I don't know why they've returned," she tried to explain. Her cat ears slowly retreated. "They're not a threat anymore. They made they're peace with society."

"You can't trust them," he sighed. "I don't you sleeping by yourself with that pervert still here. Keiichiro has work to do in the basement all night, so you can sleep in my room."

The ears popped back out.

"I'll be fine," Ichigo tried to persuade. "If anything else happens, I'll call for you." He nodded his head slowly, checking the safety around the room and returning to his gaze to Ichigo.

"Put some clothes on," he said bluntly.

"OUT!" she shouted, throwing the lamp at the door after he closed it. It broke when it hit and shattered small pieces on the floor. The door opened back up and Ryou poked his head in.

"That lamp was expensive," he commented. "You'll have to work it off."

"What? Work it off? There are ten more just like it in the basement!"

"That doesn't mean they weren't expensive," he added, closing the door behind him. Ichigo released a frustrated sighed and collapsed on her bed.

"Oi, Ichigo, wake up!" Ryou hollered. Ichigo woke up, flustered and sleepy. She blinked a few times and recognized the light pink ceiling. She sat up and stretched, noticing the broken pieces of glass from the lamp had been picked up and a new one was in its place.

"Somebody was in my room again," she complained to herself. Her door opened and Ryou stood fastening his choker around his neck. Ichigo scrambled and grabbed her sheets, pulling them up to her chest.

"It's work time," he sighed, bringing his hands to his side. "And don't worry about lamp, Retasu came in and changed it." He adjusted his black vest casually and walked out. "By the way, don't be afraid to hide it, because it's nothing I haven't seen before." Ichigo gasped and took the new lamp, throwing at the door.

"You're just making yourself have to work more," he called from outside. She panted loudly as she heard his footsteps going downstairs, and the clatter of people eating at the café for brunch. Ichigo got out of bed and opened her closet.

"A uniform?" she questioned. In the closet, there was a bright, shiny, and very red new Café Mew Mew uniform waiting just for her. "This wasn't here yesterday. Perhaps Retasu brought it in when she replaced the lamp." She changed quickly into the uniform. Not much had changed, except maybe the skirt was hiked up a little more than she was younger, and the socks went up to her thighs. "At least it's still just as cute." She twirled around quickly in front of the mirror before putting her hair up in pigtails. She opened her door and skipped all the way to the ground floor. "I'm here everyone!" she announced.

Retasu was walking by balancing a large platter with cakes and bread on it. "Oh, good morning Ichigo. I thought you would have slept in today."

"I have to work to pay off the damage for the lamp, remember? You replaced it when I was asleep."

"I was only asked by Shirogane-san to get the lamp out of the basement. I was never in your room last night, Ichigo." She walked quickly to a table and placed the order in front of the girls. "In fact, the only people that were upstairs all last night were you and Shirogane. You don't think he walked in on you sleeping, did he?"

"I bet," Ichigo huffed, turning around. However, there was another boy upstairs with Ichigo last night. She thought for a moment about seeing Kisshu again. It had been seven years, and he greeted her as if it were any ordinary visit. The last time she saw her, she was thirteen. How old would that make him? It still creeped her out that they both saw her in her underwear. Retasu was the only one that knew she preferred to sleep "al natural," so she was in turn the only one who shared Ichigo's worry. At least she was wearing underwear last night. "I need to buy some pajamas tonight."

"You should have bought pajamas a long time ago," Retasu sighed, taking down an order. She ripped off the slip and handed it to her. "The routine hasn't changed much since you left. Take the order to Keiichiro and pick it up when it's ready." Ichigo nodded and turned to the kitchen. She accidentally bumped into Minto.

"Ichigo-chan, you're working?" she asked, fixing the barrette in her hair. She didn't wear it up in buns anymore. It seemed that as Ichigo was looking at Minto's hair, she was doing the same. "Pigtails, Ichigo-chan? Don't you think that's a little adolescent?" Ichigo stopped and puffed her cheeks.

"No!" she replied like a child before storming off to the kitchen. She marched through the saloon-styled doors and slammed the food order next to the sink. "No matter how old she gets, Minto is still Minto."

Keiichiro chuckled, "And no matter how old you get, Ichigo is still Ichigo." She sighed waved her hand carelessly.

"I wouldn't even be in this mess if Ryou didn't peep on me last night."

He stopped stirring the cake mix and turned to her. "About that," he started, "Ryou told me what happened, with the alien returning and all. Ichigo, although you may believe these aliens are our allies now, you can't second guess them. I believe it was the one Ryou caught in bed with you that wanted you dead more than any of the other Mew Mews."

"But they've changed!" Ichigo protested. "I know they did! I can understand if Ryou didn't believe me, but I thought at least you would have."

"Please understand that it's not that I don't believe you, it's that I don't believe them. Seven years is a long time, Ichigo, and if they found a new leader in that time, they could have changed their minds."

"But not Kisshu! I know he would never betray me," she stated as calmly as she could. "He's too good for that! He didn't betray me before, he was just following orders."

"And what if he's just following orders again, Ichigo?"

"He wouldn't betray me!" Ichigo said louder.

"I know I sound like a tough father to you, but I don't want you seeing him. If he reappears out of nowhere, just transform into a Mew Mew and go get help."

"I can't believe you think you're big enough to tell me what to do! I'm twenty!"

"But you're still young."

"I'm twenty," she reiterated.

"Ichigo, you're acting like an adolescent. Stop and think-"

"I'm not adolescent!" she shouted. "I've fallen in love! I've coped! I've been married! I've been divorced! I've made love! I've been hurt! I've saved the entire world more times than any damned national leader, and I was only in middle school! I've lived though more and seen more than most twenty year olds only dream about! I've fought aliens and befriended them! Even made them our allies! I know that they will not be disloyal to us. Good bye." She walked quickly out of the kitchen followed closely by Keiichiro.

"Ichigo, wait!"

"NO!" She stormed out the door and down the street.

"What did you do?" Ryou asked, walking up to his friend.

"I told her that she shouldn't trust the aliens as much as she does, and she blew up on me. I've never seen her so defensive," he sighed, going back inside. Some of the customers looked questioningly, but quickly focused on their menus when Keiichiro checked on them. "Do you think this could be partly Aoyama's fault? She hinted to him in the speech she made to me. I sometimes forget that she's not thirteen anymore. She is an adult."

"It still doesn't give her the right to trust the aliens. She'll understand sooner or later. You were right to do what you did." He sighed and walked him back into the kitchen. "Don't worry too much. She probably just went on another walk to cool off some steam."

"I hope she's not too angry with me…"