Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Lucky Seven ❯ Conversing with the Enemy! -Nya! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Phwee! Can this be? Rossi-chan updates twice in one week? Inconceivable! (I'm watching the Princess Bride on WE.) This chapter is undeniably short, I'm sorry…

I have a quick question for those of you who know a little Japanese. (I don't incorporate Japanese into my fanfics in most cases, this is about my webcomic.) Okay, so if you were to say `I love you' word-for-word, would it be `Watashi ai onushi'? I know that the first two words are right, but I wasn't sure what version of `you' to use. There's a lot… So if anybody knows if that's right or not, I'd appreciate it.

Anywho, on with the show!

Remember, Review! I hate to say that I feed off of reviews, but I really do. It's sad, actually. It's a lonely, miserable life… Anyways, reviews make it happen!

Status: Four chapters posted. Nine chapters completed. One in production. 39 pages so far! w00t! 6() |\/|3!

Disclaimer: I don't own Tokyo Mew Mew

Chapter Four!

"Jeez, I'm so angry with Keiichiro," Ichigo seethed while looking up at the sky. "The aliens are innocent! I know they are, but no body will listen to me!" She made her way to the park and sat under a tree. The park was relatively empty, for a Thursday morning. In fact, nobody was in the park at all. "Kisshu," she sighed, looking up at the sky, "if you're out there, I want to talk to you later. Not now, though." Again, she heard an abnormal shift in the way the tree branches swayed.

"Of course, kitten, but you know I'm free now." Ichigo suddenly felt an arm wrap around her waste. Kisshu had decided to appear next to her and uncomfortably close. "What did you want to talk about? I have all the time in the world." He slowly crept his hand up her stomach, but she stopped him before he got too close to her chest.

"Why are you here?" she asked, looking at the grass by his feet. It feet were bigger, and he finally grew out of the boots he wore when he was younger and was wearing black leather ones.

"I've been here for about seven years."

"Seven? You've stayed ever since I defeated Deep Blue? What did you do all that time?" she asked, interested. He paused uneasily for a moment before continuing.

"I've just looked after you and the Mew Mews. It was the least I could do after I put all that trouble on you. Plus, I wasn't ready to leave you yet." He gripped her tighter in a hug and dug his nose into her hair. "I missed your scent. Strawberries."

"Kisshu, we've talked about this."

"I know, but Aoyama isn't an issue anymore. I'm going to win you over, Ichigo," he whispered. Ichigo sighed sadly and turned towards him. For the first time she got a good look at him. His skin was still a pale green, and ears still large and pointed, but other than that, he'd look almost human, except with his golden eyes. His shirt was still the same, a tattered brown shirt that stopped midway with a raggedy black under shirt that went down further, but left sloppily untucked. His shorts went down past the knees instead of above them, and were a dark forest green. He still wore the same ragged and unnecessary loin cloth, though. He seemed to be a living, breathing oxymoron by just sitting next to Ichigo in her bright red and white waitress uniform.

"Kisshu," she stated. "Have you gotten older?" He straightened up and cleared his throat.

"Well, yes, obviously. I don't grow young, do I?"

"I suppose, but I guessed that since you were aliens you aged slower, or never aged at all."

"My species lived on earth for a while, living like the dominant species humans are today. We ate basically the same food and lived the same lives. We may have lived a little longer with our cleaner atmosphere, but we still age at the same pace as you."

"Oh. So Taruto and Pai are older now, too?"

"Of course."

There was another short pause before Ichigo continued. "What about women? Are there any female aliens where you live?"

"Would there not be any girls if I weren't here?" he replied dumbly. "Of course. We reproduce just like any other mammal on this earth."

"So, why didn't you find a nice alien girl to take up your time instead of stalking me while I was married to Aoyama?"

"I couldn't care any less for those girls back home. I love you, Ichigo," he said sweetly, burrowing his nose into her neck.

"Kisshu, we've talked about this," she reminded. "So, if you've been with me this entire time, does that mean you haven't even been home since then? You haven't seen Taruto or Pai at all?"

"No. They prefer not to visit, and same with me. We were all sick of each other by the time the mission was over. We just went our separate ways."

"I suppose that's the same as me. Ever since I married Aoyama and was old enough to move to Hitachi, I kind of excommunicated myself with everyone back home." She sighed and leaned further against the tree. Kisshu's hand got caught between them an he wiggled it loose. "Where do you live?" she asked suddenly. Kisshu didn't answer for a moment, rubbing his hand and trying to find something to do with it since he couldn't wrap it around her waste.

"In trees, or in parks."

"What? You mean all those times when the trees shifted funny, that was you?"

"Probably, or a really big bird."

"Why didn't you just come and see me? I wouldn't have been happy to see you again."

"No you wouldn't, you'd be angry with me."

"Hell, yes, I'd be angry with you. You've been stalking me after I thought you were at an entirely different planet, but I wouldn't stay angry with you."

"Are you mad at me now?"

Ichigo sighed, "No. I'm actually glad you're back."

"Why?"

Without answering, Ichigo stood up and stretched, dusting off the grass and dirt off her bloomers. "I need to be getting back. Ryou's probably really angry with me for storming out the way I did. I should apologize to Keiichiro, too."

"Where does this leave us?" he asked, getting up, but not dusting himself off. She turned and smiled.

"We're friends," she replied. He was obviously not happy with the comment, but he hid it behind a toothy grin. His vampiristic fangs were longer, she noticed. Probably another sign of an alien who finished growing up.

"So I'm accepted, then?"

"No, not by my friends, but come by my room tonight, and we can talk more then. I'll make sure Ryou won't interrupt us." She knew that Kisshu would more than likely misinterpret her comment, but she tried to block it out of her mind as she walked towards the café.

"I'll be waiting," he said happily, hovering next to her.

"Before you disappear," she said, "where do you go while I've been at work or about? You couldn't have shown your face to the people here, so where did you go?" He shrugged and lazily pointed to the tree they were just sitting under.

"I usually sat in the branches of that tree. It stays green all season, and with my clothes not very many people can see me."

"It must be boring to sit in that same old tree all the time."

"Not really, I set free kites that get caught and keep watch over birds nests."

"You're like a little tree sprite. That's nice."

"Is that all? I feel funny being out in the open like this."

"Why?"

He pointed to his ears. "The way they stick out. My skin isn't so green to the point that people notice, but they'd notice the ears in an instant… and my eyes… and my teeth. I'm just not socially safe here."

"Oh," Ichigo said, turning and looking downcast to the sidewalk for a moment. "Okay, I guess I can understand because of my cat ears, but you look the way you do all the time."

"Don't lose sleep over it," he said casually. He approached her, took her hand, and kissed it like a gentleman. "If you will excuse me, I have to prepare for a date tonight!" He floated even higher up into the air and disappeared into the sky.

"Wait!" she called out to him, but this time he didn't. "It's not a date." She moaned and looked at her watch. "Jeez, we talked for over an hour! Now Ryou's really gonna be mad." She looked up at the sky where Kisshu and turned, sprinting towards the café.